PDA

View Full Version : Ian O'connor doesn't waste any time going after Eli again

EliDaMANning
12-31-2012, 12:04 PM
2x SB MVP gets abused yet again by this clown writer. Last time he took a shot at him was opening day vs the Cowgirls. He knocked Eli 1 game after winning the SB because he didn't beat Dallas opening night.

Few months later, seizing the opportunity, he comes through yet again at bashing Eli. I don't know what his problem is, we can't win it every year but this moron just loves thrashing Eli.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8794164/eli-manning-blame-new-york-giants-failure-2012

mike kennedy
12-31-2012, 12:08 PM
He sees the whole picture. That's why he is an Nfl coach.

GameTime
12-31-2012, 12:10 PM
I an O'Conner is a **** head. Nothing to do with him bashing Eli either....
he is who he is...

EliDaMANning
He sees the whole picture. That's why he is an Nfl coach.What?

At least i'm enjoying reading the comments section. Plenty of Giants fans agreeing with me on this one.

Toadofsteel
Goddamnit, does Eli have to win 4 rings to shut these people up?

Sarcasman
2x SB MVP gets abused yet again by this clown writer. Last time he took a shot at him was opening day vs the Cowgirls. He knocked Eli 1 game after winning the SB because he didn't beat Dallas opening night.

Few months later, seizing the opportunity, he comes through yet again at bashing Eli. I don't know what his problem is, we can't win it every year but this moron just loves thrashing Eli.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8794164/eli-manning-blame-new-york-giants-failure-2012

Who?

B-Red22
12-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Ya i saw this yesterday and just kind of laughed

sportsfan554
12-31-2012, 12:19 PM
the way I see it is that there is no "I in team". It is not just one persons fault for this years collaspe. everyone is to blame. The faster we see this and except it, the faster some changes are made. Eli is a great QB. Cant expect him to win it all every year.

DarkSaint
12-31-2012, 12:21 PM
It was a wasted year, we lost a chance at history. The blame really should be on the coaching staff. I sometimes wonder if these talking heads actually watch the games of teams they attack. It was obviouse Eli played in a system that gave him no chance to put up big numbers, every throw was in a tight window. They dont make adjustments, just have eli force throws to Nicks. 2 big slant plays come to mind. The slant to Nicks and Randle. Both great throws, would have hit nicks in stride but the safety caught up and intercepted the pass. The slant to randel went 14 yards. thats coaching for not putting our best on the field. coaches send players on the field based on their past instead of those that gives us the best chance. I just hope you can teach these dogs new tricks but if they refuse to change their ways, we are going to be stuck with a 8-10 win team.

gumby74
12-31-2012, 12:27 PM

He can win no more rings for the rest of his career, but if he's consistent, the media will treat him like royalty - just like they did at the end of 2011.
However, if he continues this Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde crap, he can win 2 more and he'll still get questioned.

M00KIE
12-31-2012, 12:29 PM
I'll never understand these threads about *insertwriterhere*. Who cares what he thinks?

Hooligans
12-31-2012, 12:41 PM

He's right, most of the blame does fall on the grossly underperforming Eli, with the pitiful Giant defense a close second.

Buddy333
12-31-2012, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=gumby74;646759]He can win no more rings for the rest of his career, but if he's consistent, the media will treat him like royalty - just like they did at the end of 2011.However, if he continues this Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde crap, he can win 2 more and he'll still get questioned.[/QUOTEThis.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 12:44 PM
I'll never understand these threads about *insertwriterhere*. Who cares what he thinks?

HIs job is write something to sell papers, not to be a football expert and certainly not to be correct. Logical fallacies sell papers because they're simple and seem to make sense.

EliDaMANning
12-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Goddamnit, does Eli have to win 4 rings to shut these people up?I think he will win 1 or 2 more before its all said and done and still won't get the respect across the league.

EliDaMANning
12-31-2012, 12:45 PM
HIs job is write something to sell papers, not to be a football expert and certainly not to be correct. Logical fallacies sell papers because they're simple and seem to make sense.He also does talk radio I believe. He seems level headed with everything else that doesn't involve Eli.

Kez Simpson
12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
He can win no more rings for the rest of his career, but if he's consistent, the media will treat him like royalty - just like they did at the end of 2011.
However, if he continues this Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde crap, he can win 2 more and he'll still get questioned.

The media is quick to jump to next hottest things, see RGIII, see Russell Wilson. Eli will never have the glamour of the game they play, or the dink and dunk stats of Rodgers and Brady.

Sarcasman
12-31-2012, 01:00 PM
He also does talk radio I believe. He seems level headed with everything else that doesn't involve Eli.

Maybe he's in love with him.

gumby74
12-31-2012, 01:10 PM
The media is quick to jump to next hottest things, see RGIII, see Russell Wilson. Eli will never have the glamour of the game they play, or the dink and dunk stats of Rodgers and Brady.

You nuts? The media was riding Eli's jock for most of this year. Even when he was struggling. How quickly we forget.

giantsfan420
12-31-2012, 01:30 PM
still find it interestiing that for all oconners ragging on eli, he still classifies him as an elite qb like its common knowledge.

BeatYale
12-31-2012, 01:36 PM

Nope. He just has to stop being so inconsistent. Elite QB's aren't suppose to have multiple games with 0 TD passes. And nobody cares what the excuses are for him having bad games. QB's get all the credit, and all the blame - that's just how it goes.

nhpgiantsfan
12-31-2012, 01:45 PM
That article really wasn't that bad. Did you all read the entire article.

"Eli got outperformed above all others. He's still very much an elite quarterback, still a future Hall of Famer, still the kind of long-baller you want at the plate in the bottom of the ninth."

gumby74
12-31-2012, 01:51 PM
still find it interestiing that for all oconners ragging on eli, he still classifies him as an elite qb like its common knowledge.

It is possible to hold a high opinion on something while pointing out its flaws.

giantsfan420
12-31-2012, 01:58 PM
It is possible to hold a high opinion on something while pointing out its flaws.is that what u think u do? i see what u do as providing us all with logical fallacies so 99% of us can prove u wrong all the while u claim ur right. i dont consider someone making the most illogical asinine statement "eli has below avg. arm strength, he actually has one of the weaker arms in the league" as pointing out a flaw. i consider it mouth diarea

Buddy333
12-31-2012, 02:00 PM
It is possible to hold a high opinion on something while pointing out its flaws.Not around here.

gumby74
12-31-2012, 02:02 PM
is that what u think u do? i see what u do as providing us all with logical fallacies so 99% of us can prove u wrong all the while u claim ur right. i dont consider someone making the most illogical asinine statement "eli has below avg. arm strength, he actually has one of the weaker arms in the league" as pointing out a flaw. i consider it mouth diarea

The problem is you have issues with reading comprehension. I even bold the sections I'm responding to, but apparently it still doesn't help. I didn't say it was a flaw. I said it didn't matter as long as he could make the throws.

giantsfan420
12-31-2012, 02:03 PM
just for full disclosure, I feel eli could have done much better in the pocket this season, he seemed to rush throws for fear of the OL giving up pressure when the OL actually was holding up well. I feel eli tried to force too many throws and play outside of himself which ended up hurting us more. I feel eli coulda displayed more urgency the final month in hopes others followed him and played with more urgency. I felt eli wasnt breaking down defenses as well as years past, and forcing throws into coverage more than usual. I felt eli should be more strong willed in demanding what he wants from the coaches and not be such a good soldier on issues like redzone problems...

see, i have no issue pointing out flaws. but im not gonna agree when someone makes an inaccurate statement and apply it to eli or any giant for that matter