PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace.

Rudyy
12-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Do we have any shot at signing him? I'm going to say no knowing our cap issues. What do you think?

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Doubtful. Not really a fan of his to begin with, he has terrible hands. I'd much rather trade a mid round pick for Jeremy Maclin. Overall though, not sold that we even need a WR.

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Why would we spend huge salary cap dollars on an inconsistent prima donna WR when that is a strong position on this team (when Nicks is healthy) and RT, DE, and LB are weak and need a serious upgrade?

myles2424
12-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Do we have any shot at signing him? I'm going to say no knowing our cap issues. What do you think?
Im not a FA wiz, but would Greg Jennings or Bowe come at any kind of discount?
Jennings been out this year & Packers havent skipped a beat without him, idk if theyll go out of their way to bring him back....
Bowe, could be a legit WR on a real team & dont see anyone willing to risk big $$$ to find out...

raintheory
why bring it up if you already shot the idea down?

gmen0820
Why would we spend huge salary cap dollars on an inconsistent WR when that is a strong position on this team (when Nicks is healthy) and RT, DE, and LB are weak and need a serious upgrade?Because when Wallace is on his game he can flip a game right on its heals in one play.

Provided Eli's noodle arm can get him the ball, of course.

Flip Empty
12-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Jennings been out this year & Packers havent skipped a beat without him, idk if theyll go out of their way to bring him back....
Bowe, could be a legit WR on a real team & dont see anyone willing to risk big $$$ to find out...
Nah, those two will still be priced highly. Bowe, especially.

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't think we are, nor should we, be in the market for a WR. Nicks will be healthy next year (besides the 2-3 games he is sure to miss), and Randle is promising. Cruz is a stud, and Jernigan continues to develop.

Jppallday
12-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Doubtful. Not really a fan of his to begin with, he has terrible hands. I'd much rather trade a mid round pick for Jeremy Maclin. Overall though, not sold that we even need a WR.

You really think the Eagles would send their best WR to us? Not to mention for a kid round pick? I say there's a better chance of the Browns making the playoffs this year.... Which is 0%

BuffyBlueII
12-28-2012, 06:48 PM
I would love to have him on this team but there are other issues to address that are a more compelling need.

G-MENBK
12-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't think we are, nor should we, be in the market for a WR. Nicks will be healthy next year (besides the 2-3 games he is sure to miss), and Randle is promising. Cruz is a stud, and Jernigan continues to develop.

Him missing games due to injury isn't what's worrisome: it's him playing with an injury that's downright scary.

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Jernigan continues to develop.

If WR's don't emerge by their third year, the majority of the time they never emerge. Don't hold your breath on Jernigan.

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Because when Wallace is on his game he can flip a game right on its heals in one play.

Provided Eli's noodle arm can get him the ball, of course.

So can our WR's when they are all healthy at the same time. Wallace is not known for his durability, so why shell out huge $$$? Makes absolutely no sense for this team.

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 06:52 PM
You really think the Eagles would send their best WR to us? Not to mention for a kid round pick? I say there's a better chance of the Browns making the playoffs this year.... Which is 0%Because it's the Eagles, it's a longshot, but when young players with one year on their deal become available by their teams, you don't trade much to get them.

Anquan Boldin went for 3rd round pick in his prime. Was he better than a 3rd round player, chances are, yes. But the Ravens also had to redo his deal which was an issue, and the main catalyst for why the Cards traded him in the first place.

Jppallday
12-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Because it's the Eagles, it's a longshot, but when young players with one year on their deal become available by their teams, you don't trade much to get them.

Anquan Boldin went for 3rd round pick in his prime. Was he better than a 3rd round player, chances are, yes. But the Ravens also had to redo his deal which was an issue, and the main catalyst for why the Cards traded him in the first place.

I'm not doubting that he may be traded for a mid round pick I'm just seriously doubting he gets traded to the Giants

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Him missing games due to injury isn't what's worrisome: it's him playing with an injury that's downright scary.He's done it before in the past with success. This year, too many piled up on him, and he was ineffective. If we can avoid a repeat from this year, which he's managed to accomplish in all his other years, he should be fine.

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm not doubting that he may be traded for a mid round pick I'm just seriously doubting he gets traded to the GiantsHence me clarifying "because it's the Eagles, it's a longshot...."

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 06:56 PM
If WR's don't emerge by their third year, the majority of the time they never emerge. Don't hold your breath on Jernigan.Well it's his third year coming up, all hands on deck, right?

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 07:02 PM
So can our WR's when they are all healthy at the same time. Wallace is not known for his durability, so why shell out huge $$$? Makes absolutely no sense for this team.Wallace is about to miss the first game of his career.

Anyway, I agree with you, I think I've made that very evident in this thread. Wallace offers a home-run threat in our offense like no other one of our receivers does, and that's with pure speed. He's probably the fastest guy in the league. My personal feelings on Wallace is that he is an average WR. I wouldn't pay anything near top dollar for him, because he has inconsistent hands, which are pretty important for a WR.

Agreed, makes no sense on paper, but Wallace is a homerun hitter, which could be a valuable asset if our offense has issues maintaining drives and putting up points.

Edit: I'm not being clear. I don't think we need Wallace, but to suggest it'd be a good signing is certainly a respectable opinion. That is all.

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Well it's his third year coming up, all hands on deck, right?

Who does he play ahead of to get a chance to emerge? Cruz, Nicks, Randle? Nope.

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Who does he play ahead of to get a chance to emerge? Cruz, Nicks, Randle? Nope.Which would explain why I mentioned all three of them in my original post on the matter. What is your point? That Jernigan isn't developing?

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-28-2012, 07:13 PM

would rather go after steven jackson if we could some how come up the money buy cutting guys,,restructuring contracts, etc...a very long shot but he still has some gas in him(working on 8th straight 1,000 yard season without much drop off) and who wouldn't talk about retirement if you played for a team like the rams. he,,bradshaw, and wilson would be one hell of a running game. a guy can dream.

Shockeystays08
12-28-2012, 07:22 PM
If WR's don't emerge by their third year, the majority of the time they never emerge. Don't hold your breath on Jernigan.
Jernigan has worked his way up from inactive status when all WR's were healthy to being active and getting snaps before Randle and Barden on game day. The Giants have seen something positive from him for them to have 6 active WR's the past few games. He only has 3 catches but 2 went for first downs and he has dropped none .His one Kick return went for 60 yards. Continues to develop is a good description. Cruz is in front of JJ so he may not make it big here but his skills will help some team, somewhere, sometime. Hopefully not in the NFC East. He has another year before you can say third year and his first seasons development was affected by the contract dispute. I say if given the looks he will produce.

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Which would explain why I mentioned all three of them in my original post on the matter. What is your point? That Jernigan isn't developing?

My point is with the receivers we have here he won't get the chance to emerge. And without the chance, he never will.

His only chance to emerge is if Cruz and another receiver ahead of him get hurt for an extended amount of time. Could happen, but I doubt it.

Shockeystays08
12-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Who does he play ahead of to get a chance to emerge? Cruz, Nicks, Randle? Nope.

Wallace over Randle any day talent wise. Wallace tore up the SEC Randle, not so much!

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Wallace over Randle any day talent wise. Wallace tore up the SEC Randle, not so much!

You can only spend so much at one position with the salary cap. If they signed Wallace (which I'm pretty sure is not going to happen), there is no way they could sign Nicks and Cruz too. Besides, I'd rather have the 6'3" Randle at his small salary than the 6' Wallace at a bloated salary.

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 07:35 PM
My point is with the receivers we have here he won't get the chance to emerge. And without the chance, he never will.

His only chance to emerge is if Cruz and another receiver ahead of him get hurt for an extended amount of time. Could happen, but I doubt it.Okay, I agree. I still don't get what your point is. This is what I posted:

I merely said Jernigan is developing. If you don't think he's developing, or just don't like Jernigan, that's fine with me.

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Okay, I agree. I still don't get what your point is. This is what I posted:

I merely said Jernigan is developing. If you don't think he's developing, or just don't like Jernigan, that's fine with me.

I don't think 3 receptions for 22 yards is even close to "developing".

Rudyy
12-28-2012, 07:40 PM
why bring it up if you already shot the idea down?Because I like hearing other peoples opinions?

Jppallday
12-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Hence me clarifying "because it's the Eagles, it's a longshot...."

I wasn't trying to be condescending I was just saying man

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 07:43 PM
I don't think 3 receptions for 22 yards is even close to "developing".Oh, okay. He's improved from last year, so in the basic sense of the word, he IS developing.

..since you want to nitpick.

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Oh, okay. He's improved from last year, so in the basic sense of the word, he IS developing.

..since you want to nitpick.

It's not nitpicking.

Rookie Justin Blackmon 58 receptions to 786 yards, that's developing.
3rd round Rookie TY Hilton 46 receptions for 750 yards, that's developing.
3rd year Danario Alexander 36 receptions 624 yards, that's developing

gumby74
12-28-2012, 07:45 PM
i don't think we should be spending any money on WR imo. We have more pressing positions

gmen0820
I wasn't trying to be condescending I was just saying manLol it's all good man, I should have been more clear. Only reason I brought it up is because there are reports that Maclin is on the trading block.

http://nfltraderumors.co/eagles-shopping-wr-jeremy-maclin-during-the-offseason/

Very doubtful they'd deal him to us, but I do know that Reese was a big fan of Maclin coming out of college, and -- if the reports were accurate -- liked him even more than Nicks. Liked him enough to try to move up to get him, before Philly traded up.

ny06
Resigning Cruz is more of a priority over signing Mike Wallace.

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 07:50 PM
It's not nitpicking.

3rd round Rookie Justin Blackmon 58 receptions to 786 yards, that's developing.
Rookie TY Hilton 46 receptions for 750 yards, that's developing.
3rd year Danario Alexander 36 receptions 624 yards, thats developingOkay, and 0 catches, to 3 catches, is developing as well.

What are you trying to accomplish by bad-mouthing Jernigan, a mere sidenote in my post? What are you trying to accomplish by redefining the word "developing"?

Rudyy
12-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Resigning Cruz is more of a priority over signing Mike Wallace.Very true

Jppallday
12-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Lol it's all good man, I should have been more clear. Only reason I brought it up is because there are reports that Maclin is on the trading block.

http://nfltraderumors.co/eagles-shopping-wr-jeremy-maclin-during-the-offseason/

Very doubtful they'd deal him to us, but I do know that Reese was a big fan of Maclin coming out of college, and -- if the reports were accurate -- liked him even more than Nicks. Liked him enough to try to move up to get him, before Philly traded up.

I would love to have Maclin he is a hell of a player in my eyes

moosedrool
12-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Okay, and 0 catches, to 3 catches, is developing as well.

What are you trying to accomplish by bad-mouthing Jernigan, a mere sidenote in my post? What are you trying to accomplish by redefining the word "developing"?

You are the one trying to redefine the word "developing" as 3 receptions for 22 yards. And it is laughable.

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 08:03 PM
You are the one trying to redefine the word "developing" as 3 receptions for 22 yards. And it is laughable.I'm not trying to do anything but give a run down of what our WRs look like at the time.

Nicks and Cruz -- studs

Randle -- promising

Jernigan -- developing

That was my OP on this matter. You take issue with something so minuscule such as Jernigan "developing", which by the most BASIC sense of the word is true, because his production has increased. Granted, it's a small change, but what is your motive to keep something so pointless going? Is it pride? Fine, I can just concede that you're right if that's really gonna brighten your day. Just say the word and I'll do it.

giantsfan420
12-28-2012, 08:05 PM
Bowe, could be a legit WR on a real team & dont see anyone willing to risk big $$$ to find out...thats actually an interesting idea. bowe would be like when we signed plex imo. altho, i still think hes shown enough that a team will pay big bucks. i mean garcon got a ton, and i think hes been worth it. so the markets kinda set in that regard and if we're keepig nicks n cruz, zero shot.

but i feel randle could become every bit as good as bowe

raintheory
12-28-2012, 08:12 PM
but i feel randle could become every bit as good as bowe

I think you need to stop posting!

raintheory
12-28-2012, 08:27 PM
Because I like hearing other peoples opinions?
I was more referring to the notion that you posted like it would be a good idea but you shout it down. not that its a bad idea but like you said cap.

giantsfan420
12-28-2012, 08:30 PM
I think you need to stop posting!y?

raintheory
12-28-2012, 08:44 PM
y?
becuase to say randle who has proved very little so far could become every bit AS good as Bowe with his numbers is a little homerish.you should of started that snetence with i hope instead of I feel. it gives the impression that you know something or see something that we are all missing.

Rudyy
12-28-2012, 08:48 PM
becuase to say randle who has proved very little so far could become every bit AS good as Bowe with his numbers is a little homerish.you should of started that snetence with i hope instead of I feel. it gives the impression that you know something or see something that we are all missing.I've seen crazier opinions, chill.

Kez Simpson
12-28-2012, 09:43 PM
becuase to say randle who has proved very little so far could become every bit AS good as Bowe with his numbers is a little homerish.you should of started that snetence with i hope instead of I feel. it gives the impression that you know something or see something that we are all missing. That's his opinion. Its not farfetched to believe this. Randle has the attributes to be a game breaking receiver.

jomo
12-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Do we have any shot at signing him? I'm going to say no knowing our cap issues. What do you think?Bad idea. We need all available cash deployed to the OL and the DL and LB.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Bad idea.

steven jackson for 2 years.

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 09:55 PM
steven jackson for 2 years.He's already talking retirement. He's old man, and there's nowhere to go behind our OL for an aging power back.

big blue dog
12-28-2012, 09:57 PM
wth out protection for manning you can have rice swan and megatron and it wont matter.

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-28-2012, 10:11 PM
He's already talking retirement. He's old man, and there's nowhere to go behind our OL for an aging power back.

well my friend,,,1. we are obviously going to rework the line,,,2. old? he's about to complete his 8th 1,000 yard season in a row and still has more in the tank,,,3. he has shown little dropoff,,still runs hard,,,,4. he would not have to carry the ball 30 times a game,,,he, along with bradshaw and wilson could mix it up a la earth, wind, and fire,,5. if you played for the rams you would talk about retiring too,,a change of scenenery to a winning organization would do wonders and make our running game lethal. bradshaw can no longer shoulder the load himself,,,if we could do it financially it's a no brainer.

jomo
12-28-2012, 10:29 PM
steven jackson for 2 years.It's all about what happens in the trenches!

gmen0820
12-28-2012, 10:30 PM
well my friend,,,1. we are obviously going to rework the line,,,2. old? he's about to complete his 8th 1,000 yard season in a row and still has more in the tank,,,3. he has shown little dropoff,,still runs hard,,,,4. he would not have to carry the ball 30 times a game,,,he, along with bradshaw and wilson could mix it up a la earth, wind, and fire,,5. if you played for the rams you would talk about retiring too,,a change of scenenery to a winning organization would do wonders and make our running game lethal. bradshaw can no longer shoulder the load himself,,,if we could do it financially it's a no brainer.Personally, I think Bradshaw's got to go. I'm a huge fan of Jackson, if the price is right, I'd definitely bring him in. The tread on the tires is very concerning. I thought a little change of scenery would do LdT good, but he really wasn't too special in NY either.

What Jackson has been able to accomplish has been incredible, especially on a pretty poor Rams team, but the age and tread is concerning. I'd prefer a guy like Rashard Mendenhall whose value is pretty low and in need of reestablishing. If we could land him on a cheap 1-2 year deal, that'd be awesome. Keep in mind, Mendenhall when healthy was able to do a lot of damage behind a poor Pittsburgh OL.

dakotajoe
12-29-2012, 12:09 PM

Comparing college stats isn't fair. Dan Marino didn't complete 60% of his passes his senior year and threw more INTs than TDs.

Wallace obviously has the edge on speed but I wouldn't go as far as saying he has more talent than Randle. I've talked to Pittsburgh fans who are able to watch him a lot more than me, they call him an average at best receiver with great speed.

Rich4114
12-29-2012, 12:32 PM
WR is arguably our best position. We need to spend top dollar on our own WR's in Cruz and Nicks. Ideally we can keep both and groom Randell to be that 3rd WR.

drewz
12-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm stunned out of the holes we have, people think we should go out and spend $8-10 million on a WR