PDA

View Full Version : Don't blame Plaxico

RoanokeFan
04-04-2009, 11:14 AM
We lost a very talented player in Plaxico Burress but the "story" is far more far reaching than one player and one team. What happened to Plaxico is, I believe, the the result of years of enabling truly gifted athletes to do as they please and excusing poor academic and social performance, JUST BECAUSE they can play a sport at a high level of excellence.

How many times do you think anyone ever said "no" about anything to Plaxico (and other individuals) once his athletic prowess was recognized? Probably not since high school I'm thinking but certainly not since college. So we create an environment within which Plaxico became the center of his universe.

Given everything and asked for nothing in return but to use his God given athletic talent why are we surprised at the events that have brought Plaxico to such an inglorious end with the New York Football GIANTS? Were there signs? You bet, going all the way back to the Steelers who drafted him. The GIANTS fined him some 60 times and then suspended him AFTER prividing him with a very lucrative contract extension to the tune of 35 million dollars BECAUSE of his athleticism. But to do that they had to swallow his lack of espirit de corps.

How does a player get a contract like that and then not play his best and continue to be a "problem child"? He was enabled, much like alcoholics and drug abusers, by those who may have thought he would change and certailnly by those who care about him.

The last straw, it seems, was the GIANTS once again trying to "put silk
socks on a hog" by offerning him a new contract that would have
resolved his mediation issues and kept him a GIANT for, at least,
2009. If reports can be believed, his part of the negotiatoin was
"no."

Plaxico did this to himself and should pay whatever fair consequence is decided. But it's really not fair to blame Plaxico for never having to be a responsible adult when he was never asked to be anywhwere along the line.

Good Luck Plaxico. Those of us who had a chance to give you "guidance" along the way have failed you miserably. You are going to pay a price for your indescretion last November but others should be in the cell with you for their part in your undevelopment.

~MOJORISIN~
04-04-2009, 11:26 AM
does not exuse the fact he is a boneheadfor shooting himself!

MattMeyerBud
04-04-2009, 11:28 AM
every person controls their own life and decisions.</P>

</P>

We only hear the bad of the NFL, when the sad truth is an overwelming majority have their stuff together and are good people/citizens.</P>

</P>

I take no responsibility and nor should anyone else for the way plax chose to life his life. Thats a cop out for plax</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Everyone is responsible for thier own behavior. Blaming outside influences for poor behavior is a cop out. I learned that the hard way.................In marriage therapy.[:$]

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 11:32 AM
are we really our brothers' keepers? if someone has to guide you to not carry a gun illegally, there is something wrong. i understand what you are saying roanoke, but there is this thing called "accountability," and plax needs to show some. and no one should share a cell with him for some type of assumed lack of moral guidance, imo.

JPizzack
04-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Don't hate the player, hate the game? That what you mean?

I guess I kind of agree, but most ppl with common sense are going to make better life decisions, but to be perfectly honest, such a small percentage of the population has any common sense at all....
I don't think you can say it's not Plax's fault for everything that happened, but, I think I could say safely that he's a product of the NFL environment. Take that how it is I guess &gt;.&gt;</P>

-JP</P>

NYG_inul
04-04-2009, 11:33 AM
We lost a very talented player in Plaxico Burress but the "story" is far more far reaching than one player and one team. What happened to Plaxico is, I believe, the the result of years of enabling truly gifted athletes to do as they please and excusing poor academic and social performance, JUST BECAUSE they can play a sport at a high level of excellence.

How many times do you think anyone ever said "no" about anything to Plaxico (and other individuals) once his athletic prowess was recognized? Probably not since high school I'm thinking but certainly not since college. So we create an environment within which Plaxico became the center of his universe.

Given everything and asked for nothing in return but to use his God given athletic talent why are we surprised at the events that have brought Plaxico to such an inglorious end with the New York Football GIANTS? Were there signs? You bet, going all the way back to the Steelers who drafted him. The GIANTS fined him some 60 times and then suspended him AFTER prividing him with a very lucrative contract extension to the tune of 35 million dollars BECAUSE of his athleticism. But to do that they had to swallow his lack of espirit de corps.

How does a player get a contract like that and then not play his best and continue to be a "problem child"? He was enabled, much like alcoholics and drug abusers, by those who may have thought he would change and certailnly by those who care about him.

"no."

Plaxico did this to himself and should pay whatever fair consequence is decided. But it's really not fair to blame Plaxico for never having to be a responsible adult when he was never asked to be anywhwere along the line.

Good Luck Plaxico. Those of us who had a chance to give you "guidance" along the way have failed you miserably. You are going to pay a price for your indescretion last November but others should be in the cell with you for their part in your undevelopment.

well said

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Everyone is responsible for thier own behavior. Blaming outside influences for poor behavior is a cop out. I learned that the hard way.................In marriage therapy.[:$]</P>

lucky *******, lol. my ex didn't even give me that chance, i came home to an empty apartment. i thought i was robbed, and then i check the closet and saw only herclothes were gone, and i though <FONT color=#ff0000>"yeah, i was robbed alright!"</FONT></P>

MattMeyerBud
04-04-2009, 11:36 AM
i wish that would happen to me...</P>

</P>

hell i'll help her pack</P>

Shockey+Manning=Shocking
04-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Of course you blame Burress. Read about his combine when he went to a Pacers game instead meeting with a team.. Or what about standing Coach Cowher up when he was supposed to meet with him at Michigan State? Plax does what he wants to do, and that's pretty much the attitude we grown tired of. He always has been a head case, or immature, and I am not suprised that he still is.

FBomb
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Everyone is responsible for thier own behavior. Blaming outside influences for poor behavior is a cop out. I learned that the hard way.................In marriage therapy.[:$]</P>

lucky *******, lol. my ex didn't even give me that chance, i came home to an empty apartment. i thought i was robbed, and then i check the closet and saw only herclothes were gone, and i though <FONT color=#ff0000>"yeah, i was robbed alright!"</FONT></P>

</P>

"Lucky"???? 4 months of weekly "Bash Fbomb" sessions???? I couldn't WAIT to move out, give her all my stuff and pay her money she doesn't deserve!!!!</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 11:40 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

You need a truck?</P>

MattMeyerBud
04-04-2009, 11:43 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

You need a truck?</P>

</P>

</P>

na i think my hyundai is high enough off the ground to run her over... thanks for the offer tho</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 11:46 AM
LMAO!

buddy33
04-04-2009, 11:48 AM
This is a joke right ? The guy has a horrible attitude. As a football player he is great, but go ask the Giants and Steelers how is attitude is.

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 11:50 AM

</P>

"Lucky"???? 4 months of weekly "Bash Fbomb" sessions???? I couldn't WAIT to move out, give her all my stuff and pay her money she doesn't deserve!!!!</P>

</P>

well if it turned into a bashing session, then no, that doesn't sound like fun at all. mine didn't bash me, she just left and was screwing various guys, real classy. i'm begging her to come back and she is out blowing some guy in a parking lot somewhere, *****![:@].........[:$]</P>

RoanokeFan
04-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Everyone is responsible for thier own behavior. Blaming outside influences for poor behavior is a cop out. I learned that the hard way.................In marriage therapy.[:$]

He is responsible for his own behavior without a doubt. But some of these athletes reach a level of immaturity that is frightening and other people help make that happen.

RoanokeFan
04-04-2009, 11:51 AM
i wish that would happen to me...</p>

</p>

hell i'll help her pack</p>

</p>

</p>

You need a truck?</p>

LOL

RoanokeFan
04-04-2009, 11:54 AM
are we really our brothers' keepers? if someone has to guide you to not carry a gun illegally, there is something wrong. i understand what you are saying roanoke, but there is this thing called "accountability," and plax needs to show some. and no one should share a cell with him for some type of assumed lack of moral guidance, imo.

You are absolutely right about accountability and that addresses the point I was trying to make. When you live a life where you aren't required to be accountable, how to you suddenly learn how to.

I'm not excusing Plaxico's behavior and have never been a huge fan of his. But, while he IS responsible, he was never taught any different by people who should have cared.

FBomb
04-04-2009, 11:55 AM

</P>

</P>

well if it turned into a bashing session, then no, that doesn't sound like fun at all. mine didn't bash me, she just left and was screwing various guys, real classy. i'm begging her to come back and she is out blowing some guy in a parking lot somewhere, *****![:@].........[:$]</P>

</P>

That sucks man..........I feel for ya. Broken hearts are the worst. I guess you CAN say I was lucky because I wanted nothing to do with my ex by the time the **** hit the fan. I just wanted to be gone.</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 11:55 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

That sucks man..........I feel for ya. Broken hearts are the worst. I guess you CAN say I was lucky because I wanted nothing to do with my ex by the time the **** hit the fan. I just wanted to be gone.</P>

RoanokeFan
04-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Everyone is responsible for thier own behavior. Blaming outside influences for poor behavior is a cop out. I learned that the hard way.................In marriage therapy.[:$]</p>

lucky *******, lol. my ex didn't even give me that chance, i came home to an empty apartment. i thought i was robbed, and then i check the closet and saw only herclothes were gone, and i though <font color="#ff0000">"yeah, i was robbed alright!"</font></p>

</p>

"Lucky"???? 4 months of weekly "Bash Fbomb" sessions???? I couldn't WAIT to move out, give her all my stuff and pay her money she doesn't deserve!!!!</p>

</p>

well if it turned into a bashing session, then no, that doesn't sound like fun at all. mine didn't bash me, she just left and was screwing various guys, real classy. i'm begging her to come back and she is out blowing some guy in a parking lot somewhere, *****![:@].........[:$]</p>

</p>

That sucks man..........I feel for ya. Broken hearts are the worst. I guess you CAN say I was lucky because I wanted nothing to do with my ex by the time the **** hit the fan. I just wanted to be gone.</p>

Are you happier now?

FBomb
04-04-2009, 12:01 PM

He is responsible for his own behavior without a doubt. But some of these athletes reach a level of immaturity that is frightening and other people help make that happen.
</P>

You can say the same thing about TO. It doesn't make me feel any better about him. </P>

Take me for instance. I play in a band in Syracuse and we have been the biggest drawing band here for a good 10 years. Having that kind of drawing power gets you a lot of "perks" with bar owners, public officials, police.....etc...etc... Anyone that stands to make money off of you. Now, we could take advantage of the situation and demand anything and everything from these people, but we don't. We are very easy to work with, never cancel a show, haven't raised our asking price in 5 years, and are on time for EVERY show. IMHO that has helped our longevity. Bar owners LOVE having us because we put drinkers in thier clubs and are a very easy band to work with.</P>

You got to give when you are able to take.</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 12:02 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Are you happier now?
</P>

Very much so.............I'm also broker!!![:'(]</P>

RagTime Blue
04-04-2009, 12:12 PM
It's true that people have failed Plaxico, no doubt. But I might accept this excuse if he were 20 years old. He's 31. By some point, you have to see where your life is going, and make adjustments.</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 12:14 PM
It's true that people have failed Plaxico, no doubt. But I might accept this excuse if he were 20 years old. He's 31. By some point, you have to see where your life is going, and make adjustments.</P>

</P>

Not to mention he has a young son now.</P>

Last year he said he's nobody's role model................guess what?</P>

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 12:14 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

yeah rejection is the worst, imo. someone is basically saying, "i don't want you, i don't love you,you're not up to my standards, you're not good enough, etc." the extra rub is that the other person almost always has flaws that you feel you are overlooking to be with them, and they are deciding they will no longer do the same. betrayal hurts.</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 12:16 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

yeah rejection is the worst, imo. someone is basically saying, "i don't want you, i don't love you,you're not up to my standards, you're not good enough, etc." the extra rub is that the other person almost always has flaws that you feel you are overlooking to be with them, and they are deciding they will no longer do the same. betrayal hurts.</P>

</P>

Sounds like the wounds are still pretty fresh............The only advice I can give is it will pass. Just hang in there.</P>

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 12:23 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Sounds like the wounds are still pretty fresh............The only advice I can give is it will pass. Just hang in there.</P>

</P>

try not to laugh, lol, but its been about 10 years. its just that when i felt my heart was ripped out and crapped on, i never healed quite right.[U] i know i need to get over it, but psychologically it is tough, i still dream about her atleast 3-4 nights a week.</P>

i think the abruptness of the split was what fractured me a bit. she was there one day, i went to work, i came home and she was gone, and i only saw her for about 1/2 hour after that, and that was it, the person i shared my life with for 5 years was gone, and i had no say.</P>

Bleedin Blue Since '62
04-04-2009, 12:24 PM
Of course you blame Burress. Read about his combine when he went to a Pacers game instead meeting with a team.. Or what about standing Coach Cowher up when he was supposed to meet with him at Michigan State? Plax does what he wants to do, and that's pretty much the attitude we grown tired of. He always has been a head case, or immature, and I am not suprised that he still is.</P>

That pretty much sums it up.</P>

Roosevelt
04-04-2009, 12:31 PM

"no."

Well said RF, but I disagree - this is totally on Plax.

If you care about someone it's only natural to "enable" them - to forgive, and to forget. But there comes a point where you must draw the line. So far Plaxico has caused two teams to draw that line. This is just an individual who doesn't respect others.

So now it's time for Plax to reap what he has sewn. 3 1/2 years behind bars probably would do this man some good.

FBomb
04-04-2009, 12:35 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

try not to laugh, lol, but its been about 10 years. its just that when i felt my heart was ripped out and crapped on, i never healed quite right.[U] i know i need to get over it, but psychologically it is tough, i still dream about her atleast 3-4 nights a week.</P>

i think the abruptness of the split was what fractured me a bit. she was there one day, i went to work, i came home and she was gone, and i only saw her for about 1/2 hour after that, and that was it, the person i shared my life with for 5 years was gone, and i had no say.</P>

</P>

Not laughing at all, my friend. I STILL pine for the only girl to ever break my heart. That was in highschool. She dumped my for a one night stand with the bass player from Foghat. I've never gotten over it, and I'm 43 now.</P>

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 12:41 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Not laughing at all, my friend. I STILL pine for the only girl to ever break my heart. That was in highschool. She dumped my for a one night stand with the bass player from Foghat. I've never gotten over it, and I'm 43 now.</P>

</P>

ouch. i don't know about you, but when i realized my ex liked to get it on with other people, it put her in a new light for me. i feel like i still miss her, but i don't know that i miss her, its probably the companionship that i missed. someone willing to crush me emotionally just so they could get their hole worked on, isn't a person i want to be with (not that i had a choice, lol.)</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 12:49 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

ouch. i don't know about you, but when i realized my ex liked to get it on with other people, it put her in a new light for me. i feel like i still miss her, but i don't know that i miss her, its probably the companionship that i missed. someone willing to crush me emotionally just so they could get their hole worked on, isn't a person i want to be with (not that i had a choice, lol.)</P>

</P>

And.........like me........the second she needed you you'd be there. </P>

Her husband suddenly died in the shower and I reached out to her. </P>

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 12:54 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

i wouldn't now, because i see her for the person she is. then was a different story, i would have helped her in any way.</P>

LT= Lawrence Taylor
04-04-2009, 12:56 PM

"no."

Well said RF, but I disagree - this is totally on Plax.

If you care about someone it's only natural to "enable" them - to forgive, and to forget. But there comes a point where you must draw the line. So far Plaxico has caused two teams to draw that line. This is just an individual who doesn't respect others.

So now it's time for Plax to reap what he has sewn. 3 1/2 years behind bars probably would do this man some good.

What Rosie said

gators33
04-04-2009, 12:57 PM
plaxico is a idiot....plain and simple!!!!

FBomb
04-04-2009, 12:59 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

i wouldn't now, because i see her for the person she is. then was a different story, i would have helped her in any way.</P>

</P>

We are such saps!!!! I took her back after the guy blew her off[:$] It was never the same after that.</P>

NewYorkDave
04-04-2009, 01:03 PM

The last straw, it seems, was the GIANTS once again trying to "put silk socks on a hog" by offerning him a new contract that would have resolved his mediation issues and kept him a GIANT for, at least, 2009. If reports can be believed, his part of the negotiatoin was "no."

</P>

Oh please! Are you kidding me!!!!!! When you are a MAN you are responsible for who you become. No matter where you come from eventually it is up to YOU to educate your god damn self and exist as a good person in this world. Circumstances can shape the path you must travel but only you and you alone are responsible for the actions you take. Plaxico Burress is more at fault because he is in a better position then 95% of the people in this country to educate himself and get beyond all the nonsense. You must be a freaking liberal talking like that. Why is it a majority of this country wants someone else to take care of them. It is not the NFL's responsibility to raise athletes. That would fall on the parents and eventually the athelete him/herself. It is ALL...I REPEAT <U>ALL</U> OF PLAXICO'S FAULT! EVERY LAST DROP IN THE BLAME SEA CAME FROM PLAXICO. </P>

THE GIANTS DID THE RIGHT THING! WE SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS MONTHS AGO....AND BRADSHAW IS SKATING ON THIN ICE AS WELL</P>

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 01:09 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

We are such saps!!!! I took her back after the guy blew her off[:$] It was never the same after that.</P>

</P>

i know exactly what you mean. my ex screwed some dude while we were dating and i never even broke up with her over it. i was hurt, but i loved her. i realize now that she didn't love me, and that should have been a deal breaker, but you know what they say about hindsight.</P>

Grande Azul
04-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow this thread went from don't blame Plax to a therapy session in a new york minute. Now are we blaming Plax for girl problems or are we blaming Plax for being a complete knucklehead and ultimate ME guy. just wondering. Does Plax play bass and was he the guy in the parking lot? WTF are we talking about....WOW!

NewYorkDave
04-04-2009, 01:14 PM

The last straw, it seems, was the GIANTS once again trying to "put silk socks on a hog" by offerning him a new contract that would have resolved his mediation issues and kept him a GIANT for, at least, 2009. If reports can be believed, his part of the negotiatoin was "no."

</P>

Oh please! Are you kidding me!!!!!! When you are a MAN you are responsible for who you become. No matter where you come from eventually it is up to YOU to educate your god damn self and exist as a good person in this world. Circumstances can shape the path you must travel but only you and you alone are responsible for the actions you take. Plaxico Burress is more at fault because he is in a better position then 95% of the people in this country to educate himself and get beyond all the nonsense. You must be a freaking liberal talking like that. Why is it a majority of this country wants someone else to take care of them. It is not the NFL's responsibility to raise athletes. That would fall on the parents and eventually the athelete him/herself. It is ALL...I REPEAT <U>ALL</U> OF PLAXICO'S FAULT! EVERY LAST DROP IN THE BLAME SEA CAME FROM PLAXICO. </P>

THE GIANTS DID THE RIGHT THING! WE SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS MONTHS AGO....AND BRADSHAW IS SKATING ON THIN ICE AS WELL</P>

</P>

Yeah it did I want to hear about what you guys think of Plax not your pathetic personel lives. Maybe if you guys got the **** out of the house and actually listened to your women you wouldn't be alone.</P>

Now where are the other pansy liberal idiots who want to blame the NFL for Plaxico?</P>

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Wow this thread went from don't blame Plax to a therapy session in a new york minute. Now are we blaming Plax for girl problems or are we blaming Plax for being a complete knucklehead and ultimate ME guy. just wondering. Does Plax play bass and was he the guy in the parking lot? WTF are we talking about....WOW!
</P>

lmao. yeah your right, but just like conversations can swing in different directions (some totally off topic,) threads can too. but now that you mention it, i'm sure my ex would love, the "bat," plax is swinging, lol.</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 01:18 PM
</P>

LOL.......The conversation DID evolve into something else, but it was ALL related. It's all about taking pride in yourself and representing yourself in a well adjusted and professional manner DESPITE being "wronged" by the world.</P>

nycsportzfan
04-04-2009, 01:21 PM
This is a joke right ? The guy has a horrible attitude. As a football player he is great, but go ask the Giants and Steelers how is attitude is.no, unfortunelty its somone who knows he has been wrong backing plax through all his mishaps, and now this thread is his last hope of trying to make believers about the whole situation not being on plaxs shoulders alone, actually, i guess that is a joke..lol Most of us knew and have been saying since he shot our season down, that its time to let him go, and people still wanted to forget that, saying crock things, like plax is a deep threat and plax is going to learn lesson, and plax this, and plax that, bottom line is all that said we should drop plax right when shooting happened, WERE RIGHT ON!

NewYorkDave
</P>

LOL.......The conversation DID evolve into something else, but it was ALL related. It's all about taking pride in yourself and representing yourself in a well adjusted and professional manner DESPITE being "wronged" by the world.</P>

</P>

Pansy</P>

FBomb

</P>

</P>

Yeah it did I want to hear about what you guys think of Plax not your pathetic personel lives. Maybe if you guys got the **** out of the house and actually listened to your women you wouldn't be alone.</P>

Now where are the other pansy liberal idiots who want to blame the NFL for Plaxico?</P>

</P>

So don't ****ing read it a-hole....and "listening to your women" is precisley what ****ed things up in the first place. </P>

</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 01:23 PM
</P>

</P>

Pansy</P>

</P>

Moron. Sorry the connection was over your head. Now, go ask Rush what your next respones should be.</P>

bandwgn86
04-04-2009, 01:24 PM

</P>

i agree....but this will only happen to those that have issues to start with.there are many stars that make it through just fine...and why does it seem its almost always the wr's with issues. </P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 01:27 PM

</P>

i agree....but this will only happen to those that have issues to start with.there are many stars that make it through just fine...and why does it seem its almost always the wr's with issues. </P>

</P>

ThatIS strange. Most of the troubled ME players are WR. I wonder why that is?</P>

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 01:32 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

YOU SEEM LIKE A REAL ****** BAG DAVE. YOUR HUSBAND MUST BE A VERY PATIENT PERSON. you post as if you know anything about woman, a man in drag doesn't count, so if you want to be some *****'s servant why not go straight for a while, give it a try, and get back to me, let me know how you made out jack ***.</P>

NewYorkDave
04-04-2009, 01:32 PM
This is a joke right ? The guy has a horrible attitude. As a football player he is great, but go ask the Giants and Steelers how is attitude is.no, unfortunelty its somone who knows he has been wrong backing plax through all his mishaps, and now this thread is his last hope of trying to make believers about the whole situation not being on plaxs shoulders alone, actually, i guess that is a joke..lol Most of us knew and have been saying since he shot our season down, that its time to let him go, and people still wanted to forget that, saying crock things, like plax is a deep threat and plax is going to learn lesson, and plax this, and plax that, bottom line is all that said we should drop plax right when shooting happened, WERE RIGHT ON!
</P>

I agree 1000 percent! The Giants have a history of being a stand up blue collarfranchise but have recently fallen victim to the dark side of the NFL with their million dollar athletes getting arrested like morons and PSL's. We may never get back to being the blue collar team we once were but we definitely should not but up with delinquent behavior. The NFL needs to stop trying to fix these players and put in place a zero tolerance law by sayingif you are <U>convicted</U> of a felony you lose theright of playing pro ball. Now Plax deserves due process and him being cut was a team decision though. Its not like he is a 22 year old kid though. He is 31 years old and if guys like him and Michael Vick have not learned how to act by now then they need to be dealt with. They are grown adults! Vick should never be reinstated and if Plax is convicted then I am sorry but the league has gotten so bad concerning the criminal actions of its athletes that a line needs to be drawn. That is the best wya the NFL can teach these guys....by making them live with the regret.</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 01:35 PM
</P>

I agree 1000 percent! The Giants have a history of being a stand up blue collarfranchise but have recently fallen victim to the dark side of the NFL with their million dollar athletes getting arrested like morons and PSL's. We may never get back to being the blue collar team we once were but we definitely should not but up with delinquent behavior. The NFL needs to stop trying to fix these players and put in place a zero tolerance law by sayingif you are <U>convicted</U> of a felony you lose theright of playing pro ball. Now Plax deserves due process and him being cut was a team decision though. Its not like he is a 22 year old kid though. He is 31 years old and if guys like him and Michael Vick have not learned how to act by now then they need to be dealt with. They are grown adults! Vick should never be reinstated and if Plax is convicted then I am sorry but the league has gotten so bad concerning the criminal actions of its athletes that a line needs to be drawn. That is the best wya the NFL can teach these guys....by making them live with the regret.</P>

</P>

Now, why couldn't you just say that in the first place? I agree 100%. </P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 01:35 PM
</P>

</P>

Double post [:$]</P>

NewYorkDave
04-04-2009, 01:36 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

YOU SEEM LIKE A REAL ****** BAG DAVE. YOUR HUSBAND MUST BE A VERY PATIENT PERSON. you post as if you know anything about woman, a man in drag doesn't count, so if you want to be some *****'s servant why not go straight for a while, give it a try, and get back to me, let me know how you made out jack ***.</P>

</P>

Typical response by someone who has nothing to add. I may have been a little harsh but listen to yourself for crying out loud. Maybe there was a reason your woman stepped out on you. Did you ever think of that. I am not saying it is right but perhaps you had something to do with her cheating on you.....or was that George Bush's fault too?</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 01:38 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Typical response by someone who has nothing to add. I may have been a little harsh but listen to yourself for crying out loud. Maybe there was a reason your woman stepped out on you. Did you ever think of that. I am not saying it is right but perhaps you had something to do with her cheating on you.....or was that George Bush's fault too?</P>

</P>

Leave the politics at the doorstep,Mr Hannity.</P>

He was wrong to make assumptions about your sexuality, but youare equally as wrong. </P>

Mod_C
04-04-2009, 01:41 PM
PEOPLE

Rule #1 around here

NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION

FBomb
04-04-2009, 01:44 PM
PEOPLE

Rule #1 around here

NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION
</P>

I tried to help, sir! [;)]</P>

http://baseballsnatcher.mlblogs.com/Salute.jpg</P>

NewYorkDave
04-04-2009, 01:46 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

I am just tired of people saying that that is cold blooded right wing thinking. I have no sympathy at all for tese guys. They blow the golden opportunity of a lifetime and then people want to blame the NFL? Is amazing what this country has turned into. I have compasion but not for Plaxico. I have compassion for the family that i ruined because of Dante Stallworth. I have compassion for the dogs that were bruitally murdered by Vick. Plaxico may not have hurt anyone but he thought he was above the law. Which is something else I have a great amount of compassion for because our legal system has raped the letter of the law. If I did what Plax did I am already serving the 3.5 years in jail and that is what disgusts me more then anything. These guys think they are targeted by police and the government but even during this whole ordeal Plaxico has a leg up on the average person. e will msot likely get 90 days and get to play again making millions. Maybe he learns his lesson maybe he doesn't it doesn't matter to me because he never got will never get what he deserves</P>

sharick88
04-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Plaxico did this to himself. The Giants did the right thing by letting him go. That is all I will say about it. This is a business and the FO did not want to be held hostage by his situation. I like Plax as a person because I've met him, but this is all on him for ****ing up</P>

sharick88
04-04-2009, 01:48 PM
PEOPLE

Rule #1 around here

NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION
</P>

I tried to help, sir! [;)]</P>

http://baseballsnatcher.mlblogs.com/Salute.jpg</P>

</P>

Didn't know you were in the GMB chain of command LOL!!</P>

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 01:48 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

is your husband a politician? sounds like he must have left a bad taste in your mouth, besides the taste his "love," must have left. the only thing my ex and bush have in common, is that some other people were pounding her's (bush, that is, lol.) you don't win this one, so quit trying to rationalize the fact some woman don't need a reason besides liking to ****, to step out, and the fact you are posting rude remarks to people who weren't even including you in their conversation. you attacked first, you were retaliated on, and TOLD. NEXT...........</P>

NewYorkDave
04-04-2009, 01:49 PM
PEOPLE

Rule #1 around here

NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION
</P>

But you allow homophobic rants? Nice</P>

Mod_C
04-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Let's all be civil here

FBomb
04-04-2009, 01:50 PM
</P>

</P>

</P>

I am just tired of people saying that that is cold blooded right wing thinking. I have no sympathy at all for tese guys. They blow the golden opportunity of a lifetime and then people want to blame the NFL? Is amazing what this country has turned into. I have compasion but not for Plaxico. I have compassion for the family that i ruined because of Dante Stallworth. I have compassion for the dogs that were bruitally murdered by Vick. Plaxico may not have hurt anyone but he thought he was above the law. Which is something else I have a great amount of compassion for because our legal system has raped the letter of the law. If I did what Plax did I am already serving the 3.5 years in jail and that is what disgusts me more then anything. These guys think they are targeted by police and the government but even during this whole ordeal Plaxico has a leg up on the average person. e will msot likely get 90 days and get to play again making millions. Maybe he learns his lesson maybe he doesn't it doesn't matter to me because he never got will never get what he deserves</P>

</P>

That is an interesting point of view coming from someone of your political beliefs. Not trying to start anything, but OTHER conservatives have come to Plax's defense because of the gun laws. </P>

I agree with you on this post, btw. Just thought it was interesting after you made everyone painfully aware of your politics.</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 01:51 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

is your husband a politician? sounds like he must have left a bad taste in your mouth, besides the taste his "love," must have left. the only thing my ex and bush have in common, is that some other people were pounding her's (bush, that is, lol.) you don't win this one, so quit trying to rationalize the fact some woman don't need a reason besides liking to ****, to step out, and the fact you are posting rude remarks to people who weren't even including you in their conversation. you attacked first, you were retaliated on, and TOLD. NEXT...........</P>

</P>

Let it go bra. You can't win this one. The mods are watching and you'll both end up getting a vacation.</P>

FBomb
04-04-2009, 01:53 PM
PEOPLE

Rule #1 around here

NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION
</P>

</P>

I will say to you what I said to the other.........let it go. You can't win this arguement. The mods are paying attention to this thread and you'll end up with a "vacation" from the boards.</P>

NewYorkDave
04-04-2009, 01:53 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Where are the MOD's on this one? What if I or someone else here was gay? You are basically saying that here is something wrong with that. I have nothing to prove to you. You were going on like a little baby about your woman and I was trying to talk football. </P>

eli#10nyg
04-04-2009, 01:54 PM
PEOPLE

Rule #1 around here

NO POLITICAL DISCUSSION
</P>

</P>

i'm not homophobic at all, i don't fear or dislike homosexuals. i just don't like you and i think you are of a not so straight origin, don't puta political, lol, spin on it!</P>

Grande Azul
04-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm glad that Plax is gone but his talent will be missed not his distractions. Plax never trained in NY in the off-season seemed eager to leave early, late for countless meetings, hated practice and short of the SB year were he played hurt missing practice in lieu of watching game tape from home never really embraced this organization or the fan base. I've met him in coral gables when he was training at miami with Shockey and he seemed aloof maybe even affable but not comitted. That's how it goes with some talented guys they take for granted that they're good and fail to work hard to be the very best and by working hard I mean attention to detail that all the greats seam to address. When I met Sean Taylor he was very much like Plax in the sense that he'd make bad decsion (DUI) after bad decsion (when he was arrested for armed assault and agreed to a plea bargain). Sean took that second chance and became dedicated unfortunately fate intervened. Plax may not have enough time to turn it around as he'll be 33 by the time he plays again with too bad ankles a bad back and a healed, self inflicted gun shot wound to the thigh that once again could have been much worse if fate didn't intervene. Thanks for the memories you now are one!

Mod_C
04-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Thread will be locked to avoid further problems

Apologies to RoanokeFan