PDA

View Full Version : BRING BLACKBURN BACK

LoveRack
12-30-2012, 03:51 PM
weather giants make playoffs or not they have to bring blackburn back hes a good mlb

WiIdcat
12-30-2012, 03:53 PM
He is horrible. Good thing you're not the GM.

LoveRack
12-30-2012, 03:55 PM
hes not horrible,, good mlb,,, not great but good,, this isnt madden cant trade give huge contracts,, for the price hes a good mlb

FBomb
12-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Blackburn is all heart and a great leader......but he's NOT a great MLB. Would love to have him back as a backup and player/coach.....but we need to stud up at LB.

LoveRack
12-30-2012, 03:57 PM
at what price fbomb others have to be paid too

ImElectric2
12-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Always take a guy seriously who downs another's opinion but unabashedly puts his "if I were GM" picks as his signature. Blackburn looks great today and even if we draft or sign a superior athlete to take the spot as starting MLB I think you could do a lot worse than Chase as backup. If we don't find someone to replace Chase I wouldn't mind keeping him around. Pierce wasn't exactly fast either and was known to blowup plays similarly to Chase. Never had his hands on the ball as much as Chase either.

WiIdcat
12-30-2012, 03:58 PM
Blackburn is all heart and a great leader......but he's NOT a great MLB. Would love to have him back as a backup and player/coach.....but we need to stud up at LB.

+1 he would be a solid backup because of his experience, passion, and leadership but nothing else. He is very mediocre.

WiIdcat
12-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Always take a guy seriously who downs another's opinion but unabashedly puts his "if I were GM" picks as his signature. Blackburn looks great today and even if we draft or sign a superior athlete to take the spot as starting MLB I think you could do a lot worse than Chase as backup. If we don't find someone to replace Chase I wouldn't mind keeping him around. Pierce wasn't exactly fast either and was known to blowup plays similarly to Chase. Never had his hands on the ball as much as Chase either.

It's not my opinion. It's a fact. Pro Football Focus, a scouting service that the Giants pay for, has Blackburn ranked as the 30th ranked MLB in the league this year (with at least 50% of the defensive snaps). There isn't much worse than him.

ImElectric2
12-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Oh really? It's fact because someone else ranked him based on stats? Way to take down your sig with GM picks.

ImElectric2
12-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Where'd that agency rank Cruz coming out of college?

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Always take a guy seriously who downs another's opinion but unabashedly puts his "if I were GM" picks as his signature. Blackburn looks great today and even if we draft or sign a superior athlete to take the spot as starting MLB I think you could do a lot worse than Chase as backup. If we don't find someone to replace Chase I wouldn't mind keeping him around. Pierce wasn't exactly fast either and was known to blowup plays similarly to Chase. Never had his hands on the ball as much as Chase either.He never gets deep enough in his zone drops

ImElectric2
As Chase makes a tackle for a loss of 3...

ImElectric2
He never gets deep enough in his zone dropsDid Pierce?

WiIdcat
12-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Oh really? It's fact because someone else ranked him based on stats? Way to take down your sig with GM picks.

What sig? And it's not based on stats. PFF is a professional scouting service that watches every player in the league on every snap of every game and grades them. The Giants use this service it is not some biased unprofessional opinion...

WiIdcat
12-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Where'd that agency rank Cruz coming out of college?

They scout NFL only.

ImElectric2
12-30-2012, 04:08 PM
What sig? And it's not based on stats. PFF is a professional scouting service that watches every player in the league on every snap of every game and grades them. The Giants use this service it is not some biased unprofessional opinion...You're officially clown shoes. You're gonna act like your sig didn't say all the players we should cut and sign and draft?

ImElectric2
12-30-2012, 04:09 PM
As Blackburn blows up the play and brings Vick to the ground...

Redeyejedi
Did Pierce?So because 1 guy didnt we shouldnt get a guy that does great logic. U guys always see the plays he makes but either dont see or ignore the 1's he doesnt. Those are the 1's that are killing the defense

WiIdcat
You're officially clown shoes. You're gonna act like your sig didn't say all the players we should cut and sign and draft?

Maybe you saw someone else's sig? How about you get back on topic... or was it your intention to change the subject?

ImElectric2
12-30-2012, 04:13 PM
So because 1 guy didnt we shouldnt get a guy that does great logic. U guys always see the plays he makes but either dont see or ignore the 1's he doesnt. Those are the 1's that are killing the defenseThat's not what Im getting at. I agree he leaves a lot to be desired but that doesn't mean he's as awful as some suggest. Believe me, I've called for his head plenty of times this year. He's been.just a tick or 2 too slow a LOT. I think we can do better and could shore up the D with a better MLB, but let's not ignore some of the intangibles that couple with the plays he does make. I only use pierce because of what he meant to this team and how so many are so willing to forget the deficiencies of the beloved giants.

WiIdcat
12-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Anyway I don't mean to start any arguments with fellow giants fans. I guess my opinion is that Blackburn isn't that good. He has made some good plays for us but we could use an upgrade.

ImElectric2
12-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Maybe you saw someone else's sig? How about you get back on topic... or was it your intention to change the subject?My intention is to leave you to your devices. Your decision to remove your sig and then deny its existence speaks volumes about your character and the credibility of your opinion. I'll agree to disagree with you and never debate with you again. Go giants. I'm.sure we at least both agree on that.

FBomb
12-30-2012, 04:16 PM
:popcorn: