PDA

View Full Version : Proof that Perry Fewell's contract ends this year

Giggles2013
12-28-2012, 02:35 PM
Here is the link. It is an article from last year saying that he was given a one year extension. Unless he got another extension, his contract will be ending once the season is over. Of course, they can extend him again.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_defensive_coordinator_p_9.html (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/01/giants_defensive_coordinator_p_9.html)

Moke
12-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Thank you giggles for providing the link I was going to provide. I wish mods didn't close threads right away.

Giggles2013
12-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Yes, hopefully my thread will be re-opened.

mike kennedy
12-28-2012, 03:08 PM
OK so when is Gilbrilliant's contract up!

GiantRoc
12-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Loyalty can be a great thing. It can also be a nightmare. I hope we wake up from this before next season. It won't happen though, not with Gilbride at least. Watch us make the playoffs now and maybe win a game or 2. Then we will never seen any change in the offense.

TheAnalyst
12-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Coughlin has worked with Gilbride and Fewell since his Jags days. They WONT be fired or let go unless they ask.

GIANTSED101
12-28-2012, 04:06 PM
I would love it if we could get Norv Turner some how. I bet Eli could really flourish

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-28-2012, 04:19 PM
monte kiffin? worth a sniff? to old?

JesseJames
12-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Coughlin is very loyal to his coaches and seems like he won't fire any of them unless the owners put the gun to his head and threaten his own job...

Jahh
12-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Coughlin is very loyal to his coaches and seems like he won't fire any of them unless the owners put the gun to his head and threaten his own job...

he won't have to fire. he just won't re-hire.

BuffyBlueII
12-28-2012, 06:02 PM

It is a huge shame because that loyalty has hindered our QB reaching his full potential. We are in desperate need of a good offensive coordinator and a good QB coach. I highly doubt it is a coincidence that Eli Manning had his best year when Peyton was out and they got to talk at length on the phone 2-3 times a week during the football season last year.

JJC7301
12-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Fewell's not bad. The D played very well when healthy (and motivated) at the end of last season. This team always has a lot of injuries, and particularly in the secondary.

I think we need some new blood on the personnel side, and unless there is a proven DC out there, I'm comfortable with Fewell for another year.

Unless Spags is available, then I'll take Spags.

Toadofsteel
12-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Only knock i have on PF now is for continuing to play Tuck and Osi after they pretty much straight up demonstrated that they were only in it for the money now, not to win. Unless Tracy and Ojomo were really that bad...

Other than that, our defensive unit has suffered so many injuries. Our strength and conditioning coaches have just as much (if not more) to do with our defensive woes as PF.

On the other hand, our offense has been abysmal and other than Brown's freak injury, Locklear, and a gimpy Nicks, there hasn't been much injury on offense. Playcalling is a much bigger factor on offense (remember 3 shotgun draws in a row?) Yeah, Killdrive needs to be GONE yesterday...

mike kennedy
12-29-2012, 02:45 PM
With our offensive players, I would rather see GIlbride go then Fewell. PErry is not the best coordinator but the defence quit on him.

mike kennedy
12-29-2012, 02:57 PM
With our offensive players, I would rather see GIlbride go then Fewell. PErry is not the best coordinator but the defense quit on him.

brad
12-29-2012, 03:00 PM
With our offensive players, I would rather see GIlbride go then Fewell. PErry is not the best coordinator but the defense quit on him.

When your players "quit" on you, it is usually a pretty good indicator that you are not doing a good job of leading. The players don't seem to buy into the system, or the coach, and that is the reason he should be gone... not the reason he should be kept!

PhillipiSparks
12-29-2012, 03:00 PM
PErry is not the best coordinator but the defence quit on him.

That's a great reason to get rid of him.

M00KIE
12-29-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm one who agrees somewhat about the players just not making plays. It wasn't scheme that got Webster lit up. It's not scheme that we have nothing scary at LB and it's not scheme that causes Osi to run around aimlessly or injured Tuck (I do believe he's playing through shoulder or something).

Hall of Fame
12-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Why did Gigs get banned?

gumby74
12-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Why did Gigs get banned?

Why did Gigs get banned?

The official reason was that he worked around the IP ban of his account. Once he did that, it became a permanent ban. Normally, when you get banned it's only for a few days to cool off. In his case it was probably for trollish behavior. He made the entire board look really bad with posts consisting of only a couple sentences with minimal interaction of his own, yet he'd get people so pissed off, the thread would balloon to 200+ pages.

It's just my opinion, but the Mods at the time just didn't know how to handle him.

The only time he went overboard imo was when he created 50 million giggles handles and and spammed the boards. Although the conversations with himself were brilliant.

GoDeep80
12-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Anyway we can get Mike Zimmer from the Bengals?

Hall of Fame
12-29-2012, 07:42 PM
The official reason was that he worked around the IP ban of his account. Once he did that, it became a permanent ban. Normally, when you get banned it's only for a few days to cool off. In his case it was probably for trollish behavior. He made the entire board look really bad with posts consisting of only a couple sentences with minimal interaction of his own, yet he'd get people so pissed off, the thread would balloon to 200+ pages.

It's just my opinion, but the Mods at the time just didn't know how to handle him.

The only time he went overboard imo was when he created 50 million giggles handles and and spammed the boards. Although the conversations with himself were brilliant.

Meh, since he's been back he's been cool, didn't notice anything that would warrant a ban.....but who am I to judge :) the people who got pissed off lacked a sense of humor....even YA the mod said he enjoyed Gigs post. Oh well I'm sure he will be back lol.

primetime
12-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Anyway we can get Mike Zimmer from the Bengals?
Only way we can get him from the Bengals is offering him a head coaching position. Or if the Bengals fire him, which they won't. The Bengals have a nice coaching staff. Mike Zimmer on defense and Jay Gruden on offense. Depending on how far the Bengals get in the playoffs those two may get some interviews for head coaching positions.

gumby74
12-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Meh, since he's been back he's been cool, didn't notice anything that would warrant a ban.....but who am I to judge :) the people who got pissed off lacked a sense of humor....even YA the mod said he enjoyed Gigs post. Oh well I'm sure he will be back lol.

Diff Mods back then I believe.

mainegiantsfan
12-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Why in earth would we resign this guy? If Coughlin keeps him and Gilbride, get rid of him also. I've always been a faithful fan of his, but to allow a team as talented as we are, either get rid of your coaches or leave.