PDA

View Full Version : Time to Clean House

EliMVP-NYG
12-27-2012, 01:13 PM
This team needs a major overhaul from top to bottom, including the coaching staff. The only one who is safe is Eli at this point.

gmen0820
12-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Strahan for head coach!!!1!!1111!!!1111!!!!!!!!

Diamondring
12-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Oh come on with that cleaning house routine man.

EliMVP-NYG
12-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Strahan for head coach!!!1!!1111!!!1111!!!!!!!!

We should hire Strahan as a cheerleader of some sort since this team has no leadership.

gmen0820
12-27-2012, 01:20 PM
We should hire Strahan as a cheerleader of some sort since this team has no leadership.Disagree, he should be HC. Carl Banks and Antonio Pierce can split DC duties. Phil Simms can be the OC. LT can coach the LBers. Amani Toomer can be the WR coach. Tiki can coach the RBs, he'll make Wilson a stud!!!!

Am I missing anyone?!?!?!!?111/1!?!/

Rudyy
12-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Disagree, he should be HC. Carl Banks and Antonio Pierce can split DC duties. Phil Simms can be the OC. LT can coach the LBers. Amani Toomer can be the WR coach. Tiki can coach the RBs, he'll make Wilson a stud!!!!Am I missing anyone?!?!?!!?111/1!?!/Currently running out of oxygen due to excessive laughter.

YATittle1962
12-27-2012, 01:25 PM
yeah

thats the way you help a QB who has been in the same system for all these years and won 2 SB in it .......you clean house

great idea

how about get some O and D linemen that are worth a damn and play some football

RoanokeFan
12-27-2012, 01:26 PM
yeah

thats the way you help a QB who has been in the same system for all these years and won 2 SB in it .......you clean house

great idea

UGH! These threads make me wish the season was over yesterday

timmytimm3
12-27-2012, 01:27 PM

The voice of reason.

gmen0820
12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Currently running out of oxygen due to excessive laughter.The lack of oxygen to your brain will eventually get you thinking like that lol

Rudyy
12-27-2012, 01:29 PM
The lack of oxygen to your brain will eventually get you thinking like that lolLOL yeah. Enough of this clean house stuff. We aren't the Jets.

Diamondring
12-27-2012, 01:48 PM
yeah

great idea

how about get some O and D linemen that are worth a damn and play some footballAnd you told me that you only put sense in your children.

gmen0820
12-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Correction: Diamondring for OC.

YATittle1962
12-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Correction: Diamondring for OC.

no no no

GWAT for OC

I know those napkins are floating around somewhere

YATittle1962
12-27-2012, 01:53 PM
And you told me that you only put sense in your children.

well maybe a nugget for the common folk every now and then

:)

gmen0820
12-27-2012, 01:55 PM
I know those napkins are floating around somewhere407

dezzzR
12-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Disagree, he should be HC. Carl Banks and Antonio Pierce can split DC duties. Phil Simms can be the OC. LT can coach the LBers. Amani Toomer can be the WR coach. Tiki can coach the RBs, he'll make Wilson a stud!!!!

Am I missing anyone?!?!?!!?111/1!?!/hahaha

YATittle1962
12-27-2012, 01:58 PM

hahahaha

that cat was the best

I wonder if he is still floating around here in new packaging

Diamondring
12-27-2012, 01:59 PM
no no no

GWAT for OC

I know those napkins are floating around somewhereHey, I'm nothing to be joked about. I'm a 300 pound man and move faster than men half my size, know martial arts and a former powerlifter still have strength and knowledge about life. Check my track record and you would see most of my predictions came out like I have said. You only go by what others said about me but I predicted that our offense was build to score a lot of points befor preseason 08 began while others keep saying we should use ball control. The posts I made about 3 and 4 wr sets are from experience of what I seen in the game and does not come from me. If you think i don't know the game then go to Bill Walsh's Grave and tell him so. .

The thing I would look at on offense is Reuben and Barden cause if those two can contribute, the running game would be better and my decision of plays would be as well. Most of my plays are designed against formations and have a lot of directions to them to be written on toilet paper.

gmen0820
12-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Hey, I'm nothing to be joked about. I'm a 300 pound man and move faster than men half my size, know martial arts and a former powerlifter still have strength and knowledge about life. Check my track record and you would see most of my predictions came out like I have said. You only go by what others said about me but I predicted that our offense was build to score a lot of points befor preseason 08 began while others keep saying we should use ball control. The posts I made about 3 and 4 wr sets are from experience of what I seen in the game and does not come from me. If you think i don't know the game then go to Bill Walsh's Grace and tell him so. .

The thing I would look at on offense is Reuben and Barden cause if those two can contribute, they running game would be better and my decision of plays would be as well. Most of my plays are designed against formations and have a lot of directions to them to be written on toilet paper.

I wonder if he is still floating around here in new packaging

Well YA, I think your question was answered.

GameTime
12-27-2012, 02:11 PM
This team needs a major overhaul from top to bottom, including the coaching staff. The only one who is safe is Eli at this point.
makes me happy you are on the fan side of the Giants and not the team side...

Mercury
12-27-2012, 02:13 PM
If you want to clean house, you can clean mine. The cleaning supplies are under the kitchen sink. Have at it.

Diamondring
12-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Well YA, I think your question was answered.Wrong, I use the brown paper bag and toilet paper. Actually my plays are more complicated than Gilbrides but at the same time I can make plays to accomidate all players.

JJC7301
12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Disagree, he should be HC. Carl Banks and Antonio Pierce can split DC duties. Phil Simms can be the OC. LT can coach the LBers. Amani Toomer can be the WR coach. Tiki can coach the RBs, he'll make Wilson a stud!!!!

I'll take Banks as the HC, but I don't want TC gone as the HC. Love Banks and would love to see him as some kind of coordinator for the Giants one day.

YATittle1962
12-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Well YA, I think your question was answered.

I knew it

wuzpapn
12-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Carl Banks, really? I just don't think his niche is in coaching. He needs to stay on set with Papa.

Giantslb66
12-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Strahan for head coach!!!1!!1111!!!1111!!!!!!!! Too busy trying to be Regis Philbin with the "Human Toothpick"

ChuckKnoxx
12-27-2012, 03:57 PM
UGH! These threads make me wish the season was over yesterday Amen

RoanokeFan
12-27-2012, 04:22 PM
makes me happy you are on the fan side of the Giants and not the team side...

Why do you think he gives Eli a pass?

GameTime
12-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Homer.....

Hooligans
12-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Why would Eli be safe? He certainly isn't earning his $20 Million per year. If anything all the high priced under acheivers, like Eli, are at the top of the list to scrutinize this offseason. Just think what the Giants could do with $20 Million cap space and another 2 1st round draft picks!

EliMVP-NYG
12-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Eli gets a pass because we can not afford to lose him. Anyone else on the team in expendable, so we might as well clean house now because eventually and inevitably we will have to do so at some point.

GMENAGAIN
12-27-2012, 08:28 PM

So we should get 52 new players and a whole new coaching staff next year? Where do these nuts come from?

jomo
12-27-2012, 08:31 PM
So we should get 52 new players and a whole new coaching staff next year? Where do these nuts come from?Who knows where they come from. Truth is, we need to turnover the usual 25% of the roster and make it count. Overhaul OL and DL, find a stud linebacker and add some depth at OL and CB. We'll be fine.

GMENAGAIN
12-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Who knows where they come from. Truth is, we need to turnover the usual 25% of the roster and make it count. Overhaul OL and DL, find a stud linebacker and add some depth at OL and CB. We'll be fine.

Actually, I think that the only thing that needs to happen is for TC to be on the chopping block. That virtually guarantees a SB season!

tcseacliff
12-27-2012, 08:34 PM

is Bavarro available? screw! simms!

EliMVP-NYG
12-27-2012, 08:42 PM
So we should get 52 new players and a whole new coaching staff next year? Where do these nuts come from?

I don't think the entire team should go, that would just be ridiculous, but we need to trim some of the fat. Anyway, do you ever have a conversation with someone on these boards without insulting them or trying to pick a fight? You need to go see a therapist.

gmen0820
12-27-2012, 08:49 PM
is Bavarro available? screw! simms!Well, gee, guy! Who's gonna coach the TEs!!!???!?112421t421gmbgfahta

jomo
12-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Actually, I think that the only thing that needs to happen is for TC to be on the chopping block. That virtually guarantees a SB season!How did I miss that?

GMENAGAIN
12-27-2012, 10:28 PM
I don't think the entire team should go, that would just be ridiculous, but we need to trim some of the fat. Anyway, do you ever have a conversation with someone on these boards without insulting them or trying to pick a fight? You need to go see a therapist.

Stop starting dumb threads and maybe I won't need the therapist . . . .

Morehead State
12-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Stop starting dumb threads and maybe I won't need the therapist . . . .
I don't think this is a dumb thread at all. The OP may have overstated it but you gotta get folks attention.

The reality is that we have a core of players who are getting older and are losing some of their ability. At what point do we say its time to move on from them?
Another question is at what point do players tune out TC. He seems to be a guy who is fine when a team wins, but when we lose, we lose big and to me that's a product of our HC and his inability to motivate when all seems lost.
I think this is a good topic for conversation after a frustrating end of this season. (assuming everything doesn't break our way this weekend)

TheAnalyst
12-28-2012, 10:47 AM
yeah

great idea

Exactly! Build the damn trenches! Thats how you consistantly win in the NFL. Great Oline and Great Dlines.

EliMVP-NYG
12-28-2012, 01:39 PM
And you told me that you only put sense in your children.

That's hilarious coming from you GWAT. You've got to have some balls on here criticizing people with your hold on the English language.

EliMVP-NYG
12-28-2012, 01:42 PM

He played horribly this year, but if we get rid of him it hurt us for years down the line while we try to find another franchise QB. Quarterbacks impact the team more so than any other player, and since we have such a great one right now we should hold on to him. Obviously we aren't going to get rid of everyone, but no one else is safe and I'm not going to be surprised when we get rid of some of our former top flight players.

bigblue58
12-28-2012, 02:04 PM

yeah, you forgot bringing back Brad Daluiso as the kicker, who at his age probably STILL has a stronger leg than Nancy Tynes

bigblue58
12-28-2012, 02:14 PM
I don't think this is a dumb thread at all. The OP may have overstated it but you gotta get folks attention.

The reality is that we have a core of players who are getting older and are losing some of their ability. At what point do we say its time to move on from them?
Another question is at what point do players tune out TC. He seems to be a guy who is fine when a team wins, but when we lose, we lose big and to me that's a product of our HC and his inability to motivate when all seems lost.
I think this is a good topic for conversation after a frustrating end of this season. (assuming everything doesn't break our way this weekend)
Yeah...... but unfortunately, what does "cleaning house "mean to a franchise that hires one coach after another who nobody ever heard of and who would rather cut off their arms than go after an established big time free agent in areas where we need desperately to get better??
What we need are the big sexy moves that Reese is dead set against making.

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 02:26 PM
yeah, you forgot bringing back Brad Daluiso as the kicker, who at his age probably STILL has a stronger leg than Nancy TynesDon't worry, he has a spot on the team.

STs coach!!!!!!!

Diamondring
12-28-2012, 02:28 PM
That's hilarious coming from you GWAT. You've got to have some balls on here criticizing people with your hold on the English language.Calm down, I was giving the man a compliment of what he said not critisizing him. Now I don't really bash a lot of posters on here and many do me but at the end most of the end up being wrong. And he said he only put sense only to his children after I gave him a compliment of what he said in another thread. What is your old account cause you sure act like you know me.

EliMVP-NYG
12-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Calm down, I was giving the man a compliment of what he said not critisizing him. Now I don't really bash a lot of posters on here and many do me but at the end most of the end up being wrong. And he said he only put sense only to his children after I gave him a compliment of what he said in another thread. What is your old account cause you sure act like you know me.

I am perfectly calm GWAT, I've always trolled these boards never made an account but I've been around a long time.

myles2424
12-28-2012, 02:57 PM
UGH! These threads make me wish the season was over yesterday
Actually threads get more & more ridiculous when the seasons over...

bigblue58
12-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Don't worry, he has a spot on the team.

STs coach!!!!!!!

No I really do mean bringing him back AS the kicker!

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 07:12 PM
No I really do mean bringing him back AS the kicker!Fine, fine. He's kicker, Tynes is coach.

GMENAGAIN
12-29-2012, 10:04 AM

In your world and in the world of some others on here, a loss or a down season is always due to lack of heart, bad coaching, inability of the coaching staff to motivate, etc. No consideration is given to the possibility that the losses are due to age and injuries at key positions that can't be fixed with a pep talk or more blitzes or a new scheme.

Our roster needs to be retooled at some key positions. But a wholesale housecleaning of players a coaches because of a 9-7 or 8-8 season after a SB Championship? That is dumb.

Morehead State
12-29-2012, 02:55 PM
In your world and in the world of some others on here, a loss or a down season is always due to lack of heart, bad coaching, inability of the coaching staff to motivate, etc. No consideration is given to the possibility that the losses are due to age and injuries at key positions that can't be fixed with a pep talk or more blitzes or a new scheme.

Our roster needs to be retooled at some key positions. But a wholesale housecleaning of players a coaches because of a 9-7 or 8-8 season after a SB Championship? That is dumb.

This is simply not true. Our 8-8 season in 2006 was not from a lack of heart. What leads me to believe it about this team is the horrific performances when we needed wins the most. This from a team that has proven that it can compete with anyone. Not just because we are the SB champs, but because we have handed two top teams their worst losses of the season. We've shown we can play. If we were losing hard fought games in Atlanta and Baltimore, I would have no problem. But the disgraceful performances tell a different story.

Now I do think we have some aging players in key positions, but they weren't that much younger a few weeks ago when we crushed GB, or a few months ago when we humiliated SF in their place.

GMENAGAIN
12-29-2012, 04:08 PM
This is simply not true. Our 8-8 season in 2006 was not from a lack of heart. What leads me to believe it about this team is the horrific performances when we needed wins the most. This from a team that has proven that it can compete with anyone. Not just because we are the SB champs, but because we have handed two top teams their worst losses of the season. We've shown we can play. If we were losing hard fought games in Atlanta and Baltimore, I would have no problem. But the disgraceful performances tell a different story.

Now I do think we have some aging players in key positions, but they weren't that much younger a few weeks ago when we crushed GB, or a few months ago when we humiliated SF in their place.

The thing with players who are aging and/or their bodies are breaking down is that they are unable to consistently play at a high level anymore. They might be able to muster up a good game here and there, but not consistently. This is likely the reason why one of our best games of the season (GB) was when the team was well-rested after a bye.

Far too many of you are very quick to question the heart of 2x champions who have proven their heart and have earned the benefit of the doubt.

Buddy333
12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
yeahthats the way you help a QB who has been in the same system for all these years and won 2 SB in it .......you clean house great idea how about get some O and D linemen that are worth a damn and play some footballIf they can get the OL fixed, and stay healthy, their offense will be much better and that will make their defense better as well. By controlling the ball more and scoring TD's in the red zone this could be a playoff team again. Of course they have to address the DL to because as much as he has been a great player for the Giants they can't rely on Tuck anymore.

FlyingTruck
12-29-2012, 04:32 PM
TC can stay. Fewell and Killdrive can leave. If you don't agree then something is wrong with you.

GMENAGAIN
12-29-2012, 07:19 PM
TC can stay. Fewell and Killdrive can leave. If you don't agree then something is wrong with you.

Very open-minded

FlyingTruck
12-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Very open-mindedThe "bend-don't break" defense doesn't work. KG's offense is old and outdated. Eli makes the system look better than it really is. Are they the worst coordinators ever? No, not even close. But we need a more youthful OC, and a more aggressive DC.

Morehead State
12-29-2012, 11:25 PM
The thing with players who are aging and/or their bodies are breaking down is that they are unable to consistently play at a high level anymore. They might be able to muster up a good game here and there, but not consistently. This is likely the reason why one of our best games of the season (GB) was when the team was well-rested after a bye.

Far too many of you are very quick to question the heart of 2x champions who have proven their heart and have earned the benefit of the doubt.
Is it "heart" I'm questioning? I don't know.
I guess what I am questioning is their motivation in the face of an onslaught that we saw early in both of these last games. I see a QB who loses his confidence in the face of a pass rush which causes panic and poor decisions. I see aging players who, once they are behind, don't seem to have the second gear that they need in those circumstances. And I also wonder if that spreads to the younger players once that happens.
We can call it whatever you want, but for whatever the reason, I DO question the ultimate effort given these conditions. And I also question the leadership of our veterans.

EliMVP-NYG
12-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Bump

GMENAGAIN
12-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Bump
That's what we need . . . Bumps of dumb threads . . . .

EliMVP-NYG
12-30-2012, 05:40 PM
That's what we need . . . Bumps of dumb threads . . . .

Then GTFO of the thread you *******