PDA

View Full Version : 4-5 pieces and they're back in super bowl

JaxMan
12-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Think about it, a hungry starting defensive end opposite jpp , a nickel cornerback, Center, right tackle, and the injured guys get back healthy, the giants will again be a force, the coaching has gotten this team To the championship,and can do it again with willing players, yes this season is over.Think of this next game as the last game in old stadium, they will stink it up like that season. (this is my version of a silver lining)

Buddy333
12-27-2012, 05:15 PM
How about 4 of those pieces be OL's and the other a DE.

BigBlue1971
12-27-2012, 05:22 PM
we definitely need someone to replace Osi and Tuck and maybe a couple of o-linemen to be a factor.

Hooligans
12-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Think about it, a hungry starting defensive end opposite jpp , a nickel cornerback, Center, right tackle, and the injured guys get back healthy, the giants will again be a force, the coaching has gotten this team To the championship,and can do it again with willing players, yes this season is over.Think of this next game as the last game in old stadium, they will stink it up like that season. (this is my version of a silver lining)

Put down the bong.....a team that gets slaughtered the way the Giants have recently and lsoing 5 of their last 7, needs a lot more than 4 or 5 "pieces".

jomo
12-27-2012, 05:43 PM
we definitely need someone to replace Osi and Tuck and maybe a couple of o-linemen to be a factor.Yes, most teams turn over at least 25% of the squad from year to year. We may have to puch it to 30% but as long as we replace Tuck and Osi and 2 OL plus adding depth there we will be fine...............It wouldn't hurt to find a stud linebacker while we are at it.

TheBookOfEli
12-27-2012, 06:24 PM
We could probably use new Coordinators too.

slipknottin
12-27-2012, 06:29 PM
they have a nickel corner, they need another outside corner to replace Webster. Center I think they are ok at, and hopefully Locklear will be back at RT.

Bigger issue is they need to resign so many other guys.

I Hate T.O.
12-27-2012, 07:10 PM
coordinators and LBers too

TheEnigma
12-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Let's see...

Another pass rusher opposite of JPP, maybe even two
More depth at the DT position since we had issues there in the beginning of the year. Austin isn't looking like he will pan out.
Another outside corner to pair with Prince. Hosley should stick to the slot
A MLB with better speed and agility to get to the sidelines fast and one who can shed blocks better
Young depth all across the Oline. We'll be screwed if we can't resign Beatty since he's the only decent guy on the line.
Depending on health, maybe even another RB? Can't really say Andre Brown is reliable in that regard and Bradshaw is always dinged up.
A new franchise QB...just kidding.

drewz
12-27-2012, 07:48 PM
1) A true shutdown #1 corner opposite Prine
2) A guard that can maul, and be groomed for center duties in the future
3) Pass rusher opposite JPP
4) Overhaul at LB, need a stud MLB

JaxMan
12-27-2012, 07:55 PM
they have a nickel corner, they need another outside corner to replace Webster. Center I think they are ok at, and hopefully Locklear will be back at RT.

Bigger issue is they need to resign so many other guys.
Hosely I'm hoping develops into a 2nd although he is physically lacking, I'm not a fan of baas he's barely average if you make an argument for him, signing Philips is key, my suggestions were more towards draft,rather than big time free agent signing, given the cap space shortage.

JaxMan
12-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Let's see...

Another pass rusher opposite of JPP, maybe even two
More depth at the DT position since we had issues there in the beginning of the year. Austin isn't looking like he will pan out.
Another outside corner to pair with Prince. Hosley should stick to the slot
A MLB with better speed and agility to get to the sidelines fast and one who can shed blocks better
Young depth all across the Oline. We'll be screwed if we can't resign Beatty since he's the only decent guy on the line.
Depending on health, maybe even another RB? Can't really say Andre Brown is reliable in that regard and Bradshaw is always dinged up.
A new franchise QB...just kidding. besides MLB all that I asked for, Reese is good t finding depth so that to worried about,nstarters were what I aimed to brng up, that require changing, but I hear you.

mosesmalone
12-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Tuck needs to sail away into the sunset, Osi should be gone, put Tracy and Ojomo in there, Phillips should be a bargain, if he won't sign for the minimum don't bother, Hosley and Jaquan Williams should get a more active role, get rid of Webster, get rid of Bradshaw, andre brown/Wilson platton, get rid of Deihl, draft an o'linemen and a MLB, blackburn is not an every down player, neither is Herzlich or Rivers

JaxMan
12-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Tuck needs to sail away into the sunset, Osi should be gone, put Tracy and Ojomo in there, Phillips should be a bargain, if he won't sign for the minimum don't bother, Hosley and Jaquan Williams should get a more active role, get rid of Webster, get rid of Bradshaw, andre brown/Wilson platton, get rid of Deihl, draft an o'linemen and a MLB, blackburn is not an every down player, neither is Herzlich or Rivers
Philips a bargain? Dude the guy is a coverage designers dream heady speedy guy, Bradshaw will be phased out but e's still got something left to offer I think, webby needs a paycut, diehl as well if he's above 2mill, rivers is a serviceable backup, MLB is a need , but not a necessity in my eyes.Agree on tuck, hate to see osi go but yeah he's gone.

Parademon
12-27-2012, 08:27 PM
How bout going after Steven Jackson or the Jags RB? We haven't had a reliable yr in, yr out 1000+yd rusher since Tiki retired in 06!

mosesmalone
12-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Philips a bargain? Dude the guy is a coverage designers dream heady speedy guy, Bradshaw will be phased out but e's still got something left to offer I think, webby needs a paycut, diehl as well if he's above 2mill, rivers is a serviceable backup, MLB is a need , but not a necessity in my eyes.Agree on tuck, hate to see osi go but yeah he's gone.

phillips is done, his knees are shredded, anything more than the minimum is a waste of money

ANON837
12-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Gotta love the unbridled optimism. This team needs more than 4 to 5 pieces. The offense is out of synch, undisciplined, and led by an unwavering coordinator. The D is soft up the middle with very little pass rush in the second half of the season. This team needs a lot of help. Start in the trenches on both sides and get new coordinators.

EliMVP-NYG
12-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Dump Philips, Diehl, Terrel Thomas, Webster, KP, Osi, Tuck

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-27-2012, 08:49 PM

Love the enthusiasm, I don't think your are far off Jax. I really like our safety combo of Rolle and Stevie Johnson, but the rest of the defensive back field is either to young or to old to really compete. Prince doesn't scare anyone and Webster (god bless his soul) is a nickle at this point.

As for our Defensive line, I like DE Jadeveon Clowney out of South Carolina and DE Jackson Jeffcoat out of Texas. Star Lotulelei at defensive tackle would be a nice addition as well.

As for the offensive line, this needs to be taken back to formula. Booth is ok and Snee is still good (not great, at least this season) and the rest need to go. The Giants can't keep asking Pat Flaherty to work miracles and just cause Eli doesn't complain doesn't give the Giants permission to take advantage of him.

Bigbluereckingcrew
12-27-2012, 10:10 PM

Bump

laylow28
12-27-2012, 10:46 PM
Hosely I'm hoping develops into a 2nd although he is physically lacking, I'm not a fan of baas he's barely average if you make an argument for him, signing Philips is key, my suggestions were more towards draft,rather than big time free agent signing, given the cap space shortage. I think NYG let's KP walk.

giantsfan420
12-28-2012, 03:24 AM
An ol like the one ne fields would do a lot to cover the weaknesses elsewhere. We prob wont have the cap to address every issue so the fo will have to decide which is most important and then list chronologically. To me, in ordwr of importance;
ol, we get an ol that can help eli hold it a tenth of a second longer will reduce a lot of the issues imo. The low sack number i think is easily misinterpreted. Its almost a bad thing imo bc eli is getting rid of it too early on many plays imo. If he can get one more wcan of the d befor throwin, itd dramatically help. Plus, having a run game again will force defenses out of their two deep shell w/o worrying about the run.
dl, bc we know from last yr how a pass rush improves the secondary almost by proxy. Meaning the dbs arent suddenly better, the dl is just putting them in better positions to succeed.

Now by ol, i mean G, bc snee and boothe have been pretty terrible way too often. Get a quality G then use the guy he replaced as depth. Booth as a starter is avg, but as depth, hes excellent choice. Then of course rt. Lockler will have a tough road to comeback esp at his age and yrs hes logged already. Dd aint the answer either. Lockler as a starter is avg to above avg, but asa depth guy, hed be excellent.

Dl, i mean one de and one dt. Tuck/osi r done. Kiwi becomes the situational third down de role, need a freak opposite jpp starting. I havent given up on austin but at this point we need to have a viable fall back option. Bernards u there in age and cantys gettting there. And for how much i respect canty and have backed him when only a few of us realized his importance, he does cost a ton.

I dont know if we can afford anything else. A corner would be huge but we got a lot of young guys. Prince/hosely r the starters, will hill can play nickel or rolle can

gumby74
12-28-2012, 08:21 AM
What we need:

A few corner stone OLinemen that can keep Eli up right.
A few good Dlinemen.
Eli to play like Eli.

Then we'll make the playoffs and can make some noise. But Eli needs to play well regardless.

Ruttiger711
12-28-2012, 09:24 AM
What we need:

A few corner stone OLinemen that can keep Eli up right.
A few good Dlinemen.
Eli to play like Eli.

Then we'll make the playoffs and can make some noise. But Eli needs to play well regardless.

+1

Not only to keep Eli upright, but if we can run block like 2008, running backs can be inserted at will with success.

blu_buddha
12-28-2012, 09:34 AM
How about a new O-line coach . Preferably someone from either the Broncos, Redskins or Texans.

Black
12-28-2012, 10:07 AM
We need Tony Robbins to be Eli's personal life coach and get his confidence back. He is affecting the entire team
imo.

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 10:24 AM

Bigger issue is they need to resign so many other guys. They need to resign all the young guys they need to build around.The older guys making the big money need to be purged. I think the Giants should consider swallowing the pill for 2013 and cut them all.They will be better off. If they keep pushing money around they will find themselves in deep trouble

gumby74
12-28-2012, 10:34 AM
They need to resign all the young guys they need to build around.The older guys making the big money need to be purged. I think the Giants should consider swallowing the pill for 2013 and cut them all.They will be better off. If they keep pushing money around they will find themselves in deep trouble

I agree. We have issues and it's going to take more than a year to fix.

Although the easiest solution is to fix what's plaguing Eli. If Eli played a little better, we're in the playoffs. And the only reason why I'm picking on Eli because he's one man and the QB - the single most important player position in football. Fixing one man is cheaper and faster than fixing an entire defense.