PDA

View Full Version : FINAL 2013 Schedule

Overdrive92
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Based on Washington's win, we finish 2nd in the NFC East, so here is our final list of opponents for the 2013 season.

HOME
Dallas Cowboys
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings
Denver Broncos
Oakland Raiders
Seattle Seahawks

AWAY
Dallas Cowboys
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Carolina Panthers

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000119761/article/opponents-set-for-2013-nfl-season

The Redskins' win was huge for us, as we now travel to Carolina instead of New Orleans. However, we must host Seattle instead of St. Louis. But I'll take the trade-off to avoid the death trip to New Orleans.

No complaining about this schedule. It's certainly very winnable. We only play ONE Playoff team on the road (the Redskins). The rest are here at home. Most of our schedule is comprised of teams either .500 or below. So the opportunity is there for us.

rEaS
12-30-2012, 11:32 PM
wow this is big.. finally we get a nice schedule.. hopefully the hardest part doesnt stack in the second half

crooza172
12-30-2012, 11:33 PM
They will give us all of our easy games first so we can have an awesome record thru the first 8 games and collapse again....

shane4177
12-30-2012, 11:33 PM
We play Denver next season.........Manning Bowl part 3!!!

GentleGiant
12-30-2012, 11:34 PM
Wait. How do we know this is the schedule? Don't you have to wait till summer?

PRGiant
12-30-2012, 11:35 PM
I know how to figure out next year's opponents but how do you know who's home and who's away?

Overdrive92
12-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Wait. How do we know this is the schedule? Don't you have to wait till summer?

Opponents are determined based on a formula. So we know that these will be our opponents, we just don't know the order yet. That won't be known until the schedule is released in April.

KillaRich
12-30-2012, 11:37 PM
All those home games probably minus the KC game are tough games.......

Overdrive92
12-30-2012, 11:38 PM
I know how to figure out next year's opponents but how do you know who's home and who's away?

It alternates.

So last time we played the NFC North (which was 3 years ago), we were in Green Bay and Minnesota. So those teams will now come here. And the two teams who we hosted last time (Chicago and Detroit), we will now travel to. The same for the AFC West, who we played 4 years ago.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfce.htm

C1010
12-30-2012, 11:38 PM
I see a lot of teams that are going to run the ball against us :(. In all seriousness, I cant wait for next season, hopefully our roster shapes up nicely especially with the draft.

giants8493
12-30-2012, 11:41 PM
It alternates.

So last time we played the NFC North (which was 3 years ago), we were in Green Bay and Minnesota. So those teams will now come here. And the two teams who we hosted last time (Chicago and Detroit), we will now travel to. The same for the AFC West, who we played 4 years ago.

http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedules/nfl_future_nfce.htm didnt we play the packers this year?

Giantterp
I can't believe i am commenting on the schedule for games that are over 8 months away. I guess this is what we are reduced to..

Well on paper-very lucky. Getting Pakers, Vikings, Broncos, and Seahawks at home (plus avoiding going to NO) is huge.

miked1958
14-2and a trip to the SB for our 5th Title

GentleGiant
12-30-2012, 11:42 PM
I can see us winning most of these games. Maybe even having an 11-5 record. Whether or not we will is a different story.

KillaRich
12-30-2012, 11:42 PM
With that schedule being nowhere near as tough as this year...I hope if players like Nicks or Bradshaw get banged up (we know they will) we rest for MUILTIPLE games until they get healthy ....making Nicks play through the injuries was reckless and idiotic imo... Especially when at the time we saw promising moments from Hixon and even Barden....and now Randle....Give others a chance.... hopefully we dont extend Fewell... and get some smart schemes out there on defense

GentleGiant
12-30-2012, 11:43 PM
I can't believe i am commenting on the schedule for games that are over 8 months away. I guess this is what we are reduced to..

Well on paper-very lucky. Getting Pakers, Vikings, Broncos, and Seahawks at home (plus avoiding going to NO) is huge.

What can you do when you can't make this year? You look towards next year.

miked1958
They will give us all of our easy games first so we can have an awesome record thru the first 8 games and collapse again....i got a feeling the schedule tips in our favor for once with more of the tougher games early on and a more evenly balanced fair second half to help prevent another collapse

drewz
didnt we play the packers this year?

That was based on standings.

You get 6 games based on your division. 8 games playing two different divisions, 2 games playing teams from 2 other teams based on same place standings.

giants8493
12-30-2012, 11:47 PM
That was based on standings.

You get 6 games based on your division. 8 games playing two different divisions, 2 games playing teams from 2 other teams based on same place standings. similer to how were getting the panthers and seahawks then?

Antwuan
12-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Interesting Schedule!

Not Bad Though.

drewz
12-30-2012, 11:48 PM
similer to how were getting the panthers and seahawks then?

Yep. Our games with the Packers and 49ers were based on our first place division finish last year.

KillaRich
12-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Well at first I thought finishing in 3rd might be better for us...but the seattle/new orleans trade off seems worth it

bELIeve_in_Giants
12-30-2012, 11:54 PM
That's a tough home schedule, but there's 10 out of 16 games where we aren't playing a playoff team from this year, so I don't think that's a schedule to complain about. You never know how teams are going to be, of course, but it doesn't make me groan like this year's schedule did. It won't be the pre-season toughest schedule again.

Parademon
12-31-2012, 12:09 AM
At least we get the tough teams at home next yr. 11 wins seems doable next yr.

Overdrive92
12-31-2012, 12:09 AM
That's a tough home schedule, but there's 10 out of 16 games where we aren't playing a playoff team from this year, so I don't think that's a schedule to complain about.

Indeed.

5 of our games are against teams who were in the bottom 5 this year. That's over a quarter of our schedule against 5 of this year's worst teams. Certainly nothing to complain about.

Giantterp
12-31-2012, 12:15 AM
What can you do when you can't make this year? You look towards next year.

I know...It just sucks.

Overdrive92
12-31-2012, 12:18 AM
In case anyone's curious, the teams in our division play the same schedule (except the teams we play at home, Washington & Philly play on the road, and vice versa), except while we host Seattle and travel to Carolina:

Washington hosts San Francisco and travels to Atlanta
Dallas hosts St. Louis and travels to New Orleans
Philadelphia hosts Arizona and travels to Tampa Bay

Certainly not an easy schedule for the Redskins. They have road games against the Packers, Vikings, Broncos, Falcons, and us, all winning teams. Then they have to host the Bears and 49ers, more winning/Playoff teams. So that's half of their schedule that will be against Playoff/winning record teams from this year.

giant-4-life
12-31-2012, 01:24 AM
do NOT forget that reigning SB champs automatically get the toughest schedule the following season. at least so I understand it if I'm right.

Overdrive92
12-31-2012, 01:26 AM
do NOT forget that reigning SB champs automatically get the toughest schedule the following season. at least so I understand it if I'm right.

Not at all. It happens that way sometimes just because the champions are usually a 1st place team who draws a tough 1st place schedule.

If I read correctly, the Packers have the toughest schedule next year. Not sure where we rank yet, but looking at our schedule, we probably have one of the easier one's. Mostly because we're playing the AFC West which, outside of Denver, is a real crappy division.

giant-4-life
12-31-2012, 01:30 AM
Not at all. It happens that way sometimes just because the champions are usually a 1st place team who draws a tough 1st place schedule.

If I read correctly, the Packers have the toughest schedule next year. Not sure where we rank yet, but looking at our schedule, we probably have one of the easier one's. Mostly because we're playing the AFC West which, outside of Denver, is a real crappy division.

I tip my hat to ya. Good point. we should hopefully see an entirely new offensive team and defensive scheme that doesn't make us all have sleepless nights. like the fox announcers said, I think it was bradshaw that said, the Giants are too inconsistent. we play high then really low, then high.. kind of hard to enjoy games when you wonder what team is going to show up.

Antwuan
12-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Who do you guys think we will play Week 1 of the 2013 season?

Overdrive92
12-31-2012, 01:52 AM

If the Broncos don't win the Super Bowl, I could easily see us opening the season on Sunday Night Football against Denver in the Manning Bowl.

ashleymarie
12-31-2012, 01:53 AM

Probably Skins. hahaha. I don't believe that, just saying.

Overdrive92
12-31-2012, 02:04 AM
So apparently there is a change in our schedule...we will be hosting the Oakland Raiders and traveling to the Kansas City Chiefs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000119761/article/opponents-set-for-2013-nfl-season

I'm trying to figure out why this is because we hosted the Raiders 4 years ago, and went to KC. So I'm not sure why we're going to Kansas City yet again and it's not alternating like it usually does.

All other websites confirm what NFL.com has, I just don't understand why.

jax5338
12-31-2012, 02:06 AM
good to not have the toughest schedule in the NFL for a 3rd straight year.

i wish we were like the patriots who virtually get a gimme 6 wins each year from their division alone lol.

Overdrive92
12-31-2012, 02:09 AM
It looks like the NFL made a switch so teams won't have to travel to San Diego and Oakland in the same year, two teams on the complete west coast. They did the same thing a couple years ago with the NFC West to ensure teams wouldn't have to travel to San Francisco and Seattle in the same year. The switch must have just been made, which is why we are no longer going to Oakland.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 02:10 AM
You guys don't know which one of these teams are gonna be good next year. This can very well end up being a brutal schedule.

Marvelousmik
12-31-2012, 02:41 AM
You guys don't know which one of these teams are gonna be good next year.

words of wisdom

FlyingTruck
12-31-2012, 02:50 AM
They will give us all of our easy games first so we can have an awesome record thru the first 8 games and collapse again....I shouldn't have, but I chuckled at this.

stormblue
12-31-2012, 05:28 AM
for those who mistakenly think we had a tough schedule this year......
just because we won the SB......it does not work that way....
except for 2 games , the opponents are predetermined.
here is the truth , which may be a rude awakening to some people.

our opponents were a combined ; 111 wins 103 losses and 1 tie.

like BFD ; not exactly fearsome.

our schedule was just as mediocre and overrated as we were.

Cool Papa B.
12-31-2012, 07:32 AM
I predict we will be 6-2 half way through that schedule.

AND THEN the fun begins. Hopefully 2013 will be the year we solve the problem of the 2nd half swoons.

PopaPork
12-31-2012, 08:01 AM
Schedule looks good, especially since I will see big blue again in Carolina!

jakegibbs
12-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Hmmmm... Looks like another 9-7 season is upcoming again. Go 3 & 3 in div & drop 4 more games. 2 on road & 2 @ home.

NYGfanNC
12-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Wow, a semi easy schedule.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 10:53 AM
words of wisdomThanks. I hate to hear people say easy schedule before the draft and free agency. I bet you people thought Indianapolis, Washington and Seattle would be easy games.

DaFrenchy
12-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Thank God we'll not face the Hawks at Seattle

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Can never tell year from year to year but this schedule looks pretty good. Why do we play the Packers every year?

Overdrive92
12-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Can never tell year from year to year but this schedule looks pretty good. Why do we play the Packers every year?

Coincidence that we just finish in the same standings spot as them every year. And when we don't, we play the NFC North.

M00KIE
12-31-2012, 01:07 PM
eww... that doesn't look good at all...I don't know what you guys are seeing that makes you suggest it's good. Oak and KC? Thats about all I see.