PDA

View Full Version : Fewell's contract

KillaRich
12-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Is it done? I hope Giants dont extend him... Who is/will be out there in the offseason

Jahh
12-30-2012, 05:39 PM
There was a thread about this posted saying that it was.. but I'm we will know in the coming days.

Mackem_Giant
12-30-2012, 05:42 PM
I agree, I personally wouldn't bring Fewell or GIlbride back. Just think we need some fresh blood and fresh ideas in our co-ordinator positions.

There are co-ordinators that could be grabbed from sacked coaches:

Romeo Crennal
Pat Shurmer
Norv Turner

All would be willing to take OC or DC jobs.

BigBlue1971
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM
i think Fewell will get a new contract from the Giants! some of his primary players are just too old and not effective!

rextilleon
12-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Norv Turner a defensive coordinatior---why?

Cloud57
12-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Defense looked terrible, yes we held them to 7 points but we still can't stop any RB or 3rd down conversions.

gmen in va
12-30-2012, 11:00 PM
just remember, when bill sheridan stunk as gmen's dc, he got the axe. once coughlin got around to booting him, things got better. kinda like when coughlin finally got rid of matt dodge. just saying.....coughlin does have a history of being loyal to toxic assets.

Sundown
12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
I'd take crennal! I'm watching Jim Haslet bring the heat and wish we had that on our squad.

TheEnigma
12-30-2012, 11:06 PM
The Lovie Smith situation in Chicago should be interesting. He could make a fine coordinator but I suspect that Fewell is returning. Just a gut feeling.

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 11:08 PM
There was a thread about this posted saying that it was.. but I'm we will know in the coming days.

Romeo Crennel is going to be our new DC.........if Mara has the nuts to pull the string

m0rbid1
12-30-2012, 11:12 PM
After what happened in 2010 late season "defensive meltdown" and this year, I think it's time to move on without him. Let's make no mistake, players like Tuck and Osi are just as responsible..... I wouldn't mind letting them go also.

dezzzR
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
"Im not a big fan of Perry Fewell" Antonio Peirce

Have to wonder if this is the mind set around the locker room.

Red Dog
12-31-2012, 10:47 AM
A few weeks back when TC was asked about the pass rush or lack of it he responded, "It will take an entire training camp to fix it" That's a loaded reply as the only way a training camp would fix it would be many new faces on the line and/or a new DC to institute his defense. So, could it be Fewelll may be released, or might it be the Giants gave permission for other teams to talk to Fewell about a HC position?

Moke
12-31-2012, 10:49 AM
I really can't see Fewell as being a HC... or leaving. I think we give him another shot next year with a new defensive team. I can see Osi leaving, and Webster might even be in huge negotiation talks...

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Or they may need some new pass rushers... Osi is leaving, Tuck is struggling. Kiwi hasent provided much.

radar-ray
12-31-2012, 10:54 AM
"Im not a big fan of Perry Fewell" Antonio Peirce

Have to wonder if this is the mind set around the locker room. Neither am I. I don't think our players react to "read and react" well.

PBTimmons
12-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Has Crennel ever had a 4-3 defense? I doubt he is brought in to replace Fewell.

KillaRich
12-31-2012, 10:58 AM
with the firings happening who is out there and at what coordinator spot can they play? i would like Romeo but the giants arent built for 3-4

bigblue999
12-31-2012, 11:12 AM
There should be NOOO way Fewell returns.

The Giants have always been known as a dominant in your face - "Hit first, ask questions later" type of defense. The defense set the tone for the team, but under Fewell the defense has reverted to cowardliness. Corners never pressing, linebackers playing deep off the ball, hardly ever calling a blitz, even with statue QBs, he has made TUCK a girl and OSI more of a girl.

I mentioned Fewell is one of the greatest cowards on Defense and is the exact polar opposite of the kind of defense spirit the Giants need. There is no question he must go.

KillaRich
12-31-2012, 11:18 AM
I'll REPOST how I feel about PF

Relying on the front 4 was wrong and innefective... But since PFis one of the most stubborn coaches I seen he would not change.....

The D-Line was not as beasty as said to be... Just bringing that one extra guy was most of the time successful... Yet Fewell was just being stupid and reluctant.... Freaking Blackburn would get sacks when the extra pressure was brought...to bad it was only like 1% of the time

His bend dont break defense was also idiotic at times.... The opposing team could have a 3 and 15 at the GIANTS 40 yard line and he would STILL play prevent!!! Most of the time they got the first anyways ...but the rest was inviting them to get those 5-10 yards for pretty much a free FG attempt....Just baffles me..

I would like both new coordinators but I have eaten Gilbride crow so much before ...so I can accept him staying...although i would like a new scheme out there..... But PF must go

His stubbornness kills him... He found the formula late last season.... but decides to stay with his bend dont break defense.... Please dont extend this ignorant fool

embeshAtYa
12-31-2012, 11:22 AM
Osi Sucks so bad. He gets faked on every move ever made. and his persuit from behind is a joke. I couldnt believe how bad he was yesterday. Just terrible. Plays with ZERO heart.

Buddy333
12-31-2012, 11:23 AM
He's not going anywhere. No one on this coaching staff is getting fired.

Buddy333
12-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Osi Sucks so bad. He gets faked on every move ever made. and his persuit from behind is a joke. I couldnt believe how bad he was yesterday. Just terrible. Plays with ZERO heart.He got a little money and then took a year off. Good luck finding your top 5 DE money now Osi.

bigblue999
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM

Ok, thanks Mr. Resse

bigblue999
12-31-2012, 11:26 AM
He got a little money and then took a year off. Good luck finding your top 5 DE money now Osi.

He played the Giants, robbed them of 6 million for this year, when everyone included McCoy the guy was a bench warmer at best. This was one of Resses worst mistakes.

bigblue999
12-31-2012, 11:29 AM
I'll REPOST how I feel about PF

Relying on the front 4 was wrong and innefective... But since PFis one of the most stubborn coaches I seen he would not change.....

The D-Line was not as beasty as said to be... Just bringing that one extra guy was most of the time successful... Yet Fewell was just being stupid and reluctant.... Freaking Blackburn would get sacks when the extra pressure was brought...to bad it was only like 1% of the time

His bend dont break defense was also idiotic at times.... The opposing team could have a 3 and 15 at the GIANTS 40 yard line and he would STILL play prevent!!! Most of the time they got the first anyways ...but the rest was inviting them to get those 5-10 yards for pretty much a free FG attempt....Just baffles me..

I would like both new coordinators but I have eaten Gilbride crow so much before ...so I can accept him staying...although i would like a new scheme out there..... But PF must go

His stubbornness kills him... He found the formula late last season.... but decides to stay with his bend dont break defense.... Please dont extend this ignorant fool

No doubt he's stubborn...just an indication of how he will never be able to swallow his pride for the sake of the team.

Corey Webster mentioned multiple times that if you don't press recievers in this league they will have a field day, but Fewell through his prideful arrogance never made the change that would have benefitted the team.

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Killdrive needs to go before we worry about PF... though as far as i'm concerned he's still on a short leash.

GoDeep80
12-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Killdrive needs to go before we worry about PF... though as far as i'm concerned he's still on a short bus. FIXED

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 11:41 AM
lol that works too.

At the very least though PF tries to put our most talented players on the field with his personnel sets. Killdrive just shoehorns people into his system without making any adjustments at all..

Joe Morrison
12-31-2012, 11:43 AM
FACT: All Teams in the playoffs bring it with the Blitz.

FACT: All Teams in the playoffs use the no huddle throughout the game.

FACT: Time for Gibride and Fewell to move their gameplan up to the New League and stop living in the Past.

Jahh
12-31-2012, 11:44 AM
lol that works too.

At the very least though PF tries to put our most talented players on the field with his personnel sets. Killdrive just shoehorns people into his system without making any adjustments at all..

He had four linebacker sets on the field against the Ravens. Is that really our most talented personnel?

harrycarson
12-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Fewell could not have been worse...

hungrrrry
12-31-2012, 11:49 AM
RC is a very noteworthy Dc...lets get this right while we can

BK07071
12-31-2012, 11:50 AM

Then next year the Giants will not be in the playoffs either!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 11:51 AM
He is also a strictly old school 2 gap 3-4 guy.

ny06
12-31-2012, 11:53 AM
He had four linebacker sets on the field against the Ravens. Is that really our most talented personnel?
He was doing whatever he could to stop the run. You would think the traditional 4-3 alignment would stop the run, but it was clear this season it couldn't.

Die-Hard
12-31-2012, 11:55 AM
Fewell could not have been worse...

Bill Sheridan begs to differ...

barcode56
12-31-2012, 11:57 AM
Either one of these DC would be a good fit for our defense, If were gonna get back on top we need to make some serious changes on the coaching staff.

Moke
12-31-2012, 11:57 AM
Lovie Smith is available? Where is that link? I'd do it.

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-31-2012, 11:58 AM

And here is today's winner!

BJacobs aka The Problem
12-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Ron Rivera may become available too. All depends on who the Panthers hire as new the GM.

Kruunch
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-chicago-bears-fire-coach-lovie-smith-2012,0,1783180.story

Giantterp
My guess is that he would get fired today right? If not, it's another year of turnover or touchdown defense.

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Why is there so much PF hate and not enough Killdrive hate?

Moke
12-31-2012, 12:01 PM
I think Gilbride should get fired before Fewell... more talent on the offense that we should easily make use of.

brad
12-31-2012, 12:01 PM

It's pretty sad when the only DC you could think of that has done worse... is Sheridan.

Moke
12-31-2012, 12:02 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-chicago-bears-fire-coach-lovie-smith-2012,0,1783180.story

Thanks dude. Wow, that is awesome. Wish the management had the cajones to actually make this pick up.

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 12:03 PM
He would be a great fit, both resume and system wise.

Jahh
12-31-2012, 12:03 PM
He was doing whatever he could to stop the run. You would think the traditional 4-3 alignment would stop the run, but it was clear this season it couldn't.

Lol, well the 4 linebacker look didn't work either. It reminded me of Giants going nickel all game against the Colts (a couple years ago) and them dominating us.

CruznNicks
12-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Fewell is a FA, so he'll either be re-signed or free to go elsewhere. He won't be fired because his contract is up.

brad
12-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Smith would be a perfect fit in NY... not sure if he would take a d-coord job or if he might hold out for a HC job though. I hope that they at least try to get him though.

brad
12-31-2012, 12:07 PM
PF is not under contract... I would take no news as an indication he won't be back.

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Never a big fan of Smith as a Head Coach. I think he would consider a DC role with the thought that Coughlin will be stepping down in a few years and he would then be in line as the Giants head coach.

sportsfan554
12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Is it just me or would John Gruden be a great DC. He is a hard nose football kind of guy. I think his style of play would really help our defense. I remember him saying he wanted to get back to coaching. Any thoughts?

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:21 PM
He wants a HC gig unfortunately.

That said, If we got rid of TC he'd be a great replacement...

Joe Morrison
12-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Is it just me or would John Gruden be a great DC. He is a hard nose football kind of guy. I think his style of play would really help our defense. I remember him saying he wanted to get back to coaching. Any thoughts?
Gruden was an OC, get in the game.
Pro coaching career

In January 1992 when he was 28, Gruden was hired by Mike Holmgren, his former boss at the San Francisco 49ers, to be the special offensive assistant/wide receivers coach with the Green Bay Packers.[6] After three seasons in Green Bay, Gruden became the offensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles under former Packers assistant coach Ray Rhodes. Gruden then was chosen by the owner and general manager of the Oakland Raiders, Al Davis, to be the Raiders' new head coach for the 1998 season.