PDA

View Full Version : how much money will KP demand

bigbluetribe
12-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Im trying to think about how much KP will demand this off season. I know he is injury prone but its a lie to think he doesnt make this team better. Now I think Will HIll and Stevie are going to be studs in some time but KP is a solid player that helps us tremendously. Is he going to be looking for antrel money or something lower?

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 09:55 PM
With his history of injuries they shouldn't over pay for him. He is very good and a difference maker when healthy but he does get hurt a lot.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 09:58 PM
Might get a one year deal to regain his true value.

giantsfan420
12-30-2012, 09:58 PM
giants re-sign him to a 4 yr deal...prob 3-5 mil a season. nothing crazy. fair, but earned imo. injuries will bring his cost down, otherwise he should be a top 5 paid safety in this market.

its kinda perfect situation for us bc i dunno how teams view KP. he isnt producing mind blowing numbers by any means and is somewhat injury riddled. but he absolutely has top 5 safety talent imo and were it not for his injuries, would be a pro bowler type Safety. gotta believe he wants to stay here as well...

ny06
12-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Might get a one year deal to regain his true value.
That's what I'm thinking, I would also like the Giants to retain Stevie Brown.

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 10:04 PM
That's what I'm thinking, I would also like the Giants retain Stevie Brown.I believe Stevie is an RFA, so after his surprising year, I can't see negotiating anything longterm. I think we RFA tag him, which means we either retain him at a cap-friendly (not that anything in our current situation is cap-friendly) price, or we get compensated.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 10:04 PM
That's what I'm thinking, I would also like the Giants retain Stevie Brown.

and will hill, and Beatty, and Boothe, and Bennett, and Cruz, Carr, etc etc etc.

They have their work cut out for them.

GiantFanatic55
12-30-2012, 10:07 PM
and will hill, and Beatty, and Boothe, and Bennett, and Cruz, Carr, etc etc etc.

Hill's not a free agent until 2015

juice33s
12-30-2012, 10:07 PM

You want the Giants to resign David Carr?...Why?

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Hill's not a free agent until 2015

Youre right, thought he only had signed a one year deal. Three year deal works.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 10:09 PM
You want the Giants to resign David Carr?...Why?

Remember when they spent 5th round picks on QBs for like 3 years in a row? That didnt work much better.

If you want them to sign a different quality backup fine, but either way they need to spend some money there.

I know Harooni has his heart set on Brady Quinn

GiantFanatic55
12-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Youre right, thought he only had signed a one year deal. Three year deal works.

I'm glad we have him for another two years...He's a very solid player

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Remember when they spent 5th round picks on QBs for like 3 years in a row? That didnt work much better. If you want them to sign a different quality backup fine, but either way they need to spend some money there.I know Harooni has his heart set on Brady QuinnHe had a nice game today, 49 yards for your second favorite team

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 10:13 PM
He had a nice game today, 49 yards for your second favorite team

I think Quinn is awful, but I dont believe his football talent is why Harooni likes him anyway

juice33s
12-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Remember when they spent 5th round picks on QBs for like 3 years in a row? That didnt work much better.

If you want them to sign a different quality backup fine, but either way they need to spend some money there.

I know Harooni has his heart set on Brady Quinn
I'd rather have the hope of thinking we drafted the next Tom Brady, matt Shaub, Russell Wilson ect ect then knowing if Eli went down we have one of the biggest draft busts of the past decade backing him up

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 10:14 PM
I think Quinn is awful, but I dont believe his football talent is why Harooni likes him anywayThat's a safe bet

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 10:22 PM
just pointing out that eli's cap hit goes from $10 mill to $21 mill next year, mostly because of his restruturing this year to fit some deals in for the FO.

G-Men Surg.
12-30-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't know how much it will take to KP to sign with Big Blue but he has proven year in year out we are a different team with him on the field of play. He is a difference maker, big question mark with Kenny is his health. Its going to be a tough desicion for FO and personally I want that kid in Blue for life.