PDA

View Full Version : Should the Giants Draft Offense or Defense in the First Round of the 2013 Draft

wgsgiants
12-27-2012, 11:37 PM
Should the Giants Draft Offense or Defense in the First Round of the 2013 Draft? I say draft defense because our defense has been horrible. However some of the Offensive tackles look very attractive in the first round. I think we need a quality cornerback and another quality pass rusher. I like the cornerback David Amerson from NC State and in the second round the Defensive End Alex Okafor.

drewz
12-27-2012, 11:51 PM
David Amerson eh.. half our draft comes from NC state so that wouldn't be too far of a reach

BlueBlooded1979
12-27-2012, 11:53 PM
OL or DL depending on grade. If everything is even I say go DL and bring back the pass rush.

laylow28
12-27-2012, 11:55 PM
Im guessing pass rusher or CB.

big blue dog
12-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Oline preferably tackle round 2 corner good corner play will help the pass rush.We cant afford anymore 5 and 6 round oline projects see what flarety can do with some real talent. maybe make some cuts and go after jake long we need quality to give eli time cause when hes got protection hes one of the best in the game.

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 12:04 AM
David Amerson plays 10 yards off, gets torched and causes turnovers fits right in

Ny_STAT1989
12-28-2012, 12:09 AM
I would like us to daft Kevin Minter in the 1st, D.J. Fluker in the 2nd, and Jordan Hill in the 3rd.

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Im guessing pass rusher or CB.

Why would we draft a CB early when Prince and Hosley look promising? Much more glaring need at DE, RT, and LB.

Cloud57
12-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Why would we draft a CB early when Prince and Hosley look promising? Much more glaring need at DE, RT, and LB.Hosley doesn't look promising, at least not right now.

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Hosley doesn't look promising, at least not right now.

I guess you didn't watch the Ravens game. He played 75 snaps at RCB after Prince got hurt. And Flacco picked on Webster instead of Hosley.

fizzlesticks
12-28-2012, 12:45 AM
I guess you didn't watch the Ravens game. He played 75 snaps at RCB after Prince got hurt. And Flacco picked on Webster instead of Hosley.
Just because Webster is worse doesn't mean Hosley is good.

craigjr007
12-28-2012, 12:45 AM
its absolutely a tie between corner or olineman

Cloud57
12-28-2012, 12:47 AM
I guess you didn't watch the Ravens game. He played 75 snaps at RCB after Prince got hurt. And Flacco picked on Webster instead of Hosley.well Flacco was having a lot of success picking on Webster so he didn't have to change that when Prince got hurt, I didn't see anything special from Hosley this year other than he picked off Mark Sanchez in preseason and ran in for a TD.

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Just because Webster is worse doesn't mean Hosley is good.

Hosley is a rookie. How many rookie CB's come in the league and make the pro bowl? Not very many. He wasn't very good playing in the slot, but at CB he has made some plays. I'll puke if the Giants select a CB in the first round when DE and LB are a much higher need to get better and younger at.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Hosley is a rookie. How many rookie CB's come in the league and make the pro bowl? Not very many. He wasn't very good playing in the slot, but at CB he has made some plays. I'll puke if the Giants select a CB in the first round when DE and LB are a much higher need to get better and younger at.

brandon bing is back,,,what ever that means.

fizzlesticks
12-28-2012, 12:57 AM
He wasn't very good playing in the slot, but at CB he has made some plays.
The only plays I saw him making throughout the season was getting destroyed on double moves and just blowing coverages. CWeb better be gone after this season leaving us with Prince, Hosley and some guys that wouldn't make most practice squads. Both Prince and Hosley have injury problems, making CB a pretty huge concern.

TheBookOfEli
12-28-2012, 12:57 AM
Pass rusher or Oline in round one. The game is won in the trenches and right now both lines on our team suck.

JJC7301
12-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Should the Giants Draft Offense or Defense in the First Round of the 2013 Draft? I say draft defense because our defense has been horrible. However some of the Offensive tackles look very attractive in the first round. I think we need a quality cornerback and another quality pass rusher. I like the cornerback David Amerson from NC State and in the second round the Defensive End Alex Okafor.
Best player available. Which I'm hoping will be that JPP-type DE from BYU.

Ny_STAT1989
12-28-2012, 01:12 AM
I think the Giants should go after CB like Sean Smith in FA and not waste high picks on them in the Daft. They could daft someone like Desmond Trufant in the 4th. Our first three picks should be on OL/DL/LB.

laylow28
12-28-2012, 01:19 AM
Why would we draft a CB early when Prince and Hosley look promising? Much more glaring need at DE, RT, and LB. Cause a good cover CB is a need,and they are pretty thin at that position. Prince is good,but often hurt,T2 is likely gone,Webster seems to be on his last leg and has 1 year left. Hosley as a rookie looked good and bad at times,so its hard to say what we got going forward with him.

laylow28
12-28-2012, 01:26 AM
The only plays I saw him making throughout the season was getting destroyed on double moves and just blowing coverages. CWeb better be gone after this season leaving us with Prince, Hosley and some guys that wouldn't make most practice squads. Both Prince and Hosley have injury problems, making CB a pretty huge concern. The cap-hit cutting Webster is a lot. Also like you said our CB depth is weak,so I think that those reasons alone by Webster another year.

GoDeep80
12-28-2012, 01:26 AM
1st- Sam Montgomery DE
2nd- Jake Matthews OG
3rd- Desmond Trufant CB

myles2424
12-28-2012, 06:51 AM
I think the Giants should go after CB like Sean Smith in FA and not waste high picks on them in the Daft. They could daft someone like Desmond Trufant in the 4th. Our first three picks should be on OL/DL/LB.
Truant In the 4th? Not happening

ryan12
12-28-2012, 10:27 AM
we need a ton of help we need alot of guys to restructure expect big names to be released and this draft needs to be a homerun

ANON837
12-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Work the trenches. The interior of the OL is abysmal and the DL has no depth and is regressing. Start there. The QB and skill positions are set. The LB and secondary can be upgraded but a decent pass rush and run defense would take pressure off of them.

VBGiantsFan
12-28-2012, 11:04 AM
OFFENSIVE LINE!!!! THat should be our entire draft this year.

I hope we never use a round 1-4 pick on a running back ever again.

GOBLUE24
12-28-2012, 11:27 AM

Agree with this. I had Ogeltree /fluker/ hill. I don't think trufant there in 3rd. Like his game but malone from Kansas st should be. Big fan of him too

GOBLUE24
12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Drafttek had good first two picks would be happy with in dj Fluker and Sheldon Richardson. Not a fan of round 3 or 4.

RoanokeFan
12-28-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't care who, but it needs to be O-Line near the top of the draft

egyptian420
12-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Best offensive or defensive lineman available or a STUD LB if he slips.

Buddy333
12-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Their first priority should be fixing the OL. Listening to Sirius this morning they where saying how teams can build a decent OL though FA without over paying. If they did that then they should go BPA because they have many needs but it would be ideal to get a DE first.

BigBlue1971
12-28-2012, 11:51 AM
imo we need to go d-end (pass rusher) 1st. with Osi and Tuck both on the downside of their careers i wouldnt be surprised to see 2 d-ends drafted!

Tracy and Ojomo are both unproven at this point but i believe could be studs once their playing time increases.

i think o-line is a 2nd priority at this point. Eli needs to be upright at all times but this season that production has fallen off.

it is very possible we could see 5 or 6 o-line/d-line trenchers drafted or brought in during the off season.

Toadofsteel
12-28-2012, 11:53 AM
O-line, O-line, and more O-line...