PDA

View Full Version : Giants will not let The Eagles make the final statement on this season.

Razur
12-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Like a lot of you, I have been pyssed off at how these guys have let this season slip away from them. Just gave it away, but I won't believe they will lay down on Sunday to the Eagles. I think somebody is going to make a play, maybe a big return, or fumble recovery for a TD, something, that is going to spark our guys, and we take this game.

And that spark, is going to light our guys up. Maybe its too late for us to make it into post season, but it aint too late close this one with a win, and a win in the Division is always sweeter.

Good Luck Giants, GO BLUE

mike kennedy
12-28-2012, 03:10 PM
If THE PLAYERS ARE SAYING THAT, THEN DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! What they say and what they do are 2 different things.

Morehead State
12-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Like a lot of you, I have been pyssed off at how these guys have let this season slip away from them. Just gave it away, but I won't believe they will lay down on Sunday to the Eagles. I think somebody is going to make a play, maybe a big return, or fumble recovery for a TD, something, that is going to spark our guys, and we take this game.

And that spark, is going to light our guys up. Maybe its too late for us to make it into post season, but it aint too late close this one with a win, and a win in the Division is always sweeter.

So being able to win the division, and then being able to guarantee a playoff spot isn't enough motivation over the past few weeks, but NOW you think they are motivated.

You're taking rationalization to new levels.

Razur
12-28-2012, 03:23 PM
So being able to win the division, and then being able to guarantee a playoff spot isn't enough motivation over the past few weeks, but NOW you think they are motivated.

You're taking rationalization to new levels.

Well..As far as I've seen..NOTHING has been "rational", about this team all year..so...why not win now?

Morehead State
12-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Well..As far as I've seen..NOTHING has been "rational", about this team all year..so...why not win now?
I'd almost be PO's to see them motivated to play this week after not being sufficiently motivated when it mattered.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-28-2012, 03:26 PM

ehhh...where was the spark the last 2 weeks? the eagles will be playing hard for andy reid(most likely his last game as head coach),,plus vick is healthy and auditioning for his next team.....it ain't gonna be easy.

TheAnalyst
12-28-2012, 03:30 PM
They are already talking 2013. Its over. Once you look to the next year, talking about "I might not be here" or "We need to do things this offseason" with a game left, count that one as a loss. Mentally they are gone.

And I think the thought of our D having to chase a healthy, energized Vick and McCoy destoyed any thoughts this defense had of turning it around in week 17.

Razur
12-28-2012, 03:31 PM
ehhh...where was the spark the last 2 weeks? the eagles will be playing hard for andy reid(most likely his last game as head coach),,plus vick is healthy and auditioning for his next team.....it ain't gonna be easy.

No it sure the hell won't be..all the more sweeter if we win !

Razur
12-28-2012, 03:34 PM
I'd almost be PO's to see them motivated to play this week after not being sufficiently motivated when it mattered.

Yep I hear ya !!!..But...stranger things have happened to us this year..we come out and put 52 points up...we beat 49ers, GB, Saints.. dominated..and what if we win on Sunday, and the stars line up and every body we need to lose..loses..HOLY CRAP!!

G-MENBK
12-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't know what I will do if the Giants thrash the Eagles, two teams that have to lose, lose, and the last team that needs to lose, wins by like a point or two.

If you're anywhere near my house, stay clear: I'll probably be hurling furniture, electronics, and probably my cats out the window.

ashleymarie
12-28-2012, 03:47 PM
They are already talking 2013. Its over. Once you look to the next year, talking about "I might not be here" or "We need to do things this offseason" with a game left, count that one as a loss. Mentally they are gone.

And I think the thought of our D having to chase a healthy, energized Vick and McCoy destoyed any thoughts this defense had of turning it around in week 17.

Your statement hit home with me. Our guys don't have the legs for Vick and McCoy, unless Vick is somehow knocked out of the game. I don't want any player hurt.

There is only one thing that would hurt more than us not getting in the playoffs, and that is if the PIES do. That stupid little star on their heads, Romo smiling, JJ on the sidelines cheering his team on. I just might puke if that happened.

ashleymarie
12-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Good Thread, Razur. :)

Razur
12-28-2012, 03:52 PM
I don't know what I will do if the Giants thrash the Eagles, two teams that have to lose, lose, and the last team that needs to lose, wins by like a point or two.

If you're anywhere near my house, stay clear: I'll probably be hurling furniture, electronics, and probably my cats out the window.

Hey can we get specifics on the furniture and electronics you'll be hurling out the window?? I don't need any more cats..but am always on the look out for household goods and electronics!!

G-MENBK
12-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Hey can we get specifics on the furniture and electronics you'll be hurling out the window?? I don't need any more cats..but am always on the look out for household goods and electronics!!

Good luck trying to catch an armchair or an HDTV from the 3rd floor.

Razur
12-28-2012, 03:57 PM
Your statement hit home with me. Our guys don't have the legs for Vick and McCoy, unless Vick is somehow knocked out of the game. I don't want any player hurt.

There is only one thing that would hurt more than us not getting in the playoffs, and that is if the PIES do. That stupid little star on their heads, Romo smiling, JJ on the sidelines cheering his team on. I just might puke if that happened.

Letting JJ have any trophy would indeed suck....GO SKINS !!!!!

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Letting JJ have any trophy would indeed suck....GO SKINS !!!!!

cmon guys,,,,romo always finds a way to louse it up.

Toadofsteel
12-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Between the skins and the cowboys making it, i'd rather the skins make it. However, I hope that whichever of them makes it is one and done...