PDA

View Full Version : why couldn't we have played like that earlier?

gmenfan0488
12-30-2012, 04:25 PM
We're clearly good enough to be a playoff team, we just came out completely dead against Atlanta and Baltimore. So frustrating.

DayOneGiant
12-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Forget Atlanta & Baltimore. The games that mattered & should have been won were the 1st Eagles game, the Redskin game & the Steelers.

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Because they play to their perceived level of their competition. My theory is that today the Giants overestimated the Eagles because of their past struggles and they just blew the doors off of them. Here's to 2013 though. I don't foresee a change in our inconsistency, but if it doesn't cost us the playoffs again, I think we will contend.

appodictic
12-30-2012, 04:32 PM
The reason is the giants game only drop 50 on teams with mediocer D. They play a good D and they score 0-20. I dont see why people dont get that

BigBlueAllDay
12-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Atlanta and Baltimore are wayyyy > Eagles.

Rudyy
12-30-2012, 04:37 PM
The reason is the giants game only drop 50 on teams with mediocer D. They play a good D and they score 0-20. I dont see why people dont get thatNot true. We destroyed the Niners.

Harooni
egals had little to play for really, but we all know the giants are inconsistent and take plays and days off

titwio
Eagles defense looked atrocious. Not taking anything away from the Giants but, any team in the NFL would have steam rolled that team.

DayOneGiant
12-30-2012, 04:39 PM
egals had little to play for really, but we all know the giants are inconsistent and take plays and days off

Yep.

G-MENBK
Forget Atlanta & Baltimore. The games that mattered & should have been won were the 1st Eagles game, the Redskin game & the Steelers.

How do the Atlanta and Baltimore games not matter? Giants were aware that both the Redskins and Cowboys were catching up to them, and the Giants are capable of playing lights-out football when their backs are to the wall.

That did not come to pass.

appodictic
Not true. We destroyed the Niners. I stand corrected.

Besides the 1 game this year they beat a good defence.
The reason is the giants game only drop 50 on teams with mediocer D. They play a good D and they score 0-20. I dont see why people dont get that.

Rudyy
12-30-2012, 04:40 PM
I stand corrected.

Besides the 1 game this year they beat a good defence.
The reason is the giants game only drop 50 on teams with mediocer D. They play a good D and they score 0-20. I dont see why people dont get that.I see what you're saying, but you're not giving our offense enough credit.

I think we can beat anybody, the problem is consistency from the players and coaches.

jakegibbs
12-30-2012, 04:45 PM
We're clearly good enough to be a playoff team, we just came out completely dead against Atlanta and Baltimore. So frustrating.

Starting Randle instead of nicks really gave the offense a shot in the arm & opened everything up. He'd been playing without practicing during the collaspe & should have been bench 6 weeeks earlier. Doom dispair & agony on all NYG fans for not getting back to the show this year. That team today could have made another post season run. Too little too late. end of story

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 04:49 PM
The Eagles are a bad team.

Rudyy
12-30-2012, 04:50 PM
The Eagles are a bad team.No. The Eagles own the Giants. That is all.

titwio
12-30-2012, 04:50 PM
The Eagles are a bad team.

Beating them this badly though did help soothe some of the burn for this upcoming offseason.

Parademon
12-30-2012, 04:54 PM
How do the Atlanta and Baltimore games not matter? Giants were aware that both the Redskins and Cowboys were catching up to them, and the Giants are capable of playing lights-out football when their backs are to the wall.

That did not come to pass.

They would not have mattered had the Giants won the 3 very winnable games vs Eagles in week 4, the Steelers game where they blew a 20-10 4th qt lead & the Monday nighter vs the Foreskins.. We woulda had 12 wins & the Falcs/Ravens games would not have been must win games.

G-MENBK
12-30-2012, 04:57 PM
They would not have mattered had the Giants won the 3 very winnable games vs Eagles in week 4, the Steelers game where they blew a 20-10 4th qt lead & the Monday nighter vs the Foreskins.. We woulda had 12 wins & the Falcs/Ravens games would not have been must win games.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda but didn't. They knew what was on the line and they proceeded to lay an egg. They win in either Atlanta or Baltimore and we're talking about who we're facing in the playoffs.

Parademon
12-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Deep down, many fans of the other teams making the playoffs all probably breathed a sigh of relief that we aren't going to the dance. As inconsistant as we have been all yr, I'm sure the Giants would have gotten their competitive fire & motivation to try & repeat had they just got that 6th seed.