PDA

View Full Version : Where we stand for 2013......

shane4177
12-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Please chime in if you feel I am off on this:

Secondary: We need a CB.......I hope we send Webby packing. I feel as though whether we can re-sign KP or not we should be ok with Rolle/Hill/Brown, and possibly Sash, but I would like to keep KP IF we can.

LBers: We could use an MLB upgrade, BUT I am perfectly fine with Chase as the guy for a few more seasons. Maybe draft some depth, but I feel like whenever we go for an early round LBer, more times than not, we get a bust pick.

Dline: Osi will be gone, Tuck should be let go......we should go DE in the 1st round, get another physical freak like JPP. Also we should grab a DT as I see Austin gone, and also Bernard. Go forward with Canty/Joseph/Kuhn.

Oline: Draft an early round OT, and perhaps a later round OG. Hopefully Diehl is done, and I would love to ditch Bass and move Boothe to C. Snee I think has some left in the tank, and obviously Beatty is good at LT. So basically we need a RT, and LG possibly.

RBs: PLEASE dump AB!! Guy is no longer effective......go with Brown alternating with Wilson. Possibly have Scott back them up with another vet FA.....

WR/TE: Feel like the WRs are good as long as we can give Cruz a new contract, and if possible extend Nicks. I am GTG with Hixon/Randle/Jernigan/Barden as depth....although I would be good with parting with Barden. Re-sign Bennet long term, and we have Robinson to bring up under him, with Pascoe as third guy. Would love to go after Jake Ballard if he was available and healthy though.....

QB: We are ok here......might need a new 2nd string guy as I do not know how much longer Carr will stay around....

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:11 AM
Secondary: We need a CB.......I hope we send Webby packing. I feel as though whether we can re-sign KP or not we should be ok with Rolle/Hill/Brown, and possibly Sash, but I would like to keep KP IF we can.
I think KP will come cheaper due to injuries making him miss out a bunch of the season. Also, if KP is still in the fold, we can convert Will Hill to slot corner, allowing Hosley to move to a starting position. Then we'd only need to spend a 3rd or 4th round on a depth CB. Safeties with KP Stevie Rolle and Sash would be fine by me.

LBers: We could use an MLB upgrade, BUT I am perfectly fine with Chase as the guy for a few more seasons. Maybe draft some depth, but I feel like whenever we go for an early round LBer, more times than not, we get a bust pick.
I'm fine with Chase for one more year. Williams and Rivers just need to stay healthy, as well as Boley...

Dline: Osi will be gone, Tuck should be let go......we should go DE in the 1st round, get another physical freak like JPP. Also we should grab a DT as I see Austin gone, and also Bernard. Go forward with Canty/Joseph/Kuhn. I agree on releasing Tuck and Austin, and of course Osi will be gone. I think we should let the DE rotation be JPP/Kiwi/Tracy/Ojomo, with all 4 getting time in. Canty/Joseph/Kuhn is good enough for DT, though a little more depth would be nice.

Oline: Draft an early round OT, and perhaps a later round OG. Hopefully Diehl is done, and I would love to ditch Bass and move Boothe to C. Snee I think has some left in the tank, and obviously Beatty is good at LT. So basically we need a RT, and LG possibly.
If it were up to me, we would pick O-line in rounds 1, 2, AND 3... we ABSOLUTELY need to spend a significant amount of this draft on OL. Only Beatty and Locklear should be kept on the roster (plus that Mosley guy who got injured as depth). Diehl, Baas, and Boothe need to GOOOOOOOOO..... Snee is getting up there and I'm worried about him following Diehl into bad-ville... We need another OT if Locklear's injury proves too much to overcome, as well as 2 starters for G and a starting C.

RBs: PLEASE dump AB!! Guy is no longer effective......go with Brown alternating with Wilson. Possibly have Scott back them up with another vet FA.....
I'm down with Brown/Wilson, though I think Bradshaw still has value. He runs well, when he's given time to heal, but TC's absolute hatred of rookies meant that Bradshaw got way more snaps than he could handle and thus he started breaking down.

Also, BJ should be a free agent next year, and I think we can tell him to be ready to answer the phone a la Blackburn if any of the above go down due to injury. Can't be worse than Pumpkin...

WR/TE: Feel like the WRs are good as long as we can give Cruz a new contract, and if possible extend Nicks. I am GTG with Hixon/Randle/Jernigan/Barden as depth....although I would be good with parting with Barden. Re-sign Bennet long term, and we have Robinson to bring up under him, with Pascoe as third guy. Would love to go after Jake Ballard if he was available and healthy though.....
I think our WR should be Nicks/Cruz/Randle/Hixon/Jernigan, with one more from PS (Depalma maybe). Barden needs to be GONE, he's TERRIBLE.

QB: We are ok here......might need a new 2nd string guy as I do not know how much longer Carr will stay around....
Perriloux. Personally I think he's better than Carr at this point. Plus he can sling a deep pass...

gmen0820
12-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Hard to say that Bradshaw isn't effective after what we saw vs the Eagles, but I agree, I think Bradshaw is on a steep decline right now.

Anyway, we're gonna need DL help, and we will definitely address that heavily. JR has never taken lightly to a possible vulnerability on the DL.

As for OL, I think they're gonna have to work the FA department for OTs, seeing as though most early draft picks will be used to address our Defense. Will Beatty will probably return, and maybe we can land a guy like Sebastian Vollmer.

LBers, probably some stop gap guys. I really don't know, and have no interest forecasting a unit when our FO has such an unpredictable philosophy regarding them.

Secondary, I'm thinking we try to re-do Webster's deal. get him back in a Sam Madison-like role. Hosley, and Amukamara will have to step it up. The safeties are very concerning. I think it'd be a solid unit if we can get them back, but Stevie, and KP are FAs, and Rolle's salary is devastating to our cap.

shane4177
12-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Don't agree with you on Boothe.........he and Beatty had a good season this year I felt....

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:24 AM
Hard to say that Bradshaw isn't effective after what we saw vs the Eagles, but I agree, I think Bradshaw is on a steep decline right now.
He's more effective when he can rest. Unfortunately he can't get that concept in his head, and helps contribute to wearing himself out...

Anyway, we're gonna need DL help, and we will definitely address that heavily. JR has never taken lightly to a possible vulnerability on the DL.Tracy and Ojomo getting to step up will help tremendously. I think we have the talent in our roster, it's just TC's hatred of rookies that's preventing us from utilizing it.

As for OL, I think they're gonna have to work the FA department for OTs, seeing as though most early draft picks will be used to address our Defense. Will Beatty will probably return, and maybe we can land a guy like Sebastian Vollmer. I'm sick of this FA patchwork o-line. We need to spend ALL SEVEN FREAKING PICKS on the Oline if need be. Gut the whole thing and start over. Baas is overrated. Boothe is terrible. Diehl is washed out. Snee may be following Diehl soon. I hope to god Locklear can play next season, because if that really bad injury ended his career, the only oline we have worth a damn is Beatty, and he's average... he only looks like a probowler because he plays with terrible linemates.

LBers, probably some stop gap guys. I really don't know, and have no interest forecasting a unit when our FO has such an unpredictable philosophy regarding them. Agreed. I think if Rivers and Williams can stay healthy they can help out a lot going forward. Blackburn isn't anything spectacular, but I think we can get another decent year out of him.

Cloud57
12-31-2012, 12:25 AM
the draft is more than 4 months away, I wish it were sooner lol

gmen0820
12-31-2012, 12:39 AM
the draft is more than 4 months away, I wish it were sooner lolI wish it was preseason my man

Cloud57
12-31-2012, 12:44 AM
I wish it was preseason my manFootball is the only sport I watch, there's still a few more weeks of football left.