PDA

View Full Version : The New York Giants Members Only

ChuckKnoxx
12-27-2012, 11:07 PM
2 weeks of depression, might as well have fun with it. After a laughable performance, comes a laughable Sopranos style, quick look back at the week that lead up to the Giants season being whacked. Sopranos fans should get it.

Anyway, after 2 weeks with no highlights. Can't wait for the GMEN to end the season on a high note, by coming after Mike Vick like a bunch of crazed dogs.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O_Uev_XCG6s

miked1958
12-27-2012, 11:12 PM
They certainly haven't given us much to cheer about last two weeks have they

laylow28
12-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Sopranos?..ahh,no wonder I didn't get it.

ChuckKnoxx
12-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Yeah, Sopranos. Members Only is the name of the finale of the Sopranos - Which ended abruptly, unceremoniously and to this song. That's about as brief and much a summary for non fans of the show I can get.

DandyDon
12-28-2012, 12:23 AM
"Members Only" was a guido jacket/look back in the day, hence the final episode name.

You had to be there...

JJC7301
12-28-2012, 01:06 AM
2 weeks of depression, might as well have fun with it. After a laughable performance, comes a laughable Sopranos style, quick look back at the week that lead up to the Giants season being whacked. Sopranos fans should get it.

Anyway, after 2 weeks with no highlights. Can't wait for the GMEN to end the season on a high note, by coming after Mike Vick like a bunch of crazed dogs.....

I have no faith that they'll be going after Vick like a bunch of mad dogs. Which could be good because whenever I expect them to do nothing is when they win.

BuffyBlueII
12-28-2012, 02:53 AM
Yeah, Sopranos. Members Only is the name of the finale of the Sopranos - Which ended abruptly, unceremoniously and to this song. That's about as brief and much a summary for non fans of the show I can get.

Members Only jacket being the guy that does the deed but Sopranos final episode is called “Made in America."

This is an interesting link that analyzes the last episode as well as all the symbolism and hints that David Chase used throughout the series that alluded to what would be the end.
http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

ChuckKnoxx
12-28-2012, 02:59 AM
Members Only jacket being the guy that does the deed but Sopranos final episode is called “Made in America."

This is an interesting link that analyzes the last episode as well as all the symbolism and hints that David Chase used throughout the series that alluded to what would be the end.
http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

You guys went way extra on the explanation than I did. My bad. Most Sopranos fans know instantly the name Members Only. I still think Mr. Members Only clipped him.

gmen46
12-28-2012, 03:11 AM

Regardless of how this season has panned out the last 2 weeks, up until the Falcons debacle there were some good Giants games and 3-4 great games this season. Thanks for sharing your video editing talent and Giants enthusiasm on this board. It's been fun viewing and inspiring to us fans. Hopefully the gmen will inspire you with this Sunday's performance vs Eagles to make at least 1 more this year.

BuffyBlueII
12-28-2012, 03:14 AM
You guys went way extra on the explanation than I did. My bad. Most Sopranos fans know instantly the name Members Only. I still think Mr. Members Only clipped him.

Members Only clipped him. The way David Chase had Meadow take 3 times to get the car parked right and all the allusion to 3’ oclock throughout the series was very telling.

Tony explaining to Bobby earlier in Season 6 that you never see it coming was a big hint too. Great show.

BuffyBlueII
12-28-2012, 03:15 AM
I have no faith that they'll be going after Vick like a bunch of mad dogs. Which could be good because whenever I expect them to do nothing is when they win.

They go after Mike Vick like a bunch of wild dogs, they may get tortured and executed. Maybe wolves or something would be better.

Mike Vick will be Eli Mannings back up next season.

BuffyBlueII
12-28-2012, 03:21 AM

I am pretty sure it was Butchie that ordered the hit because after Tony curb stomped Coco in front of him, he stuck a gun in Buthie’s face and as the new boss after Phil was removed, Butchie couldn’t let it slide.

I like the symbolism of using a guy in a Members Only jacket considering that Tony was basically the one responsible for Eugene killing himself and Eugene did in fact wear a Members Only jacket before that. I kind of think that was a hint too when David Chase did that.

SweetZombieJesus
12-28-2012, 06:49 AM
The problem with the Sopranos analogy is the Giants didn't get whacked they committed suicide.