PDA

View Full Version : Do most of you think the 3 coaches are the right coaches for this team ?

sheepdip
12-31-2012, 02:41 PM
I think the NFC east just passed by the giants this year. You need to take care of your division !!!

Fewel and Killdrive lol is this a joke.

We had the 31 st ranked defense guys ??? that should be instant fire..
Killdrive offense score points on saints, eagles and browns and teams like that. Where was his genius when we needed to win. Oh yeah shutout and a game with what 3 or 4 first downs. LOL

TC - I would support you if you lost these 2 bums.

Dallas defense pretty much shut us down this year with ease as they built themselves to stop us. Skins who had tons of injuries on defense already stopped us pretty much. How do we handle Rg3 ?? how do we stop mc coy who could get to the edge and run around our defense all day if they gave him the ball more. We need speed on defense and new schemes and strategies. I dont feel our OC and DC are right for the job with this team. Do all of you need another year of the same thing to realize.

I am thinking new attitude new direction, new coaches and create different atmosphere. Ppl say that its a benefit that killdrive and Eli been together so long. Well it really showed a lot this year......... see my point. Move on....

BuffyBlueII
12-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Our OC (he doens’t deserve to have his name typed) has been hampering Eli Manning for quite awhile. I think Eli Manning was so focused and had his best year in 2011 because as he has claimed, he was on the phone with Peyton 3-4 times a week during the regular season. Peyton had time to watch NY Giants games because he didn’t play and he was able to give Eli advice and that is where the difference may have come from in my opinion.

I think the issue is that Coach Coughlin is loyal to the point where it damages the team. I don’t think he will get rid of Fewell and our OC and that is not good. We need our OC and DC gone.

talbot
12-31-2012, 02:49 PM
Gilbride goes when Coughlin goes, lets be honest.

Dwinsballgames
12-31-2012, 02:54 PM
I don't share the same hate for KG that many others on this board do, but after this season, I'm not so sure about PF. Oh well, it looks like they'll both be here again next season anyway. At least it will give some folks on this board the scapegoats they seem to need when we don't make it to the superbowl every year.

canadave
12-31-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm actually more concerned about Fewell than Killdrive, although I think replacing KG would also be a good idea.

But Fewell....ugh. I know we've had injuries, but there's a few things that make me think more Fewell next year is a really bad idea:

1. LACK OF FLEXIBILITY OF SCHEME
It's like we gameplan a game, and then if it doesn't work....we just keep doing more of the same right up until the final whistle.

2. NO BLITZING IN A PASSING LEAGUE
The game is about getting to the QB now, because it's a passing league. If you don't get to the QB, they'll pick you apart. We NEVER blitz. Except, apparently, against the 4-12 Eagles in a meaningless game. And look how well it worked when we tried it! Point is--if you're having trouble all season long getting to the QB, as we did, then you have to figure out a different strategy. Why not send Blackburn in on blitzes more? Or Rolle? Fewell never wavered...just the same formula of "front four pressure, and let the back end handle itself." And even when that proved to be not working...he never changed it up.

3. UNPREPARED/UNMOTIVATED PLAYERS
Blackburn alluded to this in his postgame comments after the Ravens game. It sounded like the D was totally flustered and confused. And then of course you have the lack of fire in more than a few of the players.

4. INABILITY TO SPRING LOOSE TALENTED PASS RUSHERS
This goes back to point #2. How, how, HOW do you get Tuck, JPP, and Osi up front, and have such little pressure all year? I know Tuck is injured and fading, JPP was double-teamed, and Osi can be one-dimensional. I get all that. But even with allowance for all that, these guys are too talented to account for such completely feeble pressure. Maybe it's asking too much for them to be as dominant as they once were, but there's no way these guys should've been as completely ineffective as they wound up being.

giantsforce
12-31-2012, 03:07 PM
I think the NFC east just passed by the giants this year. You need to take care of your division !!!

Fewel and Killdrive lol is this a joke.

We had the 31 st ranked defense guys ??? that should be instant fire..
Killdrive offense score points on saints, eagles and browns and teams like that. Where was his genius when we needed to win. Oh yeah shutout and a game with what 3 or 4 first downs. LOL

TC - I would support you if you lost these 2 bums.

Dallas defense pretty much shut us down this year with ease as they built themselves to stop us. Skins who had tons of injuries on defense already stopped us pretty much. How do we handle Rg3 ?? how do we stop mc coy who could get to the edge and run around our defense all day if they gave him the ball more. We need speed on defense and new schemes and strategies. I dont feel our OC and DC are right for the job with this team. Do all of you need another year of the same thing to realize.

I am thinking new attitude new direction, new coaches and create different atmosphere. Ppl say that its a benefit that killdrive and Eli been together so long. Well it really showed a lot this year......... see my point. Move on....As far as I am concerned the Giants coaches are the 3 stooges. Let's see how high the NFL thinks of them now that there are 7 HC openings as of today and possibly 3 -4 more coming up. Do you think that Killdrive or Fewell will get any consideration?

TCHOF
12-31-2012, 03:13 PM
As far as I am concerned the Giants coaches are the 3 stooges. Let's see how high the NFL thinks of them now that there are 7 HC openings as of today and possibly 3 -4 more coming up. Do you think that Killdrive or Fewell will get any consideration?

How is that relevant? Plenty of good coordinators are not head coaching material.

Giantslb66
12-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Both coordinators need to go!!

giantsforce
12-31-2012, 03:22 PM
How is that relevant? Plenty of good coordinators are not head coaching material. One would think that a successful coordinator eventually will get an opportunity to at least interview for a HC position. However in this case, Fewell and Killdrive are not even coordinator material.