PDA

View Full Version : Eli Wanted To Cry

Overdrive92
12-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Anyone see Eli's postgame interview? He looked like he wanted to cry towards the end of it, once he started talking about how he liked the guys they have in the locker room and knowing some of them won't be back.

BigBlueAllDay
12-30-2012, 05:41 PM
That'll be short term. Roughly $20 million per year for the next three years will wipe those tears away soon.

Ladder27
12-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Thats cuz he knows DD is gone those to always ride together to the games. Hes losing his best friend.

NYGabriel
12-30-2012, 05:46 PM
I wanted to cry after watching Eli this season.

Harooni
12-30-2012, 05:46 PM
That'll be short term. Roughly $20 million per year for the next three years will wipe those tears away soon. lol, he should have cried last week when it mattered.

G-MANning4Life
12-30-2012, 05:48 PM
lmao, Well I can understand building friendships with these guys, but it's what's best for the team.

Sarcasman
That'll be short term. Roughly $20 million per year for the next three years will wipe those tears away soon.

Top 10 QBs get top 10 money.

BigBlue1971
Eli shouldve been crying all along after the falcons and ravens games.

Moke
12-30-2012, 05:50 PM
POOR ELI. I feel like crying too.

BigBlueAllDay
12-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Top 10 QBs get top 10 money.

I agree. I'd go out and say Eli is top 3 when that offense is clicking.

L.T.56
12-30-2012, 05:52 PM
he just needs to try to be consistent. he still had 26 td's to 15 ints and was close to 4000 yards passing.

jakegibbs
12-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Anyone see Eli's postgame interview? He looked like he wanted to cry towards the end of it, once he started talking about how he liked the guys they have in the locker room and knowing some of them won't be back.

That he would have had if Nicks had been on the bench during the 1 & 4 stretch if Randle had been in his position instead of a 1 legged Nicks. It all starts with the WR in this offesnse & 4 of the last 5 games Nicks had started the offense off with either a drop or a half way run bad route that resulted in putting the Giants beheind the 8 ball to start the game.

New rule next year if a player doesn't practice he don't start. End of story.

Flip Empty
12-30-2012, 05:57 PM

$13 million next year. He's already received the bonus money.

BigBlueAllDay
12-30-2012, 06:00 PM
$13 million next year. He's already received the bonus money.

I'm thinking in terms of the team and the team cap because it's a team game. Otherwise, you are right.

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Top 10 QBs get top 10 money.Problem is he played like a top 20

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Problem is he played like a top 20

I don't agree but certainly one could make an argument that he may not have been top 10 this year. But since it isn't a one year contract the point is moot.

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 06:06 PM
he should have cried less and played with more passion the last few weeks

I think Sandy and NewTown affected Eli more than most.......he was bummed out and passion-less until this week

LT_Hits
12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
That'll be short term. Roughly $20 million per year for the next three years will wipe those tears away soon.No doubt, he should of shaved some of it off to keep Mario Mannningham. Big Ben did it once to keep a needed WR. How can you let a, "Manning to Manningham" get away.

L.T.56
12-30-2012, 06:42 PM
No doubt, he should of shaved some of it off to keep Mario Mannningham. Big Ben did it once to keep a needed WR. How can you let a, "Manning to Manningham" get away.

i think randle can fill manningham's spot just fine. plus idk if manningham will be the same receiver after tearing his acl and lcl in one leg.

bearbryant
12-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Obviously, when this offense is working properly Eli is worth the money. Don't get me wrong, I've come a long way in my view of his value to this team. Initially, I thought we paid too much and got too little for Eli. I glad he's our QB. However, have you ever noticed that their are a few QB's that don't have the poor performances that he's had? Wonder why?

NorwoodBlue
12-30-2012, 06:46 PM
That he would have had if Nicks had been on the bench during the 1 & 4 stretch if Randle had been in his position instead of a 1 legged Nicks. It all starts with the WR in this offesnse & 4 of the last 5 games Nicks had started the offense off with either a drop or a half way run bad route that resulted in putting the Giants beheind the 8 ball to start the game.

New rule next year if a player doesn't practice he don't start. End of story.

I couldn't agree more. Playing injured players who don't practice at all during the week is kiling this team, especially the offense. The D can get a way with a little more; but the offense has to practice together to be in sync.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Problem is he played like a top 20This.

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 06:53 PM
A lot of big dogs in the locker room will be gone, like Tuck, Osi, Diehl, etc. Eli's been with these guys through everything.

Some will call for Eli to cut his salary in order to retain these guys, but honestly, it's time to move on. These guys can't offer us much anymore.

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Anyone see Eli's postgame interview? He looked like he wanted to cry towards the end of it, once he started talking about how he liked the guys they have in the locker room and knowing some of them won't be back.I am sure he is crying all the way to the bank. As far as liking the guys in the locker room, oh well, he will make new friends next year and he will still be crying at the end of the season.

BlueOldSchool
12-30-2012, 06:55 PM

LOL!!! Too funny!

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 06:56 PM
This.

Again for the slow kids in the class. Moot.

barran21
12-30-2012, 06:59 PM
I don't feel bad for him or the team, 3 weeks left and all you needed to do was win 2 games and you didn't even show up, **** them, i hope they feel billion times worst than the fans feel right now **** them...

Cloud57
12-30-2012, 06:59 PM
I am sure he is crying all the way to the bank. As far as liking the guys in the locker room, oh well, he will make new friends next year and he will still be crying at the end of the season.+1

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 07:00 PM
I am sure he is crying all the way to the bank. As far as liking the guys in the locker room, oh well, he will make new friends next year and he will still be crying at the end of the season.

What team do you root for?

Marvelousmik
12-30-2012, 07:04 PM
i dont think he wanted to cry. he will be fine. he has everything guy could ask for in life

NorwoodBlue
12-30-2012, 07:11 PM
He probably wanted to cry because he knew if they'd have given him a healthy WR the last few weeks they'd probably be in the playoffs.

MikeyMike01
12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
It's just been that sort of season.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Again for the slow kids in the class. Moot.He didn't play like a top ten QB. Or do you think he did? Or do you think that they over paid for him? Or why do you care that other players make a lot of money and don't perform to their contract? Lol. So what you are saying is that there is players that make $100 and don't play up to it so the Giants and their fans should just accept it. Ok.

gmen46
12-30-2012, 08:34 PM
No doubt, he should of shaved some of it off to keep Mario Mannningham. Big Ben did it once to keep a needed WR. How can you let a, "Manning to Manningham" get away.

Eli has already restructured his contract once--maybe twice--since he signed his 2009 contract, in order to allow more cap room. Can't remember which year(s), but I believe he did it at least once in 2011.

Randle has already, in just his rookie year, proven himself to be as valuable and more so than MM. Manningham wanted to be used more. His issue was not just money. Well, he was #3 for SF this year, just like he was with Giants. And now he's down with a torn up knee. Get over MM already. The past is the past, as some wise man said.

Marvelousmik
12-30-2012, 08:35 PM
A lot of big dogs in the locker room will be gone, like Tuck, Osi, Diehl, etc. Eli's been with these guys through everything.

Some will call for Eli to cut his salary in order to retain these guys, but honestly, it's time to move on. These guys can't offer us much anymore.

this is off topic but how do u feel now about randel stepping up next year as the new number 1 now that he has a little more experience under this belt? can our offense as a whole can still be productive without nicks?

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Tuck will be here next year. He doesn't make that much and it's his last year. It's hard to watch Osi play the run so pooh and miss tackles. He's gone. So is Diehl. Unless he comes real cheap.

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 09:10 PM
this is off topic but how do u feel now about randel stepping up next year as the new number 1 now that he has a little more experience under this belt? can our offense as a whole can still be productive without nicks?Well Nicks will be back next year for sure, his contract still has 2013 left.

If Randle continues to build upon his performance this afternoon, he has the potential to be a number one receiver a la Nicks.

So to answer your question, if Randle can continue to develop and either match or surpass Nicks in effectiveness, then yes I think our offense can be productive as a whole.

With all that said, our offense, especially the way our scheme is, would benefit by having three talented receivers who can beat man coverage with consistency. Otherwise, we will continue to be susceptible to the inconsistent and frustrating offensive football that we were exposed to this year.

miked1958
12-30-2012, 09:17 PM
He threw 5 TD Passes today

Marvelousmik
12-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Well Nicks will be back next year for sure, his contract still has 2013 left.

If Randle continues to build upon his performance this afternoon, he has the potential to be a number one receiver a la Nicks.

So to answer your question, if Randle can continue to develop and either match or surpass Nicks in effectiveness, then yes I think our offense can be productive as a whole.

With all that said, our offense, especially the way our scheme is, would benefit by having three talented receivers who can beat man coverage with consistency. Otherwise, we will continue to be susceptible to the inconsistent and frustrating offensive football that we were exposed to this year.

it would be pretty nice to have all 3 of them healthy. i wouldnt mind hixon playing the 4th role. i also dont think randel has to surpass nicks in production for our offense to work well. we just need a good offensive line to play the way they played today. i like to see eli spread the ball around

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 09:25 PM
it would be pretty nice to have all 3 of them healthy. i wouldnt mind hixon playing the 4th role. i also dont think randel has to surpass nicks in production for our offense to work well. we just need a good offensive line to play the way they played today. i like to see eli spread the ball aroundDon't get me wrong, an OL is important, but it's second to playmakers. If you have playmakers that are on their game, and a great QB, you're gonna have a lot of success in this league. If you have no playmakers, your problems are magnified.

You think Eli's offensive line was good last year? It was just as ****ty, probably even worse. K-Mac/Diehl were one pathetic combo.

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 09:30 PM
after he has a good cry, he should return his game checks for games #14, and # 15

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, an OL is important, but it's second to playmakers. If you have playmakers that are on their game, and a great QB, you're gonna have a lot of success in this league. If you have no playmakers, your problems are magnified.You think Eli's offensive line was good last year? It was just as ****ty, probably even worse. K-Mac/Diehl were one pathetic combo.Great point.

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 09:32 PM
He didn't play like a top ten QB. Or do you think he did? Or do you think that they over paid for him? Or why do you care that other players make a lot of money and don't perform to their contract? Lol. So what you are saying is that there is players that make $100 and don't play up to it so the Giants and their fans should just accept it. Ok.

If you think he didn't play like a top 10 QB this year, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't agree but certainly one could make an argument that he may not have been top 10 this year. But since it isn't a one year contract the point is moot.

Still confusing results with money, huh? Of course you are. And while I know you didn't forget our prior conversation on the subject, I see no reason to embarrass you here nor repeat myself to someone who clearly has his own agenda to pursue.

Here's the thread so that you can re-read it if you'd like to learn something this time since you clearly didn't the first time around.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?26109-With-one-game-to-play-Giants-rank-30th-in-the-NFL-in-yards-allowed-per-game-at-387.8

You're welcome.

ny06
12-30-2012, 09:34 PM
after he has a good cry, he should return his game checks for games #14, and # 15
Would you return your work checks after having a rough week or two? Didn't think so.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 09:35 PM
So n your opinion because other players make $100 million but do not live up to the contract it's ok for Eli to do the same. Ok. Cool.

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 09:40 PM
So n your opinion because other players make $100 million but do not live up to the contract it's ok for Eli to do the same. Ok. Cool.

Again, I never said that and never would, it's far too stupid. Stop trying to put your stupid words into my mouth.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Then why bring up what other QB's or other players make? To prove he is not the only one? Yeah fine. Don't care about other players.

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 09:44 PM
Then why bring up what other QB's or other players make? To prove he is not the only one? Yeah fine. Don't care about other players.

I didn't; I was replying to another poster who brought it up.

Please stop. Wasn't the last one embarrassing enough for you?

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 09:53 PM
Not at all. Why? It's your way or no way? My opinion is that he did not live up to his contract this year. Never said he should be traded, cut, or benched. When you have a $100 million investment on offense your ovlfgense should be better. You say no because other teams have $100 million players and they are not like Peyton or Brady either so it's ok.

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Not at all. Why? It's your way or no way? My opinion is that he did not live up to his contract this year. Never said he should be traded, cut, or benched. When you have a $100 million investment on offense your ovlfgense should be better. You say no because other teams have $100 million players and they are not like Peyton or Brady either so it's ok.

No, that's not what I'm saying and I've never said that.

Again are either unable to understand what I'm saying or you are purposefully mischaracterizing what I'm saying to serve your agenda.

It's one or the other, but it doesn't matter really matter which. You are entitled to your opinion, if that's your opinion, OK.

That's what is so great about opinions, they're not facts - they're opinions - so there's no burden of proof and no requirement that they be correct.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Understand fine. I think the team expects more from their $100 million man. You say because others make that and don't perform they should not expect more. Why else bring up the failures if other players? If they don't expect more from a $100 million QB why pay him that much? Or do you think they over paid him? Why would they be happy with the offensive production or lack of production this year?

giantyankee1976
12-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Eli shouldve been crying all along after the falcons and ravens games.

strangely I felt like crying too

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Understand fine. I think the team expects more from their $100 million man. You say because others make that and don't perform they should not expect more. Why else bring up the failures if other players? If they don't expect more from a $100 million QB why pay him that much? Or do you think they over paid him? Why would they be happy with the offensive production or lack of production this year?

Don't say, "you say" when you clearly do not understand - whether willingly or through ignorance - what I'm saying at all.

I said you are entitled to your opinion and you are.

Just don't try to argue facts, it's embarrassing.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
So what are the facts? That he didn't play like a $100 million QB? That the team expects more? Sounds about right.

EliDaMANning
12-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Don't get me wrong, an OL is important, but it's second to playmakers. If you have playmakers that are on their game, and a great QB, you're gonna have a lot of success in this league. If you have no playmakers, your problems are magnified.You think Eli's offensive line was good last year? It was just as ****ty, probably even worse. K-Mac/Diehl were one pathetic combo. I disagree, without a solid O line the offense isn't going to perform at a high level and the playmakers won't get as many opportunities. Today, the line played much better than the past 2 weeks and look at what the offense did. Does anyone actually think Eli was that bad and all of a sudden goes beast mode today because of he was slumping? I don't look at it this way. I saw a QB who finally had some time to throw down field. It all starts with the O line in my opinion.

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 10:38 PM
I disagree, without a solid O line the offense isn't going to perform at a high level and the playmakers won't get as many opportunities. Today, the line played much better than the past 2 weeks and look at what the offense did. Does anyone actually think Eli was that bad and all of a sudden goes beast mode today because of he was slumping? I don't look at it this way. I saw a QB who finally had some time to throw down field. It all starts with the O line in my opinion.Our OL was worse last year. Diehl was our LT and many times didn't even get his hands on the guys he was blocking. K-Mac was quite possibly the worst RT in football last year. We had a healthy Nicks, Cruz, Manningham though, and we flourished. You think it's unlikely that today was a result of Eli snapping out of a slump, or WRs uncovering and winning their individual matchups for a change, but it's far more unlikely that a five man unit plays with cohesion some weeks, and not others.

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 10:41 PM
So what are the facts? That he didn't play like a $100 million QB? That the team expects more? Sounds about right.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?26109-With-one-game-to-play-Giants-rank-30th-in-the-NFL-in-yards-allowed-per-game-at-387.8

(http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?26109-With-one-game-to-play-Giants-rank-30th-in-the-NFL-in-yards-allowed-per-game-at-387.8)
Do you want to pick up where we left off? OK.

Give me the statistical expectations for a top paid QB. Use real numbers and real names and real stats. I'll wait.

mike kennedy
12-30-2012, 10:41 PM

And your point is.....

EliDaMANning
12-30-2012, 10:43 PM
We were 9-7 last year with absolutely no running game so yes our line was terrible last year as well. But they did perform better during the playoffs outside of the 9er game and that's why Eli and his receivers dominated. I don't believe Eli was actually slumping the last two weeks. He had no time to throw and Nicks was injured. The line finally played decent today and he had healthy WR on the field for the first time since the panthers game. But I do not want to put too much weight on this game, the eagles d line did nothing special and didn't confuse the line one bit.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 10:56 PM
http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?26109-With-one-game-to-play-Giants-rank-30th-in-the-NFL-in-yards-allowed-per-game-at-387.8Do you want to pick up where we left off? OK.Give me the statistical expectations for a top paid QB. Use real numbers and real names and real stats. I'll wait.They need to be better than what they where this year. Don't need to look up stats. It's common sense.

Chris Christie
12-30-2012, 10:58 PM
No he didn't

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 10:58 PM
We were 9-7 last year with absolutely no running game so yes our line was terrible last year as well. But they did perform better during the playoffs outside of the 9er game and that's why Eli and his receivers dominated. I don't believe Eli was actually slumping the last two weeks. He had no time to throw and Nicks was injured. The line finally played decent today and he had healthy WR on the field for the first time since the panthers game. But I do not want to put too much weight on this game, the eagles d line did nothing special and didn't confuse the line one bit.See what I've noticed you're doing with this post is taking both of our claims and combining them to diagnose the real issue, which is fine.

"He had no time to, and Nicks was injured"

"The line finally played decent today and he had healthy WR on the field for the first time since the panthers game"

You know what I'm saying? It's just a matter of if you want to get into the argument of the possibility that one of these is a catalyst for the other. From the context of your first post, I draw the conclusion that if you believe one causes the other, that improved line play -- in your opinion -- is a catalyst to higher receiver productivity.

I, on the other hand, view a healthy, effective group of skill players as paramount to the success of an offensive passing game -- of course, factoring in an exceptional QB. Second to that is the OL.

And just to clarify my rationale, I draw all of this from what I saw last year. We had a terrible OL, one that allowed nine more sacks, last year -- but we had a considerable amount of offensive success despite that, but why? Healthy Nicks, who is a top 5-10 WR when he's on; Cha-cha Cruz; and Manningham, to pick up the slack when teams sell out against the other two.

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
They need to be better than what they where this year. Don't need to look up stats. It's common sense.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Why use real numbers that don't support your opinion when anecdata supports it every time.

And as I said over and over before, I absolutely agree they need to be better than they were this year, particularly Eli. He didn't have a great season.

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Would you return your work checks after having a rough week or two? Didn't think so.

in his case he should doante them...........he singlehandedly ruined our chances those two games.........played like a cross between Kerry collins and Mark Sanchez

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought. Why use real numbers that don't support your opinion when anecdata supports it every time.And as I said over and over before, I absolutely agree they need to be better than they were this year, particularly Eli. He didn't have a great season.Watched every game and heard them say it during the game. They struggled in the red zone this year and had to many 3 and outs. Look up all the stats you want. The proof was seen by simply watching the game. It's not really all that difficult to see. Don't know what you are arguing if you agree that Eli needs to play better next year.

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Watched every game and heard them say it during the game. They struggled in the red zone this year and had to many 3 and outs. Look up all the stats you want. The proof was seen by simply watching the game. It's not really all that difficult to see. Don't know what you are arguing if you agree that Eli needs to play better next year.

I know you don't; I've been saying that all along.

m0rbid1
12-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Watched every game and heard them say it during the game. They struggled in the red zone this year and had to many 3 and outs. Look up all the stats you want. The proof was seen by simply watching the game. It's not really all that difficult to see. Don't know what you are arguing if you agree that Eli needs to play better next year. Eli will be Eli. He might play better next year or regress further.. It's like watching a roller coaster ride. He is so unpredictable.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 11:20 PM
I know you don't; I've been saying that all along.What?

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Eli will be Eli. He might play better next year or regress further.. It's like watching roller coaster ride. He is so unpredictable.He's still a very good player but he is also streaky. Last year he carries the team. This year he didn't. That's why the need to address the OL first. Have to get their franchise QB back on track.

EliDaMANning
12-31-2012, 11:15 AM
And just to clarify my rationale, I draw all of this from what I saw last year. We had a terrible OL, one that allowed nine more sacks, last year -- but we had a considerable amount of offensive success despite that, but why? Healthy Nicks, who is a top 5-10 WR when he's on; Cha-cha Cruz; and Manningham, to pick up the slack when teams sell out against the other two.I agree, having a healthy WR core works wonders too. We saw it yesterday with the same offensive line as the previous two weeks. But I also saw some creativity, good runs and quick passes that offset our terrible O line play. At the end of the day, it comes down to our coaching and I believe they held us back from making the playoffs. Any other sensible coach would've realized we needed heathy WR and RB in the games and not guys playing with 1 leg.

GameTime
12-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Watched every game and heard them say it during the game. They struggled in the red zone this year and had to many 3 and outs. Look up all the stats you want. The proof was seen by simply watching the game. It's not really all that difficult to see. Don't know what you are arguing if you agree that Eli needs to play better next year.

No doubt.....you dont need a degree in "Xs and Os". You can dissect all you want but in plain english the Giants played like crap most of the season. It happens. Cant contened every year. Was I pissed...yeah I was but I wont sit here and rehash every game and every play to either discredit or praise a player or coach. Its was TEAM effort in losing and winning....

DandyDon
12-31-2012, 11:27 AM

Yeah, I saw it. We must have been watching 2 different videos tho, cause he didnt look like he was gonna cry. Maybe that was u crying?

Moke
12-31-2012, 11:28 AM
No doubt.....you dont need a degree in "Xs and Os". You can dissect all you want but in plain english the Giants played like crap most of the season. It happenes. Cant contened every year. Was I pissed...yeah I was but I wont sit here and reash every game and every play to either discredit or praise a player or coach. its was TEAM effort in losing and winning....

Most of the discredit goes to how the management really play-called in the redzone. They were awful there, and it definitely wasn't execution when most of the team wasn't open.

GameTime
12-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Most of the discredit goes to how the management really play-called in the redzone. They were awful there, and it definitely wasn't execution when most of the team wasn't open.
yep....somehting like 4th in Red Zone trips and 25th (?) in TDs.....

playcalling, protection, **** passing, no blocking, bad routes......etc.
Take your pick.....they all added up to no TDs

Moke
12-31-2012, 11:33 AM
yep....somehting like 4th in Red Zone trips and 25th (?) in TDs.....

playcalling, protection, **** passing, no blocking, bad routes......etc.
Take your pick.....they all added up to no TDs

Off-topic but I love your avatar. I know the same can't be said for me, but that is amazing. You always have good ones.

BK07071
12-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Yes sir.....Eli cries all the way to the bank.............Amazing isn't it!!!!!