PDA

View Full Version : RG3 better enjoy playoffs- could be his last

chuckedafter5yards
12-31-2012, 10:11 AM
I see the Redskins making it a one-and-done in the playoffs and I believe the offense is too simple for defenses not to make the adjustments next year. RG3 will get hit and hit alot in the coming year, that is going to slow down the running attack and they Redskins don't have the talent at skill positions to compete. If the Giants don't have 18 penalties in DC, the game is over and the Gmen are the NFC East champs. They had the softest schedule in the division in 2012 and now w/o much of draft class they go into 2013 against the best-not the worst. RG3 is going to get clocked running in the NFL.

Moke
12-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Might not be his last post-season. The NFC East will be difficult to win for years to come. With Reid gone, they might bring in another coach that is just as amazing.

Cowboys are going to make changes.

BigBlueAllDay
12-31-2012, 11:13 AM
RG3 and the Redskins sealed last night's game on a roughing the passer penalty. Enough said...

krygny
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Don't make the mistake of confusing RG3 with the psychotic dog-killer. RG3 can be a legitimate NFL QB. The Giants are going to have to deal with him for a long time.

But the Foreskins gave up a lot to get him and they're also the 2nd most screwed up franchise in the NFL (Jests are #1). Their consistently poor decision making always catches up to them.

Moke
12-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Don't make the mistake of confusing RG3 with the psychotic dog-killer. RG3 can be a legitimate NFL QB. The Giants are going to have to deal with him for a long time.

But the Foreskins gave up a lot to get him and they're also the 2nd most screwed up franchise in the NFL (Jests are #1). Their consistently poor decision making always catches up to them.

What does Vick being a dog-killer have anything to do with comparing the 2 QBs in skill/talent?

Nothing.

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 11:32 AM
I agree that the defenses will catch up with this "high school gimmicky" offense next year. RG3 does have a good arm and can be successful as a pocket passer. If he continues to run and not protect his body he will end up like Vick.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 11:38 AM
I see the Redskins making it a one-and-done in the playoffs and I believe the offense is too simple for defenses not to make the adjustments next year. RG3 will get hit and hit alot in the coming year, that is going to slow down the running attack and they Redskins don't have the talent at skill positions to compete. If the Giants don't have 18 penalties in DC, the game is over and the Gmen are the NFC East champs. They had the softest schedule in the division in 2012 and now w/o much of draft class they go into 2013 against the best-not the worst. RG3 is going to get clocked running in the NFL.

Your points are all valid but they feel like rationales. The Redskins won the division and they deserved to win the division. You play the games on the schedule. The Giants squandered their opportunities, the Redskins took theirs.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 11:41 AM

I agree. Griffin is a QB, Vick never was and isn't.

On the Skins, I don't know. If Snyder is smart enough to stay 100% out of football operations, the Skins will probably be very good for a while. Shanahan knows football, that's why they are where they are right now.

Joe Morrison
12-31-2012, 11:51 AM

On the Skins, I don't know. If Snyder is smart enough to stay 100% out of football operations, the Skins will probably be very good for a while. Shanahan knows football, that's why they are where they are right now.

Not a big Skins fan but overall they were the more complete team in the NFC East this year even with all the rookies starting, they played consistenlty in all phases of the game, that's why they are still in the show. Can see them being tough for sometime to come with the youth on their roster.

Moke
12-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Not a big Skins fan but overall they were the more complete team in the NFC East this year even with all the rookies starting, they played consistenlty in all phases of the game, that's why they are still in the show. Can see them being tough for sometime to come with the youth on their roster.

Their defense is pretty phenomenal too.

Kerrigan91
12-31-2012, 12:05 PM
RG3 and the Redskins sealed last night's game on a roughing the passer penalty. Enough said...Really?

Don't mention the only touchdown of the first half for the Cowboys was on a 45 second play clock. Give me a break dude. From a fan of a team who literally got handed a win against Pittsburgh, talking **** about flags is just laughable.

I know you guys really want RG3 to be a fluke, but its not looking that way. He was playing with one leg the past 2 weeks and got the job done. Also keep in mind, its not just him. Its the O Line finally hitting full speed with the Zone Scheme, the Rookie 6th round RB, and much more.

Keep talking **** all you want, but the Giants players are sitting at home, and the Redskins are in the playoffs. I love these Nostradamus posts that people make about RG3. The Read Option has yet to be even close to be contained, and to think he can run it at 75% speed, just imagine next year at full speed.

Moke
12-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Really?

Don't mention the only touchdown of the first half for the Cowboys was on a 45 second play clock. Give me a break dude. From a fan of a team who literally got handed a win against Pittsburgh, talking **** about flags is just laughable.

I know you guys really want RG3 to be a fluke, but its not looking that way. He was playing with one leg the past 2 weeks and got the job done. Also keep in mind, its not just him. Its the O Line finally hitting full speed with the Zone Scheme, the Rookie 6th round RB, and much more.

Keep talking **** all you want, but the Giants players are sitting at home, and the Redskins are in the playoffs. I love these Nostradamus posts that people make about RG3. The Read Option has yet to be even close to be contained, and to think he can run it at 75% speed, just imagine next year at full speed.

RG3 is a good QB, but not sure how long he can hold up the way he plays. I'm hoping he learns his listen and he becomes the pocket passer. This would make lives easier for other teams.

P_Simms_#11
12-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Not taking anything away from the Skins, I'm glad that they eliminated Dallas. That being said, i don't think they will get past Seattle.

Kerrigan91
12-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Not taking anything away from the Skins, I'm glad that they eliminated Dallas. That being said, i don't think they will get past Seattle.
I am a Redskins fan and am not sure they can beat Seattle. Its possible, sure but it isn't likely. Seattle has a great defense and running back. The redskins defense is surviving purely on hope right now by the looks of it.

However, I could just call their entire Read Option system they run in Seattle a gimmick and say they'll be beaten soon enough like some other fans.

BigBlueAllDay
12-31-2012, 12:28 PM
The Skins had every right to win the division and earned it. They were one deep ball to Victor Cruz TD away from owning and sweeping the entire division. I don't even think Skins fans that are high from smoking RG3 even realize that.

BigBlueAllDay
12-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Really?

You completely missed my point like A-rod on a high fastball dude. I'm trying to say that hurting RG3 is not going to be a winning formula against the Redskins. The other team will pay the price through a loss and fines/suspensions eventually.

Kerrigan91
12-31-2012, 01:42 PM
You completely missed my point like A-rod on a high fastball dude. I'm trying to say that hurting RG3 is not going to be a winning formula against the Redskins. The other team will pay the price through a loss and fines/suspensions eventually.I thought you meant they won because of a BS call, not that they were protecting him, just read it a different way I suppose.

I've not been a fan of how much they protect the QB with these flags, but that one was the correct call since he was in the pocket. If he was outside of it, its a different story but any QB, running or otherwise will get that call when the Ref sees it happen.

Manster54
12-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Living in Texas and being a fan of HS football, I've known about RGIII for a long time (Copperas Cove HS, I believe). I also followed him at Baylor. This kid is very talented and seems like he has a good head on his shoulders. I've always liked him and it sucks that he wound up in D.C. because he will make the 'Skins hard to deal with for a long time. My concern would be that he's going to have short career if he continues to run as much as he does.

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 01:58 PM
Their defense is pretty phenomenal too.

Lets not get carried away. Statistically they are on the bottom in almost every Defensive category including points and yardage. Phenomenal it is not.

BigBlueAllDay
12-31-2012, 02:32 PM
I thought you meant they won because of a BS call, not that they were protecting him, just read it a different way I suppose.

I've not been a fan of how much they protect the QB with these flags, but that one was the correct call since he was in the pocket. If he was outside of it, its a different story but any QB, running or otherwise will get that call when the Ref sees it happen.

It was a failed attempt by the Cowboy defender in trying to bat down the pass at the line of scrimmage right after the snap, missed the ball and hit RG3's helmet instead. Blow to the helmet. No ref is going to miss that one.

P_Simms_#11
12-31-2012, 03:13 PM
I am a Redskins fan and am not sure they can beat Seattle. Its possible, sure but it isn't likely. Seattle has a great defense and running back. The redskins defense is surviving purely on hope right now by the looks of it.

However, I could just call their entire Read Option system they run in Seattle a gimmick and say they'll be beaten soon enough like some other fans.

Time will tell. For now, enjoy the win and see what happens.

chuckedafter5yards
12-31-2012, 06:39 PM
The Giants had the division, no doubt they squandered the chance. Yes, you play who is on your schedule but in the long run the Redskins are more of a one trick pony than a legit, buddy enemy. The OL will not be able to run like they did this year and RG3 will be forced to do more and more and there is the downfall. Without the play fake RG3 is no more than above average QB throwing to below average talent.

BigBlue1971
12-31-2012, 08:51 PM
RG3 will only stands a chance if Afred Morris continues his excellent production which i dont believe he will!

Morris is a beast for the skins. if not for him they surely would not be playoff bound!

BuffyBlueII
01-01-2013, 01:25 AM
Don't make the mistake of confusing RG3 with the psychotic dog-killer. RG3 can be a legitimate NFL QB. The Giants are going to have to deal with him for a long time. But the Foreskins gave up a lot to get him and they're also the 2nd most screwed up franchise in the NFL (Jests are #1). Their consistently poor decision making always catches up to them.When Mike Vick is on his game he is head and shoulders better than Roach With Braids.

Flip Empty
01-01-2013, 04:55 AM
People have doubted Griffin all the way to the playoffs. Keep crying.

ashleymarie
01-01-2013, 04:59 AM

You mentioned psychotic dog killer, and I remember something funny that I read a few months ago. If you have seen it before just delete.

http://imgur.com/a/9H0Hv

giantyankee1976
01-01-2013, 09:04 AM
One thing for sure after a decade or so of the NFCE remaining mostly stable, the landscape will be drastically changed from this point forward.

I hate and have hated any kind or Run-Option, Wildcat, Wild-Dolphin, etc kind of Offense in the Pro-League the instant it got "introduced."

It seems cheap and phony but let's be real here.

Is it not the job of every HC and his Assistants to gameplan to secure a Win? So if that means tricking you with the QB out on the edge or running the freaking Pistol set to throw, run or option-run, well...

If Reese does his due diligence he recognize the threat RGP represents and begin to acquire pieces to better spy, contain or hit that *******. Also Alfred Morris is no one to sneeze at...

Also Rob Ryan's Defense did improve and most likely only gets better from this point forward.

As to the Eagles, they will be the most radically changed so who knows what they will morph into?

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 02:17 PM
People have doubted Griffin all the way to the playoffs. Keep crying.

Really?

It must be like one guy because I don't recall reading anyone doubting him.

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 02:18 PM
Lets not get carried away. Statistically they are on the bottom in almost every Defensive category including points and yardage. Phenomenal it is not.

They're playing better as the season progresses. They seemed to play well against the Cowboys the other night.

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 02:20 PM
When Mike Vick is on his game he is head and shoulders better than Roach With Braids.

I strongly disagree. I think Griffin has far superior QB skills. Vick has never been more than fair to middlin'.

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 02:26 PM
One thing for sure after a decade or so of the NFCE remaining mostly stable, the landscape will be drastically changed from this point forward.

I hate and have hated any kind or Run-Option, Wildcat, Wild-Dolphin, etc kind of Offense in the Pro-League the instant it got "introduced."

It seems cheap and phony but let's be real here.

Is it not the job of every HC and his Assistants to gameplan to secure a Win? So if that means tricking you with the QB out on the edge or running the freaking Pistol set to throw, run or option-run, well...

If Reese does his due diligence he recognize the threat RGP represents and begin to acquire pieces to better spy, contain or hit that *******. Also Alfred Morris is no one to sneeze at...

Also Rob Ryan's Defense did improve and most likely only gets better from this point forward.

As to the Eagles, they will be the most radically changed so who knows what they will morph into?

I hear ya, but here's hoping the GIants front office doesn't make the mistake of allowing the moronic media mindset into the draft room by drafting to defend one guy or one team. That's idiotic. Very good teams draft to improve themselves, not to chase the false notion that they need to react to some other team.

giantyankee1976
01-01-2013, 02:27 PM
I strongly disagree. I think Griffin has far superior QB skills. Vick has never been more than fair to middlin'.

truthful statement.

Vick is/ was a QB who runs and can throw (somewhat).

RGP is a QB who throws and can run.

Subtle, but there is a difference.

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 02:32 PM
truthful statement.

Vick is/ was a QB who runs and can throw (somewhat).

RGP is a QB who throws and can run.

Subtle, but there is a difference.

Exactly. Griffin seems to be able to beat you with his arm. While it hasn't been tested very much yet, he certainly seems to have very good passing skills. Vick doesn't and never did. No team that dared Vick to beat them with his arm was disappointed in the results.

giantyankee1976
01-01-2013, 02:40 PM
I hear ya, but here's hoping the GIants front office doesn't make the mistake of allowing the moronic media mindset into the draft room by drafting to defend one guy or one team. That's idiotic. Very good teams draft to improve themselves, not to chase the false notion that they need to react to some other team.

Oh I understand you completely, but to me, and this is why I am NOT a NFL scout, coach etc; to me we seem to lack overall speed on our Defense, specifically from the edge.

I mean Osi, JPP even Tracy a few times have shown us burst but no one is consistent with the edge pressure. I would love to see opponent pockets collapse or in the process of collapse as the Ends and/or Backers push the Tackles into the QB.

I believe we need to refocus not only a Pass Rush but a legitimate Run Stop unit. (How many 1st downs/ TDs did they give up?) 3rd and shorts is where the D makes it money.

My two-cents worth.

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Oh I understand you completely, but to me, and this is why I am NOT a NFL scout, coach etc; to me we seem to lack overall speed on our Defense, specifically from the edge.

I mean Osi, JPP even Tracy a few times have shown us burst but no one is consistent with the edge pressure. I would love to see opponent pockets collapse or in the process of collapse as the Ends and/or Backers push the Tackles into the QB.

I believe we need to refocus not only a Pass Rush but a legitimate Run Stop unit. (How many 1st downs/ TDs did they give up?) 3rd and shorts is where the D makes it money.

My two-cents worth.

I agree with you, my point was simply (and I'm no NFL professional either) is that our slow footed, undisciplined defense needs to be upgraded to complete against all teams. It's got nothing to do with the Redskins. You don't win in this league with a slow, undisciplined and overpursuing defensive front. And we absolutely need run stoppers. This team is embarrassing against the run.

OX1
01-01-2013, 04:24 PM

You don't think the league is going towards at least highly mobile QB across the board?
I don't see it as defending only one guy.

8 QB;'s that have at least 4 rushing TD's this year and 5 who have have well over 300 yards.

http://pickingpros.com/nfl/quarterback-rushing-leaders.php

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 05:02 PM
You don't think the league is going towards at least highly mobile QB across the board?
I don't see it as defending only one guy.

8 QB;'s that have at least 4 rushing TD's this year and 5 who have have well over 300 yards.

http://pickingpros.com/nfl/quarterback-rushing-leaders.php

Never said that. See last post.

Absolutely the migration toward a more mobile style of QB warrants attention, but that's all. It doesn't necessitate any kind of wholesale changing of defensive personnel or structure as I've been reading over and over on these boards.

OX1
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Never said that. See last post.

Absolutely the migration toward a more mobile style of QB warrants attention, but that's all. It doesn't necessitate any kind of wholesale changing of defensive personnel or structure as I've been reading over and over on these boards.

Depends on what personnel you currently have. If your D is dog slow overall, then you need to upgrade quite a bit.

gmenfan0488
01-01-2013, 08:35 PM
RG3's gonna be a force to be reckoned with for tomorrow, as are the redskins. Morris had a great year too, if they fix their defense, they'll be tough for a while. RG3's a quarterback and should run less, he's good and smart with the football

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Depends on what personnel you currently have. If your D is dog slow overall, then you need to upgrade quite a bit.

True but it that's the case that defense wouldn't be effective against any team.

Sarcasman
01-01-2013, 10:50 PM
RG3's gonna be a force to be reckoned with for tomorrow, as are the redskins. Morris had a great year too, if they fix their defense, they'll be tough for a while. RG3's a quarterback and should run less, he's good and smart with the football

I think they'll be good and tough for as long as their owner allows good football people to run the team. If he stays out of it, they'll be good for a long time which is good news for the NFCE because they'd been irrelevant for a long time.

JB456
01-03-2013, 11:00 PM

RGIII is completely legit in my mind but there is a major issue with how the Redskins are using him. If they continue to run that Gimmick offense, RGIII could have a major injury as soon as this weekend. How many times has he been injured this year? Two times or was it three? This is the NFL and NFL linebackers are probably licking their chops when he close by.

Anyway, its too late for the Redskins to make any major adjustments to their offense at this point so I anticipate seeing some more RGIII runs. I hope for this kids sake he doesn't get injured cause from what I've seen, he is a pretty stand up guy.

BigBlueAllDay
01-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Instead of hoping for RG3 to get injured in the future, I'm hoping for the Giants to upgrade their defense in the future so the Redskins don't become an automatic two losses for seasons to come.

Sean Montemayor
01-04-2013, 07:05 PM
We missed playoffs by one point. Unreal. Had we made the field goal we missed at Fed Ex field, we would have beaten RG3 and the 'Skins 19-17. We would have been the NFC East champs. Record would have been this: Final result: New York Giants- 10-6, Washington Redskins- 9-7. Revenge will be so sweet this September.

Kerrigan91
01-04-2013, 11:12 PM
We missed playoffs by one point. Unreal. Had we made the field goal we missed at Fed Ex field, we would have beaten RG3 and the 'Skins 19-17. We would have been the NFC East champs. Record would have been this: Final result: New York Giants- 10-6, Washington Redskins- 9-7. Revenge will be so sweet this September.
Not exactly how things work, considering the field goal miss was well before the end of the game, but keep saying that.

The redskins also were well within Field Goal range while running out the clock. These are the dumbest arguments fans make (of all teams).

Rodgers12
01-04-2013, 11:49 PM
I wouldnt be suprised to see the Skins make a run like we did in 2010. RG3 is a beast. They are the only other team I really like in the NFC. I hate Seattle with a passion, of course hate the Vikings, Atlanta doesn't bother me that much and dont really care for SF.

Sarcasman
01-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Instead of hoping for RG3 to get injured in the future, I'm hoping for the Giants to upgrade their defense in the future so the Redskins don't become an automatic two losses for seasons to come.

You must be watching a different Redskins team than the one I've been seeing. The Giants absolutely need to improve their defense bit that's got nothing to do with the Redskins. The Giant defense sucks against anybody.

Sarcasman
01-05-2013, 01:01 PM

Revenge? LOL.

No sane person is thinking this; there's nothing to avenge with regard to the Redskins.

BigBlueAllDay
01-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Seahawks may be the last hope for wildcard teams this season. Otherwise, it migh be another all-wildcards-booted on wildcard weekend. I don't see the Colts beating the Ravens at Baltimore.

NYfanatic
01-06-2013, 05:36 PM

I can see it now... Redskins dont win the bowl: Dan synders checklist
1. Blamed the season on the "poor Receivers" Trade 2014 1st Rounder, 2015 4th Rounder for Sidney Rice. Preceed to extend him for another 5 years. Make him the highest paid WR ever.
2. Now says "we need fast guys" Trade 2014 3rd rounder to Saints for Darren Sproles. Extend him for 3 years $6 mill a year.
3. Extend Adam Carriker for being "A Die hard Redskin". 4 years at $4.5 Mill a year.
4. Says they need a "Pass rush" Trades Ryan Kerrigan, 2015 1st Rounder and 5th to Colts for Dwight Freeney. Extends him an extra two years which makes another $10 mill a year.
5. Cuts Fletcher, Deangelo Hall and Moss "In with new , out with the old to free Cap space"
6. Trade Cousins to Cardinals for a 2014 5th rounder "Need to recoup some picks he says"
7. Sign Vick to a 3 year $7 Mill a year to back up RG3.
Thats Synders 7 point plan. To be the "Ultimate Team"

Sarcasman
01-06-2013, 05:51 PM
I can see it now... Redskins dont win the bowl: Dan synders checklist
1. Blamed the season on the "poor Receivers" Trade 2014 1st Rounder, 2015 4th Rounder for Sidney Rice. Preceed to extend him for another 5 years. Make him the highest paid WR ever.
2. Now says "we need fast guys" Trade 2014 3rd rounder to Saints for Darren Sproles. Extend him for 3 years $6 mill a year.
3. Extend Adam Carriker for being "A Die hard Redskin". 4 years at $4.5 Mill a year.
4. Says they need a "Pass rush" Trades Ryan Kerrigan, 2015 1st Rounder and 5th to Colts for Dwight Freeney. Extends him an extra two years which makes another $10 mill a year.
5. Cuts Fletcher, Deangelo Hall and Moss "In with new , out with the old to free Cap space"
6. Trade Cousins to Cardinals for a 2014 5th rounder "Need to recoup some picks he says"
7. Sign Vick to a 3 year $7 Mill a year to back up RG3.
Thats Synders 7 point plan. To be the "Ultimate Team"

We can hope. I think the main reason the Skins are now relevant is because Snyder must have agreed to stay completely out of football operations. I can't imagine any respected pro taking the job under any other circumstances, I'm sure Shanahan didn't when he agreed to rebuild that team.

miked1958
01-06-2013, 06:10 PM
He started out pretty great engineering touchdowns on first two drives. Seattle scored last 13 points of the half however and gets ball first in third quarter

NYfanatic
01-06-2013, 06:34 PM
We can hope. I think the main reason the Skins are now relevant is because Snyder must have agreed to stay completely out of football operations. I can't imagine any respected pro taking the job under any other circumstances, I'm sure Shanahan didn't when he agreed to rebuild that team.

Every time RG3 goes down, Synder is gasping at the fact he could lose his money maker. I wouldnt be surprised to see him intervene so he keeps on making that money for a long time.

miked1958
01-06-2013, 06:37 PM
He seems overall better to me then Vick, young and cam as far as what we have seen so far. But his second season will tell the tail

miked1958
01-06-2013, 06:39 PM
I know Andrew Luck and colts didnt look all that good today vs ravens but that was an incredible season with him notching 11 wins. Very impressive

Sarcasman
01-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Every time RG3 goes down, Synder is gasping at the fact he could lose his money maker. I wouldnt be surprised to see him intervene so he keeps on making that money for a long time.

Well, you know it's probably killing him because they only reason they're successful is because he's not involved.

Here's hoping Jerry Jones never gets that smart.

miked1958
01-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Seattle need to put one in endzone

miked1958
01-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Again inside 35 of skins... This will be 6th scoring OPP

NYCDBS
01-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Seattle better not mess this up...

Kez Simpson
01-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Why was RG3 playing injured foolish boy.

Kez Simpson
01-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Washington lost this game because of his foolishness to pull himself from the game despite him being injured, probably just tored his acl.

Eliscruzzz
01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Washington lost this game because of his foolishness to pull himself from the game despite him being injured, probably just tored his acl.Please man, RG3 is hurt but Seattle played their asses off...

NYCDBS
01-06-2013, 07:10 PM
What are they thinking leaving Griffin in? He was limping around all game I know he's a Redskin but I hate to see guys get hurt like this...

miked1958
01-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Washington lost this game because of his foolishness to pull himself from the game despite him being injured, probably just tored his acl.thats the second time he has had an ugly knee incident. He just got up. Hope it's not serious.. But we all knew this would eventually happen

Hassett00
01-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Washington lost this game because of his foolishness to pull himself from the game despite him being injured, probably just tored his acl.

The man is hurt. Bit of respect. Granted he should of been pulled earlier for Cousins but it doesnt matter. An injury is an injury and hopefully it's not as serious as it looks

miked1958
01-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Looked like Tate was held pretty good there

NYfanatic
01-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Glad the deadskins are out of the playoffs. But as a person I hope RG3 is ok. Even though I dont like him since he is a deadskin its never good to see a guy potentially end his career on injury.
Rooting for the Pats and niners to lose next week.
Niner fans are annoying and I never liked the pats.

chuckedafter5yards
01-06-2013, 08:04 PM
OK so how did the Redskins look with an injured RG3 in there? not so good- the offense is effective when you have a disposable QB.

poppa smurph
01-06-2013, 08:17 PM
OK so how did the Redskins look with an injured RG3 in there? not so good- the offense is effective when you have a disposable QB.The option needs the QB to be able to be that running threat that RG certainly wasn't today.
Redskins shoulda put Cousins in there long before RG went down.

Sarcasman
01-06-2013, 08:34 PM
The option needs the QB to be able to be that running threat that RG certainly wasn't today.
Redskins shoulda put Cousins in there long before RG went down.

Absolutely. It's not like the Seattle offense was running away with anything. A ball control passing game and lots of Morris - just like in the first quarter - and you've got a different ballgame down the stretch. Once the Redskins abandoned their gameplan and started throwing most downs, Seattle just pinned their ears back..

poppa smurph
01-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Absolutely. It's not like the Seattle offense was running away with anything. A ball control passing game and lots of Morris - just like in the first quarter - and you've got a different ballgame down the stretch. Once the Redskins abandoned their gameplan and started throwing most downs, Seattle just pinned their ears back..Outside of RG3's knee, the big story for me was the play of Seattle's D. The front four especially.
Their DT... can't think of his name right now... but wow, what a force up the middle.

Sarcasman
01-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Outside of RG3's knee, the big story for me was the play of Seattle's D. The front four especially.
Their DT... can't think of his name right now... but wow, what a force up the middle.

It's amazing what a great upfront presence can do for a defense. I know the guy you're talking about....absolute monster.

chuckedafter5yards
01-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Option running threat=short NFL career. RG3 had 84 yards passing on 19 atts, Cousins had 31 yards passing. Think you're going to win with #'S LIKE that?

TheEnigma
01-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Outside of RG3's knee, the big story for me was the play of Seattle's D. The front four especially.

Brandon Mebane? He's a space eater.

JPP Madman
01-06-2013, 09:13 PM
RG3 tear that ACL baby. just like the redskins owner making more bad decisions, greedy *******!!

poppa smurph
01-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Brandon Mebane? He's a space eater.Alan Branch ( I think ).

JPP Madman
01-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Perry Fewell needs to be replaced. From super bowl to this lackluster defense. Whats yer prob Perry. Get yer s h i t together!!!! Our offense used to be conservative now its the defense. Secondary still gets burnt and no pass rush. cant rely on the madman everytime. Tuck has gone missing and injured allll the time Osi needs to go, you know when no other team will have him its time to retire him to some nearby nursing home. ashamed!!! didnt even make the playoffs. we did have the hardest schedule in the NFL but we were the best team. Patriots go every year and they had their chance twice with the gmen. they cant do it. We are the best team, defense needs to pick it up!!!!!

Hassett00
01-07-2013, 04:18 AM
Perry Fewell needs to be replaced. From super bowl to this lackluster defense. Whats yer prob Perry. Get yer s h i t together!!!! Our offense used to be conservative now its the defense. Secondary still gets burnt and no pass rush. cant rely on the madman everytime. Tuck has gone missing and injured allll the time Osi needs to go, you know when no other team will have him its time to retire him to some nearby nursing home. ashamed!!! didnt even make the playoffs. we did have the hardest schedule in the NFL but we were the best team. Patriots go every year and they had their chance twice with the gmen. they cant do it. We are the best team, defense needs to pick it up!!!!!

Sorry. We were no where near being the best team. We're we good? On occasion but we stank in far too many games this year to be labelled the best. We could possibly be 1-5 in or division. You are right. We did have the hardest schedual in the season but so did the Ravens and look where they are.fewell is part of the problem but I out more responsibility on the players.

Back to the game in hand. I say the Falcons are shaking n their feet with Seattle coming to town. That defense is crazy. And of course Lynch is a beast. Nice to see Russell out infront a couple of times throwing blocks.
Only bad thing Seattle can take from this game is that Clemons ( I believe it was) went down with an ACL in the 4th. Their best past rusher this season with 11sacks. But the rest of their Dline know how to out pressure on the QB. Some lovely blitzes last night

TroyArcher
01-07-2013, 11:45 AM
Sorry. We were no where near being the best team. We're we good? On occasion but we stank in far too many games this year to be labelled the best. We could possibly be 1-5 in or division. You are right. We did have the hardest schedual in the season but so did the Ravens and look where they are.fewell is part of the problem but I out more responsibility on the players.

Back to the game in hand. I say the Falcons are shaking n their feet with Seattle coming to town. That defense is crazy. And of course Lynch is a beast. Nice to see Russell out infront a couple of times throwing blocks.
Only bad thing Seattle can take from this game is that Clemons ( I believe it was) went down with an ACL in the 4th. Their best past rusher this season with 11sacks. But the rest of their Dline know how to out pressure on the QB. Some lovely blitzes last night

Wilson better watch that blocking stuff or he too will end up on IR.

miked1958
01-09-2013, 07:25 PM
Well worst fears of Redskins Fans since RG3 has gotten to Washington and what many giants fans on this forums have been saying could happen due to his style of play was confirmed this morning. RG3 underwent total reconstruction of his ACL and LCL and has a 6-8 month window providing there is no set backs. It's the same knee from 09 and they had already used the grafts from other knee. Nowmi know he has youth on his side but This kid may never be the same physically or Mentally. Also Peterson is the exception to the rule and not the norm. Blame the coaches, the doctors or RG himself but this is not good