PDA

View Full Version : JPP at MLB

Moke
12-28-2012, 11:00 AM
WAIT, WAIT, hear me the hell out... I am not proposing this....

I was talking to a fellow Giants fan and he says

Giants suck and Fewell already claims he has no idea what the heck is wrong with the defense. So why not try out JPP at MLB where we are clearly lacking a great player, and see how he can play. JPP is athletic, and very talented, so maybe he can come up strong as a MLB and stopping the A-gap. Leave the DE position to the Osi and Tuck and see how they can muster.

Thoughts? Wouldn't be such a TERRIBLE idea being that JPP really is an athletic individual, but I'm mostly worried about the Osi and Tuck at the DE spots.

VBGiantsFan
12-28-2012, 11:03 AM
In that case, lets get David Carr on the field and put Eli as the 2nd TE. He is big enough and maybe that will help our running game to have an extra blocker.

Moke
12-28-2012, 11:04 AM
In that case, lets get David Carr on the field and put Eli as the 2nd TE. He is big enough and maybe that will help our running game to have an extra blocker.

Eh, at least you attempted at a solid joke.

ny06
12-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Instead of thinking about moving our best defensive player to another position. Why don't we draft a Mike linebacker early in the draft? Don't like moving players out of position to fix a weakness at a position.

Moke
12-28-2012, 11:06 AM
Instead of thinking about moving our best defensive player to another position. Why don't we draft a Mike linebacker early in the draft? Don't like moving players out of position to fix a weakness at a position.

This isn't necessarily about next year though lol, this is about the last game of the season. I wouldn't do that for next year. Right now, our biggest weakness is stopping the run, since we don't really have a great rush-defensive MLB.

ny06
12-28-2012, 11:10 AM
This isn't necessarily about next year though lol, this is about the last game of the season. I wouldn't do that for next year. Right now, our biggest weakness is stopping the run, since we don't really have a great rush-defensive MLB.
Imagine JPP covering McCoy out of the backfield? The Mike linebacker position isn't an easy position to play (even for one game)

Moke
12-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Imagine JPP covering McCoy out of the backfield? The Mike linebacker position isn't an easy position to play (even for one game)

Never said it was, but you answered the question which I like. Just wanted to see what people's opinions on this were. Not sure how JPP can do any worse than Blackburn in the backfield.

GameTime
12-28-2012, 11:18 AM
Never said it was, but you answered the question which I like. Just wanted to see what people's opinions on this were. Not sure how JPP can do any worse than Blackburn in the backfield.
he can do worse because he wont know his assignments.

TheAnalyst
12-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I hope we see a healthy dose of Tracy at DE Sunday and see what he can do going forward. Him and Ojomo.

Moke
12-28-2012, 11:23 AM
he can do worse because he wont know his assignments.

Just a suggestion if he knew the assignments or learned them at practice during the week. Like I said, I was curious to see what you guys had to offer on the matter!

I hope we see a healthy dose of Tracy at DE Sunday and see what he can do going forward. Him and Ojomo.

I would love to see Ojomo as well. I wonder if he his sort of ready for some action? Get some young blood in there

Toadofsteel
12-28-2012, 11:58 AM
I'd love to see Tracy and Ojomo get into the DE rotation. I'm not quite calling for them to start yet, but they NEED to at least see some damn snaps. If it's JPP and Kiwi starting, and Tracy/Ojomo as rotational DE's, that could actually be a strong combo going forward. Canty, Joseph, and Kuhn would be a decent rotation at the DT position. Then we wouldn't have to worry about the D-line at all in the draft, and just focus on one CB and a MLB. That frees up most of our draft to go O-line like we've needed to go since 2010. I'm hoping this Mosley guy is at least decent, since between that and 5 draft picks, we'd be able to gut the entire O-line except for Beatty...

myles2424
12-28-2012, 12:48 PM
That dark place where threads like these are in a abundance called "the offseason" is right around the corner & this is a has been a reminder of that..

VBGiantsFan
12-28-2012, 01:03 PM
It would make more sense to put a guy like Osi at that position or Kiwi inside than JPP.

tcseacliff
12-28-2012, 01:07 PM

hey, Eli as tim tebow? wow! NOT! LOL!

tcseacliff
12-28-2012, 01:09 PM
That dark place where threads like these are in a abundance called "the offseason" is right around the corner & this is a has been a reminder of that..

going to be be a long ,dark offseason around here! gonna miss all the post season excitement of a super bowl!

DaKraken
12-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Next thread please....this topic is ridiculous

Moke
12-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Next thread please....this topic is ridiculous

It was a question. If you didn't like it, then don't bother posting in it. Your comment is the most ridiculous because it provides no insight whatsoever.

Grow up child.

Moke
12-28-2012, 02:14 PM

Again, you can avoid posting in a thread like this if you'd like to. No one forces you to respond here. Thanks for the deep insight.

EliMVP-NYG
12-28-2012, 03:02 PM
It was a question. If you didn't like it, then don't bother posting in it. Your comment is the most ridiculous because it provides no insight whatsoever.

Grow up child.

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i48/5/3/25/frabz-u-mad-bro-4fd0b2.jpg

Moke
12-28-2012, 03:04 PM
http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i48/5/3/25/frabz-u-mad-bro-4fd0b2.jpg

Says the guy with 16 posts. Move along here

Moke
12-28-2012, 03:05 PM
I've made it quite clear that this wasn't my intention, that it was a question for you guys out there.

And then you people have to jump on your high horses and point your fingers, "you, what a ridiculous thread"

ny06
12-28-2012, 03:16 PM
I've made it quite clear that this wasn't my intention, that it was a question for you guys out there.

And then you people have to jump on your high horses and point your fingers, "you, what a ridiculous thread"
It's called opinions. You take the good with the bad. If you don't want negative comments don't make a thread.
As for me I don't insult a fellow fans opinion, I give my opinion but won't go as far as mocking them.

Moke
12-28-2012, 03:18 PM
It's called opinions. You take the good with the bad. If you don't want negative comments don't make a thread.
As for me I don't insult a fellow fans opinion, I give my opinion but won't go as far as mocking them.

Eh, I was looking for opinions on what people thought ABOUT it, not about what my thread is.

No need for the insensitive targets at the thread. Next time, a more appropriate response would be "That's a ridiculous idea" and then if the poster decides to actually be intellectual,, he could give a good analysis on why it's ridiculous.

myles2424
12-28-2012, 03:36 PM
Again, you can avoid posting in a thread like this if you'd like to. No one forces you to respond here. Thanks for the deep insight.

dont get upset with us because your thread has been a complete disaster & has set the Gmen fanbase back years...

Moke
12-28-2012, 03:47 PM
dont get upset with us because your thread has been a complete disaster & has set the Gmen fanbase back years...

Huh? Did you even read my post? DId you not see the disclaimer that says I wasn't the one who suggested this?

Oh my, talk about reading comprehension problems!

myles2424
12-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Huh? Did you even read my post? DId you not see the disclaimer that says I wasn't the one who suggested this?

Oh my, talk about reading comprehension problems!
Ok well that "fellow giant fan" is a moron & we have to question your status around here by even suggesting that playing our best so called pass rusher at MLB "wouldnt be such a terrible idea"......

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-28-2012, 03:56 PM

such as who?

myles2424
12-28-2012, 04:08 PM
such as who?
Seems like every draft theres a few MLBs that go on to contribute to their D's

GiantRoc
12-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Don't take the comments too seriously. Everyone is a bit nasty due to the horrid season we have seen. As far as JPP to MLB... He doesn't have the skills or knowledge. He has good inline speed for a man his size. Compared to a OT his has good quickness. He doesn't have it for MLB though. The season isn't "that" over, as to play around with such a change. Even it is just for the hell of it. You may even risk injury to him due to him not being used to bodies coming at him from all over as opposed to straight ahead.

Moke
12-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Ok well that "fellow giant fan" is a moron & we have to question your status around here by even suggesting that playing our best so called pass rusher at MLB "wouldnt be such a terrible idea"......

We have to question my status around here? Is that serious? Wow, is this some sort of CIA website or something?

I love the mob mentality though... I'm sure no one here is going to question my status for bringing up a questionable thread. To be honest... look how many smart responses this thread has gotten too.... I think you might be the only person here with a problem...

Holy christmas dude, put on my ignore list...

myles2424
12-28-2012, 04:40 PM
We have to question my status around here? Is that serious? Wow, is this some sort of CIA website or something?

I love the mob mentality though... I'm sure no one here is going to question my status for bringing up a questionable thread. To be honest... look how many smart responses this thread has gotten too.... I think you might be the only person here with a problem...

Holy christmas dude, put on my ignore list...

lmao...just joking with you....Listen, you made a terrible thread....Take it as a loss, its happend to all of us once or twice...

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 06:13 PM
I would love to see David Diehl at cornerback.

gfanblue
12-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Bring back Tollefson

jomo
12-28-2012, 09:44 PM
WAIT, WAIT, hear me the hell out... I am not proposing this....

I was talking to a fellow Giants fan and he says

Thoughts? Wouldn't be such a TERRIBLE idea being that JPP really is an athletic individual, but I'm mostly worried about the Osi and Tuck at the DE spots.I am a fan of out of the box thinking. This is not a good idea.

jomo
12-28-2012, 09:45 PM
I would love to see David Diehl at cornerback.I like this better than JPP at MLB.

appodictic
12-28-2012, 10:00 PM
You know LT had tons of snaps where he started on the LOS. He may have been a linebacker but that is not always where he lined up.