PDA

View Full Version : Giants' Kenny Phillips Calls 2012 "A Long Frustrating Season"

RoanokeFan
12-29-2012, 09:42 AM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._calls_20.html (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/12/giants_kenny_phillips_calls_20.html)

Excerpt: "Kenny Phillips hopes to play this Sunday against the Eagles. But he also hoped to play against the Ravens, too.

Just like this week, the Giants safety practiced each day leading up to the Ravens game and was listed as questionable with a right knee that has been ailing him since Week 4. But Phillips was inactive for the game.

"I was shocked. I had a great week of practice. The coaches were telling me how well I was doing," Phillips said. "I guess it just came down to, I guess, a numbers game, Iím not sure. Once again, they made the decision, and I just have to deal with it."

A "numbers game" must not have sat well with the former first-round pick and starter.

"Yeah, I was pretty (ticked) off," Phillips said. "But at the end of the day, thereís nothing I can do about it. Iíll just come to work and practice and work hard and let them make a decision."

Coach Tom Coughlin explained earlier in the week the decision to sit Phillips was based on if they thought he could play at a high enough level, and also filling the necessary roles on special teams -- the numbers Phillips referred to. It was the latest example of what Phillips described as a "long, frustrating year," since he injured his knee against the Eagles in September.

"Going into your last year (of your contract), you want to go out there, make a big splash, and just play as well as you can," Phillips said. "Especially coming off the Super Bowl. You feel good about your chances of repeating, get hurt early and then... Like I said, itís been real frustrating. Youíre on the field, and youíre off the field; you can play this week, you canít play this week. Itís just been a long season, Iíll put it like that." Read more...

Redeyejedi
12-29-2012, 09:57 AM
They sat a healthy enough to go Phillips have they watched this team without him this year. They average 7 less points a game in games he plays

RoanokeFan
12-29-2012, 10:02 AM
They sat a healthy enough to go Phillips have they watched this team without him this year. They average 7 less points a game in games he plays

It may have been a medical call??

Red Dog
12-29-2012, 10:33 AM
A long frustrating season for us fans too

mainegiantsfan
12-30-2012, 12:59 AM
See you later. Sick of you and the rest that can't stay healthy.

juice33s
12-30-2012, 01:25 AM
What makes it even worse is that this was his contract year

TopleyBird
12-30-2012, 09:50 AM
You weren't even there for most of it, ya bum!

Kidding, kidding. If we can manage to resign Phillips and have him stay healthy, the trio of Brown, Rolle, and Phillips will be amazing.

DandyDon
12-30-2012, 12:01 PM
You weren't even there for most of it, ya bum!

Kidding, kidding. If we can manage to resign Phillips and have him stay healthy, the trio of Brown, Rolle, and Phillips will be amazing.

Our secondary is never healthy. We get decimated in PRESEASON most years.

M00KIE
12-30-2012, 12:29 PM
You don't say...