PDA

View Full Version : I don't even feel like watching the Playoffs now

DIPSET_ALL_DAY
12-31-2012, 02:00 PM
At least we finished strong, as hilarious as that sounds. I just hope we didn't blow out the Eagles because people were playing for their roster spots or fear of being fired. I just don't get how bi polar this team is. I do think it's been an emotionally draining season with the Hurricane then the Sandy Hook Shooting (which let me be honest, I'm tired of hearing about that now). We'd play games where we ensured the football world that we were playoff contenders still. Then it seemed like the Giants of old with Tiki on board and people not wanting to play for Coughlin. I honestly think we need to let Osi walk, Tuck gets a pay cut as well.

We have to draft a speed linebacker, at least now while we still have leaders on the defense that can inject their knowledge into them. I wish we could have gotten that stud from ND. I've wanted us to draft a linebacker in the first round for years, granted so of the people we wanted ended up being busts, but it doesn't hurt to go for a linebacker in the first round and then a CB in the second, as Webster is old and washed up.

Dwinsballgames
12-31-2012, 02:03 PM
It will be ok...really.

Moke
12-31-2012, 02:05 PM
There are really more important things in life. The upsetness hit me, but it's over with. Time to look to the future and see what we can do to improve.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Same here. I can't get excited for other teams... in fact I start getting a little jealous. I might watch that Seattle and Washington matchup just to see the Skins get bumped and the Indy game to see what Luck does but besides that, I'm completely uninterested in what Peyton, Brady or Rodgers does. NBA time for me.

Moke
12-31-2012, 02:08 PM
I really can't see why as a football fan, you can't enjoy the rest of the playoffs. Pick a team tht you'd love to see advance. There are plenty of teams that you'd like to see make it to the SB I'm sure.

TroyArcher
12-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Only one really, the NYG.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 02:14 PM
I really can't see why as a football fan, you can't enjoy the rest of the playoffs. Pick a team tht you'd love to see advance. There are plenty of teams that you'd like to see make it to the SB I'm sure.I'll watch a little but I'm not gonna warm up no wings and get my drinks ready like I would if the Giants were playing or attend a Superbowl party.

Moke
12-31-2012, 02:15 PM
I'll watch a little but I'm not gonna warm up no wings and get my drinks ready like I would if the Giants were playing or attend a Superbowl party.

Oh, well, obviously lol.

My friends might throw playoff parties though so I might go to those.

Marvelousmik
12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
Same here. I can't get excited for other teams... in fact I start getting a little jealous. I might watch that Seattle and Washington matchup just to see the Skins get bumped and the Indy game to see what Luck does but besides that, I'm completely uninterested in what Peyton, Brady or Rodgers does. NBA time for me.

i dont watch basketball anymore but i hear the lakers wont even make the playoffs and that kobe might retire after this season

Rudyy
12-31-2012, 02:30 PM
i dont watch basketball anymore but i hear the lakers wont even make the playoffs and that kobe might retire after this seasonThe Lakers are all over the place this year.

Moke
12-31-2012, 02:32 PM
I used to be a Kobe Bryant fan, but it's just ridiculous what happened to the Lakers.

Marvelousmik
12-31-2012, 02:32 PM
The Lakers are all over the place this year.

How so?

Rudyy
12-31-2012, 02:37 PM
How so?Many things, but I'll say the system their head coach wants them to run doesnt fit them. They are horrible on defense, and unless Kobe scores 40 a game, there are no consistent scorers. Nash is a good scorer but point guards are supposed to distribute the ball. It's basically Nash and Kobe running the team.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 02:43 PM
i dont watch basketball anymore but i hear the lakers wont even make the playoffs and that kobe might retire after this seasonI haven't been too thrilled about basketball this year because of Rose's injury. I've been sporadically watching and paying attention to the records and what not but now that the Gmen are done, I'll be a little more into it. Oh yeah, the Lakers are definitely all over the place... Dwight Howard should've stayed in Orlando.

Marvelousmik
12-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Many things, but I'll say the system their head coach wants them to run doesnt fit them. They are horrible on defense, and unless Kobe scores 40 a game, there are no consistent scorers. Nash is a good scorer but point guards are supposed to distribute the ball. It's basically Nash and Kobe running the team.

hmm, i spoke to my friend last night who is a huge kobe fan and she was telling me the exact same thing. it was weird to me because i never really looked at basketball the way i look at football. I know running a certain system is essential to football players, but isnt basketball a little more free style? I played center for 1 year in high school and it seemed like my role was pretty simple. set a screen or post my guy up. Interesting prospective though. How is the system not fitting the team?

Marvelousmik
12-31-2012, 03:02 PM
I haven't been too thrilled about basketball this year because of Rose's injury. I've been sporadically watching and paying attention to the records and what not but now that the Gmen are done, I'll be a little more into it. Oh yeah, the Lakers are definitely all over the place... Dwight Howard should've stayed in Orlando.

its been like 6 years since i followed basketball lol. I might try to get back into it but i doubt id be able to follow it seriously. Rose is still out?

Buddy333
12-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Some football fans we have here. Always watch the playoffs if you are a true football fan.

thegiantsrule10
12-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Go knicks

Cloud57
12-31-2012, 03:04 PM
Some football fans we have here. Always watch the playoffs if you are a true football fan.I'll watch it, showing no emotions..lol

Marvelousmik
12-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Some football fans we have here. Always watch the playoffs if you are a true football fan.

sometimes i cant tell if im a Giants fan, or football fan. In terms of playing sports im a football fan. When it comes to watching it im only a giants fan.

GentleGiant
12-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Oh please. You're gonna watch the playoffs. It's dumb when people say they won't watch then when it comes on they can't stop watching it.

That's like saying you're not gonna watch the SB.

You'll eventually pick a team.

You'll watch the seahawks cause they might be the "funnest" team to watch.

You'll watch Adrian Peterson because you can't NOT watch Adrian Peterson.

You'll watch feel good story like the colts or bengals.

Even if you don't want Peyton or Brady to win, you'll still watch the inevitable shootout that they most certainly will have in the AFC championship.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 07:25 PM
sometimes i cant tell if im a Giants fan, or football fan. In terms of playing sports im a football fan. When it comes to watching it im only a giants fan.Same here. I started off as a fan of the sport but once you fall in love with a team, other games don't feel the same. I gotta get deeply involved... making small bets does the trick. If I really like a player helps too. I like Griffin but I'm not about to root for the Skins. I'm definitely not trading in my colors... I got too much invested with the Giants.

BurnerNYG
12-31-2012, 07:26 PM
Oh please. You're gonna watch the playoffs. It's dumb when people say they won't watch then when it comes on they can't stop watching it.

Even if you don't want Peyton or Brady to win, you'll still watch the inevitable shootout that they most certainly will have in the AFC championship.You might be right lol

Marvelousmik
12-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Same here. I started off as a fan of the sport but once you fall in love with a team, other games don't feel the same. I gotta get deeply involved... making small bets does the trick. If I really like a player helps too. I like Griffin but I'm not about to root for the Skins. I'm definitely not trading in my colors... I got too much invested with the Giants.

Exactly..ill root for rodgers but i wont really watch the game unless i bet money. then i have to watch.

JustinTuckNYG91
12-31-2012, 09:05 PM
I'll be watching the playoffs, looking forward to many of the match ups to be honest. Sure, it's 1000x times better when we're in the playoffs and the excitement is awesome that we're playing but we're out, unfortunately.

Pksoze
01-01-2013, 07:04 AM
I grew up in the 90's I'm used to watching the playoffs without the Giants. :( Anyway I do want the Redskins to lose. After that we'll see how the tournament goes.

Flip Empty
01-01-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm looking forward to them. Hoping to see another Brady/Manning clash.

Ruttiger711
01-01-2013, 08:56 AM
I'll definitely be sitting watching all the playoff games. NFL football is by far my most favorite sport to watch and there will no doubt be some quality football to see.

It will be completely stress free since the team I root for isn't in it, and any ancillary games aren't potential opponents. I've made my peace with the Giants not being in it and now actually looking forward to the games.

A preference at the moment? Denver v Seattle maybe?

Rusty192
01-01-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm looking forward to them. Hoping to see another Brady/Manning clash.I have a feeling it'll be a huge letdown. Patriots will jump on their *** and run away with it.

GiantRoc
01-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I hit bottom 1/2 way through the Baltimore game. I was totally at peace leading into the Philly game. No butterflys, nail biting, pacing or shortness with my wife. I am 90% healed. I am a Giants fan first, but I love football. I am hoping for some exciting games. I will pull for Payton and the Broncos. I have always been a fan of his too. I usually find myself doing more rooting against teams than for others. Either way, with no hockey what else is there to do?

GiantRoc
01-01-2013, 01:55 PM
I have a feeling it'll be a huge letdown. Patriots will jump on their *** and run away with it.

Bite your tongue. I hate Cindy and the Patsies. I don't want Him to get to another SB unless we are there to rip his heart out again.

NYGabriel
01-01-2013, 01:58 PM
I'll be watching but I usually watch a lot of non Giant games anyway. Gutted the Gmen won't be taking part but I still love the NFL.

GiantRoc
01-01-2013, 02:03 PM

Even if you don't want Peyton or Brady to win, you'll still watch the inevitable shootout that they most certainly will have in the AFC championship.

Hahaha The Bengals. SMH Who cares about them? (no offense to you BTW) I dont hate em, I dont feel good about em. They are just one team I have no feelings about whatsoever. I will root for them if they play a team I hate though. So they have that going for them. Hahaha

thegiantsrule10
01-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Hahaha The Bengals. SMH Who cares about them? (no offense to you BTW) I dont hate em, I dont feel good about em. They are just one team I have no feelings about whatsoever. I will root for them if they play a team I hate though. So they have that going for them. Hahaha

After what the Bengals did to us, should we really be laughing at them.

GentleGiant
01-01-2013, 04:18 PM

Hello! Anybody in there!

I didn't say you had to root for them. I said that they're a feel good story by finally getting over the hump of "oh you'll never beat the steelers and ravens".

There's people that hate the colts despite the feel good story.
And excuse me but why are you laughing at a team that blew us out?

Rusty192
01-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Bite your tongue. I hate Cindy and the Patsies. I don't want Him to get to another SB unless we are there to rip his heart out again.This doesn't mean they will win the SB bud. I think the NFC is just the better conference and will take the Lombardi again. Nevertheless, I see New England getting to the Superbowl once again.

GiantRoc
01-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Hello! Anybody in there!

I didn't say you had to root for them. I said that they're a feel good story by finally getting over the hump of "oh you'll never beat the steelers and ravens".

There's people that hate the colts despite the feel good story.
And excuse me but why are you laughing at a team that blew us out?

Kid it was a joke. Relax. Thats why it said no offense. The fact that we lost to the Bengals only makes the trgedy of this season worse. It was simply funny to me hearing about them being a feel good story. I just dont care about them. It was just a few years ago they were the most hated team around because they had so many misfits. If you guys would read the whole post you would know i wasnt downing you guys or even the Bengals for that matter. I like Giant fans and I generally dont attack any of them for their opinions. I will graciously accept appologies from both of you. Now try to have fun .

GentleGiant
01-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Kid it was a joke. Relax. Thats why it said no offense. The fact that we lost to the Bengals only makes the trgedy of this season worse. It was simply funny to me hearing about them being a feel good story. I just dont care about them. It was just a few years ago they were the most hated team around because they had so many misfits. If you guys would read the whole post you would know i wasnt downing you guys or even the Bengals for that matter. I like Giant fans and I generally dont attack any of them for their opinions. I will graciously accept appologies from both of you. Now try to have fun . You seem to have a grudge with the bengals. They beat the steelers and ravens and they'll most likely beat the texans.

freeoscar
01-02-2013, 05:14 PM
i find it easy to root for Peyton. One of the all time greats and I'd like to see his resume with 2 SBs on it. Plus the pattern thus far in Lombardi's is Peyton, Eli, Eli ..... so one more for Peyton means another 2 for Eli.....