PDA

View Full Version : Reason why 2012 has been a disaster !

sheepdip
12-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Its hard to think that every player are on our team is terrible. But think about it who has played well ??? no one. Cruz has had some solid #s but where is he now.

I know ppl think its this player or that player etc. But to me if the entire roster is playing badly then that has to be coaching. Schemes aren't right, play calling doesnt match personnel, coaches are constantly being out coached every week and we play overall as a team that is a step behind our opponents.

Look at Ravens game as an example, they attacked webster and it worked out brilliantly and were way more physical then us and look at the final score.
When is the last time you have seen Fewel or killdrive attack 1 person or weakness ? I am sorry I am not a strong believer in these coaches and always questioned them from the get go.

Giants could get crushed today or they could win and have a miracle and make it in and win the whole thing for all i know and I would be eating my words. But difference between last year and 07 is our offense was able to get first downs and our defense was able to get some stops here and there. not this years team.

Flip Empty
12-30-2012, 11:11 AM
People have been preaching this all season.

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 11:56 AM
I dont understand the blame the coaching philosophy coaching looked just fine in the playoffs last season. Why is it so hard to admit that the players on this roster got old and are injury prone. Justin Tuck is finished, Osi is now a lower tier pass rusher , your best safety never plays ,When u build your team on your Defensive ends and they arent any good the defense wont be any good.
On offense Hakeem Nicks is the best receiver on the team and he hasnt been right all season.The 20 million dollar "Elite" QB should be able to raise the teams play but he didnt this on the players they arent making plays.The Giants have not matched the other teams intensity in weeks. No scheme in the world can cover up players that dont play hard

Rudyy
12-30-2012, 12:02 PM
I dont understand the blame the coaching philosophy coaching looked just fine in the playoffs last season. Why is it so hard to admit that the players on this roster got old and are injury prone. Justin Tuck is finished, Osi is now a lower tier pass rusher , your best safety never plays ,When u build your team on your Defensive ends and they arent any good the defense wont be any good.On offense Hakeem Nicks is the best receiver on the team and he hasnt been right all season.The 20 million dollar "Elite" QB should be able to raise the teams play but he didnt this on the players they arent making plays.The Giants have not matched the other teams intensity in weeks. No scheme in the world can cover up players that dont play hardEli can show up with intensity and be a leader all he wants. If you're injured, you're injured. Intensity and leadership won't fix that. If you're old, you're old. One single person cannot be responsible for making a hobbled Hakeem Nicks play better. Who is to say that he hasn't tried being a leader anyway?

GameTime
12-30-2012, 12:03 PM
its a group effort in winning and losing...
all are involved....

GMENAGAIN
12-30-2012, 12:04 PM
I dont understand the blame the coaching philosophy coaching looked just fine in the playoffs last season. Why is it so hard to admit that the players on this roster got old and are injury prone. Justin Tuck is finished, Osi is now a lower tier pass rusher , your best safety never plays ,When u build your team on your Defensive ends and they arent any good the defense wont be any good.
On offense Hakeem Nicks is the best receiver on the team and he hasnt been right all season.The 20 million dollar "Elite" QB should be able to raise the teams play but he didnt this on the players they arent making plays.The Giants have not matched the other teams intensity in weeks. No scheme in the world can cover up players that dont play hard

Totally agree . . . toss in Webster's decline and Snee playing with a torn hip labrum, and you have most of your key players not making much of a contribution. No amount of coaching can change that.

mainefan
12-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Right on the money. Tuck is finished. Webster is toast. Osi only tries on occasion.Etc. Eli is paid too much for how he performs. His superbowls paid off, now its time to move on. For what we're paying him, we could get some excellent talent.

M00KIE
12-30-2012, 12:16 PM
I'll tell you what happened, we lost a couple games that we should have never lost. With the schedule we had, I'm pretty sure most of us knew we had to beat the lesser teams and do much better in the division to brace for some losses in the last 1/4 of the year especially. Losing to the Bengals hurt, but most of all our Div killed us.

VBGiantsFan
12-30-2012, 12:20 PM
1. Look at Eli Manning stats first half vs second half
2. Look at running backs stats all season
3. Look at pass rush stats all season
4. Look at rushing against stats all season
5. Look at strength of schedule first vs second half

BleedinBlue72
12-30-2012, 12:21 PM
ALSO REMEMBER!!!! we are the defending World Champions with a HUGE target on our backs!!!

gumby74
12-30-2012, 12:29 PM
2012 imo was a disaster not necessarily because we didn't make the playoffs but because all of a sudden players who we thought we be cornerstones/contributors are no longer valuable. This means dline specifically. If we keep the same scheme with this whole live and die by the front 4, it's going to take another 2 years to re-tool. This is the worst thing that could have happened given the number of free agents coming up. 2012 also left us with questions about Eli Manning. After 2011, all of us had hopes that Eli would be 2011 Eli going forward. Now, a lot of us are wondering if he has regressed.

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 12:31 PM
I'll tell you what happened, we lost a couple games that we should have never lost. With the schedule we had, I'm pretty sure most of us knew we had to beat the lesser teams and do much better in the division to brace for some losses in the last 1/4 of the year especially. Losing to the Bengals hurt, but most of all our Div killed us.They totally blew the Eagle game at the end with Bardens penalty. No reason to throw the ball into the endzone in that situation

krygny
12-30-2012, 12:34 PM
I'll tell you what happened, we lost a couple games that we should have never lost. With the schedule we had, I'm pretty sure most of us knew we had to beat the lesser teams and do much better in the division to brace for some losses in the last 1/4 of the year especially. Losing to the Bengals hurt, but most of all our Div killed us.

You almost always lose a game or two you should win and win a game or two you should have lost (e.g., 2nd game with Dallas). It usually evens out. You are what your record is.

It would have been understandable for the Giants to lose the past two week because they lost to two very good playoff teams. What's so baffling is their performances in those two games. Nobody, not even Coughlin, knows why they've played so badly the past two games. Of course, most of the geniuses here in this forum have all the answers.

If somehow they make the playoffs, then they deserve to. If for no other reason, because Chicago, Dallas or Minnesota don't deserve to. That would be good enough for me. But they look beaten and this looks like a monumental collapse. We'll see.