PDA

View Full Version : First REALLY GOOD Game since Pats...

CA Jints Fan
12-24-2011, 05:41 PM
Much better quality win than the last one in Dallas....Next week is looking real interesting!

Great X-MAS present G-Men fans!.

Giants10EM
12-24-2011, 05:41 PM
The defense played well but the offense was sloppy as hell.

nYg24
12-24-2011, 05:42 PM
the refs tried as hard as they could to give the Jets this game. Huge effort from the defense, amazing game.

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 06:00 PM
The defense played well but the offense was sloppy as hell.Right on. The D came alive and made the stops, however the offense rally stunk today. Luckily the running game cam alive in the second half or else, we could not count on Eli to do anything. Eli is reverting to the old Eli we are used to. Then again, the play calling was as usual horrendous

yoeddy
12-24-2011, 06:03 PM
This was *not* a good-looking win...

Sarcasman
12-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Much better quality win than the last one in Dallas....Next week is looking real interesting!

DId you see the game?

Don't get me wrong, I"ll take the win but if we were playing a good team that game is a loss. Mediocre play all around.

Thankfully mediocre was enough

NYG 5
12-24-2011, 06:08 PM

defensively, it was a good win.

although Eli had a bad game, Nicks was just not moving out there. the only bright spots were Cruz trucking on, Bradshaw looking healthier, BJ looking healthier and in the game, amd the offensive line actually opening up some good lanes.

egyptian420
12-24-2011, 06:09 PM
O looked terrible all game, I Definitely think we should bring back Petrus. Our run game and pass blocking was terrible. Our defense was also pretty bad in the first half but they went hard in the 2nd half.

Nothing better than ending the jets and eagles' season and helping ours all in one win. Merry Christmas everyone!!! I know I got my present!

gumby742
12-24-2011, 06:11 PM

Are you nuts? Our offense was anemic. We can't get both the offense AND the defense to both show up in one game.

Win or no win, the coaching staff needs to go.

Sarcasman
12-24-2011, 06:11 PM
The defense played well but the offense was sloppy as hell.Right on. The D came alive and made the stops, however the offense rally stunk today. Luckily the running game cam alive in the second half or else, we could not count on Eli to do anything. Eli is reverting to the old Eli we are used to. Then again, the play calling was as usual horrendous

A pretty crappy effort all around. It's nice that a mediocre defensive effort now gets celebrated as great, proving apparently that it is all relative.

The playcalling was horrendous and other than Cruz's 99 yarder the receivers were brutal again.

barran21
12-24-2011, 06:12 PM
No Mario and Ballard and the next man up didn't step up today, Barden suuuuuuckkk..

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-24-2011, 06:15 PM
The defense owed the offense a good game. Hopefully, it all comes together next week.

yoeddy
12-24-2011, 07:21 PM

defensively, it was a* good win.

although Eli had a bad game, Nicks was just not moving out there. the only bright spots were Cruz trucking on, Bradshaw looking healthier, BJ looking healthier and in the game, amd the offensive line actually opening up some good lanes.

Any win is a good win. But this one didn't do much to give me any confidence that the team will do well in the playoffs (or even make it to the playoffs). Couldn't stop the run between the tackles, and a QB better than Sanchez would have had this defense on its heels.

On the offense, I would like to see the team actually try to lean on the run sometime...and lean on Jacobs when he's running angry. Bradshaw...I love the guy, but he's too all-or-nothing to me...he either breaks a 10 harder or he gets stuffed for a loss. Would love to see Jacobs consistently on first or second down running downhill. Wasn't sure why so many balls were targeted at Barden, but whatever the reason wasn't a good reason (I'm guessing they realize that Ballard isn't coming back anytime soon and wanted to get him as much game-experience as possible heading into next week...because it couldn't have been that he was the best option on those plays).

giantsforce
12-24-2011, 07:26 PM
No Mario and Ballard and the next man up didn't step up today, Barden suuuuuuckkk..
He was matched up with Revis most of the time. What was Nicks' excuse? And why on earth eli is not looking more for Cruz, or why Killdrive does not design any plays for Cruz I have no idea. But then again neither does Coughlin.

NYtoSanDiego
12-24-2011, 07:27 PM
that was a horrible game on offense to watch. at least the NE game both the offense and defense played well enough to win.

i'm waiting for just one regular season game where the giants on both sides of the ball play well where it doesn't come down to the last minutes of the 4th qtr.

in all the years of watching the giants i have never seen a year where every game is always coming down to the 4th qtr.

yoeddy
12-24-2011, 07:28 PM
He was matched up with Revis most of the time. What was Nicks' excuse? And why on earth eli is not looking more for Cruz, or why Killdrive does not design any plays for Cruz I have no idea. But then again neither does Coughlin.

To be fair...two of the balls that Eli threw that ended up in nowhere land were plays where Eli was looking for Cruz to go one way and Cruz went the other.

But yeah...Eli was looking for Barden way too much...

Sarcasman
12-24-2011, 07:37 PM

To be fair...two of the balls that Eli threw that ended up in nowhere land were plays where Eli was looking for Cruz to go one way and Cruz went the other.

But yeah...Eli was looking for Barden way too much...

Eli did not have a good game and the receivers were absolute crap today.

Cruz had 2 or 3 good catches (Including the TD) but other than that it was a comedy of errors out there between drops, running wrong routes or simply not working to get open.

Thankfully both the offense and the defense were both a bit better than their Jets counterparts.

Not a pretty game, but I'll gladly take the W.

CA Jints Fan
12-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Can anyone remember the last game where Eli had a "kneel down"?

yoeddy
12-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Can anyone remember the last game where Eli had a "kneel down"?

Dallas game 2 weeks ago?