PDA

View Full Version : Free agents

GIANTSED101
12-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Does anybody have a list or know of any key players that might be out there that we might be able to pick up?

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 11:39 AM
I'm not sure we're even going to sign anyone big in FA this year...

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 11:39 AM
The giants have 25 of their own FAs. A lot of them very important resigns.

GIANTSED101
12-31-2012, 11:44 AM
We don't have a lot of cap room either right??? So we might actually be in a little bit of trouble if we're not able to bring back a lot of our core players?

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 11:47 AM
We don't have a lot of cap room either right??? So we might actually be in a little bit of trouble if we're not able to bring back a lot of our core players?

As far as I know, giants are already well over the cap for next year.

They have a ton of guys to bring back.

RFAs
Cruz
Stevie Brown
Andre Brown (EFRA)
Capers
Pascoe
Adrian Tracy

UFAs
Locklear
Tryon
Kenny Phillips
David Carr
Will Beatty
Kevin Boothe
Hixon
Blackburn
Rocky Bernard
Bennett
Barden
Keith Rivers
Tynes

I might have missed a couple.

gumby74
12-31-2012, 11:50 AM

RFAs
Cruz
Stevie Brown
Andre Brown (EFRA)
Capers
Pascoe
Adrian Tracy

UFAs
Locklear
Tryon
Kenny Phillips
David Carr
Will Beatty
Kevin Boothe
Hixon
Blackburn
Rocky Bernard
Bennett
Barden
Keith Rivers
Tynes

The off season will be mighty interesting that's for sure. I predict a lot of fans going off on JR too.

rEaS
12-31-2012, 11:50 AM
out of the UFA.. i wonder if they let keith rivers, barden and tryon walk.. they are signing bennett, tynes, locklear, beatty and boothe.. the RFA all get in including capers unless we draft heavy OL

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 11:53 AM
out of the UFA.. i wonder if they let keith rivers, barden and tryon walk.. they are signing bennett, tynes, locklear, beatty and boothe.. the RFA all get in including capers unless we draft heavy OL

Tryon was a pretty good ST player, but I can see either way with him. Probably get resigned but maybe get released in/after training camp.
Keith Rivers might get another 1 year prove it deal. He was a decent player when he was on the field.

Barden has already been passed on the depth chart by Randle, and I think they would prefer to get Jernigan more involved. Hixon is an interesting one, maybe they let him walk too.

GIANTSED101
12-31-2012, 11:56 AM
Tryon was a pretty good ST player, but I can see either way with him. Probably get resigned but maybe get released in/after training camp.
Keith Rivers might get another 1 year prove it deal. He was a decent player when he was on the field.

Barden has already been passed on the depth chart by Randle, and I think they would prefer to get Jernigan more involved. Hixon is an interesting one, maybe they let him walk too.

I agree on Rivers, when he was healthy he was a beast. I think Barden and Hixon are both gone along with KP. I do hope we re sign KP though,

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 11:57 AM
I agree on Rivers, when he was healthy he was a beast. I think Barden and Hixon are both gone along with KP. I do hope we re sign KP though,

KP and Stevie Brown probably depend on what they do with Rolle, who is going to be getting paid like $7 mil next season, could probably keep KP and Brown for that money.

gumby74
12-31-2012, 11:59 AM
KP and Stevie Brown probably depend on what they do with Rolle, who is going to be getting paid like $7 mil next season, could probably keep KP and Brown for that money.

So what are we going to do with Cruz? Letting the rest of the FAs walk won't exactly increase our cap situation that much since most of them were discount players anyway.

slipknottin
12-31-2012, 12:01 PM
So what are we going to do with Cruz? Letting the rest of the FAs walk won't exactly increase our cap situation that much since most of them were discount players anyway.

Have to release players. Rolle, Diehl, Canty, Boley,Webster, etc. Pick and choose some. Releasing all of them saves the giants approx 30 million.

Then can restructure some like Eli who is due 13 million, but that just pushes the cap hit back into the next season.

gumby74
12-31-2012, 12:05 PM

Have to release players. Rolle, Diehl, Canty, Boley,Webster, etc. Pick and choose some. Releasing all of them saves the giants approx 30 million.

Then can restructure some like Eli who is due 13 million, but that just pushes the cap hit back into the next season.

I guess it depends on who you release. Aren't some of the cap hits ridiculous for those guys if we cut them? But yeah definitely some overpaid fat that we can trim.

GIANTSED101
12-31-2012, 12:06 PM
Hopefully a lot of guys restructure so we can keep Cruz and some of our other core players. If not it might look pretty ugly next season.

gumby74
12-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Hopefully a lot of guys restructure so we can keep Cruz and some of our other core players. If not it might look pretty ugly next season.

Next 2 years actually. The next 2 years if Eli doesn't return to 2011 form, we're going to be 8-8 or below imo. We got what we wanted out of spending that money - a SB win last year. Now we have to re-tool via the draft and hope Eli carries us.

GIANTSED101
12-31-2012, 12:13 PM
That's the main reason why this season is so much more disappointing that the 2008 season. We needed to try and get the most out of what we had as a team and we just underachieved big time. It's kind of scary to think that the good years may be behind us if we're unable to make some decent changes and have good play from our SB winning QB.

ryan12
12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
stevie brown chase balckburn and cruz are must resign's bye bye canty diehl c web and boley

BigBlueAllDay
12-31-2012, 12:28 PM

RFAs
Cruz
Stevie Brown
Andre Brown (EFRA)
Capers
Pascoe
Adrian Tracy

UFAs
Locklear
Tryon
Kenny Phillips
David Carr
Will Beatty
Kevin Boothe
Hixon
Blackburn
Rocky Bernard
Bennett
Barden
Keith Rivers
Tynes

Cruz, S. Brown, Phillips, M. Bennett. Everyone else probably won't find anything significantly better in free agency.

ghostoftommymaddox
12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Next 2 years actually. The next 2 years if Eli doesn't return to 2011 form, we're going to be 8-8 or below imo. We got what we wanted out of spending that money - a SB win last year. Now we have to re-tool via the draft and hope Eli carries us.

Agree completely -- the issue is identifying which of the FAs still have upside, and I'm not sure a lot of them do -- personally, I'd prefer that they let a lot of them go and let next season be a transition/rebuild year - we were second to last in overall defense and have major injury/tire wear issues at the skill positions -- "tinkering" with the roster won't get it done.