PDA

View Full Version : Simms philly quit

ibbill
12-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Simms said on the other tv station that Philly called this game in. NYG did not know if they should run or throw for 10 yds. It was that easy.

DarkSaint
12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Maybe after being down 35-7 at half, nah they controlled the ball to well in the 3rd quarter that our O only had 1 possession. Nahh probably on the final drive with our starters in on the TD to Hynoski. I always thought he was brilliant and knew the game well, but was really disappointed in his commentary in our PIT game.

Rich4114
12-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Did they mail it in when they attempted the on side kick to start the game off too?

Is Simms the new Tiki? What's the deal with this guy. It's like he's bitter Eli out shined him as the best Giants QB ever.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Did they mail it in when they attempted the on side kick to start the game off too?

Is Simms the new Tiki? What's the deal with this guy. It's like he's bitter Eli out shined him as the best Giants QB ever.

Hes just utter utter crap as an analyst.

Same guy who said pre-draft that Luck was nothing special and couldnt make difficult throws.

L.T.56
12-30-2012, 10:44 PM
idk what it is with these former giants just not being supportive of the team. the only one who seems to want them to do well is strahan.

Harooni
12-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Simms said on the other tv station that Philly called this game in. NYG did not know if they should run or throw for 10 yds. It was that easy.
he is right philly mailed it in , they knew they were done ,nothing to play for really. but i think we still beat them anyway.

ashleymarie
12-30-2012, 11:08 PM
It's a puzzlement. Warner, Toomer, Pierce, Simms.

dakotajoe
12-30-2012, 11:11 PM
You forgot Barber. I'm sure we'll be able to add Osi to the list soon.

Harooni
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Simms is correct and he also was right when he said eli wasnt HOF material. but that doesnt make him hate the giants org. some of you are very sensitive.

Roosevelt
12-30-2012, 11:16 PM

The score was 42-7. What the hell do you think happened out there?

Roosevelt
12-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Hes just utter utter crap as an analyst.

Same guy who said pre-draft that Luck was nothing special and couldnt make difficult throws.

I like Simms as an analyst. He's knows QB's and is more often right than wrong.

giantsfan420
12-30-2012, 11:19 PM
The score was 42-7. What the hell do you think happened out there?so that means Simms should discount and disqualif the effort of our guys? just seems an odd thing to say. its the "yeah, but..." condescending remarks he keeps making that rubs some the wrong way i guess

FBomb
12-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Well....Reid was told on Friday that he would be let go after the Giants game.....Does anyone REALLY believe he or they gave a **** about this game......and, more importantly, does it even matter? We are out of the playoffs because of US. Nothing else.

m0rbid1
12-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Phil is somewhat correct. Reid knew HE WAS GONE. The players knew CHANGE WILL BE MADE. This game probably didn't matter as much as in the past.

Roosevelt
12-30-2012, 11:25 PM
so that means Simms should discount and disqualif the effort of our guys? just seems an odd thing to say. its the "yeah, but..." condescending remarks he keeps making that rubs some the wrong way i guess

Simms has not said a word about the Giants that has rubbed me the wrong way.

Perhaps you can quote him instead of giving us your impression of what was said?

DarkSaint
12-31-2012, 12:00 AM
Simms is just a terrible analyst. If his qb play was anywhere comparable to his analytical skills, he would be a 3rd string QB at best.

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:02 AM
How many Super Bowls does Eli have to win to satisfy all these haters? He could win 5 super bowls, become more winning than Joe Montana, and you'd still have former Giants dissing his ***. Eli is the most disrespected QB in the sport today...

Roosevelt
12-31-2012, 12:03 AM
Simms is just a terrible analyst. If his qb play was anywhere comparable to his analytical skills, he would be a 3rd string QB at best.

Yes, that's why he's CBS's #1 color guy.

You gotta love the geniuses we have here.

Roosevelt
12-31-2012, 12:05 AM
How many Super Bowls does Eli have to win to satisfy all these haters? He could win 5 super bowls, become more winning than Joe Montana, and you'd still have former Giants dissing his ***. Eli is the most disrespected QB in the sport today...

If Phil said the Eagles mailed it in you think that is a slight to Eli?

DarkSaint
12-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Why are you taking this so personally Roosevelt?

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:13 AM
If Phil said the Eagles mailed it in you think that is a slight to Eli?

We're talking about the guy that said Eli is NOT HoF material, like Kurt Warner did. Is there any two-time SB MVP that didn't eventually make it into canton? I'm not asking for a first-ballot, I only want the GREATEST QB IN GIANT HISTORY to eventually make it there...

krankeybluechick
12-31-2012, 12:18 AM
Simms is correct and he also was right when he said eli wasnt HOF material. but that doesnt make him hate the giants org. some of you are very sensitive.

Why is Simms correct??? Could it be because he doesn't like Eli and neither do you. He actually goes out of his way to say sh*t about the Giants. He still has a hard on regarding how he was treated towords the end of his career. I use to love him when he played but lost all respect when he became an analyst.

Roosevelt
12-31-2012, 12:23 AM
Why are you taking this so personally Roosevelt?

Nothing personal. I'm only refuting your position with facts. Phil is the #1 analyst for CBS.

Roosevelt
12-31-2012, 12:25 AM
We're talking about the guy that said Eli is NOT HoF material, like Kurt Warner did. Is there any two-time SB MVP that didn't eventually make it into canton? I'm not asking for a first-ballot, I only want the GREATEST QB IN GIANT HISTORY to eventually make it there...

You seem to have your facts mixfused. Phil said that Eli was indeed a HOF'er.

You need to retract your comments.

dakotajoe
12-31-2012, 12:28 AM
Yes, that's why he's CBS's #1 color guy.

You gotta love the geniuses we have here.

Joe Buck is one of the lead commentators on FOX who does the World Series and Super Bowl. He has to be the best in the country, right?

I much rather listen to Tony Kornheiser.

Roosevelt
12-31-2012, 12:37 AM
Joe Buck is one of the lead commentators on FOX who does the World Series and Super Bowl. He has to be the best in the country, right?

I much rather listen to Tony Kornheiser.

Troy is the analyst, not Joe Buck.

But you like Tony, seriously? To each his own, but let's remember that loser lost his job.

Roosevelt
12-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Why is Simms correct??? Could it be because he doesn't like Eli and neither do you. He actually goes out of his way to say sh*t about the Giants. He still has a hard on regarding how he was treated towords the end of his career. I use to love him when he played but lost all respect when he became an analyst.

Phil has always had positive things to say about Eli.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 12:42 AM
You seem to have your facts mixfused. Phil said that Eli was indeed a HOF'er.

You need to retract your comments.

That's my recollection as well. And the whole HOF is ridiculous because it's too early to say that about any active QB with the probable exception of Peyton and Brady.

I don't recall Phil knocking Eli, he always seems complimentary and honest. Pointing out that Eli is inconsistent is being honest, not knocking him.

Roosevelt
12-31-2012, 12:50 AM
That's my recollection as well. And the whole HOF is ridiculous because it's too early to say that about any active QB with the probable exception of Peyton and Brady.

I don't recall Phil knocking Eli, he always seems complimentary and honest. Pointing out that Eli is inconsistent is being honest, not knocking him.

Thank you.

xRick52x
12-31-2012, 01:02 AM
he is right philly mailed it in , they knew they were done ,nothing to play for really. but i think we still beat them anyway.

Pretty foolish statement here. They go for an ONSIDES kick right at the beiginng of the game, sir. Maybe the mailed it in when the scoe was 35-7. Sheesh....some folks on this board here ;0)

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 01:12 AM
Pretty foolish statement here. They go for an ONSIDES kick right at the beiginng of the game, sir. Maybe the mailed it in when the scoe was 35-7. Sheesh....some folks on this board here ;0)

Yeah and then Vick threw one right to Brown and the rout was on. I think they quit before halftime.

GentleGiant
12-31-2012, 01:17 AM
It's a puzzlement. Warner, Toomer, Pierce, Simms.

Man forget Warner.

That guy was never a giant. Might as well say that Joe Montanna was the chiefs QB.

Every franchise has these guys.

Steelers had bradshaw. Packers had Favre.

Old farts talking it up and trying to stay relevant.

Can we just have gus johnson and al michaels commentating every game? Even jon gruden is getting on my nerves.

RagTime Blue
12-31-2012, 01:18 AM
Maybe after being down 35-7 at half, nah they controlled the ball to well in the 3rd quarter that our O only had 1 possession. Nahh probably on the final drive with our starters in on the TD to Hynoski. I always thought he was brilliant and knew the game well, but was really disappointed in his commentary in our PIT game.

Simms is a mediocre broadcaster. I don't doubt his knowledge, but he's just painful to listen to. Always has been.

Harooni
12-31-2012, 02:33 AM
here is the problem with young fans today as soon as the analyst says something non homerish or agaisnt the team they like , that analyst is garbage and sucks.