PDA

View Full Version : Nnamdi a Giant?

GoDeep80
12-31-2012, 05:25 AM
Before you start yelling "Why would we sign our favorite toaster?" think about it. Nnamdi still has great ability as a CB and hasn't been with a real Defensive Coordinator in Phili and with our CB situation looking the way it is (and him not possibly expecting a high pay after his time in Phili) I think we should take serious consideration for him. Now he isn't released yet but it's only a matter of time because the Eagles have a lot of money tied up in him that they would rather use on other areas since their now in a state of rebuilding. What do you guys think?

DownWitJPP
12-31-2012, 06:15 AM
Nnandi is a press corner the same as Webby. It's the scheme that is messing with both of them. Inless Fewell realizes this, none of our corners are going to play well. I wouldn't mind Nnamdi in blue as long as it didn't break the bank. I think we will draft another corner high in the draft, will be the cheaper option

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 07:14 AM
Nnandi is a press corner the same as Webby. It's the scheme that is messing with both of them. Inless Fewell realizes this, none of our corners are going to play well. I wouldn't mind Nnamdi in blue as long as it didn't break the bank. I think we will draft another corner high in the draft, will be the cheaper option Prince ,Hosley ,TT they are all better in zone and off coverage. The difference is the pass rush. The quality of DE's was higher its quite simple

Captain Chaos
12-31-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm not a fan on taking on a big salary of an aging CB, we need to draft a CB that can be a shut down corner.

GoDeep80
12-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Nnandi is a press corner the same as Webby. It's the scheme that is messing with both of them. Inless Fewell realizes this, none of our corners are going to play well. I wouldn't mind Nnamdi in blue as long as it didn't break the bank. I think we will draft another corner high in the draft, will be the cheaper optionPerry's contract is up. so say we get a DC who is more attacking and plays more press coverage. would you be for Nnamdi?

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 07:55 AM
Before you start yelling "Why would we sign our favorite toaster?" think about it. Nnamdi still has great ability as a CB and hasn't been with a real Defensive Coordinator in Phili and with our CB situation looking the way it is (and him not possibly expecting a high pay after his time in Phili) I think we should take serious consideration for him. Now he isn't released yet but it's only a matter of time because the Eagles have a lot of money tied up in him that they would rather use on other areas since their now in a state of rebuilding. What do you guys think?

If we could sign him for less than what we were going to pay T2 then sure.

But that'll never happen.

P.S. - And with PF as DC, Namdi would still stink.

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 08:59 AM
Dont think Nnamdi will get released anyway.

DRC is a FA, he could get pretty decent money. Wonder if he goes back to the cardinals, lol.

moosedrool
12-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Nnamdi still has great ability as a CB

You are joking, right?

BigJ
12-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Id take him over C Webb

Moke
12-31-2012, 09:45 AM
I really never liked Nnamdi.... I personally don't see the hype as much as other people do. I rather go for someone cheaper anyway than signing a big CB for big money. He'll definitely want big money.

This is a no for me, an easy no.

RoanokeFan
12-31-2012, 09:46 AM

He didn't look very good yesterday

nycisgreat
12-31-2012, 09:58 AM

DRC is a FA, he could get pretty decent money. Wonder if he goes back to the cardinals, lol.

Are you crazy! lol. The due money due to him next season is nuts! He isn't worth his contract. If he doesn't restructure his deal with Philly, there is no question that he will get cut.

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Are you crazy! lol. The due money due to him next season is nuts! He isn't worth his contract. If he doesn't restructure his deal with Philly, there is no question that he will get cut.

and Philly will go into next season with no CBs?

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 10:02 AM

Their defense couldn't get much worse :D

That and they're a reported $13 mill over the cap for 2013.

But I'd guess restructure on Namdi.

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Their defense couldn't get much worse :D

That and they're a reported $13 mill over the cap for 2013.

But I'd guess restructure on Namdi.

Well they are likely cutting Vick too.

drewz
12-31-2012, 10:06 AM

With the money we're about to pay Webster, we can pay DRC that

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 10:08 AM

I'd keep CWeb over DRC.

Especially given his history of underperforming one season and overperforming the next.

nycisgreat
12-31-2012, 10:08 AM

You mean they will have no over priced CBs. The guy played like trash the past two seasons. CW like play. They can't any worse with him not around.

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM

Yea, we still have to figure out what the cap hits are for releasing guys like Diehl, Webster, Rolle, Boley, Canty etc.

Not that I want them to release all of those guys, but would like to know the numbers

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 10:09 AM
You mean they will have no over priced CBs.

No, I mean they would have no CBs apart from their rookie nickel guy.

drewz
12-31-2012, 10:15 AM
I'd keep CWeb over DRC.

Especially given his history of underperforming one season and overperforming the next.

DRC is 5 years younger.. it's a no brainer if we're able to get him

B-Red22
12-31-2012, 10:16 AM
No thanks

nycisgreat
No, I mean they would have no CBs apart from their rookie nickel guy.

lmao. That is why team have GMs. To replace guys.

Kruunch
DRC is 5 years younger.. it's a no brainer if we're able to get him

Not at the price he'll command (and I don't consider DRC that much better than Hosely to be honest).

EliDaMANning
12-31-2012, 10:17 AM
If the Jets do a firesale we should go after Revis.

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
lmao. That is why team have GMs. To replace guys.

Not many teams are capable of replacing both of their starting CBs in one offseason.

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Yea, we still have to figure out what the cap hits are for releasing guys like Diehl, Webster, Rolle, Boley, Canty etc.

Not that I want them to release all of those guys, but would like to know the numbersIf u arent getting cap room back than cutting them isnt worth it.cutting Canty and getting 2 million to replace him wont help the team.

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 10:24 AM

Not that I want them to release all of those guys, but would like to know the numbers

Assuming we cut before the workout bonus applies:

Canty - $1.7 mill (saves us 6.2)
Diehl - $3 mill (saves us 4.1)
CWeb - $2.75 mill (saves us 7)
Rolle - $2 mill (saves us 7)
Boley - $1.4 (saves us 4.25)

This doesn't include any weird settlement clauses Boley or Diehl may have in the last year of their contracts.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 10:26 AM
If the Jets do a firesale we should go after Revis.

God would cut Jesus before the Jets cut Revis.

GoDeep80
You guys do bring up an interesting point with DRC being a FA. Anyone know what type of CB he is? off man, press man, off zone?

ryan12
2 words.... NO THANKS

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 10:28 AM
You guys do bring up an interesting point with DRC being a FA. Anyone know what type of CB he is? off man, press man, off zone?

Zone.

drewz
12-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Zone.

He's good in press man coverage too

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 10:29 AM

This doesn't include any weird settlement clauses Boley or Diehl may have in the last year of their contracts.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/

Thats substantial savings. Almost 30 million.

Could they find a replacement for all of those players? Lets see.

Canty - may be the toughest of them to release, giants dont have much at DT apart from Linval, Kuhn is a servicable guy, but probably not a starter.
Diehl - for that kind of money, he just isnt worth it, Locklear played far better for much less, but now Locklear is injured. Could Brewer take that spot?
CWeb - another one that would be tough to do without finding a top CB in the draft or FA to replace him.
Rolle - If they release Rolle they could use that money to sign both KP and Brown.
Boley - has seen his role decrease as the year has gone on, J Will has played alright, Rivers could get another 1 year deal for little money.

GoDeep80
12-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Zone.well if we stick with Fewell as DC (Please God No) He'd fit.

GoDeep80
12-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Thats substantial savings. Almost 30 million.

Could they find a replacement for all of those players? Lets see.

Canty - may be the toughest of them to release, giants dont have much at DT apart from Linval, Kuhn is a servicable guy, but probably not a starter.
Diehl - for that kind of money, he just isnt worth it, Locklear played far better for much less, but now Locklear is injured. Could Brewer take that spot?
CWeb - another one that would be tough to do without finding a top CB in the draft or FA to replace him.
Rolle - If they release Rolle they could use that money to sign both KP and Brown.
Boley - has seen his role decrease as the year has gone on, J Will has played alright, Rivers could get another 1 year deal for little money.I hear that Cullen Jenkins is a possible release by the Eagles. He'd be an amazing DT here for us. could finally give us the push up the middle we need.

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Not at the price he'll command (and I don't consider DRC that much better than Hosely to be honest). The problem with FA's is u end up paying elite player prices for good players. Rolle is worth starting money but he isnt Ed Reed. Canty is worth starter money but he isnt Wilfork

Joe Morrison
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Yoy are joking right, we already have proven he is average at best to the point they took him out of the game yesterday. Kind of like Webby, never had anyone oppisite him in Oakland and came to the Eagles where Samuels was on the other side and got worked over, until the Prince showed up Webby never really got to much action, once he did he was exposed as being average, so please, like I said early on when the Eagles got him, its Nandi I'm Not So Good!

ny06
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
We already have one high priced corner (Webster) I rather go young and draft a corner. Hosley, Prince are the future, and Will Hill has shown he can play the corner slot.

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 10:36 AM

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/ are u sure about that because Ive seen different claims. This is about what I got when I did the math but Rolle,Webster,Diehl all those guys restructured

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 10:39 AM
I hear that Cullen Jenkins is a possible release by the Eagles. He'd be an amazing DT here for us. could finally give us the push up the middle we need. Yeah I would have interest in him as well.I dont think he would be an unrealistic get

Joe Morrison
12-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah I would have interest in him as well.I dont think he would be an unrealistic get
Let's pick up guys from a 4 - 12 team, usually you look for players from winning teams!

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Let's pick up guys from a 4 - 12 team, usually you look for players from winning teams!

Nahh, doesnt matter how many wins the team has.

Stevie Brown came the 1 win colts.
Sean Locklear came from the 5 win redskins.

Etc etc.

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 11:15 AM
The problem with FA's is u end up paying elite player prices for good players. Rolle is worth starting money but he isnt Ed Reed. Canty is worth starter money but he isnt Wilfork

Exactamundo.

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 11:17 AM
are u sure about that because Ive seen different claims. This is about what I got when I did the math but Rolle,Webster,Diehl all those guys restructured

That should include their restructures which gets folded into their pro-rated signing bonus.

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Just what we need, another softy on Defense. NONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!