PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think for 2013

FOFORLIFE
12-30-2012, 10:40 PM
With all the years of ignoring LB and OL in the draft, it seems to have caught up.Will any of us be content with Paysinger, Williams, and Herzlich starting for us next year?With our cap situation keeping Boley looks to be less than 50%. Blackburn is a nice player but he's not a shutdown LB.Kiwanuka needs to move back to DE once Osi and Tuck are gone (yes, cut Tuck).JPP, Kiwi, Ojomo, Tracy I see as our DE rotation next season.DT is a messy situation it looks like that Austin pick won't pan out.T2 can't be brought back, so if Webster is cut do you guys feel comfortable with Prince and Hosley with Tryon in there? Especially with their injury issues I certainly don't.Safety. Is KP worth resigning ? With our cap tight I don't see him coming back and see Brown with Rolle back there in 2013.BTW don't be surprised to see Giants bring in McClain on the cheap next year.Draft :LBOLCBDTOLLBK

Harooni
12-30-2012, 10:48 PM
I think the front office put us in a poor cap situation and we now have very little for FA this summer.

Zaggs
12-30-2012, 10:54 PM
I think the front office put us in a poor cap situation and we now have very little for FA this summer.

You may as well just set a forum rule to post this at the end of every season since its been true last number of years.
Saw one site showing the Giants had the least amount of cap space in the NFC East.

Toadofsteel
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm gonna split up each point

With all the years of ignoring LB and OL in the draft, it seems to have caught up.
Indeed. No arguments here. We need to draft OL exclusively the first 3 rounds.

Will any of us be content with Paysinger, Williams, and Herzlich starting for us next year?With our cap situation keeping Boley looks to be less than 50%. Blackburn is a nice player but he's not a shutdown LB.Kiwanuka needs to move back to DE once Osi and Tuck are gone.I think Blackburn has one more year left in him. Williams and Rivers can still do some damage (and if they both rotate on strong side we can maximize health between the two). Boley I think stays and finishes his career as a Giant.

(yes, cut Tuck).
Either that or force him to take a massive paycut and make him rotational only.

JPP, Kiwi, Ojomo, Tracy I see as our DE rotation next season.
I'm 100% on board with that.

DT is a messy situation it looks like that Austin pick won't pan out.
Yet the team is going to give him barden-level leverage. Ugh. At least we get Markus Kuhn back next year as well, so he can rotate in with Canty and Linval (Bernard should be gone)

T2 can't be brought back, so if Webster is cut do you guys feel comfortable with Prince and Hosley with Tryon in there? Especially with their injury issues I certainly don't.

Safety. Is KP worth resigning ? With our cap tight I don't see him coming back and see Brown with Rolle back there in 2013.
I think we can convert Will Hill to full-time slot corner. KP Stevie and Rolle will be our safety group. I think with his injury history, KP can be gotten for cheaper, to be completely honest... We would need to sink a 3rd or 4th into CB for depth, but Prince/Hosley should be our starting combo, with Hill as slot corner. KP Rolle and Stevie complement each other perfectly, and have a wide range of skill sets between them. That is what makes the 3 safety set work more than just putting 3 guys in the safety position out there. Rolle is great vs the run for a safety and plays great in the box, Stevie is a great ball hawk, and KP is great covering deep.

giantsforce
12-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Since the 3 stooges will be back, we are guaranteed of another 2nd half collapse and no playoffs again. If you think just bringing new players, especially through the draft, will make a difference, then get ready for some more disappointment.

Buddy333
12-30-2012, 11:55 PM
They are not that far off. Patch up the OL and DL. They have a bunch of young play makers in offense. Just have to stay healthy. With a year under their belt Wilson and Randle could make this offense really good again. Of course this is if Nicks can stay healthy. They have a lot of good young players in their secondary. They will née to work on the DL. They live on pressuring the QB which they did not do a old job of this year.

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-31-2012, 12:09 AM
Next year's schedule is more manageable and hopefully that means one or two more wins if they can fix the OL and DL and DBs we'll be in good shape as long as the WRs are healthy.

myles2424
12-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Between Oline,LB,DE,DT,CB go BPA the whole thought the draft no matter what.....sorry,but no project picks outta nowhere, just straight BPA.... Restructure contracts,cut dead weight & hopefully we can manage Atleast 1 big FA signing & a few quality bargains....

rEaS
12-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Since the 3 stooges will be back, we are guaranteed of another 2nd half collapse and no playoffs again. If you think just bringing new players, especially through the draft, will make a difference, then get ready for some more disappointment.

yeah cause it's not like we have a winning record every year and almost always make the playoffs right? geez.. bitter much?

giant-4-life
12-31-2012, 12:47 AM
I sure hope the FO forces coughlins hand by making him change coaching syaff primarily at OC and DC. our game changes are required. cut AB and stick with Brown and whoever else wo have. get rid (release) osi and tuck, they have no more tread. we need to focus on LB and OL exclusively this April

gabriel_1
12-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Yes we do have to pick an OL in the first three rounds of the Draft, that is for sure. The Giants have a much easier schedule and are very capable of having a nice season. However I think our corner back situation is bad. Corey makes $9,474,000, iif the Giants cannot re-structure his contract he will be gone. But Prince has been solid covering the #2, we don't know yet if he can have the same production on the #1; Jayron Hosley is on the TOP 10 worst CBs on the NFL by PFF. Prince and Hosley can't stay healhty all year, that leaves us with T2, who came out of his 3rd ACL injury and Justin Tryon. I know we want to protect Eli, but considering that out defense is ranked 31st in the league and two of our corners are in the TOP 10 worst, I think this position has a MAJOR need.

Carter.525
12-31-2012, 01:00 AM
^^ bingo

Cloud57
12-31-2012, 01:01 AM
Yes we do have to pick an OL in the first three rounds of the Draft, that is for sure. The Giants have a much easier schedule and are very capable of having a nice season. However I think our corner back situation is bad. Corey makes $9,474,000, iif the Giants cannot re-structure his contract he will be gone. But Prince has been solid covering the #2, we don't know yet if he can have the same production on the #1; Jayron Hosley is on the TOP 10 worst CBs on the NFL by PFF. Prince and Hosley can't stay healhty all year, that leaves us with T2, who came out of his 3rd ACL injury and Justin Tryon. I know we want to protect Eli, but considering that out defense is ranked 31st in the league and two of our corners are in the TOP 10 worst, I think this position has a MAJOR need.
I don't know about that, we need some talent on defense too.

giantsforce
12-31-2012, 01:01 AM
yeah cause it's not like we have a winning record every year and almost always make the playoffs right? geez.. bitter much?Nothing like accepting mediocrity as the norm! According to your logic almost always making the playoffs has the same value as almost always winning the lottery which will make you almost always a millionaire! Well that's almost brilliant and you will be almost famous.

gabriel_1
12-31-2012, 01:09 AM
I don't know about that, we need some talent on defense too.

On defense we need LBs, DEs, DTs and CBs. Think thoughtfully at DEs we still have JPP. At LB Chase still has a year under his belt, and Boley has been pretty ok. But at CBs got bless that position, because they will be torn apart if that doesn't get fixed. There is only one active player in the NFL who has come out of his 3rd ACL injury on the same knee, therfore you can pretty much count out T2. Do you think Justin Tryon can contribute, I mean he can't even catch an onside properly. Therefore again we are with a TOP 10 corner, Prince, who has been covering the #2 and J.Hosley a TOP 10 worst.

NYGFaninILL
12-31-2012, 03:04 AM
Your forgetting in the past 3 years there has been **** in terms of quality O-Linemen in the draft. Jerry Reese has always been a best available Drafter.

rEaS
12-31-2012, 10:48 AM
Nothing like accepting mediocrity as the norm! According to your logic almost always making the playoffs has the same value as almost always winning the lottery which will make you almost always a millionaire! Well that's almost brilliant and you will be almost famous.

are you stupid? seriously? do you realize that that 'making the playoffs almost all the times' has made us win it all two times? There's no team that makes the playoffs every year.. (except the patriots who get gifted 6 division games a year and still sometimes manage not go to the playoffs)... if you think having a winning record since 2004 and two superbowl wins in that span is mediocrity than a sorry fan you are.. not sure if you expect to win every game all the time..

bitter fan.. just bitter..