PDA

View Full Version : The D line

RichGiants81
12-28-2012, 12:30 AM
Is the biggest reason why the collapse has happened. It's not web steers fault or the rest of the secondary. We have star defensive ends with five or six sacks a piece on the season. I don't know why they aren't getting the job done but the whole D is predicated on getting a strong rush. If tuck, osi and JPP had played up to their talent level this year. The guys in the secondary would have twoce as many picks and the whole unit would be one of the best in the league. Offensively, nicks at half Stengel along with the line giving Eli no protection and not consistently making lanes for the running backs has led to the problems we are seeing. The o line needs revamping. The D line just needs to step up and play up to their talent level. We could use a quality lb or two but there's plenty of talent on both sides of the ball. Besides, we are only two missed field goals away from not even having these conversations

RichGiants81
12-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Strength*

Rat_bastich
12-28-2012, 01:46 AM
One of the things I heard on ESPN today, and I cannot remember who said it, is that the Giants defense relies on the defensive line and the offense relies on Eli. The obvious right? Well, both have been bad throughout the collapse. Yeah, the defensive backfield has given up alot of plays, but that is also because the Giants defense is predicated on the line getting to the quarterback and forcing bad throws which has not happened.

I think the collapse can be attributed to many factors which include but are not limited to the d-line and Eli. There have been breakdowns everywhere. The only somewhat consistent facet has been special teams.