PDA

View Full Version : Do you take a chance with Reid as OC?

G-MENBK
12-30-2012, 07:08 PM
He did get fired:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118990/article/andy-reid-out-as-philadelphia-eagles-coach

Thought they would do so tomorrow.

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Only if Trent Edwards follows.

Rudyy
12-30-2012, 07:09 PM
KG is not getting fired.

TheAnalyst
12-30-2012, 07:10 PM
KG is not getting fired.That would make too much sense.

brad
12-30-2012, 07:11 PM
No... nothing against him, he was a great HC for the Eagles, but no, I don't like the 90% pass percentage

RagTime Blue
12-30-2012, 07:29 PM
I can't imagine an Eli Manning-Era Giants team without Coughlin and KG. The world might come to an end.

G-MENBK
12-30-2012, 07:30 PM
I can't imagine an Eli Manning-Era Giants team without Coughlin and KG. The world might come to an end.

Oh, I'm not asking Coughlin to be removed. Gilbride though..

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 07:30 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat but OC is not our problem............DC is a HUGE problem......we need someone MUCH more aggressive than Fewell

L.T.56
12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
if anything they'll eventually promote gilbrides son to o-coordinator.

MikeyMike01
12-30-2012, 07:34 PM
I'd take any person on the planet (and possibly several species of bird) over Gilbride.

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 07:35 PM
That would make too much sense.Giants are not about making sense. They are all about nonsense. Keeping Killdrive and Fewell just because they happen to be in the sidelines while we won 2 SB's. Coaching had nothing much to do with the wins. It was all on the players that they decided it was time to perform. How do you explain the 2nd half collapses under Coughlin? But hey had a great practice! Oh, wait... some of the players on the field did not even get to practice, but they played anyway. As far as Reid goes, he will be a HC somewhere, maybe in San Diego.

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh, I'm not asking Coughlin to be removed. Gilbride though..I am sorry to say, but it is time for Coughlin to hang it up and enjoy his golden years. The game has passed him by too fast to be holding on to outdated play calling and do as I say not as I do.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 07:40 PM
He will get a HC opportunity from MANY teams

But absolutely I would take him as our OC

gmen46
12-30-2012, 07:58 PM
I am sorry to say, but it is time for Coughlin to hang it up and enjoy his golden years. The game has passed him by too fast to be holding on to outdated play calling and do as I say not as I do.

Since there are no player-coaches in the NFL as HC these days, all head coaches are "do as I say not as I do" coaches.

One year removed from winning his 2nd SB in 5 years and the game has passed Coughlin by? And you say the Giants front office makes no sense?

radar-ray
12-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Reid = NO.

Harooni
12-30-2012, 08:12 PM
take a chance???? you beg him

NorwoodBlue
12-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Since there are no player-coaches in the NFL as HC these days, all head coaches are "do as I say not as I do" coaches.

One year removed from winning his 2nd SB in 5 years and the game has passed Coughlin by? And you say the Giants front office makes no sense?

I think the point really is that the second half collapses are indicative of a coaching problem. Even last year, we squeaked into the playoffs by the skin of our teeth after a four game collapse. The players seem to tune Coughlin out after a certain amount of time. Coughlin himself says he has no answers for the performances against Atlanta and Baltimore. So, after being in control of our own destiny for quite a while, we end up watching Chicago eliminate us on TV. Until somebody comes up with an answer to the second half choke, I think Coughlin's true effectiveness as a coach will always be called into question.

nycisgreat
12-30-2012, 08:23 PM
KG is not getting fired.

Agreed. If he doesn't get offered a job this off season, he will definitely be back next season.

G-MENBK
12-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Agreed. If he doesn't get offered a job this off season, he will definitely be back next season.

Then he stays pat. Outside of Oakland that one time, how many teams seriously contemplated giving him an interview?

moosedrool
12-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Anybody who calls Gilbride Killdrive or thinks Gilbride is going to get fired immediately goes on my "doesn't understand football" list.

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 08:34 PM
I'd take him in a heartbeat but OC is not our problem............DC is a HUGE problem......we need someone MUCH more aggressive than Fewell

Killdrive is the bigger problem. You see what happens when he lets Eli fly free... you get games like the Saints, Packers, 49ers, and today's game. I'm not entirely sure that Reid is the solution (and I think he wants a HC gig anyway)... we need someone who is willing to let Eli shine like that top-tier QB he really is...

Drez
12-30-2012, 08:35 PM
No. And why would he take a coordinator job anyway?

G-MENBK
12-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Anybody who calls Gilbride Killdrive or thinks Gilbride is going to get fired immediately goes on my "doesn't understand football" list.

What the offense pulled off today is in no way indicative of what he has been prone to calling throughout this season. You can not tell me that teams did not have our offense figured out. There are only so many shotgun draws we can take, especially when we're talking about 2nd or 3rd and long.

moosedrool
12-30-2012, 08:41 PM
What the offense pulled off today is in no way indicative of what he has been prone to calling throughout this season. You can not tell me that teams did not have our offense figured out. There are only so many shotgun draws we can take, especially when we're talking about 2nd or 3rd and long.

What Gilbride criticizers don't understand is that if Nicks was healthy this year we are division champs and this thread doesn't exist.

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 08:44 PM
I think the point really is that the second half collapses are indicative of a coaching problem. Even last year, we squeaked into the playoffs by the skin of our teeth after a four game collapse. The players seem to tune Coughlin out after a certain amount of time. Coughlin himself says he has no answers for the performances against Atlanta and Baltimore. So, after being in control of our own destiny for quite a while, we end up watching Chicago eliminate us on TV. Until somebody comes up with an answer to the second half choke, I think Coughlin's true effectiveness as a coach will always be called into question.Very well said. I was just about to post the same thing until I read your post. People here are giving Coughlin a pass because he us a 2 SB winningn coach. Well, in my opinion he just happened to be the coach of a SB winning team. Thsi team won SB's not because of Coughlin, but in spite of him. When I say "do as I say not as I do" i mean his saying of "no practice, no play" and then we see the results. In the mean time, we have talent sitting and waiting on the bench and not been used because they are "not NFL ready". Seriously? Is Nicks at 40% more NFL ready than Randle? With all due respect to AB, Wilson needed to have more carries. Then how about this assenine decision to use Lumpkin instead if Wilson? You want to tell me that Lumpkin who was sitting out most of the season is more NFL ready than Wilson? Come non folks, Coughlin is done as a coach. He has to offer the same things that Andy Reid had to offer to the Eagles. Nothing more. It is time for change and unless it happens soon, we will be here again this time next year discussing the same things. 7 years of 2nd half collapse out of 9 says something about this coach. especially when he admits that he "does not have the answers" or "he does not understand because they had a great practice". Time for a change, don't you think?

Drez
12-30-2012, 08:45 PM
What Gilbride criticizers don't understand is that if Nicks was healthy this year we are division champs and this thread doesn't exist.What the KG haters don't realize is that you're supposed to breathe through your nose.

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 08:47 PM
What Gilbride criticizers don't understand is that if Nicks was healthy this year we are division champs and this thread doesn't exist.Well, we are not evn in the playoffs so this thread does exist and what you do not understand is that since Killdrive knew Nicks was not healthy, why did he design plays that had Nicks running 50 yards downfield? Why not use someone who was healthy? Besides, you seem to forget that the entire playbook this season was Run, Run, Pass, Kick.

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 08:49 PM
What Gilbride criticizers don't understand is that if Nicks was healthy this year we are division champs and this thread doesn't exist.

What Killdrive sympathizers don't understand is that you're supposed to adjust your scheme to accomodate injuries, not shoehorn people into the existing one...

moosedrool
12-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Besides, you seem to forget that the entire playbook this season was Run, Run, Pass, Kick.

Ridiculous statement

moosedrool
12-30-2012, 08:51 PM
What Killdrive sympathizers don't understand is that you're supposed to adjust your scheme to accomodate injuries, not shoehorn people into the existing one...

Toadofsteel you went on my "doesn't understand football " list a long time ago

nycisgreat
12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Then he stays pat. Outside of Oakland that one time, how many teams seriously contemplated giving him an interview?

Agreed! I have been telling his supporters the all year. "If KG was really as good as you portrait him to be, he would've been hired as a head coach again long time ago. I think other teams are probably still have his Chargers days fresh in their minds. Remember he also coach Ryan Leaf, and he was a complete bust. So right now it is a toss up to why he doesn't get that much interest will all the success he has had with the Giants.

gmen46
12-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Very well said. I was just about to post the same thing until I read your post. People here are giving Coughlin a pass because he us a 2 SB winningn coach. Well, in my opinion he just happened to be the coach of a SB winning team. Thsi team won SB's not because of Coughlin, but in spite of him. When I say "do as I say not as I do" i mean his saying of "no practice, no play" and then we see the results. In the mean time, we have talent sitting and waiting on the bench and not been used because they are "not NFL ready". Seriously? Is Nicks at 40% more NFL ready than Randle? With all due respect to AB, Wilson needed to have more carries. Then how about this assenine decision to use Lumpkin instead if Wilson? You want to tell me that Lumpkin who was sitting out most of the season is more NFL ready than Wilson? Come non folks, Coughlin is done as a coach. He has to offer the same things that Andy Reid had to offer to the Eagles. Nothing more. It is time for change and unless it happens soon, we will be here again this time next year discussing the same things. 7 years of 2nd half collapse out of 9 says something about this coach. especially when he admits that he "does not have the answers" or "he does not understand because they had a great practice". Time for a change, don't you think?

"in my opinion he just happened to be the coach of a SB winning team. Thsi team won SB's not because of Coughlin, but in spite of him"

I want to be clear here--I don't use this term loosely or lightly--but the above quote from you has to be the most stupid comment I've ever read or heard.in a sports discussion.

You might--MAYBE-- have some who agree with your thinking if there were just one game involved. But TWICE Coughlin was just standing on the sidelines during Super Bowl wins, having no impact on the same team and its achievement?

Lombardi
Shula
Landry
Knoll

Walsh
Gibbs
Flores
Parcells

Johnson
Shanahan

Belichick
Coughlin

These are the only NFL head coaches who have coached their teams to 2 or more Super Bowl wins. 12 coaches in 46 years.

To actually suggest any NFL team could win a Super Bowl "in spite of", "not because of", their head coach, let alone accomplish such a fantasy TWICE, places you in the Alternate Universe. All subsequent posts by you on this board shall be viewed as such.

And, as others on this board will be quick to chime in--as they always do when such an outrageous comment as yours here is criticized or debunked--you certainly have the right to express your opinion. You do.

But just because anyone has a right to say stupid things, it doesn't mean you should say them.

giantsfan420
12-30-2012, 09:59 PM
tom moore or keep KG...

mike kennedy
12-30-2012, 10:54 PM
He did get fired:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118990/article/andy-reid-out-as-philadelphia-eagles-coach

Thought they would do so tomorrow.

Reid is gonna take a year off to get his head back together. He is a good guy.

giantyankee1976
12-30-2012, 10:55 PM
no thanks he ONLY believes in Passing the Ball, run not so much...

Drez
12-30-2012, 10:57 PM
no thanks he ONLY believes in Passing the Ball, run not so much...
Yeah, if these guys thinks KG is too pass heavy...

Oh, wait, they think KG is too conservative and runs too much...

Oh, wait, they think KG passes too much...

Oh, wait..............

Kez Simpson
12-30-2012, 11:03 PM
"in my opinion he just happened to be the coach of a SB winning team. Thsi team won SB's not because of Coughlin, but in spite of him"

I want to be clear here--I don't use this term loosely or lightly--but the above quote from you has to be the most stupid comment I've ever read or heard.in a sports discussion.

You might--MAYBE-- have some who agree with your thinking if there were just one game involved. But TWICE Coughlin was just standing on the sidelines during Super Bowl wins, having no impact on the same team and its achievement?

Lombardi
Shula
Landry
Knoll

Walsh
Gibbs
Flores
Parcells

Johnson
Shanahan

Belichick
Coughlin

These are the only NFL head coaches who have coached their teams to 2 or more Super Bowl wins. 12 coaches in 46 years.

To actually suggest any NFL team could win a Super Bowl "in spite of", "not because of", their head coach, let alone accomplish such a fantasy TWICE, places you in the Alternate Universe. All subsequent posts by you on this board shall be viewed as such.

And, as others on this board will be quick to chime in--as they always do when such an outrageous comment as yours here is criticized or debunked--you certainly have the right to express your opinion. You do.

But just because anyone has a right to say stupid things, it doesn't mean you should say them.

Great post.

Kez Simpson
12-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Yeah, if these guys thinks KG is too pass heavy...

Oh, wait, they think KG is too conservative and runs too much...

Oh, wait, they think KG passes too much...

Oh, wait..............

He runs the shotgun Draw on 3rd and 1..

Oh, he throws the deep ball on 3rd and 1

Run, Run, Pass, Punt

Pass, Pass, Draw, Punt

He's to predictable, etc.

BParcells777
12-30-2012, 11:06 PM
DO YOU see what happens when Fewell breaks down and brings heat..........you get games like SFO and this one

moosedrool
12-30-2012, 11:21 PM
DO YOU see what happens when Fewell breaks down and brings heat..........you get games like SFO and this one

If every team we played had an injury depleted offensive line like the Eagles had today we'd go 16-0.

RoanokeFan
12-30-2012, 11:33 PM
take a chance???? you beg him

Oy

ashleymarie
12-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Very well said. I was just about to post the same thing until I read your post. People here are giving Coughlin a pass because he us a 2 SB winningn coach. Well, in my opinion he just happened to be the coach of a SB winning team. Thsi team won SB's not because of Coughlin, but in spite of him. When I say "do as I say not as I do" i mean his saying of "no practice, no play" and then we see the results. In the mean time, we have talent sitting and waiting on the bench and not been used because they are "not NFL ready". Seriously? Is Nicks at 40% more NFL ready than Randle? With all due respect to AB, Wilson needed to have more carries. Then how about this assenine decision to use Lumpkin instead if Wilson? You want to tell me that Lumpkin who was sitting out most of the season is more NFL ready than Wilson? Come non folks, Coughlin is done as a coach. He has to offer the same things that Andy Reid had to offer to the Eagles. Nothing more. It is time for change and unless it happens soon, we will be here again this time next year discussing the same things. 7 years of 2nd half collapse out of 9 says something about this coach. especially when he admits that he "does not have the answers" or "he does not understand because they had a great practice". Time for a change, don't you think?

+1

Zaggs
12-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Well I'd take my dog over Killdrive, so yes. But if Coughlin is still here I don't expect Killdrive to leave.