PDA

View Full Version : WE WON! BUT...NICKS???

giantsfan420
12-24-2011, 05:43 PM
That drop pass he kareemed up for an int almost bit us in the ***.

two weeks in a row he hasnt caught anything and really just bobbles and drops ****.

wtf is his dfeal?

also, the d and run game might just come around...and this is when u want them to start playing there best so thats good for us. hopefully romo is out next week but we'll see...we should win either way if our run game and d carries the effort over next week

BornBrooklyn
12-24-2011, 05:45 PM
They're saying in theory, it may be cold weather related... We'll see...

M0rbid
12-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Benchabilty...... If that makes sense.

BallinNY
Revis turned him, it was a pretty clear PI call yet we didn't get it. Defenders are allowed to put one hand on the receiver but not obstruct or alter their route.

Redeyejedi
That drop pass he kareemed up for an int almost bit us in the ***. two weeks in a row he hasnt caught anything and really just bobbles and drops ****. wtf is his dfeal? also, the d and run game might just come around...and this is when u want them to start playing there best so thats good for us. hopefully romo is out next week but we'll see...we should win either way if our run game and d carries the effort over next weekYeah that looked like last year I thought the wheels were about to fall off whwn that happened . Still they shouldnt of thrown the ball there

buddy33
12-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Don't know why Killdrive was calling that risky pass in that situation, but Reavis does get away with a lot of contact.

VTC_NYG
12-24-2011, 05:48 PM
Funny to hear the commentators give Revis all the credit when the reality was Nicks dropped a couple passes he had no business dropping.

MikeIsaGiant
12-24-2011, 05:49 PM
Taking a real risky chance of throwing it towards Revis. All in all, Nicks isn't playing well lately.

buddy33
He is a good WR. He had a tough day. They will need him because Barden is not working out.

I have been patient with him, but he doesn't seem to be fast enough and for his size he is not very physical.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
Its as clear as day. Revis > Nicks. Simple and effective. Nicks wouldn't be the first one. Revis is a different beast. It was evident today that he was pumped to play bc of the comments thrown around between 2 teams. Unfortunately, the rest of his team didnt. BOOM!

nycisgreat
12-24-2011, 05:53 PM

two weeks in a row he hasnt caught anything and really just bobbles and drops ****.

wtf is his dfeal?

also, the d and run game might just come around...and this is when u want them to start playing there best so thats good for us. hopefully romo is out next week but we'll see...we should win either way if our run game and d carries the effort over next week

Hakeem suffered a terrible case of the dropsies, but you have to admit that Revis is good. He shut Nickel down.

nYg24
12-24-2011, 05:54 PM
you guys trash Ham for drops....Hakeem....come on bro...

RoanokeFan
12-24-2011, 05:56 PM

Not for your # 1 receiver. You can use him as a decoy if you lost confidence is his ability to catch

I Bleed Blue
12-24-2011, 05:56 PM
He is a good WR. He had a tough day. They will need him because Barden is not working out.

I have been patient with him, but he doesn't seem to be fast enough and for his size he is not very physical.

He's very physical, but just needs to focus more, much like Manningham. I hope people on this board realize how important Manningham is on this team, even though he makes mental mistakes as well. When this receiving core is on, they are deadly.

buddy33
12-24-2011, 05:58 PM

He's very physical, but just needs to focus more, much like Manningham. I hope people on this board realize how important Manningham is on this team, even though he makes mental mistakes as well. When this receiving core is on, they are deadly.

Absolutely. I was mad during the game, but they won and Nicks has been a very good WR for the Giants. Some of the success Cruz is having is due to the attention Nicks gets. When Manningham is in there they are even better. Hope he is better next week.

nYg24
12-24-2011, 05:59 PM

this, with the big 3 on the field we are "deadly"

giantsfan420
12-24-2011, 06:02 PM
i didnt read one post i disagreed with.

BUT it is troubling that two weeks in a row nicks has really just been awful. lets not sugar coat it. revis is a beast, but tehre were several very catchable balls the past two weeks, some wide open, that nicks dropped.

then, he starts volleyballing them up to the d?

he's got to get his ish together bc cruz PLUS nicks is deadly, cruz alone isnt enough.

but glad our d and run game finally showed up, and it wasnt really until the 2nd half. momentum will be huge.

any news on romo?

tikiandphil
12-24-2011, 06:05 PM

It does make sense my friend. Sad but true.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
12-24-2011, 06:05 PM

BUT it is troubling that two weeks in a row nicks has really just been awful. lets not sugar coat it. revis is a beast, but tehre were several very catchable balls the past two weeks, some wide open, that nicks dropped.

he's got to get his ish together bc cruz PLUS nicks is deadly, cruz alone isnt enough.

but glad our d and run game finally showed up, and it wasnt really until the 2nd half. momentum will be huge.

any news on romo?
hand contusion...xrays negative i think is what they said, hes out for the game, coaches decision bc there is no point for him to play. I want him in the game next week, no excuses when we stomp them

tikiandphil
12-24-2011, 06:13 PM

It does make sense my friend. Sad but true.

nygiantblue
12-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Revis is great but Hakeem has just been bad the last 2 weeks with big time drops that have been (or could have been in today's case) debilitating. Hopefully he has a comeback game against dallas.

Aside from the drops, we also must fix the miscommunication on these routes. too many easy interceptions and grounding calls on 3rd down - it's really starting to get on my nerves. Especially when we have the worst rushing team in the league.

Thankfully the d came to play today. kudos to them. Btw eli had just 20 or so less yards than sanchez while completing 21 less passes. thought that was interesting.

Sarcasman
12-24-2011, 06:21 PM

wtf is his dfeal?

It's Eli's fault.

jakegibbs
12-24-2011, 06:21 PM

wtf is his dfeal?

Nicks is definately the achillies heal on this offense. He has to catch every catchable ball from here out period.

BigBlue1971
12-24-2011, 06:28 PM
Nicks is a good receiver for us. his drops concern me but he'll get it together.</P>

he and Cruz could be a tough duo to cover in the playoffs.</P>

hopefully he'll break out of his funk next week.</P>

Down-lifer
12-24-2011, 06:49 PM
He just looks awful! He's really hurting Eli and the team!

GMenNY21
12-24-2011, 06:56 PM
He has been maddening to watch the last couple of weeks, but I think he will bounce back HUGE versus Dallas next week..

He always KILLS them

sc_markt
12-24-2011, 06:58 PM

wtf is his dfeal?

A change like that indicates to me (in my non-profossional opinion) that something may be up in his personal life or some other issue is going on with him. You could almost count on him to never drop a pass. Now he can't catch hardly anything.

dinz
12-24-2011, 07:02 PM
nicks will be fine, awful last week, is a bit strong, defense have to win it, thats what won today..

RoanokeFan
12-24-2011, 07:05 PM

any news on romo?

We can only hope he'll be back to form against Dallas. He's still a threat and they have to account for him on the field.

GiantWarfare
12-24-2011, 07:07 PM
hopefully #88 is just in a huge funk right now...

NY_Eli
12-24-2011, 07:10 PM
hopefully #88 is just in a huge funk right now...

I think it's this. He's a talented receiver. I think he'll get over this mental hurdle.

RobCarpenter
12-24-2011, 07:10 PM
He had a tough day. </P>

He's had more than just a tough day. He was rather poor last week as well. He needs to pick up his game.</P>

NYG4Life10
12-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Brandon Marshall </P>

This is who Nicks reminds me of, Lots of talent but drop alot of key passes</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
12-24-2011, 07:13 PM
He is a good WR. He had a tough day. They will need him because Barden is not working out. I have been patient with him, but he doesn't seem to be fast enough and for his size he is not very physical. He's very physical, but just needs to focus more, much like Manningham. I hope people on this board realize how important Manningham is on this team, even though he makes mental mistakes as well. When this receiving core is on, they are deadly. Absolutely. I was mad during the game, but they won and Nicks has been a very good WR for the Giants. Some of the success Cruz is having is due to the attention Nicks gets. When Manningham is in there they are even better. Hope he is better next week.THIS HERE

egyptian420
12-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Nicks had a very bad day that's for sure. I'll let his bad performance from last week slide just because the entire offense sucked last week.

The offense also couldn't get going this week either. We couldn't get the run going and most passes were forced against a really good secondary. And Eli was under tons of pressure, he wasn't getting very good protection.

I think Nicks has a huge bounce back game against the Cowboys next week. I hope our defense, and particularly our D line, plays as well next week as they did against Sanchez.

myles2424
12-24-2011, 08:28 PM
I'd love to pick up another WR in the offseason.......nicks is injury prone & HAM is way too inconsistent and could possibly be gone....if we could add a 3rd WR that's as much of a threat as Cruz & nicks are, could be scary

NYGRealityCheck
12-24-2011, 08:30 PM
mostly Revis' physical play/coverage...

but they had no answer for Victor Cruz.. ha!

Down-lifer
12-24-2011, 09:20 PM
He had a tough day. </P>

He's had more than just a tough day.** He was rather poor last week as well.* He needs to pick up his game.</P>No, he's been flat out awful! He almost caust us the game.