PDA

View Full Version : Kruunch's Take (Eagles II)

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 08:48 AM
I've officially dubbed this game as "Well, at least we creamed Philly". Also known as the "Looking toward next year game".

1) All I kept hearing during the game was "Where were these Giants the past two weeks?" ... ummm ... look at the quality of the opponent.

2) Other than happy with beating the Eagles (finally), I didn't take anything from this game that I didn't take away in 2010. We didn't beat the teams we needed to. This wasn't our year.

3) Please God ... if you're a merciful and benign and just God ... if you like me even just a little bit ... let Perry Fewell get a head coaching gig somewhere (either that or drop a bus on him).

4) Question for 2013: Will David Wilson average more than 5 carries a game? :rolleyes:

5) I hope the Giants concentrate on both lines and a CB for next year.

6) Notice I'm not saying anything about the actual game itself?

7) Stevie Brown is pretty special. If we ever get a DC that actually blitzes (and I'm not talking about those ***** zone blitzes either) this kid will realize my prognostication of him being our Troy Polamalu.

8) Think the Eagles quit in that last game? (teehee)

9) The warm and fuzzies didn't last long, as the Lions promptly ended the **** tease they had going.

10) People are going to cry for wholesale changes ... coaching, players, yada yada yada. They aren't going to get it. PF will be back. KG will be back. Most of the players will be back (some contracts aside). This team is nothing if not consistent (and being consistently inconsistent is its own type of consistency (I just needed to say the word consistent a bunch more times))).

Until next year my friends, I bid you a fond farewell!

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 09:35 AM
Just watching the game again now....

How intimidating is it having KP and Stevie Brown back deep? I dont think Vick ever even tried to throw deep on either of them.

Can Will Hill do what Rolle does? Play up in the box, play some nickel corner? Rolle is a decent player up there, but not worth what he makes.

tmcd637
12-31-2012, 09:40 AM
This is the same team that beat Saints, Greenbay and San fran, But lost to Atlanta , Ravens, and Redskins! Injuries were not the problem it was coaching!

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
Just watching the game again now....

How intimidating is it having KP and Stevie Brown back deep? I dont think Vick ever even tried to throw deep on either of them.

Can Will Hill do what Rolle does? Play up in the box, play some nickel corner? Rolle is a decent player up there, but not worth what he makes.

Brown would play better in the box than Hill. Hill is more of a cover guy in my mind.

Between Brown, KP and Hill we don't need Rolle imo. Assuming we can straighten out our CB situation (the one area that Rolle really shines ... his flexibility). However the Giants have really caught some fire at the Safety position (or so it seems).

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 11:06 AM
This is the same team that beat Saints, Greenbay and San fran, But lost to Atlanta , Ravens, and Redskins! Injuries were not the problem it was coaching!

On any given Sunday and all that.

Players being moved and new players coming in is a reality in the NFL every season ... independent of coaching moves.

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Brown would play better in the box than Hill. Hill is more of a cover guy in my mind..

Stevie Brown has made almost all of his plays this season playing deep.

Hill has spent a lot of the season playing up in the box and playing nickel CB.

I think all three of them (KP, Brown, Hill) could do all of it, which is also a positive.

Moke
12-31-2012, 11:09 AM
I've officially dubbed this game as "Well, at least we creamed Philly". Also known as the "Looking toward next year game".

1) All I kept hearing during the game was "Where were these Giants the past two weeks?" ... ummm ... look at the quality of the opponent.
Yeah, true... but they played like crap regardless. It showed the inconsistencies of the team. And where the hell was the mentality "WE BEAT GOOD TEAMS."

2) Other than happy with beating the Eagles (finally), I didn't take anything from this game that I didn't take away in 2010. We didn't beat the teams we needed to. This wasn't our year.
True, but we had another 2nd half collapse. Pretty pathetic, and is it a coincidence?

3) Please God ... if you're a merciful and benign and just God ... if you like me even just a little bit ... let Perry Fewell get a head coaching gig somewhere (either that or drop a bus on him).
Probably won't happen, but I agree here. I really think another DC couldn't harm this team, especially since a lot of the defense is probably leaving.

4) Question for 2013: Will David Wilson average more than 5 carries a game? :rolleyes:
Yes, I think so.

5) I hope the Giants concentrate on both lines and a CB for next year.
Most important part of the draft. I really hope we go for offensive-line and then CB. DE might be slim but I can see Ojomo coming strong and maybe Kiwi will go back to DE

7) Stevie Brown is pretty special. If we ever get a DC that actually blitzes (and I'm not talking about those ***** zone blitzes either) this kid will realize my prognostication of him being our Troy Polamalu.
Our 2012 MVP
8) Think the Eagles quit in that last game? (teehee)
Maybe? Looked like they did when they kept going for it on 4th and whatever.
9) The warm and fuzzies didn't last long, as the Lions promptly ended the **** tease they had going.
Gladly the Vikings won as well, so it wouldn't have mattered all along.

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Stevie Brown has made almost all of his plays this season playing deep.

Hill has spent a lot of the season playing up in the box and playing nickel CB.

I think all three of them (KP, Brown, Hill) could do all of it, which is also a positive.

Agreed.

They've played Brown in the box though (solid tackler). And they've blitzed Brown (solid blitzer). This is why I compare Brown to Polamalu ... he literally can play well anywhere. KP as well (as you said).

I haven't seen enough of Hill to determine what his strengths and weaknesses are ... I've seen him more in coverage than at the point of attack which is why I say he seems more like a cover guy to me. But he definitely has the size to play up in the box and he's shown himself to be a decent tackler.

The Nickel CB is the important role (no pun intended) in our current defensive scheme. Not sure Hill or Brown play that especially well. Our best defense seemed to have been with KP and Brown at the Safety positions and Rolle at Nickel CB. Not sure Hill could take that spot (does he have the speed and intuition to cover the slot guy on an every down basis)?