PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Disappointment?

Overdrive92
12-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Which player was the biggest disappointment to you this year?

I can think of a few, like Webster, and Tuck, but I'm gonna' have to say Hakeem Nicks. And I know it's not entirely his fault because of the injuries, but this guy was in the conversation of top 5 WR in the league coming into the year. Especially after the monster postseason he had last year. And for him to only have 3 TD's and 600 yards receiving is a huge disappointment, and a large reason why our offense looked so inept at times. Maybe it's just because he's my favorite player on the team, but I expected a big year for him, and to see him fall drastically short is definitely a disappointment.

ashleymarie
12-31-2012, 02:01 AM
It's sad. Nicks tried and probably injured himself worse for his trying. Ahmad also. What a year for Giants injuries.

G-MENBK
12-31-2012, 02:04 AM
Tuck.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt last season because he was injured. I just don't think he no longer has what it takes to compete at a high level like he once did.

With Nicks, I am extending the benefit of the doubt. He better be making those crazy catches, possess that same speed he had a season ago.

gmen0820
12-31-2012, 02:05 AM
Offense: Nicks

Defense: KP

We are a very different team when these men are playing, and at a high level.

myles2424
12-31-2012, 02:06 AM
Before anyone starts going crazy, just solely based on their importance & status on our team, I'm going to say Nicks & JPP.....
Besides Eli, I think all can agree Nicks on offense & JPP have been our biggest weapons....both were respected around the league, came off huge years & didn't even come close to living up to the expectations.....
We can argue injuries for nicks, but what can someone tell me other than this double team BS for JPP???
Every pass rusher in the league faces the same hurdles........Obviously plenty of GMen had off years, but Idk if any went from arguably the best at their position around the league to 41th (stats).....there's all kinds of cats that finished ahead of JPP in sacks, & he's tied with Derrick Morgan, the guy we made fun of for supposedly being the better DE in the 2010 draft...

TheBookOfEli
12-31-2012, 02:26 AM
Tuck on defense.

Eli on offense.

myles2424
12-31-2012, 05:14 AM
Tuck on defense.

Eli on offense.

Biggest disappointment would be a unexpected let down.....weve all seen tuck declining have we not?

BlueOldSchool
12-31-2012, 05:33 AM
Webster and Tuck on a close second on D
Diehl on O

Flip Empty
12-31-2012, 05:37 AM
Webster. My god, what a detonation.

SweetZombieJesus
12-31-2012, 07:07 AM
The coaching staff for yet another 6-2 start and another collapse. The fact that this happens every single year and they can't figure out the problem and it culminated in going from locking up the division to completely out of the playoffs in the span of 3 weeks.

SweetZombieJesus
12-31-2012, 07:11 AM
We can argue injuries for nicks, but what can someone tell me other than this double team BS for JPP???
Every pass rusher in the league faces the same hurdles.....

It's partly on him (he has to study what other elite DEs do to evolve their games and develop new techniques to compensate for being doubled and tripled); it's partly on the coaches for not using him as a joker and lining him up all over the place as well as for not leading him by the nose as far as study and evolving his game.

Zaggs
12-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Bradshaw. Don't know why but the guy just can't seem to see the hole alot of times. Offensive line would be second.

nhpgiantsfan
12-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Can't really blame Nicks. He was hurt, but gave us his all. He pretty much put his body on the line to get us that Tampa Bay win, and that's when he added the knee injury to the list and was never the same after that. I have full confidence that will be back to form next year.

timmytimm3
12-31-2012, 09:12 AM
I really thought Osi was going to have a great year. He is healthy and a free agent at the end of the season. I thought he would have more production.

RoanokeFan
12-31-2012, 10:06 AM
I really thought Osi was going to have a great year. He is healthy and a free agent at the end of the season. I thought he would have more production.

Hes just not the player he was.

flashnando
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM
The coaching staff for yet another 6-2 start and another collapse. The fact that this happens every single year and they can't figure out the problem and it culminated in going from locking up the division to completely out of the playoffs in the span of 3 weeks.

Just think if they were able to figure out what was wrong? The Giants would probably have had at least one more Superbowl Trophy, and i emphasize on PROBABLY, i don't want all the haters coming down on me for thinking i said they would have.

BlueJayC
12-31-2012, 10:15 AM
The entire team but only mildly disappointed......

Yeah it blows they didn't make the playoffs but they went 9-7 with some key injuries down the stretch and an extremely difficult schedule but you'd think they went 2-14 from some of the posters on here....yes it's somewhat disappointing as a whole but I'm not gonna single players or coaches out because it's not one person's fault.....not like the performance Tony Romo put up last night.......that was one person't fault......hahaha I instantly felt better watching that.

Roosevelt
12-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Offense: Eli
I expected a more polished Eli coming off the 2011. Instead, we saw flashes of brilliance mixed with Eli's down side of 2010 and prior years.

Defense: Webster
I don't think any of us could ever have imagined that Corey would have been picked on the way he was.

Buddy333
12-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Offense: EliI expected a more polished Eli coming off the 2011. Instead, we saw flashes of brilliance mixed with Eli's down side of 2010 and prior years.Defense: WebsterI don't think any of us could ever have imagined that Corey would have been picked on the way he was.This.

Carter.525
12-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Webster & Tuck..

GameTime
12-31-2012, 10:29 AM
I expected a more polished Eli coming off the 2011. Instead, we saw flashes of brilliance mixed with Eli's down side of 2010 and prior years.

I don't think any of us could ever have imagined that Corey would have been picked on the way he was.
sounds about right

GameTime
12-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Beckum, Barden, Jernnigan, Ojomo, Tracy...
these guys sucked....they were supposed to be the saviors of this team.....:)

JesseJames
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Before anyone starts going crazy, just solely based on their importance & status on our team, I'm going to say Nicks & JPP.....
Besides Eli, I think all can agree Nicks on offense & JPP have been our biggest weapons....both were respected around the league, came off huge years & didn't even come close to living up to the expectations.....
Every pass rusher in the league faces the same hurdles........Obviously plenty of GMen had off years, but Idk if any went from arguably the best at their position around the league to 41th (stats).....there's all kinds of cats that finished ahead of JPP in sacks, & he's tied with Derrick Morgan, the guy we made fun of for supposedly being the better DE in the 2010 draft... Nicks has a legitimate excuse due to his injuries and as far as JPP goes I think his off year was due to Tuck not doing anything and offenses not having to worry about him so they concentrated on JPP and it worked

Joe Morrison
12-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Not seeing Peyton and Eli square off in New Orleans!

BK07071
12-31-2012, 10:43 AM

Very true statement. You hit the nail right on the head! Yet they can't figure out what happened and why.......than they have no business being coaches in this league. Our defense was non existent at times this year. Our famed pass rush was not there this year. So what does that tell you about the defense and who is responsible for that defensive showing? Take a guess !!!!!

RoanokeFan
12-31-2012, 10:53 AM

If Eli can't be a more consistent QB ALL OF THE TIME I don't see him making the HOF

RoanokeFan
12-31-2012, 10:54 AM
Very true statement. You hit the nail right on the head! Yet they can't figure out what happened and why.......than they have no business being coaches in this league. Our defense was non existent at times this year. Our famed pass rush was not there this year. So what does that tell you about the defense and who is responsible for that defensive showing? Take a guess !!!!!

The players are faultless?

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Tie on Defense - Webster and Tuck
Offense has to be the oft injured Nicks

Shockeystays08
12-31-2012, 11:52 AM
Eli and Webster. both looked inept more often than not and it took it's toll.

mike kennedy
12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Ability of our OC to use Wilson like he should of been used. Gilbride could not be creative and ran the same stuff for a different type runner. Not taking away anything from Ahmad but the staff should of realized he was not ready to go out and play while he was injured and I think that cost us 2 games instead of preparing for the obvious like other teams would of done.
T.C. Is stubborn and relies
on feel good and wishful thinking scenarios.

jimsgints
12-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Webster, Tuck

giantsforce
12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
The players are faultless?They are not. But ultimately you need to ask and answer the following questions if you want to know what is wrong:
1. Who selects the players who will be on the field? Do they make they own decisions when they will play and when they will sit? 2. Who was sitting Wilson on the bench and not giving him an opportunity to show us what he has to offer?
3. Who was keeping Sinorice Moss for so long while the rest of the world knew he was useless?
4. Who designs the schemes that they will be used in any game?
5. Who is responsible to see that the players are ready to perform?
6. Who is responsible when a player is not performing to make sure that they do something about it?
7. Who is responsible for studying the opponent and preparing the team to take away their strengths and take advantage of the weaknesses?
8. Who is responsible to do something when they see the same old play calling does not work?
Get the idea? It is easy to point the finger to the players and certainly the deserve plenty of criticism. However, ultimately, the final decision rests with the coaching staff and so does the majority of the responsibility.

dakotajoe
12-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Nicks, Webster - Nicks will be back next year ready to go, we all know his story. Webster's better days are probably over...

Tuck, Osi - but I didn't expect either to have good seasons this year.

jakegibbs
12-31-2012, 03:30 PM
It's sad. Nicks tried and probably injured himself worse for his trying. Ahmad also. What a year for Giants injuries.

That's all on the HC for playing him & Amad when we had a little preveiw of what might have been with a healthy Randle & only spot playing Amad like they did yesterday. Doom dispair & agony on me.. Deep dark depression constant misery..

jakegibbs
12-31-2012, 03:31 PM
They are not. But ultimately you need to ask and answer the following questions if you want to know what is wrong:
1. Who selects the players who will be on the field? Do they make they own decisions when they will play and when they will sit? 2. Who was sitting Wilson on the bench and not giving him an opportunity to show us what he has to offer?
3. Who was keeping Sinorice Moss for so long while the rest of the world knew he was useless?
4. Who designs the schemes that they will be used in any game?
5. Who is responsible to see that the players are ready to perform?
6. Who is responsible when a player is not performing to make sure that they do something about it?
7. Who is responsible for studying the opponent and preparing the team to take away their strengths and take advantage of the weaknesses?
8. Who is responsible to do something when they see the same old play calling does not work?
Get the idea? It is easy to point the finger to the players and certainly the deserve plenty of criticism. However, ultimately, the final decision rests with the coaching staff and so does the majority of the responsibility.

+1000

GentleGiant
12-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Tuck and Webster.