PDA

View Full Version : CONSIDER THIS...

elitocruz
12-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't trade the last two super bowls for anything. HOWEVER, the Coughlin/Eli duo has ZERO playoff wins outside of the super bowl runs. and now they've missed the post season all together in 3 of the last 4 seasons. if both were to retire tomorrow, are the resumes hall of fame resumes? or just hall of very good? (Before you say Tom has won two super bowls, so did another Tom. Flores. and he's not in.)

Drez
12-30-2012, 09:24 PM
****ing really?

giantyankee1976
12-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Eli's sometimey, up-and-down, irratic, play dooms him from any HoF talk...Coughlin probably needs one more and that's because the Media is so MF'n fickle...

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Aaron Rodgers has no playoff wins outside of his SB run either.

CDN_G-FAN
12-30-2012, 09:26 PM
that's true and i was posting about this alot last year, but let's be honest, with that 2nd SB win, its just bad to try and make any case for replacing coughlin.

any serious HC in the league would be pretty wary of signing on with the Giants knowing that consistency trumps championships.

elitocruz
12-30-2012, 09:28 PM
excellent point. however, he's only been playing since 2008.
Aaron Rodgers has no playoff wins outside of his SB run either.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 09:29 PM
excellent point. however, he's only been playing since 2008.

Hes also only two years younger than Eli.

elitocruz
12-30-2012, 09:30 PM
I actually don't think Tom needs another super bowl. Just think he needs some nice seasons. at least make a run to the conf champ. or have a couple of 11-5/12-4 seasons or better.,

Eli's sometimey, up-and-down, irratic, play dooms him from any HoF talk...Coughlin probably needs one more and that's because the Media is so MF'n fickle...

elitocruz
12-30-2012, 09:31 PM
but sat for years waiting for Favre to retire. cannot count those years.

Hes also only two years younger than Eli.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 09:33 PM
but sat for years waiting for Favre to retire. cannot count those years.

Only way those seasons "dont count" is if Rodgers plays longer than Eli.

Sitting on a bench because you arent the best QB on your own team is not exactly a positive.

FloydEddings2
12-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Bear in mind Tom has won wherever he's coached. RPI, BC, JAGS, NYG. I'm not his biggest fan but he wins games.

elitocruz
12-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Favre was still playing at an incredibly high level, that was not an indictment on Rodgers. It's same as if Colts kept Peyton and sat Luck for 2-3 years. Can't count that against Luck.

Only way those seasons "dont count" is if Rodgers plays longer than Eli.

Sitting on a bench because you arent the best QB on your own team is not exactly a positive.

elitocruz
12-30-2012, 09:35 PM
the college stuff won't be considered. it's the pro football hall of fame. it's not like basketball or baseball.

Bear in mind Tom has won wherever he's coached. RPI, BC, JAGS, NYG. I'm not his biggest fan but he wins games.

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Favre was still playing at an incredibly high level, that was not an indictment on Rodgers. It's same as if Colts kept Peyton and sat Luck for 2-3 years. Can't count that against Luck.

You cant count it for them either.

Rodgers is two years younger than Eli, but has played 4 less seasons.

Thats 4 years that Rodgers has to make up, by playing later into his career or having more success now.

And he has not won a playoff game in his career outside of his SB run.

Eli has done that twice.

mike kennedy
12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Wouldn't trade the last two super bowls for anything. HOWEVER, the Coughlin/Eli duo has ZERO playoff wins outside of the super bowl runs. and now they've missed the post season all together in 3 of the last 4 seasons. if both were to retire tomorrow, are the resumes hall of fame resumes? or just hall of very good? (Before you say Tom has won two super bowls, so did another Tom. Flores. and he's not in.)

Worthless post!

elitocruz
12-30-2012, 09:41 PM
you're stating facts. I'm not disagreeing. You're actually making my argument. Eli has more seasons, meaning more opportunity to win additional playoff games. Rodgers has had 4 years, and won once. Like Eli's 1st 4 years. We'll see what happens with Rodgers next week.
You cant count it for them either.

Rodgers is two years younger than Eli, but has played 4 less seasons.

Thats 4 years that Rodgers has to make up, by playing later into his career or having more success now.

And he has not won a playoff game in his career outside of his SB run.

Eli has done that twice.

elitocruz
12-30-2012, 09:48 PM
than why reply? read it. dismiss it. move on.
Worthless post!