PDA

View Full Version : Face It...This Team Has Too Many Guys Satisfied With Their Two SB's In 5 Years!

bigblue58
12-30-2012, 07:36 PM
They can talk about being just as hungry for another Lombardi trophy and how they have 2 rings but 10 fingers to fill...... and blah, blah, blah, but what we saw this season.....too many times, were guys who just flat out didn't give a damn if they made the playoffs or not and half *****ed it through a majority of the season!
They can be proud of themselves for going out "on a winning note", because I'm embarrassed enough for both of us!
Any Giant who dares utter the word PRIDE in conjunction with this team of quitters this season, should be cut on the spot!!!!!
They needed one win to take the division title.........they got blown out
They needed one victory to guarantee a WC berth......they got blown out
They beat the Eagles today...big f'ing deal
There is nothing to be proud about when you accomplish too little too late in a fight against a corpse!!!!!!

dreamer3kx
12-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Question, would you take two SB's in the next five years if I told you we miss the playoffs three times, HELL YEA!

SweetZombieJesus
12-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Not many guys have 2 rings.

Osi and Diehl are on their way out.

Kiwi was on IR for the first one, so was Hixon. Actually Hixon was on IR for both of them, wasn't he?

That leaves Tuck, Eli, Bradshaw, and Webby.

SweetZombieJesus
12-30-2012, 07:44 PM
but what we saw this season.....too many times, were guys who just flat out didn't give a damn if they made the playoffs or not and half *****ed it through a majority of the season!

Here's the thing, we see that EVERY SEASON, and worse, we often get it in the big spots, with playoffs on the line or IN the playoffs.

Start with 2005's home playoff loss to the Panthers, 23-0. Another standout is the 2009 loss (also to the Panthers) in the final game ever at Giants Stadium, with playoffs on the line, 41-9. There's about 10 more games like that, ending with the prior two weeks of this season against Atlanta and Baltimore. But it sure as hell is NOT NEW.

So it is not simply being satisfied with two rings, guess again. It happened before anybody had any rings.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm a fan that feels satisfied too. 2 Super Bowl wins in 5 years....that f'n awesome! I'm proud to be a Giants fan, we'll be right back in the mix next season!

TheBookOfEli
12-30-2012, 08:05 PM
We need new blood then! Guys who are hungry in getting their first ring!

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Everyone's talking like we haven't won the Super Bowl in years!!!!! Lol!

Harooni
12-30-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm a fan that feels satisfied too. this bothers me

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 08:13 PM
I feel satisfied too... I just had a snickers.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:14 PM
this bothers mewhy? Winning 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years leaves me feeling satisfied. Do I wish we made he playoffs this year....yes! We will remain contenders for a while.

Harooni
12-30-2012, 08:15 PM
lol Toad.

I have a serious problem with satisfied logic. this is exactly why i wrote that coughlin pads stats thread. it does have its way of pacifying fans.

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 08:16 PM
why? Winning 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years leaves me feeling satisfied. Do I wish we made he playoffs this year....yes! We will remain contenders for a while.

And the sad thing is everyone still looks at Eli like he's the derpy guy on the playground... Does he have to outpace Joe freaking Montana before people take him seriously?

Harooni
12-30-2012, 08:20 PM
I dont know if im shocked or angry that fans seem so cool with things because we ran up the score on a team that didnt really try for a meaningless game for them . Im down right disturbed that so many of you are still on a SB high. and i feel some players felt the same with comments like "you can't win the SB every year"

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 08:25 PM
i hate the up and down nature of this team.

the point is i'm willing to role the dice with the current coaching staff and FO leadership because when they get it right, jesus do they ever look great.

i still think the issue is there isn't a traditinoal fire and brimstone leader who can get in the faces of players and get them in line and listening.

we had that in stray, antonino pierce, we don't have that anymore, and we miss it.

i wouldn't trade eli for the world, but he's not gonna chew someone out in practice, tuck ain't gonna do it either.

i'd love to find a ray lewis type who could finish off his career here.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:31 PM
I dont know if im shocked or angry that fans seem so cool with things because we ran up the score on a team that didnt really try for a meaningless game for them . Im down right disturbed that so many of you are still on a SB high. and i feel some players felt the same with comments like "you can't win the SB every year"its the NFL!!! You know how hard it is to win and stay "consistent?" Why would you be angry at a fan who is happy with winning 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years? Would I love for the Giants to win the Super Bowl every year?! Yes!!!!!!!!

Harooni
12-30-2012, 08:34 PM
its the NFL!!! You know how hard it is to win and stay "consistent?" Why would you be angry at a fan who is happy with winning 2 Super Bowls in the last 5 years? Would I love for the Giants to win the Super Bowl every year?! Yes!!!!!!!! i agree its very hard, and you can't win the SB every year, but its the wrong attitude toward it.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:41 PM
i agree its very hard, and you can't win the SB every year, but its the wrong attitude toward it.winning is all that matters. We both obviously agree. Do we need to make some changes? Yes and I'm sure the team understands that. Like I said we are always in the mix of things and that's a good feeling. Hopefully 2013 will be a better season.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 08:45 PM
winning is all that matters. We both obviously agree. Do we need to make some changes? Yes and I'm sure the team understands that. Like I said we are always in the mix of things and that's a good feeling. Hopefully 2013 will be a better season.

i think almost everyone will agree with the fact that changes need to be made, but i get frustrated when the changes suggested are so radical and hard core that it ignores the fact that we've had alot of success.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 08:50 PM
i think almost everyone will agree with the fact that changes need to be made, but i get frustrated when the changes suggested are so radical and hard core that it ignores the fact that we've had alot of success.thats what I'm saying. Some people are suggesting to clean house! Some fans are crazy!!

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 09:03 PM
thats what I'm saying. Some people are suggesting to clean house! Some fans are crazy!!

some fans still have pet peeves about this team and there's a tiny little part of them that is cheesed at our rings because it means that some of those pet peeves are here to stay.

so when we have a brutal season, they have the smallest sliver of opportunity to try and pound home their point which has been chipped away by a couple championships.

bearbryant
12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Having guys who are "satisfied" with any type of performance always leads to problems. It breeds a let down in play, no desire to win, and a lack of intensity and fire. But the inconsistency in this team is not a new issue, its been going on for years. Its not due to the type of leaders but the lack of it on this team. This year we're leaderless and we've been there before.

I believe the inconsistency happens because this team does not always take advantage of the opportunities given to it. Whether its on dfense/ offense or ST's, the philosophy always used is one of conservative play. Didn't you see a difference in the defense today. It wasn't a raeda and react scheme, it was an agressive, hit 'em and blow up the play type scheme. We blitzed, we were tight in coverage, fewell had KP and Brown covering celek and the other TE so they couldn't run free. IT WAS AGRESSIVE! When the Eagles adjusted, fewell changed up the scheme.The offense showed the same type agressive play. GOD, we ran an end around today> when was the last time we did that.

This team needs to take advantage of opportunities and with the current philosophy and schemes, we will not.

I'm not saying that its all coaching either, its drafting, coaching and playing. Everything needs some changes.

Down-lifer
12-30-2012, 09:19 PM
some fans still have pet peeves about this team and there's a tiny little part of them that is cheesed at our rings because it means that some of those pet peeves are here to stay.

so when we have a brutal season, they have the smallest sliver of opportunity to try and pound home their point which has been chipped away by a couple championships.I couldn't have said it better myself.

nhpgiantsfan
12-30-2012, 10:10 PM
32 teams all spending the same payroll on their team. 2 rings is five years. I would sign up for 2 more in the next 5 years right now. Hell I would sign up for 1 in the next 5 years. We went 17 years between championships. We probably have about 6 years of Eli left, if we got one more I would be ecstatic.

This is not like baseball, you can't buy your way into the playoffs every year like the Yankees do.

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 10:13 PM
I'm not satisfied with this year, but I do try to keep the big picture in perspective.

...I also accepted that we weren't making the playoffs during halftime of the Atlanta game.

TheShouldersOf
12-30-2012, 10:31 PM
I dont know if im shocked or angry that fans seem so cool with things because we ran up the score on a team that didnt really try for a meaningless game for them . Im down right disturbed that so many of you are still on a SB high. and i feel some players felt the same with comments like "you can't win the SB every year"

i'm not, far from it