PDA

View Full Version : Antonio pierce on Mike and Mike

gfanblue
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Ok. Before the espn haters come out swinging or the AP critics put their two cents in allow me to say what Peirce said. And I quote " im not a fan of Perry Fewell. Hes trying to run spagnuolos system without the any changes to it and other teams have caught up to it" Doesnt get more pointed than that.

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Except he isnt running Spags system at all. Fewell has been running essentially a cover 2/tampa 2 all season.

Moke
12-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Ok. Before the espn haters come out swinging or the AP critics put their two cents in allow me to say what Peirce said. And I quote " im not a fan of Perry Fewell. Hes trying to run spagnuolos system without the any changes to it and other teams have caught up to it" Doesnt get more pointed than that.

He makes a great point.

JayMas9
12-31-2012, 10:36 AM
Except he isnt running Spags system at all. Fewell has been running essentially a cover 2/tampa 2 all season.This, the approach to pass coverage is completely different.

GameTime
12-31-2012, 10:39 AM
eehh....he is running a D that is predicated on a strong pass rush. Like Spagnulo did. Except this year the pass rush stunk and the secondary got lit up.
Whether schem or players Fewell couldnt dial it in. Dont need to be a former player or analsyst to see that

TheAnalyst
12-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Spags was aggressive, blitzed from all over. Perry relies on the front 4 way to much. He relies on Tuck and Osi when he should see they needed help. JPP got shut down. Spags made the adjustments. I remember a bunch of games were he was making the adjustments at half when the d was lagging, and we would comeback and win by stopping the other team. With Fewell, you watch the bend bit don't break, break.

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Spags was aggressive, blitzed from all over. Perry relies on the front 4 way to much. He relies on Tuck and Osi when he should see they needed help. JPP got shut down. Spags made the adjustments. I remember a bunch of games were he was making the adjustments at half when the d was lagging, and we would comeback and win by stopping the other team. With Fewell, you watch the bend bit don't break, break.

Spags relied a ton on the front 4, but while he was here they were dominant, big Fred Robbins was tremendous, Cofield was very good, Tuck was at his peak, Osi was still a very good player. Still had strahan who had a damn good year in 07, and Kiwi was playing well.

Who does Fewell have? An Osi who plays sometimes, Tuck who is broken down, Linval who is primarily a run stuffer, and JPP who gets double teamed every play. Canty is a pretty good inside pass rusher, but he was hurt a lot of the season.

gumby74
12-31-2012, 10:49 AM
Spags relied a ton on the front 4, but while he was here they were dominant, big Fred Robbins was tremendous, Cofield was very good, Tuck was at his peak, Osi was still a very good player. Still had strahan who had a damn good year in 07, and Kiwi was playing well.

Who does Fewell have? An Osi who plays sometimes, Tuck who is broken down, Linval who is primarily a run stuffer, and JPP who gets double teamed every play. Canty is a pretty good inside pass rusher, but he was hurt a lot of the season.

Relying on your front 4 for certain situations is a lot different than living and dying by your front 4. It seems like PF took the latter.

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Relying on your front 4 for certain situations is a lot different than living and dying by your front 4. It seems like PF took the latter.

I think if you looked at number of times they sent 5+ rushers it would be pretty similar.

gfanblue
12-31-2012, 10:50 AM
All im saying what he said. But yes, there are glaring differences. I heard and I reported. Nothing more.

gumby74
12-31-2012, 10:53 AM

I think if you looked at number of times they sent 5+ rushers it would be pretty similar.

I don't seem to remember it that way. But assuming that's teh case, then whatever the issue is, PF doesn't seem to have the sense of where or when to do certain things that Spags did. When PF was here for his year, his defense was decent, but it still wasn't as good as what Spags had. PF had arguably more talent to work with than Spags did.