PDA

View Full Version : Honest question, when was the last time we had a played fined for an illegal hit??

shockeyisjesus
12-28-2012, 06:37 AM
I'm not necessarily saying I support us committing penalties, I'm not saying I am in favor of us playing dirty, but at the same time, if you have a reputation of being soft around the league, wouldn't you do just about everything in your power to try and change that rep?

We have no one even "toting the line" between fair and foul play. We have a bunch of guys playing soft, afraid to hit, afraid to get a fine and afraid to make a statement to WR's going across the middle.

So seriously, when was the last time a Giants player even delivered a cheap shot worthy of a fine? Have we even had one in the second half of the season?

Kind of sums up the entire, gutless second half if you ask me.

If I was a Giants player, I'd make it my MISSION to try and lay some wood on Maclin or Jackson, regardless of the penalty or fine, to show that we mean business, even if it is probably too late in the season for it to have any real effect.

Just one man's opinion.

slipknottin
12-28-2012, 07:23 AM
KP earlier this season against Vincent Jackson. But the fine got dropped after KP challenged it

ibbill
12-28-2012, 07:49 AM
NYG ATLANTA fines
NEW YORK (AP)—Strong safety Chris Hope of the Atlanta Falcons has been fined $30,000 for his helmet-to-helmet hit on New York Giants receiver Victor Cruz

Hope was penalized for unnecessary roughness on the third-quarter play during Atlanta’s 34-0 win on Sunday.

Falcons wide receiver Roddy White and Giants cornerback Corey Webster were fined $7,875 apiece for a skirmish during the game. White grabbed Webster’s facemask; Webster struck White in the face.

NOTE A total of $129,000 in fines have been issued to players who have illegally hit Luck. poor baby lol another brady no touching.

TOTAL player fines for the year =$1,985,725.00

BlueJayC
12-28-2012, 08:52 AM
KP earlier this season against Vincent Jackson. But the fine got dropped after KP challenged it

That play changed that game and lit a fire under the Giants *****.....exactly what they've been missing since......I get the OP's point and would like to see the Giants lay the wood and deal with fines later.

TheAnalyst
12-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Im pretty sure Rolle got fined earlier this year. And Osi got fined for being 4 minutes early to a practice.