PDA

View Full Version : So did anyone notice KG's signature clock management

appodictic
12-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Score 28-7 1:30 seconds left in second quarter.

Throw throw throw, punt, 1:00 left in quarter. Eagles complete a 30 yard pass. Stevie Brown goes out of the game with injury making a tackle.

I know everyone is going to say he called a great game,,, but this was disgusting. A TD there would have put the eagles back in the game. Bad game managment, bad play selection, and I still have not heard if brown was injured.

I know everyone is going to give him the pass because we throttled a 4 win team, but this was bad.

Drez
12-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Yawn.

RoanokeFan
12-30-2012, 10:10 PM

Throw throw throw, punt, 1:00 left in quarter. Eagles complete a 30 yard pass. Stevie Brown goes out of the game with injury making a tackle.

I know everyone is going to say he called a great game,,, but this was disgusting. A TD there would have put the eagles back in the game. Bad game managment, bad play selection, and I still have not heard if brown was injured.

I know everyone is going to give him the pass because we throttled a 4 win team, but this was bad.

You're complaining about a 42 - 7 win?

Drez
12-30-2012, 10:11 PM
You're complaining about a 42 - 7 win?Remember that incompletion in the 3Q. That was KGs fault, too. And world hunger. And Justin Bieber.

ny06
12-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Eli Manning only had 5 td's clear indication of a weak arm... ;)

appodictic
12-30-2012, 10:15 PM

So you disagree that that was bad play selection? Especially since it happened to injured a guy with 8 ints?

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 10:16 PM
We do realize that Eli is the one who decides run/pass every play, right?

Roosevelt
12-30-2012, 10:17 PM

You need to understand the Gilbride philosophy. Whatever play makes sense to call, we call the opposite.

RoanokeFan
12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
So you disagree that that was bad play selection? Especially since it happened to injured a guy with 8 ints?

I know one thing, we don't know **** about what calls are given to Eli to pick from. All I've heard this week is *****ing about Run, Run, Pass, Punt. And now you ***** about throw, throw, throw, punt. We WON, get over it.

appodictic
12-30-2012, 10:20 PM
We do realize that Eli is the one who decides run/pass every play, right? I thought KG sends in two plays, and eli runs one, maybe he should just send in two running plays along with a note that says "Do not pass"

Roosevelt
12-30-2012, 10:21 PM
We do realize that Eli is the one who decides run/pass every play, right?

No. No matter how many times I've brought that up it is always ignored.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 10:22 PM
I thought KG sends in two plays, and eli runs one, maybe he should just send in two running plays along with a note that says "Do not pass"

I believe he gets more than two plays, but either way. Its usually just based on how the defense lines up. Two safeties deep = run, one safety deep = pass.

Thats why against the falcons when the falcons were running 2 deep the entire second half the giants ran a million shotgun draw plays.

Drez
12-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I thought KG sends in two plays, and eli runs one, maybe he should just send in two running plays along with a note that says "Do not pass"So, I suppose you were pissed off when we ran two passes after getting the ball back and scored a TD.

appodictic
12-30-2012, 10:29 PM
So, I suppose you were pissed off when we ran two passes after getting the ball back and scored a TD. And if the eagles would have scored a TD and then mounted a vick comeback would you be pissed off?

I am just saying you have to play the numbers in a situation like that you run out the clock. Or you at least run once to make sure if you punt the other team does not have any time.

The only reason it worked out is because the eagles are one of the few teams more inept then us.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Remember that incompletion in the 3Q. That was KGs fault, too. And world hunger. And Justin Bieber.

actually justin bieber is our fault.

sorry guys.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Wow.... I can't stand Gilbride but what?

YATittle1962
12-30-2012, 10:37 PM

so let me get this straight

it is now Kevin Gilbrides fault that a defensive player went out of the game with an injury while making a tackle playing a full contact sport ?

Drez
12-30-2012, 10:38 PM
And if the eagles would have scored a TD and then mounted a vick comeback would you be pissed off?

I am just saying you have to play the numbers in a situation like that you run out the clock. Or you at least run once to make sure if you punt the other team does not have any time.

The only reason it worked out is because the eagles are one of the few teams more inept then us.
Yawn.

Drez
12-30-2012, 10:39 PM

sorry guys.
But, we gave you Hufnagle.

Drez
12-30-2012, 10:40 PM
so let me get this straight

it is now Kevin Gilbride's fault that a player went out of the game with an injury playing a full contact sport ?It's also Gilbride's fault that the defense allowed a 30 yd pass.

I'm sure if we played more conservatively he be *****ing that we weren't aggressive enough.

bashful
12-30-2012, 10:40 PM

so if you win it can be an excuse for poor coaching. Really!!

Drez
12-30-2012, 10:44 PM

You mean like the run on the first play of that drive?

And the drive started with nearly 1:50 left on the clock, not 1:30.

Drez
12-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Another reason this thread is ridiculously stupid: Philly had all three of their timeouts left.

appodictic
12-31-2012, 12:35 AM
Another reason this thread is ridiculously stupid: Philly had all three of their timeouts left. And how many timeouts did we force them to use?

Drez
12-31-2012, 12:42 AM
And how many timeouts did we force them to use? Does it matter if when we punted there was 1:20 left instead of :53 and they still held a timeout? If the defense was still going to be giving up big plays in the passing game losing a timeout or two before regaining possession wouldn't have made much of a difference.

GameTime
12-31-2012, 12:47 AM
wow....

Drez
12-31-2012, 12:48 AM
wow....Yeah. I haven't been on much the past few weeks, yet it's seemed the collective board IQ has dropped 30 points, lol.

Giant stuck in Texas
12-31-2012, 01:20 AM

sorry guys. Celine Dion, Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morissette, Nickelback, yeah.... you guys need to knock it off already.http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-basic/dry.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

gmen46
12-31-2012, 04:47 AM
Yeah. I haven't been on much the past few weeks, yet it's seemed the collective board IQ has dropped 30 points, lol.

I think you're being generous.

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 08:19 AM
We do realize that Eli is the one who decides run/pass every play, right?No they dont. They think Eli just goes out there and blindly does what is said in his headset.

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 08:57 AM

Did you see the way KG tied his shoes this morning? Bush league!

Can his ***!

JPP=BEASTMODE
12-31-2012, 09:40 AM
I know one thing, we don't know **** about what calls are given to Eli to pick from. All I've heard this week is *****ing about Run, Run, Pass, Punt. And now you ***** about throw, throw, throw, punt. We WON, get over it.Some people are just never happy lol.

RoanokeFan
12-31-2012, 09:47 AM
Some people are just never happy lol.

THIS is a truism

Drez
12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
I think you're being generous. You don't know my starting point!! lmao!!

GameTime
12-31-2012, 01:06 PM
why do you need to manage the clock when you are up by 28-7 vs a team that was just going through the motions....

paulj
12-31-2012, 01:43 PM
I thought KG sends in two plays, and eli runs one, maybe he should just send in two running plays along with a note that says "Do not pass"

lmao

joemorrisforprez
12-31-2012, 01:49 PM

Great point....I was watching the game with my brother, and we pointed out the exact same thing.

Even in a blowout win, Gilbride manages to drive me crazy.

I think being a coordinator is sometimes like a game of chess. When a chess master has an advantage, he knows what he should and should not do to ensure a victory.

In Gilbride's case, the team has a commanding lead in the 2nd half, and two running backs that were very effective........why in the world he's heaving it down the field was an utter mystery to me. Just keep the ball on the ground and make the Eagles stop something they haven't stopped all game.

Drez
12-31-2012, 01:50 PM
why do you need to manage the clock when you are up by 28-7 vs a team that was just going through the motions....

I'm sure no matter what KG did the OP would find fault with it.

joemorrisforprez
12-31-2012, 01:56 PM
I'm sure no matter what KG did the OP would find fault with it.

OP has a point.....Gilbride often makes stupid decisions, including yesterday.

Only difference was the team was playing so great, and the Eagles were playing so poorly, that even Gilbride couldn't get in the way of a victory.

M00KIE
12-31-2012, 01:58 PM
I can see his point. It's a hard point to argue when you beat the crap out of someone, but it's just one of those KG things that make you question his logic. I think he called a great game and the players executed it finally. Having said that, yeah....That was a goof imo.

TheAnalyst
12-31-2012, 02:00 PM
Some of you let games like this cloud you judgement. I actually agree with the OP. Gilbride does this in all.our games and it costs us at times. Remember earlier this season @ Philly? Set for a 40ish yard FG, down 2 in the final.seconds and we.launch a pass to the endzone that Barden had to grab the defender otherwise it was a Int most likely. Pushes us back and Tynes misses the FG coming up like a yard short. Cost us the playoffs this year. Also his ganeplan vs the skins in the second game was so bad, Skins fans were wondering why we weren't throwing more against their horrible secondary. Gilbride is horrible IMO. He called a better game vs the eagles yesterday, but it was a day late and a dollar short. Remember the past 2 games? 7 points in 8 quarters.

OX1
12-31-2012, 02:04 PM
even Gilbride couldn't get in the way of a victory.

Pretty much sums up Killdrive................

Always has the perfect scheme as long as the other team cooperates.

Killdrive did finally have one quarter of creative playcalling.
1 out of 1700 ain't bad I guess...........

gmen46
12-31-2012, 02:24 PM

Yes, I did notice Gilbride's "signature time management".

54 yards, TD, in 13 seconds. Putting Giants ahead, 35-7. As the first half ended.

By the way, with Gilbride as OC, Eli has become one of the best in the NFL in scoring drives right before end of the half and/or end of the game. Perhaps that factored in KG's thinking?

sheepdip
12-31-2012, 02:30 PM

Very smart post. I am surprised I didnt post it myself. Ppl on this board only know the final score. They have no concept of bad game management that continues to happen with the giants. Its called no grasp of the game and short sightedness. Heck the coaches have been coaching for years and still miss these things thats scarry.

I thought TC was such a disciplinary yet these kind of blunders happen a lot. BTW some who responded with the final score and yawn dont realize we have lost by these same kind of issues before..... Even to the eagles before.

joemorrisforprez
12-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Some of you let games like this cloud you judgement. I actually agree with the OP. Gilbride does this in all.our games and it costs us at times. Remember earlier this season @ Philly? Set for a 40ish yard FG, down 2 in the final.seconds and we.launch a pass to the endzone that Barden had to grab the defender otherwise it was a Int most likely. Pushes us back and Tynes misses the FG coming up like a yard short. Cost us the playoffs this year. Also his ganeplan vs the skins in the second game was so bad, Skins fans were wondering why we weren't throwing more against their horrible secondary. Gilbride is horrible IMO. He called a better game vs the eagles yesterday, but it was a day late and a dollar short. Remember the past 2 games? 7 points in 8 quarters.

Gibride was instrumental in our losses to Philly and DC.

However, in the Philly game, if I'm not mistaken, it was Eli's decision to throw that ball to Barden......but even then, I blame the coaches....they should have called a mandatory run up the middle. Like you said, they were in FG distance.

Like you mentioned, that DC game was flat out ****ing awful.....once again, Gilbride opting to scheme away from the opponent's weakness....I sometimes wonder if he checks the schedule at all before installing his gameplan.

As far as Tynes is concerned, I think he's completely overrated....the guy is worthless outside 49 yards.

Let's face it.....Eli makes Gilbride look alot better than he really is. Sure, I'd look like a genius too if Eli is nailing 40 yard bombs all day. But that's not exactly a high-percentage attack.

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 02:41 PM
42-7 and your complaining. You have got to be kidding.

Drez
12-31-2012, 02:48 PM
42-7 and your complaining. You have got to be kidding.
No, they are dead serious. They hate KG so much that no matter what he does they find fault with it.

joemorrisforprez
12-31-2012, 02:50 PM
No, they are dead serious. They hate KG so much that no matter what he does they find fault with it.

OP brought up a good point.

The only difference was that yesterday, the players didn't allow Killdrive's brain farts to get in the way of a complete curb-stomping of an utterly defenseless Eagles team.

Drez
12-31-2012, 03:50 PM
OP brought up a good point.

The only difference was that yesterday, the players didn't allow Killdrive's brain farts to get in the way of a complete curb-stomping of an utterly defenseless Eagles team.
The point he brought up is horrible. We got the ball back with 1:48 left on the clock with Philly holding all their time outs. We also ran on the first play of the drive, got a first down on a penalty on the second play (a play that Randle should have caught a pass). At this point in time we're on our own 40 and only need another 25-30 yards to get into FG range.

The next pass was batted at the line. Cruz dropped a pass to his bread basket on the third pass. The 4th pass was a play where the protection broke down, but Eli was able to push the ball down the field to Bennett (which would have put us in FG range), and he let the ball go off his hands. So, we punt and pin the Eagles inside their 15. 3 timeouts left or not, the defense shouldn't be allowing the Eagles to score in that position anyway.

Now, if we just tried to run clock and forced Philly to use their timeouts, it's just as possible as not that they get the ball back with more time left on the clock and still manage to have 1 timeout left (figure runs on 1st and 2nd and a pass on 3rd and medium). So, what's the difference between getting the ball back with 1:20-1:25 left on the clock and one timeout and :53 with 3. I'd say not much, especially if the defense was still going to give up 30 pass plays. Blaming the offense for the defense giving up big plays is idiotic.

Being aggressive in that situation was not a problem

In summation, if we just tried running clock and anything negative happened on the defensive side of the ball the OP would still be here whining about how KG is predictable (run/run/pass/punt) and that we should have been more aggressive in the closing moments of the 2Q to go up another score, especially considering that the Eagles were getting the ball back after the half. KG should have realized that and wanted to score again before the break to not allow Philly to possibly score twice before we had another possession.