PDA

View Full Version : Are people being too optimistic?

Moke
12-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Lots of discussions on us making the playoffs.... and I like that and all, but is anyone feeling down and wanting to talk about other things?

I know I do. I feel like I'm not excited for this weekend's game because too many scenarios need to happen for us to make the playoffs.

I'm really worried guys :(

I need a thunder buddy.

JJC7301
12-27-2012, 03:24 PM
The Giants are not making the playoffs. Keep any expectations at nil so you won't be disappointed. If they get into the playoffs, then great.

GameTime
12-27-2012, 03:24 PM
I say no way they make the playoffs.
The Bears will win. The team I have the most doubt in is actually the Giants...

Moke
12-27-2012, 03:25 PM
The Giants are not making the playoffs. Keep any expectations at nil so you won't be disappointed. If they get into the playoffs, then great.

My expectations are nil, for sure. That's why I might not even watch the game to full extent.

I say no way they make the playoffs.
The Bears will win. The team I have the most doubt in is actually the Giants...

The team I have the least faith in is the Lions. The Lions aren't going to beat the Bears....

Mercury
12-27-2012, 03:25 PM
If they play like they did for the past two weeks, there is no way they will beat the Eagles.

JJC7301
12-27-2012, 03:29 PM
My expectations are nil, for sure. That's why I might not even watch the game to full extent.

The team I have the least faith in is the Lions. The Lions aren't going to beat the Bears....
I have the least amount of faith in the Giants.

Moke
12-27-2012, 03:30 PM
I have the least amount of faith in the Giants.

Do you think I should even watch? I mean, I have other things to do... like hanging out with Kim Kardashian

GameTime
12-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Do you think I should even watch? I mean, I have other things to do... like hanging out with Kim Kardashian

sounds like a better deal.....does she know you are hanging out with her....lol

Moke
12-27-2012, 03:34 PM
sounds like a better deal.....does she know you are hanging out with her....lol

By hanging out, it means 'stalking'

FOREVER ALONE:/

Rudyy
12-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Do you think I should even watch? I mean, I have other things to do... like hanging out with Kim KardashianDon't think Kanye would allow that.

Moke
12-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Don't think Kanye would allow that.

I'm going to interrupt him by coming with my CLIQUE CLIQUE, NO BODY MESSING WITH MY CLIQUE.

Rudyy
12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
I'm going to interrupt him by coming with my CLIQUE CLIQUE, NO BODY MESSING WITH MY CLIQUE.Stop embarrassing me:)

flashnando
12-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Lots of discussions on us making the playoffs.... and I like that and all, but is anyone feeling down and wanting to talk about other things?

I know I do. I feel like I'm not excited for this weekend's game because too many scenarios need to happen for us to make the playoffs.

I need a thunder buddy.

The way i see is like this......I'm a huge Giants fan and love this team. Is it a mess right now? Yes, a huge mess. Do we deserve to make the playoffs? no...not really because the Giants have played so bad. But even with all that said I still have hope that the Giants win this weekend and go on to defend their title. I don't get all these negative threads about the season being over because only teams like the Raiders and KC can say things like that. We are still very alive pending other team outcomes, but in my eyes i will be watching with excitement on Sunday and hope everything pans out our way and if doesn't then hey, bring on the offseason and the draft.

Moke
12-27-2012, 03:46 PM
The way i see is like this......I'm a huge Giants fan and love this team. Is it a mess right now? Yes, a huge mess. Do we deserve to make the playoffs? no...not really because the Giants have played so bad. But even with all that said I still have hope that the Giants win this weekend and go on to defend their title. I don't get all these negative threads about the season being over because only teams like the Raiders and KC can say things like that. We are still very alive pending other team outcomes, but in my eyes i will be watching with excitement on Sunday and hope everything pans out our way and if doesn't then hey, bring on the offseason and the draft.

That doesn't sound more fun than hanging out with Kim Kardashian

JJC7301
12-27-2012, 03:48 PM
DVR the game and only watch if they win.

And hang out with Kourtney Kardashian...she's cuter.

Moke
12-27-2012, 03:49 PM
DVR the game and only watch if they win.

And hang out with Kourtney Kardashian...she's cuter.

You're actually right. I love Kourney

Hooligans
12-27-2012, 04:26 PM

I need a thunder buddy.

The only thing you need to worry about is the Giant's draft position, because 99% of this message board has already accepted the fact that the Giants aren't in the playoffs.....haven't you? If not, you better get ready to face reality very soon of no Giants in the playoffs.

byron
12-27-2012, 04:35 PM
I always watch unless I have family stuff or work that has to be done ....Otherwise I'll be watching and hoping like I always do that they win ....

hoping for the best and prepared for the worst

GMENAGAIN
12-27-2012, 04:39 PM
I have seen no semblance of optimism on the boards since the loss to the Ravens

Moke
12-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I have seen no semblance of optimism on the boards since the loss to the Ravens

People are trying to bring up these scenarios and trying to convince each other that it might work out. I have ignored them simply because they won't matter.

NYGfanNC
12-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Don't think Kanye would allow that.

Or Ray J, Reggie Bush, Kris Humphries, Ronaldo, or Miles Austin, this list could go on forever.

jomo
12-27-2012, 05:16 PM
People are trying to bring up these scenarios and trying to convince each other that it might work out. I have ignored them simply because they won't matter.I agree with GMENAGAIN, I haven't seen much if any of the unrealistic optomism of which you speak.

RoanokeFan
12-27-2012, 05:18 PM
I agree with GMENAGAIN, I haven't seen much if any of the unrealistic optomism of which you speak.

Even hope and pride have become profane utterances lol

thegiantsrule10
12-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Why did the Kardashians come into all of this?

Moke
12-27-2012, 05:32 PM
I agree with GMENAGAIN, I haven't seen much if any of the unrealistic optomism of which you speak.

Um, it doesn't have to be on the GMB? We have what, a population of a 100 active members maybe?

GameTime
12-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Coward ignores me and then decides to say something that never came out of my mouth.
why so down on Ro Bro.....
he's one of the good guys.....

Moke
12-27-2012, 05:39 PM
why so down on Ro Bro.....
he's one of the good guys.....

Because he ignores me for no reason? He got mad or something at what I said, no idea.. when in all honesty... I could share my infinite wisdom of football with him.

Smith&Nicks
12-27-2012, 05:42 PM
That doesn't sound more fun than hanging out with Kim Kardashian

Just by mentioning her name you just gave yourself the Herps

GameTime
12-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Because he ignores me for no reason? He got mad or something at what I said, no idea.. when in all honesty... I could share my infinite wisdom of football with him.
OK....so why call him a coward??? So ignores you.....then why respond or go back at him???

Moke
12-27-2012, 05:43 PM
OK....so why call him a coward??? So ignores you.....then why respond or go back at him???

Because why ignore someone like that? If you'd like a conversation on what happened, message him and ask.

And then he actually makes a sarcastic comment like that

GameTime
12-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Because why ignore someone like that? If you'd like a conversation on what happened, message him and ask.

And then he actually makes a sarcastic comment like that

His response was to another post though....not yours. Or maybe I missed something....

Moke
12-27-2012, 05:46 PM
His response was to another post though....not yours. Or maybe I missed something....

When people call other pessimists annoying, oh it's so frustrating.

GameTime
12-27-2012, 05:48 PM
When people call other pessimists annoying, oh it's so frustrating.
gotcha......
well....thats between you and him and I guess none of my business.....

jomo
12-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Just by mentioning her name you just gave yourself the Herpslol, now we all need to shower.

byron
12-27-2012, 07:20 PM

I need a thunder buddy. Just think how awesome it would be if they were to make in go on a run likes of never been seen before...defeating the Pats on the final drive with a pass to a hobbling Nicks on a fade !! now sure its gonna suck if none of that happens but what if man ! It could happen and it all starts with the Eagles... And I hate the ****ing Eagles ! So yeah I want to see our boys step it up this week and kick they ever loving asses !!

RoanokeFan
12-27-2012, 07:22 PM
lol, now we all need to shower.

Sand blast

myles2424
12-27-2012, 07:41 PM
By hanging out, it means 'stalking'

FOREVER ALONE:/
I dont stalk broads, but id make exceptions for kim ..