PDA

View Full Version : Romo chokes again in a big spot

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 11:30 AM
The guy is a statistics accumulator but a real loser when it counts most.

Moke
12-31-2012, 11:31 AM
And that's why he is a horrible QB. Not sure where the obsession comes from.

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 11:34 AM
And that's why he is a horrible QB. Not sure where the obsession comes from.

Alot of people are caught up in numbers, we live in the age of Fantasy Football and Madden Football. I'd take Eli every time over Romo.

Moke
12-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Alot of people are caught up in numbers, we live in the age of Fantasy Football and Madden Football. I'd take Eli every time over Romo.

Very true. One of my friends who is a cowboys fan texted me going "OH ROMO HAD 400 YARDS+" like really? Believe it was last weeks game.

Joe Morrison
12-31-2012, 11:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aF9Y9E3neg

krygny
12-31-2012, 11:49 AM
Romo is probably the most under-acheiving QB in the NFL. He's been surrounded by tremendeous talent for years and he's done nothing with it except run up numbers.

Kerrigan91
12-31-2012, 12:55 PM
Romo is probably the most under-acheiving QB in the NFL. He's been surrounded by tremendeous talent for years and he's done nothing with it except run up numbers.
I really think it is the Dallas factor. Sure, Romo has made some stupid decisions in clutch moments but every year, without fail, ESPN and the other talking heads all scream from the mountain tops how talented Dallas is. It could be... that Dallas players are overhyped at many positions because of the media coverage they get as "America's Team".

That isn't to say they don't have some great players, but I think collectively they aren't the juggernaut on paper that the media anoints them to be each year. No team this year in the NFC East was a huge step above another in the talent department.

Manster54
12-31-2012, 01:44 PM
I've been a Cowboys fan since the 60's and Romo makes it very hard to argue against anything said here. I knew, with all the losses on defense and the patchwork replacements, that Dallas was going to give up points. If they were going to win Romo would have to be on time and on target and he was neither of these. Once again, he played poorly when it mattered most. Dallas was out-played and out-coached. They deserved to lose. I really hope it gets fixed because I'm not getting any younger.

ProfessorCrue
12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
I've been a Cowboys fan since the 60's and Romo makes it very hard to argue against anything said here. I knew, with all the losses on defense and the patchwork replacements, that Dallas was going to give up points. If they were going to win Romo would have to be on time and on target and he was neither of these. Once again, he played poorly when it mattered most. Dallas was out-played and out-coached. They deserved to lose. I really hope it gets fixed because I'm not getting any younger.

none of us are lol

TCHOF
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
I actually felt bad for Romo

P_Simms_#11
12-31-2012, 03:14 PM

Well put Troy.

blueomaha
01-01-2013, 04:32 PM
The cowballs just don't get it...very good players don't make a very good team...Romo can't make the big play in a crucial game...there is a reason he went undrafted....

EliDaMANning
01-02-2013, 08:42 AM
He relies too much on Witten and doesn't go through his progressions. IMO if you want to be a winning QB you need to go to your WR first then TE. Only the Pats can get away with this but they haven't won anything in almost a decade either.

JJC7301
01-02-2013, 11:51 PM
I really think it is the Dallas factor. Sure, Romo has made some stupid decisions in clutch moments but every year, without fail, ESPN and the other talking heads all scream from the mountain tops how talented Dallas is. It could be... that Dallas players are overhyped at many positions because of the media coverage they get as "America's Team".

That isn't to say they don't have some great players, but I think collectively they aren't the juggernaut on paper that the media anoints them to be each year. No team this year in the NFC East was a huge step above another in the talent department.
No, the "talent" around him has been very overrated for years. And the coaching has stunk as well as the owner/GM. Romo's far from perfect, but not the main problem with that team.

Kerrigan91
01-03-2013, 02:25 AM
No, the "talent" around him has been very overrated for years. And the coaching has stunk as well as the owner/GM. Romo's far from perfect, but not the main problem with that team.
That is basically what I said???

Ntegrase96
01-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Been in Mexico for the last week but still was able to catch the game (although in Spanish).

I would have hoped he was past this, but then again it was only hope. I've been down on Romo the entire year so I suppose his brain fart wasn't a surprise.

Ntegrase96
01-04-2013, 12:17 PM

We have a good group of of young core players Bryant, Murray, Smith, Harris, Claiborne, Carr, Carter, Lee... but the 'talented' staples of the team are getting older and much less effective, and have been overrated for a while now... the young guys? Underrated.

Coaching isn't great, but I'd be okay with sticking with Garrett provided he shows some improvement (I felt he and Ryan did an excellent job with what they had to work with for most of the season).

Can't do anything about Jerry, so I think the best move the Cowboys could make is start grooming another QB to take over for Romo in 2014 when many of the core players I mentioned above will be in their prime.

Sean Montemayor
01-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Poor Dallas. They're hopes are so high every year to win a Super Bowl, let alone make playoffs, and in steps Tony Romo. Sad, sad story. Haha.

appodictic
01-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Maybe his arm got tired in that last game.

Ntegrase96
01-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Poor Dallas. They're hopes are so high every year to win a Super Bowl, let alone make playoffs, and in steps Tony Romo. Sad, sad story. Haha.

Yes... So high. Seems like every year we have the most talent in the league but somehow we don't win it all. Woe is me. Everyone else is lucky and so on and so forth.

End /red

Seriously though, anyone who doesn't think their team has a chance-- what's the point of even watching? And any fan that expects a championship is delusional.

OX1
01-05-2013, 05:48 AM
I always thought Romo was a couple of lucky breaks away from having a great post season, but
I am finally onboard with those that say he is a choke artist after that last game.