PDA

View Full Version : Look what we've done....

egyptian420
12-27-2012, 02:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBC09-J6H0c

lmao....I love eating popcorn and marveling at these geniuses

gmen0820
12-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Damn, haven't watched ESPN in forever. Honestly, it's probably been 2-3 years.

egyptian420
12-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Damn, haven't watched ESPN in forever. Honestly, it's probably been 2-3 years.You haven't missed much, except maybe a few laughs

YATittle1962
12-27-2012, 09:44 PM
what did any of them say that is not true?

egyptian420
12-27-2012, 10:01 PM
what did any of them say that is not true?the only one who really made sense was chris mannix....Christian Fauria was talking about how our team acted as if they thought this was last year and thought they would automatically turn it on...that's bs, all year long the players and coaches went out of their way to state that this year was this year and not to draw any parallels to last year. If they sucked, that wasn't why.

I also disagree with Brown blaming the Giants' downfall solely on Eli as well. Was he part of the thousand problems? Sure he was. But I wouldn't simply say he was the main reason for the Giants' disappointing season. I'm also not sure if Brown is aware of Eli's conversations with the WRs when they screw up, who really is? Just because he's not going all Cutler on them and publicly blaming them doesn't mean he isn't communicating with them on the sidelines.

Mannix was the only one who made sense when he said our D line wasn't getting sacks and we didn't come out motivated.

rainierjef
12-28-2012, 01:08 AM
Everything they said was pretty much spot on. even the late into the season wear and tear of winning the super bowl; even though its a minor excuse.

rainierjef
12-28-2012, 01:11 AM
that's bs, all year long the players and coaches went out of their way to state that this year was this year and not to draw any parallels to last year. If they sucked, that wasn't why.

Build the bridge on the run from last year... get it? Build the bridge
they might of went out of their way to say that.. but did they show that on the field?

BuffyBlueII
12-28-2012, 03:12 AM
I don’t know why someone would have a problem with this video because what they talked about was right.

Yes the coaches are wrong. Yes the players are wrong in numerous areas. Yes the coordinators suck. Yes this was a dissapointing reason. This may not make sense to some but although I don’t think he was the biggest problem at all, Eli Manning does shoulder the brunt of the blame. He is our leader. He is the one that needs to keep this team together when there are issues.

Rat_bastich
12-28-2012, 04:37 AM
they might of went out of their way to say that.. but did they show that on the field?

Agree. Sometimes players have a nice mantra going about this is a new year, forget last year. That is what they tell everyone that asks, but most likely in their minds they thought it was going to happen as it did before. I think that is why most Super Bowl teams fail miserably the year after they win one.

SweetZombieJesus
12-28-2012, 05:49 AM
Christian Fauria was talking about how our team acted as if they thought this was last year and thought they would automatically turn it on...that's bs, all year long the players and coaches went out of their way to state that this year was this year and not to draw any parallels to last year. If they sucked, that wasn't why.

There's a difference between what they say and what they do.

Mercury
12-28-2012, 10:37 AM
If there was any team that should not be complacent after winning a SB, it was this team. They were 9-7 last year, and had a lot of room for improvement. They all knew it was going to be harder this year too. We all know that the SB champ is the measuring stick for all the teams they play that year. SB champs get everyone's best game, and it is a lot of wear and tear trying to do it again. That's why you have to win the games that you should win, because there is little wiggle room.

egyptian420
12-28-2012, 11:26 AM
There's a difference between what they say and what they do.So basically regardless of JPP being pissed at reporters bringing up last year and telling no one to mention that "crap" anymore....I'm supposed to think ESPN knows exactly what's going on deep down in his psyche

And I'm also supposed to think that Coughlin wasn't disciplined enough, he just let them do whatever they wanted and expected things to magically get better? I'm sorry but I refuse to believe that's how Coughlin operates and that's my opinion. None of us can say with certainty what happened inside the organization but I find it hard to believe these ESPN idiots (with exception to that guy in the black suit, Chris Mannix or w.e). Especially when they basically blame Eli and Coughlin for everything every single season...nothing ever changes. A bad season doesn't make them right.

egyptian420
12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
If I was to put up this video saying they're 100% right, and threw Coughlin and Eli under the bus there would be 100+ people in here laughing at me for even watching this show, maybe some of the same people on here saying they're right, actually I'm almost certain of it...

TheAnalyst
12-28-2012, 11:39 AM

A Bridge to Far?
Coughlin's Bridge is Burning Down?

egyptian420
12-28-2012, 11:46 AM
I saw nothing wrong with that phrase (apart from being a bit cheesy), they know they won, no need to try to act like we didn't, it happened with most of the same guys. He just wanted them to to understand what they're capable of when they play like they want it, he wanted them to bring the same intensity this year.

If they managed to bring it vs the 49ers and Packers but didn't show up against the Bengals, Falcons, and Ravens that's not to blame on us thinking this was 2011.

What about the last few games of '09 which had the same piss poor effort that we're seeing now? I guess they were thinking they would win it all like 08....oh wait...