PDA

View Full Version : Reuben Randle - what if he started 4 weeks ago

moosedrool
12-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Nicks when healthy is easily a top 10 WR in the league. When injured as he was for most of the year, being on the field hurt more than it helped in my opinion.

What if Randle started for Nicks 4 weeks ago? You saw his 2 TD's today. Big receiver with speed and hands. Would a healthy Randle been better than an injury plagued Nicks? I think he would have been.

Jahh
12-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Yeah, it's hard not to wonder.

nhpgiantsfan
12-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Nicks, Cruz, Randle, & Hixon is a nice group for next year. Hixon makes a real good #4.

G-MANning4Life
12-30-2012, 05:52 PM
No telling. I just really hope he gets more play time next season. For the few games he actually got some real play time in, he was a factor.

Cloud57
12-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Wilson had a good game in the beginning, glad to see him getting more playing time.

BigBlueAllDay
12-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Unless Hixon is willing to play again for victor-cruz salary, he's gone.

G-MENBK
Definitely, no question.

Nicks is the physical receiver of the bunch; he'll put his body up on the line to reel in the catch and he definitely is speedy as well. You could see Nicks was hurt and was missing a step.

Like I said in another thread, how do you put in the practice time with other receivers and then expect the offense to gel when you put in Nicks at the final moment?

gumby74
With Nicks out, We have Randle stepping up - twice. Barden also had a big game when starting. So I'm wondering what's up with that.

jakegibbs
12-30-2012, 06:00 PM
The giants go 2-2 instead of 1 & 3 & are div winners that's all.

Flip Empty
12-30-2012, 06:04 PM
I wish the split between Wilson and Bradshaw had been similar to what we saw today, too. This season was so frustrating.

NYGabriel
12-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Hindsight is 20/20 but Nicks, playing hurt, was a non factor for most of the season. He shouldn't have been on the field.

BeatYale
12-30-2012, 06:07 PM
I mentioned it before. I don't get why the coaches wanted a gimped Nicks starting over Randle or even Barden. In limited opportunities both of those guys produced well I thought. Oh well.

Parademon
12-30-2012, 06:11 PM
4-4 2nd half & we are playoff bound. 2 division losses by a total of 3 points were the death of us.

I think that next yr, if a player can't practice at least 75% of the week, they should not start. Put in the fully healthy player, not the player that is only gonna be 50% or less!

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Nicks when healthy is easily a top 10 WR in the league. When injured as he was for most of the year, being on the field hurt more than it helped in my opinion. What if Randle started for Nicks 4 weeks ago? You saw his 2 TD's today. Big receiver with speed and hands. Would a healthy Randle been better than an injury plagued Nicks? I think he would have been.I would like to think so, if not that would be pretty pathetic.

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
What if Wilson started 4 weeks ago? What if we started Prince/Hosley at the beginning of the season instead of dragging Webster along?

Dabbling in what ifs wont change the past, but it's past time that our coaches learn from their mistakes. TC is too loyal to his veterans... to a fault. We need a meritocracy in the locker room. The strongest leads...

appodictic
12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I wish the split between Wilson and Bradshaw had been similar to what we saw today, too. This season was so frustrating. Yes. That is what we need two guys splitting carries Wilson for the sweeps and the speedy stuff bradshaw down the heart.

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm hoping that TC can at least trust Wilson going forward. Between him and Brown we could reduce Bradshaw's workload and spare his feet a little. Hell, we could sit him a couple times and save him for the most important games of the season. Every time Bradshaw takes a week off and heals a little, he plays his freaking heart out the next week and does amazing things. His 200 yard game vs the browns and subsequent 100 yards on the 49ers stingy defense doesn't happen if he doesn't get hurt during that carolina game...

TheEnigma
12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
I hate to say it but I suspect that Randle's continued success means the end of Nicks on the Giants in the future. I just can't see the FO dishing out decent dough to Nicks when they have a suitable outside receiver threat in Randle.

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 09:06 PM
I hate to say it but I suspect that Randle's continued success means the end of Nicks on the Giants in the future. I just can't see the FO dishing out decent dough to Nicks when they have a suitable outside receiver threat in Randle.

I think they still keep Nicks at least through next year... they're not going to cut him prematurely. Also, Nicks hopefully won't suffer a freak injury in the offseason like this year... *knock on wood*

At the very least, Randle can easily pull off the Manningham role if he's actually given a real chance. Next year, he won't be a rookie and thus won't be subject to Coughlin being a giant ****** like he is towards rookies...

moosedrool
12-30-2012, 09:07 PM

I think they sign him. Finding playmakers is hard and Nicks is a playmaker when healthy. Week 1 next year, Cruz, Nicks, Randle all healthy on the field at the same time. You can't double all three.

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 09:08 PM
I hate to say it but I suspect that Randle's continued success means the end of Nicks on the Giants in the future. I just can't see the FO dishing out decent dough to Nicks when they have a suitable outside receiver threat in Randle.Which it may not be a bad thing considering that he has not played a full season yet. He is not durable at all and at less than 100% he is a bit better than Sinorice Moss. However, he can be a beast if he can stay healthy. It would be a huge gamble to sing him on a huge contract with guaranteed money.

TheEnigma
12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
I think they sign him. Finding playmakers is hard and Nicks is a playmaker when healthy. Week 1 next year, Cruz, Nicks, Randle all healthy on the field at the same time. You can't double all three.

I hope so but it has to be the right contract. Something along the lines of what we gave TT2 but not as harsh to Nicks. It would suck if we paid him good money and his injuries only became worse.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Hindsight is 20/20 but Nicks, playing hurt, was a non factor for most of the season. He shouldn't have been on the field.

+1

but collingsworth et al made enough comments during broadcasts during the year that randle wasn't 'getting it' even by mid season according to discussions with coaches behind the scenes.

its great to see randle coming into his own after a almost full season under his belt, i just think its stupid (not that you have) to assume that he was this ready 8 weeks ago and we just chose to not play him.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
I hope so but it has to be the right contract. Something along the lines of what we gave TT2 but not as harsh to Nicks. It would suck if we paid him good money and his injuries only became worse.

my biggest fear last year was that top flight WRs in the NFL get $10 mill a season and there's no way we could pay Eli and two WRs $10 mill each.

we no longer have that problem.

there's a silver lining to so many of these guys this year that didn't step up fully either because of performance or injury (Bennett, Tuck, Canty, Phillips, Webster, Boley).

We had absolutely no cap and too much talent to resign. I don't think we still have that problem.

par404
12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Nicks when healthy is easily a top 10 WR in the league. When injured as he was for most of the year, being on the field hurt more than it helped in my opinion.

What if Randle started for Nicks 4 weeks ago? You saw his 2 TD's today. Big receiver with speed and hands. Would a healthy Randle been better than an injury plagued Nicks? I think he would have been.

Still think there is a spot for Rames.

NYGFaninILL
12-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Don't like randle. He is a primadonna with a ****ty work ethic.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 10:23 PM

that's the knock against him off the record. he doesn't work like the other WRs do.

Roosevelt
12-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I wish the split between Wilson and Bradshaw had been similar to what we saw today, too. This season was so frustrating.

+1

moosedrool
12-30-2012, 11:13 PM

Work ethic didn't look like a problem today.

When a guy scores two touchdowns and hands the football to the ref, that's opposite of a primadonna in my book. No stupid touchdown celebration.

NYGFaninILL
12-31-2012, 12:20 AM

When a guy scores two touchdowns and hands the football to the ref, that's opposite of a primadonna in my book. No stupid touchdown celebration.

Just because he has a good game, doesn't mean he tries hard. When teammates and coaches both say that Randle has to improve his ethic and attitude, there might be a problem.

Eliscruzzz
12-31-2012, 12:30 AM
+1

but collingsworth et al made enough comments during broadcasts during the year that randle wasn't 'getting it' even by mid season according to discussions with coaches behind the scenes.

its great to see randle coming into his own after a almost full season under his belt, i just think its stupid (not that you have) to assume that he was this ready 8 weeks ago and we just chose to not play him.Collinsworth also said Prince was going to get targeted and was having a bad year this year...

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:32 AM

Says the guy with the Hynocerous gif as his signature...

Buddy333
12-31-2012, 12:45 AM
Always support the coaching staff but they messed up on this. Nicks never should have played before the bye. He looked horrible against the 49ers and was a non factor in that game and every game until the bye. Not only would he have been possibly healthy after the ye, but Randle might have also had some valuable playing time. Cold have been the difference in one of their two close losses after that 49ers game.

GMAN2K9
12-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Just because he has a good game, doesn't mean he tries hard. When teammates and coaches both say that Randle has to improve his ethic and attitude, there might be a problem.

Alright enough of this. Cruz said EARLY in the season that Randle was struggling to adjust from college ball (part time) to football as a career. After that he stepped up huge in Cleveland game & had several good connections with Eli. Collinsworth twisted Cruz's comments... and everyone has blown this outta proportion... Randle will be a good number 3 & more reliable than Manningham... just give a little bit of time

GameTime
12-31-2012, 01:02 AM
shoulda coulda woulda....
means squat...

stop already....

xRick52x
12-31-2012, 01:09 AM
With Nicks out, We have Randle stepping up - twice. Barden also had a big game when starting. So I'm wondering what's up with that.

That's a simple answer. When you have an exceptional QB, the receivers will ALWAYS benefit from that. Here are a few examples of both sides of the coin:

- Peyton makes his receivers look better
- Calvin Johnson makes Stafford look better
- Eli makes his receivers look better
- Andre Johnson makes Schaub look better
- Tony Romo makes his receiver look better
- Steve Smith makes EVERY Carolina QB look better ;0)

Just think about it....it's common sense really

gumby74
12-31-2012, 01:10 AM
That's a simple answer. When you have an exceptional QB, the receivers will ALWAYS benefit from that. Here are a few examples of both sides of the coin:

- Peyton makes his receivers look better
- Calvin Johnson makes Stafford look better
- Eli makes his receivers look better
- Andre Johnson makes Schaub look better
- Tony Romo makes his receiver look better
- Steve Smith makes EVERY Carolina QB look better ;0)

Just think about it....it's common sense really

i meant more from the coaching staff. I realize Nicks is your #1, but at some point, you have to re-evaluate things.