PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hoping for a loss?

80and88
12-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Anyone hoping for a loss? Hear me out. I am a devoted Giants fan, so much so that much like some of you, I have a room dedicated to them in my house. Complete with NY Giants color paint, fat heads autographs you
name it.

With that being said, I don't think they deserve to be in the playoffs. These last two weeks have been an embarrassment for one reason or the other. Can they sneak into the playoffs and go on a run? We've seen it before, none of us would mind seeing it again. To me though, the laughing and smiling on the sidelines (boley) when the defense was getting shredded last week was the nail in the coughlin ( I mean coffin) Sorry I couldn't resist, I'm a coughlin supporter so no worries there.

So back to the thread title, Wouldn't an 8-8 draft pick be worth more to us than a 9-7 draft pick? Maybe not, but the 8-8 draft pick gets us closer to the talent we require on Defense. (maybe it's only one spot higher in the draft, but it would make it easier to move in the draft, we we wanted to) Our last 8-8 pick was JPP as you all know. Reese drafts BPA, We need a solid pass rusher, CB, and an Olinemen in the early rounds (1, 2, and 3) Maybe in that order if the players are there.

Maybe the difference between 8-8 and 9-7 in terms of drafts picks isn't that great and historically the Giants don't have a history (recent history) of moving around in the draft (which it seems a lot of other teams do).

The pieces are in place for this offense to get going again, we’ve all seen that if Eli is given time he'll shred any defense, but a lot of QBs can do that. With that said, obviously Diehl is gonzo, Say what you want about Baas, but he is serviceable, as is booth. Snee has 1 maybe two more years left. It's time to see what we have in James Brewer and even Jim Cordle.

Defensively we have the pieces in place along the line here too. Osi isn't coming back and I believe unless Tuck has a 5 sack performance against Vick this afternoon, he's gone to. We will tade him as someone will take him. It's time Marvin Austin shows himself next season, if not it'll be his last. He was drafted as Canty's replacement. I'm up in the air if Canty should or will return. Canty is a beast (and I love the guy) but unless he restructures his contract (given our cap issues) he might be a cap casualty.

Our secondary, if we could stay healthy for one friggen season really isn't that bad (on paper) KP is an above average safety, and Trell (love him or hate him) is exceptional, especially in run support and to the fact that he is NEVER injured. Hosely will come around and Prince is by far our best corner. Cwebb?? He's gone. Draft another corner high in the draft as his replacement. Stevie brown resign.

Everyone on these boards always talks about an elite mike backer, or "we need LB's") we don't actually if we have a pass rush. This isn't new news to any of us. we can get by with average to above average LBs if we have a dominant front 4. Chase, I love the guy but we can do better, as smart as he is he's equally in ept in coverage. Keith Rivers is Boley 2.0, if the guy can somehow stay on the field. Kiwi should have his hands in the dirt and be a part of the DL/DE rotation. He's not a LBr. Find someone else for the weakside.

I have no doubt that teams like the Redskins and Seahawks will have sophomore slumps, much like Carolina did this year. Teams will have film on RGIII and Wilson. We will draft accordingly to combat RGIII.

My rant, it's sorta all over the place as I'm a long time lurker but rarely post.

I want a win today, but deep down I want the draft positioning more.

penguinfarmer
12-30-2012, 01:31 PM
I prefer to be picking at #32 every year, or at least go out on the field and try to. It amazes me how people can undermine themselves with this argument.

BigBlue1971
12-30-2012, 01:33 PM
no!

TroyArcher
12-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Can you really root for the Eagles to beat the Giants once the game starts? Do you want to see Vick, Jackson... celebrating in Giants stadium?

GameTime
12-30-2012, 01:35 PM
**** that...
win.....

Kez Simpson
12-30-2012, 01:38 PM
Why in blue hell would you want to lose regardless of the circumstances? Draft picks you talking about draft pick? I just want them to win another game.

80and88
12-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Jackson's on IR dude. :)

80and88
12-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Relax guys, jeesh. I said in my last line that I want a win, but I want the draft positioning more. This year's team is toast, you've all seen it. I guess to each his own.

Kez Simpson
12-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Relax guys, jeesh. I said in my last line that I want a win, but I want the draft positioning more. This year's team is toast, you've all seen it. I guess to each his own.

Draft position means nothing, they are all college players who were good in college don't know how they will pan out in the NFL, or be a instant success.

M00KIE
12-30-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm tired of this "deserve/don't deserve" nonsense. There's teams in the playoffs every year that "don't deserve" to be there. You get in and it's a new season. You never hope to lose as long as there's a mathematical chance and these threads are tiresome.

penguinfarmer
12-30-2012, 01:43 PM

One statement contradicts the other.

80and88
12-30-2012, 01:44 PM
I can agree with that.

80and88
12-30-2012, 01:45 PM
One statement contradicts the other.

Not really. I want a win, but I want the draft positioning more. No contradiction whatsoever.

Kez Simpson
12-30-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm tired of this "deserve/don't deserve" nonsense. There's teams in the playoffs every year that "don't deserve" to be there. You get in and it's a new season. You never hope to lose as long as there's a mathematical chance and these threads are tiresome.

This.

Roosevelt
12-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Believe it or not we had someone on this board who wanted us to lose the Pasckers in the NFC championship game in 2007 so we wouldn't be known as the team that lost to the Patriots in the SB.

I never wish for us to lose.

I'm hoping we are playing next week.

Kez Simpson
12-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Believe it or not we had someone on this board who wanted us to lose the Pasckers in the NFC championship game in 2007 so we wouldn't be known as the team that lost to the Patriots in the SB.

I never wish for us to lose.

I'm hoping we are playing next week.

That's terrible, where's that bloke now?

penguinfarmer
12-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Not really. I want a win, but I want the draft positioning more. No contradiction whatsoever.

Grow a set and pick one. Picking both is a cowardice move to grant yourself a win-win situation.

Choice A - you be a fan and do the ghastly and absurd thing and actually root for your team
Choice B - hope Giants move up a few slots in an incredibly weak draft class

FBomb
12-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Against the EAGLES??? Are you ****ing kidding me with this?!!

GO GIANTS!!!!

KillaRich
12-30-2012, 01:54 PM
I have learned after being a Giants fan ...just get in and see what happens...some of us never learn...although this year we need tons of help to get in but if we do im all in for the playoffs

penguinfarmer
12-30-2012, 01:55 PM

:beer: < supposed to be the beer icon

ShakeandBake
12-30-2012, 01:57 PM
I want Andy Reid to end his career with Philthy with a big fat L. We better show up today!

FBomb
12-30-2012, 02:01 PM
I want Andy Reid to end his career with Philthy with a big fat L. We better show up today!

**** YEAH!!! AND VICKY TOO!!!

clawwolf
12-30-2012, 02:03 PM
This logic blows me away. I'm so sick of these f*%{*! threads. WIN. WIN. WIN.

Go big blue!

80and88
12-30-2012, 02:12 PM
I can understand everyone's argument. It was something that was eating away at me and I wanted everyone's thoughts on it. I appreciate the feedback. Looks like my feelings were in the wrong based on the feedback. You guys much like my giants mean a lot to me.Regards.

80and88
12-30-2012, 02:15 PM
And honestly, i just went upstairs and my wife was crying thinking they better show up and win for all those families and children as a result of the shootings in Connecticut.

SiddFinch1
12-30-2012, 02:54 PM
No. The difference I. Picks not worth it. Go out with a win and maybe get lucky and go to post season