PDA

View Full Version : I'm still puzzled as to how underrated and underappreciated KP is on these boards

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 09:11 PM
He's a top 10 safety(roughly around(6-7)

1. Troy Polamalu/Ed Reed
2. Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu
3. Eric Berry
4. Earl Thomas
5. Eric Weddle
6. Antoine Bethea
7. Kenny Phillips
8. Kam Chancellor
9. Jairus Byrd
10. Dashon Goldson

some others but coming into the season that was my list

Anyway I keep seeing(on BBI as well) some fans saying he's average or not worth the money which is ridiculous.

Our defense with KP on the field is THAT much better.

He's had some freak injuries, I wouldn't call him injury prone.

We're lucky to have him as a Giant. Dallas would grab him in a heartbeat, as would Philly.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 09:17 PM
he's not worth nearly as much on the sidelines.

you know this already. to pay the man what he's worth when he's on the field is unrealistic and stupid.

those other safety's within 2 spots of KP on your list get $6 to $8 mill a season.

top 10 WRs get $10 mill a season and we've got 2 up for new contracts in short order.

we shouldn't pay KP $8 mill a season if he's gonna spend it riding a stationary bike.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 09:32 PM
he's not worth nearly as much on the sidelines.

you know this already. to pay the man what he's worth when he's on the field is unrealistic and stupid.

those other safety's within 2 spots of KP on your list get $6 to $8 mill a season.

top 10 WRs get $10 mill a season and we've got 2 up for new contracts in short order.

we shouldn't pay KP $8 mill a season if he's gonna spend it riding a stationary bike.

Who said anything about paying him $8mil a season? He's a FA and will probably get a contract similar to either Kiwi as I'm sure he want to stay a Giant and the Giants want him back.

I'm sure there will be a lot of incentives.

gmen0820
12-30-2012, 09:33 PM
It's that knee that concerns me.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 09:35 PM
I hate lists, but I would just like to point out that Earl Thomas is pretty average (the scheme helps him, along with excellent CBs and a strong safety who does all the heavy work).

And Eric Berry is not a top safety, he has been very poor this year, though he is coming off a torn ACL.

EliDaMANning
12-30-2012, 09:35 PM
I think he's top 5. And he's significantly better then Brown even though these boards are obsessed with a guy who waits for floaters but conveniently ignore his flaws that have hurt the Giants.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 09:36 PM
I hate lists, but I would just like to point out that Earl Thomas is pretty average (the scheme helps him, along with excellent CBs and a strong safety who does all the heavy work).

And Eric Berry is not a top safety, he has been very poor this year, though he is coming off a torn ACL.
Was my list coming into this season not sure what it looks like now.

TheEnigma
12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Everyone loves the turnovers. Very few people appreciate solid and consistent deep field coverage.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
I think he's top 5. And he's significantly better then Brown even though these boards are obsessed with a guy who waits for floaters but conveniently ignore his flaws that have hurt the Giants.
Steve Brown is a stud you are NUTS... he has a lot of promise.

How could you POSSIBLY think otherwise?

He not only picks the ball off but he gets deflections as well and causes fumbles. He had 76 tackles this season to boot.

Do you know how hard it is to get 8 INT's?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Everyone loves the turnovers. Very few people appreciate solid and consistent deep field coverage.
EXACTLY this.

QB's fear throwing KP's way. Don't believe me? Ask Romo. Ask OC's.

I read a quote I forget but it echoed that sentiment.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 09:40 PM

He not only picks the ball off but he gets deflections as well and causes fumbles. He had 76 tackles this season to boot.

hes also allowed a significant number of catches, big plays, and TDs.

Teams dont throw those deep balls near KP when KP is on the field. They dont respect Stevie Brown much at all.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 09:42 PM
hes also allowed a significant number of catches, big plays, and TDs.

Teams don't throw those deep balls near KP when KP is on the field. They dont respect Stevie Brown much at all.

Of course not because no one really knows who he is, much like Cruz last season lol(not quite the same but you get the reference)

Sure he makes mistakes. He's still only 25 in a brand new scheme.

He had 11 PD's. He's a hell of a ball hawk.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Of course not because no one knows who he is, much like Cruz last season lol

Sure he makes mistakes. He's still only 25 in a brand new scheme.

He had 11 PD's. He's a hell of a ball hawk.

Yea, 19 total times he was credited with getting his hands on a ball, 8 of them picks.

KP had 15 last season.

A couple tipped balls go KPs way and he has similar numbers.

I like Stevie Brown a lot, but he has a ways to go to being a great safety.

juice33s
12-30-2012, 09:46 PM
You forgot Kerry Rhodes, Mark Barron, Thomas Decoud, Ryan Clark, Daniel Manning, Morgan Burnett, Michael Griffin, Reggie Nelson, Malcom jenkins, reshad jones, TJ ward, Charles Woodson, Tyvon Branch, Antoine Bethea, Adrian Wilson, Laron landry, Stevie Brown ect, ect, ect, ect....Kenny Phillips is just another guy and I'm sure the interest in FA will reflect that

EliDaMANning
Steve Brown is a stud you are NUTS... he has a lot of promise.How could you POSSIBLY think otherwise?He not only picks the ball off but he gets deflections as well and causes fumbles. He had 76 tackles this season to boot.Do you know how hard it is to get 8 INT's?no I'm not ready to call him a stud just yet. He has ability but he gets picked on just as much as well. He also takes bad angles on run plays which lead to huge gains. I appreciate his turnover abilities don't get me wrong. But I wouldn't mind sacrificing a few of those for some consistency. KP consistency.

TheEnigma
We can agree that both of them are better in coverage than Rolle. Very rarely does Rolle do something amazing that isn't near the LoS.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 09:47 PM
We can agree that both of them are better in coverage than Rolle. Very rarely does Rolle do something amazing that isn't near the LoS.

Rolle rarely does something amazing anywhere on the field.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Yea, 19 total times he was credited with getting his hands on a ball, 8 of them picks.

KP had 15 last season.

No doubt, but he has great promise.

I don't see a "flash in the pan" I see a very promising player with a lot of room for growth.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Who said anything about paying him $8mil a season? He's a FA and will probably get a contract similar to either Kiwi as I'm sure he want to stay a Giant and the Giants want him back.

I'm sure there will be a lot of incentives.

so he's on that top 10 safeties list but make half of what they make?

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 09:51 PM
You forgot Kerry Rhodes, Mark Barron, Thomas Decoud, Ryan Clark, Daniel Manning, Morgan Burnett, Michael Griffin, Reggie Nelson, Malcom jenkins, reshad jones, TJ ward, Charles Woodson, Tyvon Branch, Antoine Bethea, Adrian Wilson, Laron landry, Stevie Brown ect, ect, ect, ect....Kenny Phillips is just another guy and I'm sure the interest in FA will reflect that
You are high.....

Are you serious?

Not a single safety on that list is better than KP. Charles Woodson is not a safety albeit he's played that hybrid roll.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 09:52 PM
so he's on that top 10 safeties list but make half of what they make?
Are you saying he's not a top 10 safety?

What I'm saying is because of some health issues he will have to prove himself of a larger/long term contract.

juice33s
12-30-2012, 09:54 PM
You are high.....

Are you serious?

Not a single safety on that list is better than KP. Charles Woodson is not a safety albeit he's played that hybrid roll.
lol, I guess you didn't hear the news that Charles Woodson was switched to safety this season?...Anyway I don't think one team would trade any of those players for KP

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Are you saying he's not a top 10 safety?

What I'm saying is because of some health issues he will have to prove himself of a larger/long term contract.

i'm saying if you're going to be considered one of the top 10 players in a position that has 64 starters in the league, you have to be on the field more than he is.

BlueReign
12-30-2012, 09:59 PM

Do you know how hard it is to get 8 INT's?
Stud? No.

juice33s
12-30-2012, 10:03 PM

KP had 15 last season.

One thing you're forgetting to mention is that stevie barely played the first 3 games of the season, and as much as ppl want to say this was just an abberration/anamoly for SB, so was last season for KP where he practically doubled his career numbers in INT's and PD's

NYG4lifeNYK
12-30-2012, 10:05 PM
lol, I guess you didn't hear the news that Charles Woodson was switched to safety this season?...Anyway I don't think one team would trade any of those players for KP
Must of missed that memo

If healthy they would all take KP

Coming into the season KP was borderline top 5

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 10:08 PM
One thing you're forgetting to mention is that stevie barely played the first 3 games of the season, and as much as ppl want to say this was just an abberration/anamoly for SB, so was last season for KP where he practically doubled his career numbers in INT's and PD's

Well KP missed a game in 11 too, so the difference is at best 2 games.

And Im not really talking about KPs numbers as much as what he does on the back end. Teams really do not throw the post at all with him playing deep third. We have seen teams try to do that this season with Brown back there, and Brown has a couple take aways from that happening.

Likely teams are seeing that Brown doesnt or hasent played that consistently well, which is why they are going after him a bit.

Brown doesnt need to put up big numbers to keep teams from throwing near him, but he does need to be where he is supposed to be more often. KP excels at that.

DemandedAce
12-30-2012, 10:34 PM
He's a top 10 safety(roughly around(6-7)

1. Troy Polamalu/Ed Reed
2. Ed Reed/Troy Polamalu
3. Eric Berry
4. Earl Thomas
5. Eric Weddle
6. Antoine Bethea
7. Kenny Phillips
8. Kam Chancellor
9. Jairus Byrd
10. Dashon Goldson

some others but coming into the season that was my list

Anyway I keep seeing(on BBI as well) some fans saying he's average or not worth the money which is ridiculous.

Our defense with KP on the field is THAT much better.

He's had some freak injuries, I wouldn't call him injury prone.

We're lucky to have him as a Giant. Dallas would grab him in a heartbeat, as would Philly.

He's probably top five most years when not injured, didn't let up a single td all last year. He's my favorite player and people do underrate him a lot for some reason, he doesn't get picks because he shuts down his area, qbs don't throw anywhere near him

DemandedAce
12-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Also I hope he gets a one year deal to prove himself