PDA

View Full Version : Rank These Free Agents Based on Importance to get Re-signed

GiantFanatic55
12-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Will Beatty, Martellus Bennett, Stevie Brown, Kevin Boothe, Chase Blackburn, Victor Cruz, Domenik Hixon, Kenny Phillips and Lawrence Tynes

1.Cruz - For obvious reasons
2.Beatty - A top 10 tackle this year, need him back
3.Phillips - Solid tackler and makes the defense a lot better
4.Bennett - Great blocking TE, helps the run game a ton and has decent hands
5.Brown - Makes plays, always finds the ball
6.Boothe - Good, not great...wouldn't be against bringing him back
7.Blackburn - Not a starter, but a great special teamer and leader
8.Hixon - With emergence of Randle, don't really have a need for him
9.Tynes - Accurate yes, but maybe its time to find a kicker with a bigger leg for those long field goals

That's mine...what's yours?

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Good List but move Phillips the the ever injured, and the Unicorn to the bottom of the list

DVision
12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Our defense is MUCH better when KP is on the field!

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Our defense is MUCH better when KP is on the field! hes rarely on the field

GiantFanatic55
12-30-2012, 06:48 PM
hes rarely on the field

I wouldn't say rarely..Hes was healthy for the past two seasons

He even said it himself that his injury this year wasn't handled properly

bearbryant
12-30-2012, 06:50 PM
I disagree with Boothe. He's not a starter, he's a viable back up. Phillips is Paid way to much for his performance. Now maybe thats due to the scheme that Fewell runs because today KP was around the ball a lot. Brown had a much better year than KP.

L.T.56
12-30-2012, 06:51 PM
it annoys me to think how much better their defense would be if phillips and thomas were fully healthy.

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't say rarely..Hes was healthy for the past two seasons

He even said it himself that his injury this year wasn't handled properly

How did he mishandle it?

penguinfarmer
12-30-2012, 06:53 PM
How did he mishandle it?

There was an article out earlier on how he was disgruntled with how Giants training staff handled it. When he changed things, he started to improve quickly. Something along those lines.

GiantFanatic55
12-30-2012, 06:55 PM
There was an article out earlier on how he was disgruntled with how Giants training staff handled it. When he changed things, he started to improve quickly. Something along those lines.

Yep. Here's the link

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2012/11/phillips-unhappy-with-how-knee-rehab-went

laylow28
12-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Will Beatty, Martellus Bennett, Stevie Brown, Kevin Boothe, Chase Blackburn, Victor Cruz, Domenik Hixon, Kenny Phillips and Lawrence Tynes

9.Tynes - Accurate yes, but maybe its time to find a kicker with a bigger leg for those long field goals

Cruz
Beatty
Unicorn
Brown
KP
Boothe
Hixon
Tynes
Blackburn

NorwoodBlue
12-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Cruz, Beatty and Bennett are the top priorities for me. Either Brown or Phillips because I thing Hill is too good to have on the bench. Blackburn and Hixon ar e low priority and get very small contacts. I doubt any other team would pick up Blackburn, and few would go for Hixon. I'd like to see booth back; but we've got young OL players that could replace him if necessary.

Expresivo
12-30-2012, 06:58 PM
1) Cruz
2) Bennett
3) Phillips
4) Beatty
5) Boothe
6) Brown
7) Hixon
8) Blackburn
9) Tynes

They need to draft a STUD MLB and more depth at DB if Thomas cannot return back to his old self. Tynes needs to go elsewhere and get a kicker than kick beyond 50+ yards consistently. (We should have swept Philly this season.)
Hixon is still consistent and valuable if a WR goes down. Brown is a better runner than Bradshaw.

BParcells777
hes got a chronic knee problem........I was shocked how McCoy ran past him today like he was standing still........the guy is slow and not reliable

BParcells777
You guys have Bennett ranked wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too high

L.T.56
12-30-2012, 07:01 PM
what other choice do they really have besides bennett? they're focus isn't going to be on tight end in the draft and pascoe is not a starting tight end.

GiantFanatic55
12-30-2012, 07:06 PM
I disagree with Boothe. He's not a starter, he's a viable back up. Phillips is Paid way to much for his performance. Now maybe thats due to the scheme that Fewell runs because today KP was around the ball a lot. Brown had a much better year than KP.

I wouldn't call KP overpaid...he made 2 mill this year

drewz
12-30-2012, 07:06 PM
1) Beatty.. our best offensive linemen by far
2) Phillips.. Our best safety, need him there when we move on from Rolle
3) Bennett.. great TE in the catching and blocking game, it's a shame he wasn't more utilized
4) Blackburn.. we could do worse at MLB

Expresivo
12-30-2012, 07:15 PM
He's the best and most athletic TE we have had since Shockey, how can he be over ranked?!?

You guys have Bennett ranked wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too high

GiantFanatic55
12-30-2012, 07:19 PM
hes got a chronic knee problem........I was shocked how McCoy ran past him today like he was standing still........the guy is slow and not reliable

No he doesn't..He hurt his right knee this year for the first time and it was an mcl. It just lingered cause it wasn't treated properly

And if you're referring to the micro fracture surgery he had on his left knee in 2009, well he was healthy in 2010 and 2011. And last year he had his best season and was a top 10 safety in the league.

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 07:24 PM
He's the best and most athletic TE we have had since Shockey, how can he be over ranked?!?

he is not athletic, not quick, gets alligator arms, will not lay out for a long ball, and is a #2 at best...........we should go out and recruit the best TE we can find in the offseason, or draft one

if he was so great why did he have zero impact all those years in Dallas

Overdrive92
12-30-2012, 07:29 PM
1) Cruz
2) Cruz
3) Cruz
4) Cruz
5) Cruz
6) Cruz
7) Cruz
8) Cruz
9) Beatty

drewz
12-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Cruz is more important to this offense than Will Beatty? LOL

He's not even UFA, he's a Giant next year regardless *facepalm*

ghostoftommymaddox
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Other than Cruz, I really have no idea. Mara will give Reese and TC a pass, but I think he will expect more than just a little tinkering with the roster. Hard to predict but there may be some surprises.

jaxnygmen
12-30-2012, 07:58 PM
I rank them in this order of importance, Cruz, Beatty, Brown, Bennett, phillips. I think we can move the rest and get better players in those positions.

Overdrive92
12-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Cruz is more important to this offense than Will Beatty? LOL

He's not even UFA, he's a Giant next year regardless *facepalm*

Yes, Cruz is more important. Beatty is a good player, but is it easier to get a good tackle, or a star-studded playmaker like Cruz? Guys like Cruz don't come around nearly as often. He's one of the league's best receivers and a vital part of this offense.

He's not a UFA, but he's an RFA.

GiantFanatic55
12-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes, Cruz is more important. Beatty is a good player, but is it easier to get a good tackle, or a star-studded playmaker like Cruz? Guys like Cruz don't come around nearly as often. He's one of the league's best receivers and a vital part of this offense.

He's not a UFA, but he's an RFA.

I agree...he can still leave even though he's an RFA

I would be different if he was an exclusive rights free agent...like Andre Brown

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 08:23 PM
1) Cruz
2T) Stevie
2T) Beatty
2T) Bennett
5) Blackburn
6) Hixon
7) Phillips (more from extreme depth at position than from ability however)
8) Tynes (honestly kickers can be shuffed around at will...)
9) Boothe (DO NOT WANT)

KillaRich
12-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Stevie Brown has been an awesome BallHawk this year.. But Phillips is our best coverage safety out there.... Either keep all the safety's we have... Or let rolle walk and run with phillips,brown and hill...

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Stevie Brown has been an awesome BallHawk this year.. But Phillips is our best coverage safety out there.... Either keep all the safety's we have... Or let rolle walk and run with phillips,brown and hill...

I think we keep all 4 of them but convert Hill into a slot corner... That frees up Hosley to start across from Prince and then we can finally clear out the cobwebs.

Oh, i'm sorry, did I say cobwebs? Look it up in a dictionary...

Expresivo
12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
Cause they have a TE named Witten ******. And how is he #2, who is #1?

he is not athletic, not quick, gets alligator arms, will not lay out for a long ball, and is a #2 at best...........we should go out and recruit the best TE we can find in the offseason, or draft one

if he was so great why did he have zero impact all those years in Dallas

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 10:24 PM
Good List but move Phillips the the ever injured, and the Unicorn to the bottom of the list

+1

maybe not the bottom, but much farther down.

problem is we have so little TE talent that can block too, we might need to stretch there a little.

Roosevelt
12-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Nice to see you guys appreciate Chase.

Our defense turned around in 2011 when Chase came back. And believe it or not we would have been worse this year without him.

So who's our MLB, Herzlich? Good luck.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 10:31 PM
chase is great for the Giants, but his market value hasn't gone through the roof because of his play with us.

he fits this team and this system really well, but he's not a potential starting MLB for 4 or 5 other teams next year.

laylow28
12-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Nice to see you guys appreciate Chase.

Our defense turned around in 2011 when Chase came back. And believe it or not we would have been worse this year without him.

So who's our MLB, Herzlich? Good luck. Care to share a list where you would rank him?

Roosevelt
12-30-2012, 11:46 PM
Care to share a list where you would rank him?

Nah. I'll leave that to the guys who get paid to dot it.

David Carr
UFA

Halfbacks:

Andre Brown
FA

Kregg Lumpkin
FA

Ryan Torain
FA

Wide Receivers:

Victor Cruz
FA

Domenik Hixon
FA

Ramses Barden
FA

Dan DePalma
FA

Tight Ends/H-Backs:

Martellus Bennett
FA

Bear Pascoe
FA

Travis Beckum
FA

Larry Donnell
FA

Offensive Linemen:

William Beatty
FA

Sean Locklear
FA

Matt McCants
FA

Kevin Boothe
FA

Stephen Goodin
FA

Levy Ad****
FA

Jim Cordle
FA

Defensive Linemen:

Osi Umenyiora
FA

Adrian Tracy
FA

Justin Trattou
FA

Matt Broha
FA

Rocky Bernard
FA

Shaun Rogers
FA

Linebackers:

Chase Blackburn
FA

Keith Rivers
FA

Defensive Backs:

Justin Tryon
FA

Laron Scott
FA

Brandon Bing

FA

Kenny Phillips
FA

Stevie Brown
FA

Kickers and Snappers:

Lawrence Tynes
FA

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 12:05 AM
I disagree with Boothe. He's not a starter, he's a viable back up. Phillips is Paid way to much for his performance. Now maybe thats due to the scheme that Fewell runs because today KP was around the ball a lot. Brown had a much better year than KP.paid 2 much/ Phillips 5 years 11 million for a starting Safety isnt a lot at all. Fewell calls the game different with Phillips they are more aggresive

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 12:07 AM

That's mine...what's yours?this is a good list

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:17 AM
+1

maybe not the bottom, but much farther down.

problem is we have so little TE talent that can block too, we might need to stretch there a little.

Unicorn isn't AS important to re-sign, but we MUST make him an offer at least. He flat-out said he'd consider a hometown discount for the Giants. He knows this is his best chance at getting a ring of his own. Plus he's not stifled by Witten here. Hell, he even wants to reach out to his brother to bring him here at a decent rate too...

giants8493
12-31-2012, 01:04 AM

That's mine...what's yours?I agree with this list. Its a good list.

rtr1105
12-31-2012, 01:44 AM
1) Victor Cruz- great big play receiver. Good guy on slants for short yardage and good deep threat at times. Only flaw is his drops. 2) William Beatty- Our O-Line is aging and Beatty has been one bright spot. He should be a great for years to go come and will hopefully be back starting opposite Locklear next season. 3) Kenny Phillips- KP is our best pass coverage safety and isn't bad against the run. We need him back there. 4) Stevie Brown- He's been a phenomenal ballhawk. Only reason I got him below KP is because he hasn't been too good other than his interceptions. But he's still young and could develop into a very solid free safety. 5) Martellus Bennett- He's been a good receiver and a good blocker. If we lose him I dont know who would replace him. 6) Kevin Boothe- He's versatile and he brings a veteran presence to this team. He wasn't bad but he definitely wasn't anything outstanding. But we'll need him for at least next year. I don't think any of the younger guys are ready. We should draft someone this year but give him a year to get ready to start. 7) Lawrence Tynes- He's been very consistent. He slumped at one point this year but whatever. I'd love to keep him as our kicker. 8) Chase Blackburn-He isnt very fast nor is he the best tackler, but he brings leadership, knowledge, and passion to the defense, something we need. On short passes up the middle he limits big games and racks up tackles, although misses a bit too many. But if we draft a young MLB Chase could help mentor him. 9) Domenik Hixon- He's very talented and he has good hands, but how often do we throw to him? Randle is the better option IMO as the third receiver going forward. I love everything Hixon brings to the table, but I do not believe he is as vital to this team as the other guys on this list.

Carter.525
12-31-2012, 01:56 AM
Cruz
Beatty
Bennett
Phillips
Brown
Boothe
Blackburn
Hixon
Tynes

gmen0820
12-31-2012, 01:57 AM
1) Victor Cruz- great big play receiver. Good guy on slants for short yardage and good deep threat at times. Only flaw is his drops. 2) William Beatty- Our O-Line is aging and Beatty has been one bright spot. He should be a great for years to go come and will hopefully be back starting opposite Locklear next season. 3) Kenny Phillips- KP is our best pass coverage safety and isn't bad against the run. We need him back there. 4) Stevie Brown- He's been a phenomenal ballhawk. Only reason I got him below KP is because he hasn't been too good other than his interceptions. But he's still young and could develop into a very solid free safety. 5) Martellus Bennett- He's been a good receiver and a good blocker. If we lose him I dont know who would replace him. 6) Kevin Boothe- He's versatile and he brings a veteran presence to this team. He wasn't bad but he definitely wasn't anything outstanding. But we'll need him for at least next year. I don't think any of the younger guys are ready. We should draft someone this year but give him a year to get ready to start. 7) Lawrence Tynes- He's been very consistent. He slumped at one point this year but whatever. I'd love to keep him as our kicker. 8) Chase Blackburn-He isnt very fast nor is he the best tackler, but he brings leadership, knowledge, and passion to the defense, something we need. On short passes up the middle he limits big games and racks up tackles, although misses a bit too many. But if we draft a young MLB Chase could help mentor him. 9) Domenik Hixon- He's very talented and he has good hands, but how often do we throw to him? Randle is the better option IMO as the third receiver going forward. I love everything Hixon brings to the table, but I do not believe he is as vital to this team as the other guys on this list.You're either begging people not to read this block of text, or you typed it on an iPhone and this stupid forum didn't space it out correctly, lol.

gmen0820
12-31-2012, 01:59 AM
Cruz
Phillips
Beatty
*no specific order past this

Most of these players would be guys I'd like moving forward, it's just a matter of working the financial aspects of it.

rtr1105
12-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Your either begging people not to read this block of text, or you typed it on an iPhone and this stupid forum didn't space it out correctly, lol.

The latter lol. I posted it and didn't believe I typed that much.

gmen0820
12-31-2012, 04:52 PM
The latter lol. I posted it and didn't believe I typed that much.Trust me man, I feel your pain. Sometimes I write up a post on my phone, space it out so that it is very easy on the eyes, and when I go to post it...http://www.bestplanetnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Wall-of-Text-Run-Away.jpeg

nycsportzfan
12-31-2012, 05:27 PM

That's mine...what's yours? Eh, just bring em all back, why not?(sarcasm) No ones to blame for another collapse.. Its all good..lol

53canton
12-31-2012, 07:00 PM
I really hope they arent counting on TT coming back to start next year! They had better draft another CB.