PDA

View Full Version : NFC EAST....... changes start today

GameTime
12-31-2012, 01:12 AM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-30/andy-reid-fired-eagles-coach-philadelphia-head-out-return-done

GameTime
12-31-2012, 01:15 AM
Reid is done......

Overdrive92
12-31-2012, 01:18 AM
This is definitely a new era in the NFC East. Washington's reign as the doormat has surely come to an end. Not only that, but we, along with Philly & Dallas, are going to need to start drafting specifically to counter RG3. He's going to be a pain in our sides for years to come.

Get ready for Giants-Redskins to become one of the premiere rivalries in the NFL. Because it has already begun.

GameTime
12-31-2012, 01:18 AM
This is definitely a new era in the NFC East. Washington's reign as the doormat has surely come to an end. Not only that, but we, along with Philly & Dallas, are going to need to start drafting specifically to counter RG3. He's going to be a pain in our sides for years to come.

Get ready for Giants-Redskins to become one of the premiere rivalries in the NFL. Because it has already begun.
hope it is....:)

mike kennedy
12-31-2012, 12:24 PM
hope it is....:)

Might take a couple years to fix! We need speed on the D-line and that will fix our coverage issues. Don't know if Tuck will have the speed and drive back and it's time to just let OSi play somewhere else! Appreciated what he did while he was here but tired of the whining when he does not back it up!

browneye
12-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Ya RG3 is a nightmare for a DE. I would think that good linebackers would help out the DE which is a weakness for us. We may need to finally sure up our linebackers.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Best way to counter Washington is to eventually find a QB who can scramble too. I'm not saying next year but we have to eventually find someone who can be just as dynamic.

BigBlueAllDay
12-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Here's the plan: The Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles work together like hobbits to bring down the one draft-pick to rule them all.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 12:48 PM

I sincerely hope we don't do this; let's draft to improve our team instead.

Handing over your draft strategy to the idea of stopping one guy makes absolutely no sense at all. One player doesn't win any team any championships.

browneye
12-31-2012, 12:49 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Seahawks good Defense has a answer for RG3. I think the Eagles will be rebuilding for a few years and will be at the bottom of the NFC east for a while and the cowboys will be good until they get close to making the playoffs then romo will blow it like he always does.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Best way to counter Washington is to eventually find a QB who can scramble too. I'm not saying next year but we have to eventually find someone who can be just as dynamic.

What year is this? 2000?

TheAnalyst
12-31-2012, 12:51 PM
The way to beat Bob is to keep smacking him in the mouth, even without the ball. On that option play, even if he hands off we should tell.our D to hit him hard. He won't be able to last long with that punishment. He got hurt again last night, but continued to play. So he had a concussion, knee sprained, and whatever it was last night. He is a rookie. Keep popping him.

brad
12-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Stopping a mobile QB comes down to LBs that can get into the lanes and chase him down. You can't rely solely on the D-line to do that. The biggest area of weakness, in my opinion, is the LB group who are not good at shooting the gaps and are very bad covering the short quick passes teams are using to counter the pass rush. I don't think the D-line is as much of an issue as some here seem to believe, I think the issue is that teams found a way to negate the pass rush and the defense hasn't found a way to stop it. Not sure if that is scheme or talent, probably a bit of both.

Kez Simpson
12-31-2012, 12:52 PM
I think we played RGIII quite well despite our shortcomings. The skins defeated us by one point with this inept d we had this year. I think we can build a counter to him in a year.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 12:52 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Seahawks good Defense has a answer for RG3. I think the Eagles will be rebuilding for a few years and will be at the bottom of the NFC east for a while and the cowboys will be good until they get close to making the playoffs then romo will blow it like he always does.

Yeah, me too. They really seem to be quite the juggernaut as they continue along on this undefeated season toward their quest for perfection this year and the first team ever to win 10 straight Super Bowls while going undefeated in every season.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 12:53 PM
The way to beat Bob is to keep smacking him in the mouth, even without the ball. On that option play, even if he hands off we should tell.our D to hit him hard. He won't be able to last long with that punishment. He got hurt again last night, but continued to play. So he had a concussion, knee sprained, and whatever it was last night. He is a rookie. Keep popping him.You start coming at the other team's QB and they're gonna return the favor. What world do you live in?

jakegibbs
12-31-2012, 12:54 PM

Come on RGIII???? He'll be great for the next couple of years..They said the same thing about Cunningham, Tarkenton, Archie Manning, Michael Vick, Vince Young etc.... if you live by the sword you'll die by the sword. Keep running RG & you'll look like Vick when your 32 years old too. You have to make a running QB pay everytime he carries the ball & he won't be around long... end of story too many have already been written.

BuffyBlueII

We can just have a decent DC that puts together a nice gameplan like Pittsburgh and Baltimore did that marginalizes Roach With Braids. The guy is a lame imitation of Mike Vick and the real concern in regard to Washington Redskins should be about Mike Shannahan and Albert Morris.

Sarcasman
I think we played RGIII quite well despite our shortcomings. The skins defeated us by one point with this inept d we had this year. I think we can build a counter to him in a year.

How dare you? You must be a hater because no one plays RGIII well.

I'll bet you hate America too.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 12:55 PM
What year is this? 2000?You're a hater and your negative talk towards Griffin doesn't match his efficient numbers. Try coming down to earth and stop living in the 60's... it's 2013.

BuffyBlueII
12-31-2012, 12:55 PM
I sincerely hope we don't do this; let's draft to improve our team instead.

Handing over your draft strategy to the idea of stopping one guy makes absolutely no sense at all. One player doesn't win any team any championships.

+1

BuffyBlueII
12-31-2012, 12:57 PM
The way to beat Bob is to keep smacking him in the mouth, even without the ball. On that option play, even if he hands off we should tell.our D to hit him hard. He won't be able to last long with that punishment. He got hurt again last night, but continued to play. So he had a concussion, knee sprained, and whatever it was last night. He is a rookie. Keep popping him.

Exactly. That is what Pittsburgh and Baltimore both did to him. They beat him up. Roach With Braids has already shown he is not built to last and he is no way near as tough as Mike Vick is.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Come on RGIII???? He'll be great for the next couple of years..They said the same thing about Cunningham, Tarkenton, Archie Manning, Michael Vick, Vince Young etc.... if you live by the sword you'll die by the sword. Keep running RG & you'll look like Vick when your 32 years old too. You have to make a running QB pay everytime he carries the ball & he won't be around long... end of story too many have already been written.Vick was good... he went to jail. Cunningham was good too... Dennis Green choked like he always does. Marino didn't get a ring either, as a matter of fact I know a lot of great players in ALL sports who didn't win a title.

giantsforce
12-31-2012, 12:59 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-12-30/andy-reid-fired-eagles-coach-philadelphia-head-out-return-doneWell, for the Giants will be the same status quo and next year this time will be discussing the same things.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Exactly. That is what Pittsburgh and Baltimore both did to him. They beat him up. Roach With Braids has already shown he is not built to last and he is no way near as tough as Mike Vick is.Wroooong.... Pittsburgh beat up on the receivers and he didn't play against Baltimore. Go to school.

ny06
12-31-2012, 01:00 PM
You're a hater and your negative talk towards Griffin doesn't match his efficient numbers. Try coming down to earth and stop living in the 60's... it's 2013.
And you're Bob Griffins #1 fan, the sooner you realize that the better it will be for the rest of us. You can like the guy, hell you can root for him when he's not playing the Giants. But slow down for a minute with Bob, this is a GIANTS board, we don't have to like him or respect him.

Kez Simpson
12-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Exactly. That is what Pittsburgh and Baltimore both did to him. They beat him up. Roach With Braids has already shown he is not built to last and he is no way near as tough as Mike Vick is.

Micheal Vick stays injured, I think he is a lot tougher, or more elusive.

BuffyBlueII
12-31-2012, 01:01 PM
You're a hater and your negative talk towards Griffin doesn't match his efficient numbers. Try coming down to earth and stop living in the 60's... it's 2013.

He has a great HC and an awesome RB. Roach With Braids has maybe3-5 years of relevance. The guy is way overblown hype and it is amazing how so many buy in to it. Heck, our own piece of garbage OC bought in to the hype as well as our Defensive Captains and malcontent DEs public comments of nightmares and fear about him that he hancuffed our offense to make sure the defense had plenty of time on the sidelines to rest.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 01:02 PM
And you're Bob Griffins #1 fan, the sooner you realize that the better it will be for the rest of us. You can like the guy, hell you can root for him when he's not playing the Giants. But slow down for a minute with Bob, this is a GIANTS board, we don't have to like him or respect him.But you can like Tebow... I understand. The problem with me, I don't care for Washington but I can see through the bs on this board... very easily in fact.

BuffyBlueII
12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Vick was good... he went to jail. Cunningham was good too... Dennis Green choked like he always does. Marino didn't get a ring either, as a matter of fact I know a lot of great players in ALL sports who didn't win a title.

Mike Vick is still good when he doesnt get hit 150+ times in a season. Heck, I hope we sign him as Eli Manning’s backup.

TheAnalyst
You start coming at the other team's QB and they're gonna return the favor. What world do you live in?What are you talking about? Eli doesn't run the same offense. He doesnt hold the ball till the last second then hand it off. What I am saying is perfectly leagal. And other teams do go after Eli, its part of football. its how we beat Brady and Rodgers.

BurnerNYG
Micheal Vick stays injured, I think he is a lot tougher, or more elusive.Foles had a concussion. Why is that? Because the Eagles Oline can't block for ish!!

ny06
12-31-2012, 01:04 PM
But you can like Tebow... I understand. The problem with me, I don't care for Washington but I can see through the bs on this board... very easily in fact.
We have been over this, not once did I say anything positive about Tebow. If the word Tebow was in one of my posts I'm pretty sure the word sucks, can't throw was included into the comment.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 01:06 PM

LOL.........riiiiiggghhht.

I've never not given him due; I think he's a very good QB, who may well become great who is currently in a great system for him conceived, designed and run by a tremendous coach.

If not completely swallowing the brainless hook the media is dangling makes me a hater, I'll take hater over brainless sheep anyday.

BuffyBlueII
12-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Micheal Vick stays injured, I think he is a lot tougher, or more elusive.

Mike Vick has been hit a heck of a lot more than Roach With Braids does. I think Mike Vick is tougher and he is a little bit faster too. Bobby Gee 3 has a way better caoch that takes advantage of the running game and he does make better decisions than Mike Vick does. I would think that if Mike Vick had been the QB for Washington Redskins this year that we would have seen the same if not better results. Heck, I could only imagine what our team would be like if Mike Shannahan were our HC or just even OC for that matter.

BuffyBlueII
12-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Foles had a concussion. Why is that? Because the Eagles Oline can't block for ish!!

+1

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 01:08 PM
LOL.........riiiiiggghhht.

I've never not given him due; I think he's a very good QB, who may well become great who is currently in a great system for him conceived, designed and run by a tremendous coach.

If not completely swallowing the brainless hook the media is dangling makes me a hater, I'll take hater over brainless sheep anyday.So what do you think about Luck? I'll wait...

TheAnalyst
12-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Griffin is a great QB and skins fans have to ecstatic to finally have a legit QB. With that said, I'm not going to suck him off like the media. I respect the kid for what he does on and off the field, but that's it. When we play him, I want to keep hitting him to make him think twice before running again. In fact, I hope Seattle beats the snot out of him.

brad
12-31-2012, 01:10 PM

RG3 isn't a new phenomena... There have been many mobile QBs before him and there will be many after him. Cam was the flavor of the month last year, not so much this year. Before that, there was many others. The problem with you is that your so convinced that "new=better" that you haven't bothered to look at history and learn from it. Very few things are new, they are just re-packaged and labeled "progressive" and suddenly it's going to change the world.

ny06
12-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Griffin is a great QB and skins fans have to ecstatic to finally have a legit QB. With that said, I'm not going to suck him off like the media. I respect the kid for what he does on and off the field, but that's it. When we play him, I want to keep hitting him to make him think twice before running again. In fact, I hope Seattle beats the snot out of him.
Seattle is my dark horse pick in the playoffs. They have all the ingredients to make a run, strong defense, great running game, qb who doesn't make many mistakes.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 01:13 PM
So what do you think about Luck? I'll wait...

I think he's a very good QB, who may well also become great. Wilson too.

I hope that wasn't too long to wait.

Eliscruzzz
12-31-2012, 01:17 PM
And you're Bob Griffins #1 fan, the sooner you realize that the better it will be for the rest of us. You can like the guy, hell you can root for him when he's not playing the Giants. But slow down for a minute with Bob, this is a GIANTS board, we don't have to like him or respect him.+1000

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 01:19 PM
RG3 isn't a new phenomena... There have been many mobile QBs before him and there will be many after him. Cam was the flavor of the month last year, not so much this year. Before that, there was many others. The problem with you is that your so convinced that "new=better" that you haven't bothered to look at history and learn from it. Very few things are new, they are just re-packaged and labeled "progressive" and suddenly it's going to change the world.Cam's been playing damn good for the last month and a half. If they carry that over to next season you better be prepared to back up your statement. Do you watch football or just the Giants and log on to the board? You probably text and watch the game at the same time.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 01:21 PM
I think he's a very good QB, who may well also become great. Wilson too.

I hope that wasn't too long to wait.So Griffin is good and Luck is very good? How many int's did each of them throw? I like Luck too but I can't respect a biased opinion.

Eliscruzzz
12-31-2012, 01:25 PM
So Griffin is good and Luck is very good? How many int's did each of them throw? I like Luck too but I can't respect a biased opinion.Oh get off it man RG3 threw the ball the 18 times last night and completed 9....FOR 100 YARDS!!! This is when teams are STACKING the box and he has one on one ALL over the place. I know you like RG3 and are a secret Redskin fan but without Morris RG3 is nothing and it showed in the 1st half of last night's game. When it came down to reading a defense on third down he couldn't make the throws he needed to make without having a gimmick attached to the play. Andrew will be better suited to play the quarterback position by going through his bumps and bruises right now. This is coming from a black person...so you HTTR comments won't work with me.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 01:26 PM
So Griffin is good and Luck is very good? How many int's did each of them throw? I like Luck too but I can't respect a biased opinion.

No. That's not what I said at all; I said the same about both of them.

In fact, I copied most of the text from post #34 into my response in post #41.

So, who's got the bias here?

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
12-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Exactly. That is what Pittsburgh and Baltimore both did to him. They beat him up. Roach With Braids has already shown he is not built to last and he is no way near as tough as Mike Vick is. AHAHAH ROACH WITH BRAIDS

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 01:31 PM

What do Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNab and Michael Vick have in common? No SB rings. Scrambling QB's don't win SB's.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 02:31 PM
*tap*tap*tap* now I'm waiting too long.....

bearbryant
12-31-2012, 11:01 PM
The NFL is a living organism. Remember when the Wildcat, nice organism till it got figured out and now you see a piece of it once in a while. The difference is that Bob is a person not an organism. Once his " Hide and go seek" game gets figured out, Bob will need to go to the fall back position. Then, we'll see how good of a QB he is and how he can lead this team.

Parademon
01-01-2013, 12:03 AM
We actually played the Skins tougher than Dallas sure did. We held them to 23 & 17 points & shoulda swept them if Tuck & Osi weren't so busy praising Bob.. They rang up 38 & 28 on the Boys & swept them!. Ware looked like a ****** last night trying to stop the run-option. I kept hoping he would just zero in on Bob & level him every time cuz it's not gonna draw a flag when the QB is faking if he's gonna run or not. The NFL is gonna be watching carefully how Seattle's D does vs Bob. If they stop him from having a big game & they win, DCs all over the NFL will be copying whatever the Seahawks did to nuetralize him next yr.

ashleymarie
01-01-2013, 12:07 AM
What do Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNab and Michael Vick have in common? No SB rings. Scrambling QB's don't win SB's.

I sorta, kinda enjoyed watching Joe Montana, except when he played against us. :)

Parademon
01-01-2013, 12:12 AM
I sorta, kinda enjoyed watching Joe Montana, except when he played against us. :)

I sorta, kinda enjoyed watching Burt & Marshall crush Joe Montana when he played against us in the 86' & 90' playoffs.

ashleymarie
01-01-2013, 12:25 AM
I sorta, kinda enjoyed watching Burt & Marshall crush Joe Montana when he played against us in the 86' & 90' playoffs.

I agree when he played against us. Nonetheless Joe was a scrambling qb and he won some superbowls.

Rat_bastich
01-01-2013, 01:45 AM
I agree when he played against us. Nonetheless Joe was a scrambling qb and he won some superbowls.

Steve Young was a scrambler.

EnragedYouth85
01-01-2013, 01:50 AM
http://boards.giants.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by TroyArcherhttp://boards.giants.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?p=646960#post646960)What do Randall Cunningham, Donovan McNab and Michael Vick have in common? No SB rings. Scrambling QB's don't win SB's.

They also played on a ****ty *** team, the Eagles.. lol

BurnerNYG
01-01-2013, 02:21 AM
Oh get off it man RG3 threw the ball the 18 times last night and completed 9....FOR 100 YARDS!!! This is when teams are STACKING the box and he has one on one ALL over the place. I know you like RG3 and are a secret Redskin fan but without Morris RG3 is nothing and it showed in the 1st half of last night's game. When it came down to reading a defense on third down he couldn't make the throws he needed to make without having a gimmick attached to the play. Andrew will be better suited to play the quarterback position by going through his bumps and bruises right now. This is coming from a black person...so you HTTR comments won't work with me.Man I been a Giants fan since you was in your crib screaming ga ga goo goo. I'll never root for another team but I do like seeing players that are different from the norm. Doesn't matter if they're black or white... I like players, I mean QB's that can make plays with their legs. They gotta be able to throw though. We'll soon see how long this myth that scrambling QB's don't win Superbowls holds up.

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 02:58 PM
So Griffin is good and Luck is very good? How many int's did each of them throw? I like Luck too but I can't respect a biased opinion.

Interesting that you haven't replied; I can respect a differing opinion but I can't respect a biased poster unwillingly to admit such an obvious mistake.

FlyingTruck
01-01-2013, 03:09 PM

Get ready for Giants-Redskins to become one of the premiere rivalries in the NFL. Because it has already begun.Eh....I still need to see another season from the Redskins and RG3 before I'm convinced that they can compete. We've seen situations before where a team finds success because of their offensive scheme, and then it doesn't work next year because a DC figures out how to beat it. Not taking anything away from RG3 or Morris, but a lot of it had to do with their offensive scheme. If they can do it again next year then I'll start thinking differently.

Let's not forget, we tend to have our best seasons after having a bad one. TC usually figures out what went wrong and can correct the problem for the following season.

BurnerNYG
01-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Interesting that you haven't replied; I can respect a differing opinion but I can't respect a biased poster unwillingly to admit such an obvious mistake.I didn't respond because it's not that important. Happy New Year!!

Buddy333
01-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Why would the Giants need to draft a more athleteic, mobile QB to go up against Washington? Do QB's now play n the field at the same time? The rookie is good and will give teams trouble, but they do also run a strange offense that will be figured out. It happens all the time. Doesn't mean he won't be able to win without it, but teams will get this figured out in the offseason.

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 03:38 PM
I didn't respond because it's not that important. Happy New Year!!

And yet I'm sure that would not have been the case had you turned out to be right!

Happy New Year

BurnerNYG
01-01-2013, 03:44 PM
And yet I'm sure that would not have been the case had you turned out to be right!

Happy New YearYou're never right on this board... somebody will always find fault in your post. If it helps you sleep better then so be it.