PDA

View Full Version : That Eagles thrashing took 4 years in the making

BigBlue wins
12-31-2012, 09:27 AM
And also ends the Reid era and that crap. With the way this season unfolded, I have a suspicious feeling the skins are going to be giving us problems for quite a while.

Flip Empty
12-31-2012, 09:34 AM
It's not really suspicious when they won the division haha

Kruunch
12-31-2012, 09:35 AM
I could have told you that in week 4.

BlueJayC
12-31-2012, 09:47 AM
There's definitely a power shift with the teams but with that being said NO division game especially in the NFC East is ever a gimme.....the Eagles games will always be a pain in the a**.

r1000
12-31-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm not soooooo high on last night's win... how aren't we sure they just didn't mail it in, what did they have to play for? They sure did get a better draft pick thats for sure.

BigBlue wins
12-31-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm not soooooo high on last night's win... how aren't we sure they just didn't mail it in, what did they have to play for? They sure did get a better draft pick thats for sure.

They probably did mail it in, but the eagles new head coach will likely take a bit to get used to the giants.

Moke
12-31-2012, 11:56 AM
And also ends the Reid era and that crap. With the way this season unfolded, I have a suspicious feeling the skins are going to be giving us problems for quite a while.

I think Reid getting fired could be a bad thing as well. Let's be careful what we wish for, that's for sure.

sportsfan554
12-31-2012, 11:57 AM
If we can figure out a way to contain RG3, then the redskins wont be as successful next season. We are the only team that had problems with him. I give him a few seasons and he will turn out like vick.

RoanokeFan
12-31-2012, 12:10 PM

It didn't look like the "mailed it in" to me. We made some good plays. The kinds of plays we made against the 49ERS, Packers, and Saints.

What I find a bit disingenuous if those posters who, in the run up to the game, ASSURED the world the Eagles would have us for breakfast, we won't score a point, Vick is auditioning for his new employer, etc. are the very same people who now say the Eagles laid down. The same Eagles who beat us earlier in the year, The same Eagles who put 33 points up against Dallas and damn near beat them.

I saw some things that were very encouraging that many hear have been moaning about all season. Most interesting to me was the red zone efficiency I don't see anyone saying anything about that now that we were 100% in that category. Why is that? OH, it doesn't count because we didn't get into the playoffs? Eli won't uses those stats in his resume? We didn't see more evidence that Wilson and Randle are real deals going forward?

It's the same old story, if it isn't bad news those very few and vocal negative Nancies simply cannot bring themselves to look at the other side of the coin. They wold much rather pell off the warts a sliver at a time and drone on about how everything and everyone connected with this team sucks.

Well, now that the season is over, many of them will hibernate for the winter until the draft when they will return to again tell us that Reese is a jerk and doesn't know how to evaluate talent. That losing Marc Ross will render us powerless in the draft process.

BS.

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Lets see how the Skins gimmick offense holds up after an off season of defensive coordinators to prepare.

FrankAE
12-31-2012, 12:14 PM
If we can figure out a way to contain RG3, then the redskins wont be as successful next season. We are the only team that had problems with him. I give him a few seasons and he will turn out like vick.

Actually Giants held him to his second lowest qb rating which was a tenth more than the best team did in the last 7 weeks, RG3 is light years better than Vick. RG3 will progress into a more pocket passer and still be as lethal as he is running the ball, but the option will always be there. The best news about the skins is Fletcher can't possibly play much longer. That defense is in major trouble without him.

sportsfan554
12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
my point exactly! I dont see the redskings having the same success next season. teams will figure out how to stop the pistol offense and shut down RG3

brad
12-31-2012, 12:24 PM
I saw some things that were very encouraging that many hear have been moaning about all season. Most interesting to me was the red zone efficiency I don't see anyone saying anything about that now that we were 100% in that category. Why is that? OH, it doesn't count because we didn't get into the playoffs? Eli won't uses those stats in his resume? We didn't see more evidence that Wilson and Randle are real deals going forward?

The offense came out and looked like a different team, I attribute at least some of that to a change in the way the called the game. Using quick slants to get receivers of press coverage and slow down the pass rush, using the RB in the passing game... KG came out and called an impressive game, I would be more excited if I thought that would be the norm. But, I think his over-reliance on the deep pass will return next year.

The emergence of RR was a great thing to see, and Wilson had a great game. That wasn't a surprise, but was happy to see them more involved and look forward to what they do next year.

Another positive was the defense, they played very well. We finally saw an aggressive game plan that, at least for a while, brought pressure and even had a few run blitzes. This was the type of game plan we have been waiting for PF to call, unfortunately we all know he will go back to the bend don't break/read and react defense.

Overall, it was nice to finish strong, unfortunately it was too little to late, but still better than going out the way they played the past two games.

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Actually Giants held him to his second lowest qb rating which was a tenth more than the best team did in the last 7 weeks, RG3 is light years better than Vick. RG3 will progress into a more pocket passer and still be as lethal as he is running the ball, but the option will always be there. The best news about the skins is Fletcher can't possibly play much longer. That defense is in major trouble without him.

They still have Orakpo and Carriker coming back next season...

On the other hand, RG3 can't run forever. Running QBs never last long in this league. If he becomes a traditional pocket passer, we will be there to demolish him.

chuckedafter5yards
12-31-2012, 01:23 PM
Agreed, the Redskins are going to find D coords with a game plan for that college offense- plus RG3 is going to get creamed when the running game get's stuffed.

JB456
12-31-2012, 01:28 PM
I think Reid getting fired could be a bad thing as well. Let's be careful what we wish for, that's for sure.

I am sure its a good thing. Why, do you think the new Eagles coach will be even more successful against the Giants than Reid was? I don't even think thatss possible.

Moke
12-31-2012, 01:32 PM
I am sure its a good thing. Why, do you think the new Eagles coach will be even more successful against the Giants than Reid was? I don't even think thatss possible.

How do you know he won't?

joemorrisforprez
12-31-2012, 01:35 PM

If the Giants don't upgrade their linebackers next season, this will continue.

talbot
12-31-2012, 01:37 PM
The Giants really, really need a stud MLB. I love Chase, but they need an upgrade. I like J. Will a lot, and think he can start, and Boley is still probably one of the better LBs on the team...but they need a playmaker at MLB.

BuffyBlueII
12-31-2012, 01:45 PM

Well, we need to get folks like Tuck and Osi that are afraid of Roach With Braids to stop being intimidated by him. Then we need to get a new OC that is not going to handcuff our offense when Tuck and Osi hold public lovefests and proclaim their nightmares. We need to instill our defense with the attitude that Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers had when facing Roach With Braids and that was to go after him and look forward to hitting him.

Alfred Morris is the true backbone on Washington Redskins offense. Mike Shannahan will now try to gameplan around Alfred Morris and ride him through playoffs.

Roach With Braids will never be as dangerous or as fast as Mike Vick was.

BuffyBlueII
12-31-2012, 01:51 PM
It didn't look like the "mailed it in" to me. We made some good plays. The kinds of plays we made against the 49ERS, Packers, and Saints.

What I find a bit disingenuous if those posters who, in the run up to the game, ASSURED the world the Eagles would have us for breakfast, we won't score a point, Vick is auditioning for his new employer, etc. are the very same people who now say the Eagles laid down. The same Eagles who beat us earlier in the year, The same Eagles who put 33 points up against Dallas and damn near beat them.

It's the same old story, if it isn't bad news those very few and vocal negative Nancies simply cannot bring themselves to look at the other side of the coin. They wold much rather pell off the warts a sliver at a time and drone on about how everything and everyone connected with this team sucks.

Well, now that the season is over, many of them will hibernate for the winter until the draft when they will return to again tell us that Reese is a jerk and doesn't know how to evaluate talent. That losing Marc Ross will render us powerless in the draft process.

BS.

There was some nice things from yesterdays win over Philadelphia Eagles and yes, Wilson and Randle should get more playing time next season. However, the 2nd season collapse once again and the disgusting offensive play calling this year that heavily contributed to close losses against both Washington and Philadelphia shouldn't be ignored because of it. The issue of getting rid of our garbage OC still needs to be addressed as does our lackluster defensive line as well as our linebackers. The positives from yesterday donít absolve another unfullfilled season riddled with inconsistent play and miserable jobs by the coaches and coordinators.