PDA

View Full Version : #1 Offseason Priority? Fixing the 2nd Half Collapses

Overdrive92
12-30-2012, 05:17 PM
We missed the Playoffs because of another 2nd half collapse. No way around it. It happened last year too, but last year 9-7 was good enough to get in. This year it wasn't.

The #1 priority for Coughlin this offseason must be figuring out why these 2nd half collapses are happening EVERY. STICKIN'. YEAR. They need to figure out why it's happening and correct it. Because enough is enough.

L.T.56
12-30-2012, 05:19 PM
secondary and bad execution/coordinators

Rudyy
12-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Agreed.

BigBlue1971
12-30-2012, 05:22 PM
i just hope these current players dont think about the 2nd half collapses going into future seasons!

they just need to win their 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th games. that will get over it

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 05:24 PM
We missed the Playoffs because of another 2nd half collapse. No way around it. It happened last year too, but last year 9-7 was good enough to get in. This year it wasn't.

The #1 priority for Coughlin this offseason must be figuring out why these 2nd half collapses are happening EVERY. STICKIN'. YEAR. They need to figure out why it's happening and correct it. Because enough is enough.Coughlin has not been able to figure it out for 7 out of 9 years. Maybe he is the problem? Just saying. The players have changed since then and the only constant is the HC. Oh well.. I guess when you are the problem, you do not want to admit it. Just human nature.

G-Men Surg.
12-30-2012, 05:24 PM
That looks to be a monumental issue year in and year out. Sad part is nobody on this team seems how to fix it . Any suggestions ? It sure looks the team will appreciate it !

SweetZombieJesus
12-30-2012, 05:25 PM
It's happened EVERY YEAR under Coughlin. They have no answers.

BigBlueAllDay
12-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Some players that have been on the team too long have to go. The hunger to win it all has to be there. Plain and simple.

myles2424
12-30-2012, 05:27 PM
its just amazing to me, talent is obviously there...Stink it up a million times throughout the season, & we wait until the end of the season to make adjustments???? Same thing last year, we have to have our backs against the wall to actually show some heart? Theres no excuse for a talented team like ours to have our season in the hands of the lions, no excuse!

ELI_HOF_NYG
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
we need more players on this team without super bowl rings on their fingers,,you know the kind of players that come to play with that hunger to win.

nycisgreat
12-30-2012, 05:30 PM
secondary and bad execution/coordinators

+1

sharick88
12-30-2012, 05:31 PM

The #1 priority for Coughlin this offseason must be figuring out why these 2nd half collapses are happening EVERY. STICKIN'. YEAR. They need to figure out why it's happening and correct it. Because enough is enough.

He hasn't figured it out after all of this time. I doubt he will figure it out this offseason.

Pop it Ahmad
we need more players on this team without super bowl rings on their fingers,,you know the kind of players that come to play with that hunger to win.

True. We need to bring in some veterans (not old, maybe 29-32 year old range) who is dying for a ring. Hungry players. The Giants weren't hungry this year.

bleeding blue
Week 9 is the week where **** goes south. Forgot the record I saw but something like 1-14 over the last 15 wk 9 games.

nycisgreat
12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
It's happened EVERY YEAR under Coughlin. They have no answers.

I think hiring young innovative coordinators is worth shot, but I am pretty sure our current coordinators will be back next season.

sharick88
12-30-2012, 05:35 PM
I think hiring young innovative coordinators is worth shot, but I am pretty sure our current coordinators will be back next season.

Coughlin is riding with Fewell and Gilbride. Of course I don't like that one damn bit either.

G-MANning4Life
12-30-2012, 05:38 PM
its just amazing to me, talent is obviously there...Stink it up a million times throughout the season, & we wait until the end of the season to make adjustments???? Same thing last year, we have to have our backs against the wall to actually show some heart? Theres no excuse for a talented team like ours to have our season in the hands of the lions, no excuse!
In the hands of anybody for that matter. It's clear that us fans know the issue, so the NYG organization has to know. It's all about making the adjustments and changes in coaching staff if necessary.

bearbryant
12-30-2012, 05:39 PM
TC has no idea why we're like this. That tells me he's not seeing what many others are seeing. Look at the game today. Did our secondary look weak, old and incapable? Did the LB corp look unable to stop the run. Did most of the O line look like a good working group? Today we didn't see the issues because first the coordinators planned and schemed like no other game and they even made changes during the game. Secondly, since the players were really in the position to make plays they did. Still, this team needs new leadership and needs new talent in spots. W/O it, the same crap happens next year, for sure.

bearbryant
12-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Coughlin is riding with Fewell and Gilbride. Of course I don't like that one damn bit either.

Right, the suits will accept mediocrity not go for the best they can be. Unbelievable

Rudyy
12-30-2012, 05:43 PM
I want to know what TC is looking out, it's obvious to us fans and other analyst what the problem is BUT him.

gumby74
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Here's a thought.

We've had 2nd half collapses because weren't able to get good co-ordinators that were not able to adjust to mid season injury. The only exception to this rule was Spags. His defense for the most part always showed up.

The first year Fewell got here, our defense was for the most part healthy. We were pretty decent. The next few years we had some injuries and we dropped from top 10 to almost last.