PDA

View Full Version : How would the Cap work if?

browneye
12-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Hey guys was just looking online at the Giants current saleries and cap. I'm not sure how it works. If we cut a guy like webster would that free up 6750000 to spend this upcoming year on other players? I was just looking at players I would let go. Here's what I came up with Webster, Canty, Boley, Osi, Tuck, Phillips, TT, And Jernigan. Would that free up 37,229,2774 in cap space for resignings, rookies and FA's?

Toadofsteel
12-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Any money that is guaranteed over any length of time becomes an immediate cap hit, plus you don't get the player since you just cut him.

Personally, i'd approve if we cut a bunch of players like Diehl, Tuck, and Webster, took the cap hits up front, and sacked 2013 as a rebuilding year. It's time for this ponzi scheme of restructuring to end...

BlueBlooded1979
12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
After year 2 most contracts have manageable dead money after year 3 it should be negligible unless it was heavily restructured. Osi is an FA but our genius front office gave him more money and a voidable year so he counts for over a million in dead money. The cuts you suggested would probably net 25m in cap space total. I don't agree with all of them but at the same time there needs to be some accountability for missing the playoffs and uninspired play when we it counted.

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Why not cut the whole team? Come on be serious.