PDA

View Full Version : So Long, Goodbye.

DayOneGiant
12-30-2012, 01:12 PM
After the past two games I have no faith left in the 2012 Giants. Hopefully they can end the season with a win. So I will watch them play their last game with a gut full of booze & bid them farewell until next year in desperate hopes that some player & coaching changes are made so that we have a product to be truly excited about next year. Bring on the long dreaded offseason.

M00KIE
12-30-2012, 01:14 PM
....and if they win and the early games fall our way? Will you be too drunk to watch tonights game with some hope? :cool:

ibbill
12-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Just heard a old player on the wgr radio say a lot of the players around the league will just try and not get hurt and could care less about the score.
Missed the guys name sorry about that.
Go figure.

DayOneGiant
12-30-2012, 01:18 PM
....and if they win and the early games fall our way? Will you be too drunk to watch tonights game with some hope? :cool:

I sure hope not, I may just wake up to check the score & blackout again. Go G-Men.

bearbryant
12-30-2012, 01:19 PM
When you try not to get hurt is when you get hurt!

M00KIE
12-30-2012, 01:22 PM
When you try not to get hurt is when you get hurt!

True...

DayOneGiant
12-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Just heard a old player on the wgr radio say a lot of the players around the league will just try and not get hurt and could care less about the score.
Missed the guys name sorry about that.
Go figure.

You know, if this league's players were paid based on their performance week in/week out then we wouldn't have to worry about too many players taking that approach to the game. Possibly giving each player a base salary dependent on the value of that player & then forming some type of commision based on play. The game would be more competitive & entertaining. It would be better for the organization, the league & its fans. Just think about that.....hypothetically of course. Go GMEN....COME ON COREY WEBSTER I AM KEEPING THE FAITH!!!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-30-2012, 01:35 PM
You know, if this league's players were paid based on their performance week in/week out then we wouldn't have to worry about too many players taking that approach to the game. Possibly giving each player a base salary dependent on the value of that player & then forming some type of commision based on play. The game would be more competitive & entertaining. It would be better for the organization, the league & its fans. Just think about that.....hypothetically of course. Go GMEN....COME ON COREY WEBSTER I AM KEEPING THE FAITH!!!!!That is a great idea! But, what happens if they get injured?

BigBlue1971
12-30-2012, 01:35 PM
dont booze it up too much!

we still have a chance......with a little help.

DayOneGiant
12-30-2012, 01:52 PM
That is a great idea! But, what happens if they get injured?

Corey Websters not hurt, but with the way he's playing does it even matter? Not to single him out, but just an example. And it was a hypothetical, but I know it isnt as good as the pay structure now. If you dont believe me just ask Albert Haynesworth or Nnamdi Asomugha they love the way things are now & would shun even fathoming a commisioned based pay structure.