PDA

View Full Version : So far, we have missed the playoffs 3 out of the last 4 years.

TheBookOfEli
12-30-2012, 06:40 PM
So we won the Superbowl last year, great. However, our inconsistency has cost us big time. I don't know about you guys but i take nothing positive from this game. I'm heartbroken and depressed. Knowing that their will be playoff football next week and the Giants won't be there really hurts.

Something needs to be done about this "inconsistency" cause this is getting really out of hand. Our division opponents are only going to get better.

Giants need to get back to a winning formula and build this team through the trenches. I want the Oline revamped this off-season and the Dline to have some changes as well. Tuck and Osi need to go and JPP needs to take it to the next level.

1st round in the draft needs to go to either Oline or Dline. Linebacker and corner in rounds 2 and 3.

jaxnygmen
12-30-2012, 06:52 PM
Great post. There is an issue with consistency and depth. We need to draft better!! our first four to five round picks need to contribute on the off and def. just not on special teams.. I think CB might be our number one need. Webster due to make 9 mil. Way to much for his the kind of performances he has had. He either restructures or gets the chop. Rolle might be out also, all talk and nothing to back it up. Phillips is a FA. Although we need a stud OT, Interior DL, and MLB.

Flip Empty
12-30-2012, 06:54 PM
A linebacker is not going to help with consistency. This isn't a personnel issue as it's been present for years.

SweetZombieJesus
12-30-2012, 07:23 PM
The 2nd half collapses have been there since 2004. The roster has completely turned over in most spots.

Rebuilding the O-line is however an idea whose time has already come and gone, they were cracking in 2008. No more patching, rebuild.

And time to restock the D-line.

GmanSenior
12-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Great post. There is an issue with consistency and depth. We need to draft better!! our first four to five round picks need to contribute on the off and def. just not on special teams.. I think CB might be our number one need. Webster due to make 9 mil. Way to much for his the kind of performances he has had. He either restructures or gets the chop. Rolle might be out also, all talk and nothing to back it up. Phillips is a FA. Although we need a stud OT, Interior DL, and MLB.

I agree with most of what you said except the part about Rolle. He was arguably our best defensive player this season. Because of our other deficiencies Rolle is asked to do a lot more than most safeties.

gumby74
12-30-2012, 07:46 PM
I think the problem is with the co-ordinators. They don't know how to adjust when injuries hit. At the midway point in the season, that's when injuries start piling up no?

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 07:48 PM
I think the problem is with the co-ordinators. They don't know how to adjust when injuries hit. At the midway point in the season, that's when injuries start piling up no?

http://www.pokerrigged.com/wp-content/uploads/HLIC/9182eb4bb78f8ac56ba646529f74e872.gif

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 07:51 PM
I think the problem is with the co-ordinators. They don't know how to adjust when injuries hit. At the midway point in the season, that's when injuries start piling up no?You would think that Coughlin with all his experience and such would have been able to understand that, wouldn't you? But being a bystander in the sidelines and let your coordinators do the same thing without any adjustments, get you out of the playoffs in a hurry despite the 2 game lead in the division. Just utter failure all around.

TheEnigma
12-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Missing the playoffs or going one and done in the postseason is the norm for this team. Some of us (myself too) might be slightly guilty of expecting too much from this team in the big picture. We had two fantastic runs in 07 and 11 and while this era will never be spoken in the same light as the 80s top tier defense team, it's still something to be proud and appreciative of. With more young and hungry players joining the team in the upcoming offseason, we'll see more of an urge and passion to win.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Some of you Giants fan are crazy!!! 2 Super Bowl wins in 5 years and we are always in the mix of making the playoffs! The grass is always greener, right??
Let me ask you: what franchise are you envy of?

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Some of you Giants fan are crazy!!! 2 Super Bowl wins in 5 years and we are always in the mix of making the playoffs! The grass is always greener, right??
Let me ask you: what franchise are you envy of?

In a nutshell:
Patriots, Broncos, Texans, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Falcons, Packers, 49ers, Skins, Seahawks, Vikings...

TheAnalyst
12-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Some of you Giants fan are crazy!!! 2 Super Bowl wins in 5 years and we are always in the mix of making the playoffs! The grass is always greener, right?? Let me ask you: what franchise are you envy of?I think the point he is trying to make is this team has so much talent and can play like the best team in football when they are on. They destroy the Packers and 49ers this season to prove they are an elite team, but then lose to Philly because of a coaching error and lose to the Steelers when they were up 10 in the 4th. Look at the Bucs game. 2 completely different halfs. This team is bipolar. And its been like that forever. It starts up top. Head coach can wear the players thin throughout the season. The coordinators are not good at calling plays. The coaches can't motivate this team consistantly. That's an issue. Another mediocre regular season. 9-7 isn't good enough. A team to look at? The pats every year are a 10 win team. Any team Peyton is on. GB make the playoffs every year. Consistant. Yeah, we beat them when we play them, but we never play a full season and it cost us this year.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:22 PM
In a nutshell:
Patriots, Broncos, Texans, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Falcons, Packers, 49ers, Skins, Seahawks, Vikings...seriously? We beat the patriots twice in the Super Bowl. The bengals, texans, falcons, Seahawks and Vikings have never won the Super Bowl! 49ers, skins and broncos haven't won anything since the 90's. Giants have more Super Bowl wins than both the colts and packers in the last 10+ years!!!
Do I wish we made the playoffs this year? Of course I do!

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:24 PM
I think the point he is trying to make is this team has so much talent and can play like the best team in football when they are on. They destroy the Packers and 49ers this season to prove they are an elite team, but then lose to Philly because of a coaching error and lose to the Steelers when they were up 10 in the 4th. Look at the Bucs game. 2 completely different halfs. This team is bipolar. And its been like that forever. It starts up top. Head coach can wear the players thin throughout the season. The coordinators are not good at calling plays. The coaches can't motivate this team consistantly. That's an issue. Another mediocre regular season. 9-7 isn't good enough. A team to look at? The pats every year are a 10 win team. Any team Peyton is on. GB make the playoffs every year. Consistant. Yeah, we beat them when we play them, but we never play a full season and it cost us this year.i get that. The inconsistency is frustrating. But some fans are acting like we haven't done anything in the nfl for years!

NYGabriel
12-30-2012, 08:26 PM
seriously? We beat the patriots twice in the Super Bowl. The bengals, texans, falcons, Seahawks and Vikings have never won the Super Bowl! 49ers, skins and broncos haven't won anything since the 90's. Giants have more Super Bowl wins than both the colts and packers in the last 10+ years!!!

I think he was being sardonic.

JustinTuckNYG91
12-30-2012, 08:29 PM
seriously? We beat the patriots twice in the Super Bowl. The bengals, texans, falcons, Seahawks and Vikings have never won the Super Bowl! 49ers, skins and broncos haven't won anything since the 90's. Giants have more Super Bowl wins than both the colts and packers in the last 10+ years!!!

Sure, the Pats have won 3 Super Bowls. Have 11 seasons of 10 plus wins, one season with 9 wins. Have finished 1st or 2nd in the AFC East every year except Belichick's first season. I'd call that consistency. (All since Belichick's hiring in 2000)

TheAnalyst
12-30-2012, 08:30 PM
i get that. The inconsistency is frustrating. But some fans are acting like we haven't done anything in the nfl for years!Part of it is being spoiled. Part because we are frustrated right now and need time to cool off. We don't need an overhaul like some think, but some change is definitely needed. GB and NE are the 2 most respected teams, because they are always in the playoffs and have elite QBs.

Harooni
12-30-2012, 08:31 PM
phhht at fans being so satisfied over 1 playoff appearance out of 4 . no wonder the Front office doesnt make moves.

bearbryant
12-30-2012, 08:31 PM
And to go along with the posters idea. Its been back to 2009 since a championship team hasn't made the playoffs: (Pittsburg)

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
It's weird to think that if the Cowboys came back to beat us in week 17 of last year, this whole roster would be subject to rebuilding.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 08:34 PM
I think the point he is trying to make is this team has so much talent and can play like the best team in football when they are on. They destroy the Packers and 49ers this season to prove they are an elite team, but then lose to Philly because of a coaching error and lose to the Steelers when they were up 10 in the 4th. Look at the Bucs game. 2 completely different halfs. This team is bipolar. And its been like that forever. It starts up top. Head coach can wear the players thin throughout the season. The coordinators are not good at calling plays. The coaches can't motivate this team consistantly. That's an issue. Another mediocre regular season. 9-7 isn't good enough. A team to look at? The pats every year are a 10 win team. Any team Peyton is on. GB make the playoffs every year. Consistant. Yeah, we beat them when we play them, but we never play a full season and it cost us this year.

i'm not buying that 'talent' line anymore. i agree the inconsistency is brutal and infuriating, but this idea that we have this overflowing bounty of talent that's being wasted ain't holding water with me.

osi isn't osi anymore. web isn't web. phillips isn't healthy. tuck isn't tuck, snee isn't snee, interior d line still stinks, LBers stand out when the make a play because its so rare, Prince could be real could be meh, Hosley its too early, no prospect on the o line that makes anyone excited about the future, Nicks is turning into a training table fixture.

we were suppose to be this team with this unstoppable pass rush. Osi won't be here next year, tuck has had excuses for the last 2 seasons instead of consistent play, we don't get serious push up the middle. next year other than JPP what does this team really have on the line? and we all know that the o line looks more like a patch quilt than some great squad.

previous years there was definitely something to be said about squandering talent. i don't think that's the case anymore. what we do have is a whole lotta questions.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:36 PM
phhht at fans being so satisfied over 1 playoff appearance out of 4 . no wonder the Front office doesnt make moves.3 playoff appearances and 2 Super Bowl wins in the past 6 seasons.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Sure, the Pats have won 3 Super Bowls. Have 11 seasons of 10 plus wins, one season with 9 wins. Have finished 1st or 2nd in the AFC East every year except Belichick's first season. I'd call that consistency. (All since Belichick's hiring in 2000)

there's basically 2 teams like that in the NFL, pats and steelers.

after that there's everyone else, and we're probably at the heap of 'everyone else' because of our SB wins.

let's also keep this in mind: let's put the pats in the NFC east and let us play against the bills, dolphins, and jets every year and lets see who gets into the playoffs more consistently. for most of the last 10 years the Pats start with 6 near automatic wins each season based on their division.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:37 PM
3 playoff appearances and 2 Super Bowl wins in the past 6 seasons.i would like to do that every 6 seasons.

JustinTuckNYG91
12-30-2012, 08:45 PM

after that there's everyone else, and we're probably at the heap of 'everyone else' because of our SB wins.

let's also keep this in mind: let's put the pats in the NFC east and let us play against the bills, dolphins, and jets every year and lets see who gets into the playoffs more consistently. for most of the last 10 years the Pats start with 6 near automatic wins each season based on their division.

Last times the Super Bowl has been won by the following- Redskins- 1992, Cowboys- 1996, Eagles- 1960.
Those are facts, not hypothetical situations or changing entire divisions, opponents, Etc. I don't view in those scenarios because they're just that, scenarios, hypothetical situations, not facts.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:46 PM

let's also keep this in mind: let's put the pats in the NFC east and let us play against the bills, dolphins, and jets every year and lets see who gets into the playoffs more consistently. for most of the last 10 years the Pats start with 6 near automatic wins each season based on their division.all great points! The jets, bills and fins are awful teams every year! NFC east teams beat the crap out of each other every year!

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Last times the Super Bowl has been won by the following- Redskins- 1992, Cowboys- 1996, Eagles- 1960.
Those are facts, not hypothetical situations or changing entire divisions, opponents, Etc. I don't view in those scenarios because they're just that, scenarios, hypothetical situations, not facts.

do you have the same facts for the Jets, Bills and Dolphins?

the point is the combined record of the Redskins/Eagles/Cowboys is far better than Bills/Dolphins/Jets and it constitutes a significant advantage in making the playoffs.

i have a tonne of respect for the pats, but i'm not blind either.

NorwoodBlue
12-30-2012, 08:50 PM

Last year the Pats had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL over the last 8 games of the season.

GMEN86900711
12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
I'll gladly take 2 SB titles along with missing the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years over making the playoffs every year and winning nothing.

GMEN86900711
12-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Last year the Pats had one of the easiest schedules in the NFL over the last 8 games of the season.

The Pats went 11-5 without Tom Brady, and Cassel threw for over 400 yards 3 or 4 consecutive games.

nycsportzfan
12-30-2012, 08:56 PM
i'm angry at this game more then anything.. I mean, this shows yet again as clear as day that they show up when they feel like it, and simply can't when they don't. Look at last wk, even during the embaressment of a game, they just coulden't be proffesional and turn it around and play.. its pathetic really..

Great, we Won the 2SB's.. Thats certainly not gonna make me shrug off collapses like this.. Its one thing to not make postseason and ur losing nail biters u were right in,a nd its completely another when ur getting shallacked 33-0 and crap like that, in must wins against teams that lost 3straight and then lost again today.. Its embaressing..

People are nuts for thinking its OK just becuase we won a couple sb's in the last 5yrs.. THat makes it ok to waste away seasons? Whats wrong with winning more? The name of the game isn't win a SB and then u get a pass.. Its WIN as much as u can when u got the team and QB that can do so... WHo knows how long it'll be till we have a QB who can win it all? U have to rack up as many playoff berths, and titles as possible when u have the chance, and wasting away chances is sickening.. I don't care if they won 10in a row, i'd be massivley dissapointed in the way they played this yr..

Open ur eyes, people!

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 09:03 PM
i'm angry at this game more then anything.. I mean, this shows yet again as clear as day that they show up when they feel like it, and simply can't when they don't. Look at last wk, even during the embaressment of a game, they just coulden't be proffesional and turn it around and play.. its pathetic really..

Great, we Won the 2SB's.. Thats certainly not gonna make me shrug off collapses like this.. Its one thing to not make postseason and ur losing nail biters u were right in,a nd its completely another when ur getting shallacked 33-0 and crap like that, in must wins against teams that lost 3straight and then lost again today.. Its embaressing..

People are nuts for thinking its OK just becuase we won a couple sb's in the last 5yrs.. THat makes it ok to waste away seasons? Whats wrong with winning more? The name of the game isn't win a SB and then u get a pass.. Its WIN as much as u can when u got the team and QB that can do so... WHo knows how long it'll be till we have a QB who can win it all? U have to rack up as many playoff berths, and titles as possible when u have the chance, and wasting away chances is sickening.. I don't care if they won 10in a row, i'd be massivley dissapointed in the way they played this yr..

Open ur eyes, people!no one is suggesting any of what you just wrote.

Sarcasman
12-30-2012, 09:09 PM
In a nutshell:
Patriots, Broncos, Texans, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Falcons, Packers, 49ers, Skins, Seahawks, Vikings...

ROFLMFAO!

Yeah, me too.

JustinTuckNYG91
12-30-2012, 09:18 PM
do you have the same facts for the Jets, Bills and Dolphins?

the point is the combined record of the Redskins/Eagles/Cowboys is far better than Bills/Dolphins/Jets and it constitutes a significant advantage in making the playoffs.

i have a tonne of respect for the pats, but i'm not blind either.

Oh, now it's records of teams in different divisions? It's still the NFL and still football, a brutal, hard hitting sport.
Pats- 2004
Won Divisional Playoffs (Colts) 20–3
Won Conference Championship (Steelers) 41–27
Won Super Bowl XXXIX (Eagles) 24–21

Pats- 2003
Won Divisional Playoffs (Titans) 17-14
Won Conference Championship (Colts) 24-14
Super Bowl XXXVIII (Panthers) 32-29

Pats- 2001
Won Divisional Playoffs (Raiders) 16-13
Won Conference Championship (Steelers) 24-17
Won Super Bowl XXXVI (Rams) 20-17
None of which are obviously the Bills, Dolphins or Jets.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Oh, now it's records of teams in different divisions? It's still the NFL and still football, a brutal, hard hitting sport.
Pats- 2004
Won Divisional Playoffs (Colts) 20–3
Won Conference Championship (Steelers) 41–27
Won Super Bowl XXXIX (Eagles) 24–21

Pats- 2003
Won Divisional Playoffs (Titans) 17-14
Won Conference Championship (Colts) 24-14
Super Bowl XXXVIII (Panthers) 32-29

Pats- 2001
Won Divisional Playoffs (Raiders) 16-13
Won Conference Championship (Steelers) 24-17
Won Super Bowl XXXVI (Rams) 20-17
None of which are obviously the Bills, Dolphins or Jets.

dude, you lost me here. my point was that the divisional rivals of the Pats suck and make it easier for them to make the playoffs.

what's your point?

JustinTuckNYG91
12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
dude, you lost me here. my point was that the divisional rivals of the Pats suck and make it easier for them to make the playoffs.
what's your point?

The same one I made on the previous page-
"Last times the Super Bowl has been won by the following- Redskins- 1992, Cowboys- 1996, Eagles- 1960.
Those are facts, not hypothetical situations or changing entire divisions, opponents, Etc. I don't view in those scenarios because they're just that, scenarios, hypothetical situations, not facts."

TheShouldersOf
12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
phhht at fans being so satisfied over 1 playoff appearance out of 4 . no wonder the Front office doesnt make moves.

Quoted